Old 01-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Cristi--It's by Dean Koontz. (I forgot to put that yesterday!) Good book...do you have it? I'm starting another book.....one you sent me....

No Place Like Home by Barbara Samuel I've just started it (only a few pages in)

Let me know if you'd like to read that book...I'll send it your way!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Marti~that book sounds familiar but I don't think I have it. I used to be a big fan of Dean Kootnz but haven't read anything of his for a while. Seems my taste has changed. I've always liked Mary Higgins Clark and LaVryle Spencer, still do but now have been reading a lot of mystery/thriller FBI/PI stuff. Which a lot of them end up with someone falling in love so I still get the romance also.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:55 PM   #33  
One day at a time

Finally finished I is for Innocent. I must say it had me going and it was much better than the last one (H). Started Life of Pi Saturday and so far so good. I like the guys style of writing. While it's not my normal reading Katy got me interested in it. Hadn't heard of it before till then and had to go to Barnes and Noble to see what it was about-the reviews were good and it sounds good so we will see. After that another Janet Evanovich-To the Nines. Read one of hers and really liked it so found this one on the sale table at B & N for $4.98-not bad for a hard cover.

So...what's everyone else reading?

Marti~are you lliking No Place Like Home?

Well, happy reading everyone.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:58 PM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

I finished "No place like home" yesterday. I have to say....that book made me cry! I was sitting there reading while James & Jhanai were watching tv and I just had tears rolling down my cheeks!

I liked the book very much.

Not sure what I'm reading next.......have to browse through my books.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:27 AM   #35  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

OMG Marti I read that book years ago and remember it well. Sobbed. As I did when reading Mixed Blessings...Brandon was doing phsyio and Im sitting there bawling. wiping my eyes on the t-shirt. ....lol
need to go do a library run,,,out of books right now
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #36  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jane have passed Nora Roberts book around the office,,,seems more then half our office love Nora Roberts and we all share books. And totally enjoyed Blue Dahlia, waiting for the next one.
The other authors we all like are James Patterson and I got a few people onto Janet Evanovich.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #37  
One day at a time

Marti~glad you liked the book!

Angie~I must say you got me started on the Janet Evanovich books. When I first saw the name it looked and sounded familiar but found out I hadn't read anything of hers afterall. Then after the first one I loved it! Grandma, Lula and the sister are funny! Of course me being me didn't start with the first one, just kind of jumping all over but I like her. Haven't read Mixed Blessings but heard it is good. Haven't read any Nora Roberts in a while but did enjoy the ones I have read. James Patterson I love also although I was a little disappointed with Honeymoon. Wasn't much mystery to it at all, just kind of to the point. I like the ones where he keeps you guessing about who did what. Like with some of his other books-Suzannes Diary to Nicholas-that one and Sams Letters to Jennifer had me in tears, really good.

Anyone else reading anything good you want to share?
Old 02-06-2005, 03:56 PM   #38  
Closed

Hi Everyone
Has anyone read The Red Hat Club by Haywood Smith, thought I might give it a try next it sounds like a book I would like to read. but I have never read anything from this author.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:51 PM   #39  
One day at a time

Ellen~the name sounds familiar but off hand I can't think of anything by him. LEt us know if it is good.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:03 PM   #40  

I read the Red Hat Club and Loved it. I am waiting for the second installment. The ladies in the book are great and you'll feel like one of the group. Three more years and I can joined the red hats. LOL

Doreen
caldollgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #41  
Closed

Hi Doreen
Thanks I am looking forward to this series of books they sound so good< I will definitley buy the next in the series The red hats rides again, to, I think it comes out in march ,I like stories that continue, like the Emma Harte series.How old do you have to be to get in that club anyways,maybe I can join
Old 02-06-2005, 08:35 PM   #42  

Tea Rose, I do believe you have to be 50. My mother belongs and loves it they do some great things together. I think they they let women who are 40 in but they are called pink hats. If you do a web search for the red hat society you can get lots of information. Enjoy the books.

Doreen
caldollgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:31 PM   #43  
Closed

Hi Everyone
My book The Red Hat Club came today, I'm excited to read it, I just have to finish The Jewels of Tessa Kent first, I am really enjoying this book, its just I fall asleep every time I start to read lately and its kind of hard to read with your eyes closed Hmmm Red Hat club , Red paint what do you suppose is going on with me
Old 02-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #44  
GmaTo8

Ellen - I have friends who belong to the Red Hat Club (and purple clothes) and they seem to have a lot of fun. Let me know if you like the book. Doreen is right - the younger ones wear pink hats and lavendar clothes. I read the Jewels of Tessa Kent, but can't remember if it was any good. Maybe your current fascination with red is symbolic that you want to Paint the Town Red, lol.

I'm reading an older book by Maeve Binchey - Silver Wedding. As I said before, I just love her books. She lives in Dublin. Maybe I'll get to meet her.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #45  
Closed

Hi Jane
I tried to find a chapter here , but I couldn't find one,That would be fun I think.
Maybe your right , may I have been suppressing the deep desire to get out , and have some fun but I had better start with a room inside the house and see if I get into any trouble there first , before I venture into town I will difinitely check out Maeve's Bincheys books . Maybe you will meet her , and tell I said Hi, will you Surely she's heard of me,

Last edited by Tea Rose; 02-10-2005 at 11:18 AM.