Old 01-02-2005, 06:53 PM   #16  

When I was looking for at-home exercise options for the cold weather last winter, someone on the web told me about Leslie Sansone's WATP workouts. I now have a whole library of them, too! I started out with a 3-pack of 1-, 2- and 4-mile WATP workouts that are obviously older (from the hairdos and workout apparel which are kinda amusing! hehe). Then, this year, I found newer 3- and 4-mile WATPs that I enjoy MUCH more. I have the 3-mile with the weighted balls and the 3-mile with the stretchy bands. Enjoy both. The new 4-mile has no accoutrements...just walking...and it's very good!

I would also highly recommend Tamilee Webb's "I Want That Body!" workout. it's not cardio, but toning and weight training. It is a great value because it not only has 3 different workouts on it (arms, abs and butt) but it has two skill levels of each, so there is a total of SIX workouts for one price! I have been using it since this summer and have seen substantial improvements in the muscle tone of my arms, butt, and thighs as well as in the muscle tone and strength of my abs. You will need hand weights (I use 5 pounders) for the arms segment. Beware, the first time I did the buns segment, I almost couldn't walk for 2 days...people at work wondered what in the world had happened to me! LOL
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:38 PM   #17  

Haven't seen any new posts in two days, so I thought I'd bump this up to make it more easy to find. Hope you all are having a good start to your new year!
Old 01-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #18  

Hi,

SheriaVa, have you seen the recent issue of Womans Day magazine with the article by Leslie Sansone on how to start a walking program? It's really a very good article.

Aleka
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleka
SheriaVa, have you seen the recent issue of Womans Day magazine with the article by Leslie Sansone on how to start a walking program? It's really a very good article.
No I didn't see that. I'll check it out when I'm in the store next.