Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 09:42 PM   #46  
stormy1

Hi KJK,

I am glad that you are still reading the board. Has the weather cleared up in Ohio? I start back to school next week (in Findlay, OH). I dread going back and the cold weather makes it even harder. Your new years resolutions sound good. You will be back to your college size in no time!
Old 12-29-2004, 10:27 PM   #47  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default So Happy!!

Yea!!!
kjk- so glad you are back and posting again- we have missed you!
Your new year's resolution sounds great! I have almost the same resolution. Together we can do it! ( I am starting to sound like Richard Simmons). I mean it though- we can do this! I was so happy to see your post and welcome back. Thanks for the kind words.

little grasshopper- You kill me with the imagery you provide sometimes. I have this mental pic of you belly dancing now. You are too funny sometimes. I am thinking you may feel it looks like you are having an epileptic fit,but in reality I bet you are better than you think. Bellydancing sounds like fun- do you get higher praise for the size of your belly because if you do- I may be ready for the olympics. Anyway- sounds like fun all the same and congrats on taking on squats- they are so hard to me.

stormy- I also have to go back to school next week and I really want to know why time out of school moves faster than time in school. I swear I just got out and here I am going back. I bought books for one class today and it was $254. Egads! I better get a good job or I am going to be pretty peeved! I need to open a textbook company because those people are making a killing.
Also- my mom gets involved some with habitat but she does things like make lunch and take it to them and volunteer to pick up people and transport them to sites. My dad on the otherhand is the construction manager for his chapter. They have built quite a few houses so far and he has 3 golden hammers- not sure what that means but he is proud of it. I am happy he has found something to do that helps other people.

Okay- need to go to bed- have to get up and go to work at 6 am tomorrow. I probably won't be on until the afternoon so try to not to miss me too much. Until tomorrow-
Have a wonderful night and tomorrow morning everyone! Keep up the great work! Mind over matter!

Okay well
Old 12-29-2004, 10:28 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone..I'm still here...Actually get to stay at my own apt this week...I went to my WW meeting today like i said i would..I was so scared because i knew i feel off the wagon..But i only gained 1 pound...So that is not bad..I came home and lceaned out my fridge and my cabinets..Going to start fresh..But my mom is doing beter..She had her first treatment of chemo last weds and it kicked her butt..But luckily her treatment is only every 21 days...But she feels fine now...Hope everyone is doing well after the holidays..

The last time i felt healthy or good about my wieght when i was 21yrs old... I use to go and party every night but for some reason i lost weight and got into shape maybe also because i was swimming a mile a day too..=)

anyways talk to u guys later
Old 12-29-2004, 10:34 PM   #49  
Trying or Dying

Michimesh- I think we were posting at the same time! Welcome back and we missed you! I am so happy your mom is doing better. Also- congrats on going to the WW meeting. I am so proud of you for going and sticking with it. It is true inspiration for me! Don't worry about 1 pound- that is good especially if you haven't been following the plan all the time. No stress- need to take baby steps first before we can sprint. So glad you get to stay in your apartment and selfish me is glad you will potentially be on more.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:42 PM   #50  
stormy1

Crimegirl, it is great that your parents are staying active. it is so important. We need to keep each other on track since we will be back in school again. We need to hold each other accountable. I will not have another break until August!

Michi, welcome back. Congrats on only gaining one pound during the holidays. I am glad your mom is doing better! Good idea about cleaning out the fridge.

Thursday is my 9 year wedding anniversary so I will not be posting much. After work we are going to an Italian restaurant (carrabas) and then we are going to see The Fockers. So I guess it will be my exercise/eat free day.

I will answer the ? for Thursday:

I workout 6 days a week, alternating b/t cardio and weight training. I try to follow the Body for Life exercise program except I add extra cardio. I am not a gym rat anymore b/c I found that I am better not trying to exercise during gym hours. Between work and school it is too hard. My favorite tapes are: Pilates (not my favorite, but I still do it b/c it is beneficial), Cardio Boot Camp, Tae Bo, "I want that Body", and Chicometrics. I work out for 45-60 minutes at a time. I have an elliptical trainer at home and free weights. I also have a jump rope, medicine ball, and a swiss ball.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:47 PM   #51  
stormy1

Oh yeah-my best fit time. About three and a half years ago. I was at 130 (I am five foot seven), working out hard each day, able to look good in a bikini, blah, blah,blah.
I used to really eat smaller portions plus have my one free day. Staying slim has always been something I had to work at. I would like to look good in a bathing suit again but I now have stretch marks from gaining this weight. So I would settle for a suit with a sarong! It kills me that some people have great genes and metabolism.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:10 AM   #52  
stormy1

Hi! Is no one out of bed yet I hope everyone has a great day
Here is a bit of info for the day: Eating too much sugar with the intent on going to the gym to burn it off may cause weight gain. A study revealed that female rats who consumed sweetened milk along with their regular amount of food exercised 40% less than those who ate their normal food only (Self-1/2005). Interesting,huh?
Old 12-30-2004, 08:55 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!! I had a late day today so I decided to take advantage of it. I slept in

Stormy - Great sugar info - I have somethig to ad to it too.....eating 1/4 a teaspoon of sugar severaly lowers your immune stystem for 5 hours afterwards! If you're eating more than that or more frequently than 5 hours imagine what THAT does to the immune system! Well happy anniversary!! Enjoy your Italian - it's my favorite cheat food in the whole world!!!

KjK - so glad to see you here!!!! I like the new years plan and drinking water like it's your job is a great way to put it!! I need to adopt that moto I'm glad you're still posting and reading along. We can be a chatty crowd but it's what gets me through the hard stuff! I hope to see you more!!

Michie - I'm glad your getting to stay at your own place more. And Really glad your mom is feeling better!! That's very encouraging!! And I'm also glad you went to your meeting!!! 1 pound is great! You're going through so much and to be able to stay reasonable with a weightloss plan while doing it is amazing!! You might be my new hero

Crime Girl - I tried to sell 2 of my $80 text books at a local used book store....they were going to give me $.25 for one and $.45 for the other!!! I couldn't believe it! I ended up selling the ones I didn't need on Amazon. You're right though - text book companies make a killing!! On the bright side, you'll build little muscles carrying the little books around for ALL that money you spent Hang in there - I bet it's useless info now but when I look back at school now it seems like such a brief blip in time. It's worth it!!!
I'm really impressed and motivated by how charged up you are!!!! keep that inspiration coming!! You almost make this whole weightloss thingie fun

Redballoon - I guess you're getting ready for bed. I hope your day at work went better. It's tough being back isn't it. I had a dream last night my boss fired me because I answered an ethical question a "little too ethical" for his taste. I'm assuming it's because boy wonder - the childish, sneaky doctor is suppose to be back from vacation today. I REALLY enjoyed his vacation! He should take more

Well guys - I'm off to check out another gym today. I need a place of workout I need a place I can go to clear my head and have nothing else to do when I get there, except work out. Wish me luck. then I'm going back to the clorox place to work out again. I'm a little sore today from the back stuff yesterday - it's a good sore though. Makes me kinda proud of myself
Old 12-30-2004, 08:59 AM   #54  

Oh if you guys don't mind I want to give one piece of advice as we are working out and building great bodies. PLEASE everytime you do something that builds the front part of your body - ab work, pushups, bench presses, stuff to build your pecs...PLEASE do an equal exercise for your back muscles.

90% of the people I treat have the same problem. They are stronger on the front of their bodies than the back...that means the muscles on the front side are "bullying" the ones on the back and pulling them into action ALL the time. The back muscles and shoulder blade muscles get overpowered and are more easily injured then. So PLEASE take the time to build those back muscles too!!

I hope you don't mind - but I swear I see it ALL the time and I'm living it right now too!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 11:13 AM   #55  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

little grass! you're right, I'm getting ready for bed. I confess. NO gym tonight, out with the guys from work. Necessary socializing and I love it! Never know when the others are going to be up for it. Schedules are all different. I did want to go to the gym but I have a slight cold. Beers certainly didn't help but talking to the guys did.

Bad day bosswise. I lit in to him. Just so sick of the runaround. For the first time ever he lit back, said I could quit if I wanted to. I do want to. He ended any feeling of "wanting to help out." Unfortunately, it was such a downer I had some chocolate. But, heck, it was OK. Tomorrow's New Year's Eve and I promised the guy I'm on shift with that we're going to have some fun, go out for lunch, drink a few pints, come back, do the work if we feel like it, just celebrate, for heaven's sake! It'll be New Year's Eve and everyone is stretched to the snapping point. We joke about going postal but it's not such a joke. It was great getting together and talking over beers tonight like we can't do in the office. Americans, Aussies, Brits, solidarity is a great thing but very hard to come by. I love them all.

Anyhow, lordie! kjk, "intellectual" insights?!? From me?!?! Nah!!. Certainly not at this late hour, now after 1 a.m. Good to see you back though! Catch you all tomorrow if I can make it up. Good night!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-30-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:22 PM   #56  

I found a gym!! It is the one that is by my house and I never went to it, even though something was telling me too - because it's one of those too good to be true places. Close by, large, nice equipment (so I'm told) yoga and pillates classes for free.....that has to be expensive. The average gym cost here is over 50 a month. This one was 25 with an option to renew at the same rate. It's a one year membership and I paid 25 to join. I just stopped in and was very impressed - I was on my way to the clorox house so I had my workout clothes on. She showed me the gym, explained the contract and then said before I make up my mind, go work out if I want. So I did. She is going to do a fitness test, including measurements all over And she's going to give me a routine that won't kill me but will give my workouts core focus. That's what I need right now - build strong core strength. She'll workout with me 3 times and then measure me monthly yippie!!!! I have never been this excited about a gym before but this was perfect

Had to share with you guys!
Old 12-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #57  
stormy1

Hi.

Little Gh, you are so right about working muscles equally! I too see patients with the same problem. Stretching is also so important. The best example I can give that everyone can relate to are those weight lifters who are overdeveloped and their shoulders are forward . They walk around with their chests poking out but they do not look right. Their pecs are tight and their body is out of balance. Okay, I'll get off my soap box. Congrats on finding a gym. It sounds like a good deal. You are on your way now

Red balloon, don't party too hardy Have fun!

To everyone: you are all great!
Old 12-30-2004, 06:10 PM   #58  

Hi guys - I'm still flying high from the new gym thing - you'd have thought it would make me this excited. I'm even thinking of taking some classes when I get cleared to. I've always hated the classes at gyms.....but I'm thinking of trying some Stormy - I'll let you know if pillates in a class is more fun that the tapes...use your power house...... She's creapy calm!!

Off to make spicy sausage pasta for BF and turkey and veggies for me trying to decide if I want to cheat and drink wine tomorrow night...it would make the female side of the couple we're hanging out with a lot more tolerable??? Should I have the wine for my own well being or suffer through and be clean on new years???
Old 12-30-2004, 07:20 PM   #59  
Trying or Dying

Default Hi everyone!

How is everyone tonight?? I just got home and ate dinner (chili made with turkey) and settled down enough to catch up.

stormy- you have a deal with keeping each other on top of school- it is my last semester so I have the danger of losing steam because I see the end of the tunnel.
Congrats on your anniversary! Have a great time out!
Thanks for the tip about sugar- I have been trying to cut sugar out of my diet as much as possible and that helps to motivate me.

little grasshopper- I am glad you got to sleep in today- good for you! Congrats on finding a gym- I know it is hard to find a place that you like and that you can afford. This gym sounds wonderful!
To answer your question you should have a glass of wine and then get right back on track. You should experience life and New Years comes once a year. Have fun!
Thanks for the workout tip- I need all the help I can get!

red balloon- I am sorry that things went badly at work today. I wish you could tell your boss to shove it and quit. I am glad, however, that you got to go out and kick back some beers. It helps when you can blow off steam.

Well guys, to answer my own question- I have not been doing much to move my bootie and I think it is holding me up. Someone yell at me and make me go to the gym I am paying for! Geez- I know it will make me feel better and I know it will help me lose weight- why can't I go?? What is so hard?
I am going to try to get on board and get with the program because I have some lofty goals I would love to meet. I have been doing so well with eating and so lousy on exercise.

Okay well I am going to go and work on my book. I will be on later to talk.

Last edited by Crime girl; 12-30-2004 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:36 PM   #60  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Oh, boy, I am hurting this morning! Paying for last night's partying. Ah, but heck, if I can bear to think about it (trying to edit out all thoughts of the beer) it was fun.

I have half an hour before I have to go into work. Sure hope my stomach holds. Ugh.

You all are so prolific. I'm going to have a hard time catching up but I absolutely love you all. You're such a great help getting me through the rough times. Later!
Closed Thread