Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 05:42 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Your right guys, I was very VERY glad to have the wine Her husband handled the situation very elequently...if you can do such a thing. He didn't fight with her at all, before during or after...they may be brawling today, but when we were there he made the situation much more tolerable. She just flipped...she hadn't taken her meds and it was obvious. When she finally took the, and they kicked in she was fine - went to sleep. Interesting night. Makes me look mostly sane to the BF though

Susanne - I wish you lots of luck getting back into the dating scene. Have fun and enjoy yourself! It CAN be fun. Most of the time it seems scary but hopefully it's all in how you look at it I am going to the gym tomorrow if you want to go Didn't work out today. Spent it with BF and it was worth it. I'm going tomorrow though and am kicking up the workout a little more. Doing good so far

Talk to you guys soon!
Old 01-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #92  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile trackin' that fat!!

OK, gals. I made a new weight tracker and will show it now and then. I am going to weigh every Sunday, as Crime girl has directed (I'll be a day ahead of most of you though).

I am so teed at my starting weight. For the record, it's 72.8 kgs, which translates into 160 lbs plus. I wanted to make my tracker in kgs but see it only calculates in 1 kg increments, which is 2.2 lbs, so that's no fun! So, I'll do the math and post it in pounds. My scale is in kgs so it's a pain but . . . So, 60 kgs, or 132 lbs, is my initial goal. Now, I plan to have quite a bit of muscle so I am dense (in more ways than one I'm told!) but this is an initial goal only. I may go lower, once, and yes, I'm going to get there, I get there.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-01-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #93  
Never give up

Grasshopper, your tracker isn't working and I've been wanting to help you get one we can see. I looked into it why it wasn't working and found:

There are three codes given you that you can cut and paste. You've pasted in the wrong one.

You should paste in the one that says BBCode, which is the middle one. You did the HTML Code, which is the first one given. The last is the exCode. Ignore that one.

You can either get that code and edit your signature with it so it comes up whenever you ask to show your signature or you can just stick it into a post and it'll come up right there.

Last edited by redballoon; 01-01-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:29 PM   #94  

Hi all...hope everyone had a safe and happy new year!

I stayed at home with one of my roommates and a friend of ours. No drinking for me, just Diet Coke. But we did order out Italian, and I had a calzone (REALLY bad)! But I'm trying to get all of this bad eating out of my system this weekend. My roommate and I are starting over together on Monday morning, better eating plan and actually making wholehearted attempts to work out!

Sounds like everyone had a good time and is ready to make 2005 our year! Little GH, what an exciting evening! Thank goodness for that vino!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, talk to you all later.

Kelly
Old 01-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #95  
stormy1

Red balloon, sorry you were down . C'mon it is 2005, this year will be better!!! See you made a great step with your tracker WE have about the same amount to lose so we will get it done together What do you think about setting little mini goals to work on together? Like 8-10 pounds lost by Valentines day, something like that. What do you think

Little GH, that is funny, huh? Now your boyfriend won't think your that psycho after all, eh? Sounds like me, I tell my hubby look at least I am not as bad as so and so. They should appreciate us more, huh ?

CG, we all need a mental health day. I am trying to prepare myself mentally to hit the books. I find any excuse not to study. I'll clean up the house,etc
Old 01-01-2005, 08:37 PM   #96  
stormy1

KJK, this Italian food will be the death of us! I tell you I can not eat healthy when eating Italian food. There is just too much good stuff to choose from. I am glad that you had a good New Years
Old 01-01-2005, 08:54 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

hi guys. We went out to eat tonight. Could have been better but I was pretty good considering. I'm getting up early to hit the gym and get all this out of my system I did well today avoiding chocolate bars my friend left me for taking care of her kitties. I had to leave her house early so I wouldn't eat them!

Stormy - Mexican is my current down fall - there are many though I LOVE italian food! My dream vacation would be to Tuscany and someday I will go! I'll eat my way through the countryside I think I just love food in general though...doesn't really matter where it comes from

Red - thanks for the heads up on the ticker. I don't know what numbers to put in it now since I've not been weighing myself. Wednesday I'm going to have the fitness test done and I'm suppose to be measured alll over. I think I'll be a lot more sane this way. I'm sorry you were down. You're right though - you have to except it for what it is and realize it's not going to stay this way for long!! You have the power to change things and you're making great strides in that direction!! Just think where you'll be this time next month....and the next....you'll get to where you want to be and we'll be here for you the whole way!! Oh since you asked - the friend is bi polar and skips her meds WAY too often. Feels great on them and decides she doesn't need them anymore....bad cycle. We are close to her husband. He loves her a lot and it's hard to watch this mess, but we keep hoping one day she'll turn the corner.

Kjk - Monday huh - we'll hold you to that! Post her often those first few days!!! It will really help. We can make sure we're all here to get you through the initial change over! You're going to do great!!!!

Well I'd better get going - If I've missed anyone, you're probably tired of reading by now - so I'll say be strong and be skinny See you tomorrow!!
Old 01-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #98  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Me Again!

Hi everyone!

little grasshopper- I know how your friend feels then. You guys don't know this about me but I am bipolar (also known as manic depressive). I can now understand how she probably felt last night. Off meds is miserable! You have no rational thought and in my case I thought everyone was against me. It is a lonely disorder. On meds I am fine and that is the only way I have been able to finish my BA and get my masters. Most of my weight comes from a defense mechanism from being bipolar and not knowing it. I would eat when I was trying to deal with the depression and manic cycles and finally someone told me "go to the doctor- something is wrong". I was pissed at first and then I went and it changed my life and I can honestly say saved it. I have been on meds around 6 years now. I would have committed suicide by now had I not sought help. Anyway- more then you probably want to know but there it is.

Don't beat yourself up about the Mexican food. It is irresitable sometimes.
I also want to go to Tuscany sometime and I absolutely love Italian food. Have you seen "Under the Tuscan Sun"? I love that movie and it makes me want to pack up and go over there.

red balloon- I am sorry you were down. Don't put too much on your weight if you are working out and trying to reshape your body. You know you will gain more with muscle so keep that in mind. You can do it!
By the way-we never get sick of your long posts- write as much as you like and get it all out. It helps to vocalize sometimes. Congrats on going to the gym- you are starting the year off right! You should be proud of yourself.

kjk- Glad you hopped on! We are here for you when you get ready to get back into it. Only you can pick when you are going to start. You can do it! Get on and talk when you can-we miss talking to you.

stormy-I am not sure if I am going to be ready once classes start. I will tell you one thing- my house will be clean and any other chore that needs doing will be done because I can put off studying with the best of them. I think my mental health day did me some good although I have now picked up sneezing, coughing, and a fever. Story of my life.
If someone mentions the word sick around me - I get sick. I am so tired of being sick. Diet and exercise will fix that right??

Okay- I am going to go.
Hope you all have a great night and a wonderful start to an exciting new year. We should all take time to appreciate that we are healthy and free and living our lives as we please. We are so blessed and it is easy to forget that sometimes.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. You don't have to post your weight or weight loss unless you want to. Do what works for you. Tomorrow lets look at the week ahead and I think we should post what we hope to accomplish this week. Reaffirm where we are going. What do you think? I need a really short term goal to shoot for.
I will post the question for tomorrow in the morning.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:08 AM   #99  
Never give up

Smile New Year's parties continue. . . . !

Hi everyone. Glad to see some posts here now that I'm back home. I worked out today. Met another friend at the gym who was happy to see me. She said she's been down too so it helped me feel better. Is that sick, or what? I feel better because someone else feels bad?!!?!? But it did make me feel better to know someone else had had it rough. I jogged faster than yesterday and did some leg workouts. Felt good. Went to the shrine. There were too many people. Would have been a good hour in line. Took a photo of the people lined up and then went drinking! God! I must sound like a lush. But, no, I did a lot of walking and shopping before the beers. And it was with an old boyfriend and it was fun. Grabbed a taxi home. Nice chat with the driver. I always astonish them when I say I've been in Tokyo for 22 years!! Just home now, work tomorrow. Gotta get up early to do other proofreading work before going in to the office. You guys sound OK. Will catch up later. Glad to hear everyone writing and talking. It's a great feeling. You people are family.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:27 AM   #100  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Good morning everyone!

Here is the link to the new Battle of the Bulge thread for this week:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...785#post741785

See ya there!
Closed Thread