Old 12-21-2004, 08:42 PM   #1  
Member Florida Chick

Default Way Over 40 # 12

Hi everyone: I think that 6 pages is getting just a little bit too long.

Kate: How nice to hear from you. Bet you are having some snow about now. We keep track of New York State and the places where we have family and friends. Hope you will stay with us now. Haave you been doing any reading of some good stuff?

Bernice-Alice: I think it is great that you two are going to get together. Now if everyone else would take Kate's suggestion seriously, we could have a big 'pow-wow'.

My good news is that I went to the Dr. today and I don't have to go back anymore, unless I have a problem, and I am not going to haave any problems. I acutally did a little baking today, but now am tired. Made some banana bread and a new orange bread recipe. I like to give something to our mailman, so I had to get busy.

Hi Barb, Candice, Siwa. Hope you are all keeping busy, and mayeveryone have a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 01:31 PM   #2  

Ann, that's wonderful news about not having to go back to the Dr. You got an early Christmas present. Yes, that would be great everyone taking Kate's suggestion seriously. Glad that you're feeling more like yourself.

I want to wish you all a :merry: Hope you have a great day.

Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 11:59 PM   #3  
Citizen of the World

I'd love for all of us "over 40's" to meet. Ann and I almost met a few years ago. At least we talked on the phone from just a few miles apart. I'm willing to meet if others are. Just let me know when and where.
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 03:26 PM   #4  
Member Florida Chick

Just want to wish you all a :merry: Have a great day. Ann
Old 12-23-2004, 03:45 PM   #5  

Hi All,
I'm on my way out the door from work, but want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. I'll be away from a computer until Jan. 3 so won't be able to post again til then.
Have a safe, happy holiday!
I'm all for getting together!

Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:25 PM   #6  

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a hAPPY nEW yEAR.Bet most of you will be happy when the shopping and baking and gift giving is over. I'm exhausted just passing the malls and seeing all the cars doing last minute shopping. My neighbors houses are all atwinkiling and it looks so pretty here even tho there aint' no snow. People are walking around in Santa hats and people are even pleasant to each other. Oh,the feeling shoud only last.
Ann, so glad the Dr has discharged you and I wish you many years of good health. Hope Phil is feeling better too.
Picked up my girlfriend from the airport today and I'm sorry there is no sun and it's cool . Had 3 fruit trees planted yesterday and I'm mentally picking and eating the fruit even tho it might be 2o yrs before these twigs look like real trees. They looked so big in the garden center.
Again Hapy Holidays to all of you. Bernice
muffinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:34 PM   #7  
Member Florida Chick

Bernice: You will be surprised what a short time it will take for your fruit trees to have some blossoms and fruit. They do grow rather fast, and you are a lot warmer there than here. We have been quite chilly today. Cool and windy, which makes it seem colder. But we don't have snow:

Hi everyone. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. And in the New Year, with many blessings. Ann
Old 12-28-2004, 08:12 AM   #8  

Hi,

Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Yesterday morning, I had FROST on my car!!! The windshield was covered so much that DH told me that I would need a scraper to get it off. Luckily I didn't have to go out just then. By the time we did get out, the frost was gone and it was in the 50's. It did reach the 70's by afternoon though.

I want to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!! and all the best in 2005!

Alice
Old 12-28-2004, 01:02 PM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Alice: You must be in the wrong location. Here we are further north and we did not have frost. : Quite cool, but didn't get down that far.

Hi Everyone.

Hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Ann
Old 12-28-2004, 06:10 PM   #10  
Citizen of the World

Had my last party today--the Curves ladies. Since many are on WW and most others on diets of some sort or another, it was a low cal pot luck. Low cal or not the selection was great and very tasty! Now I can think about putting Christmas away. Last year I wanted it all gone on the 26th and this year I don't feel that way. I can't figure out what is different this year. --My nieces ae coming over tomorrow to spend the day. I like to have them over whenever they have school vacation. I'd love to have them spend the night but the 8 yr old is afraid to stay away from home, even with an aunt or grandma. I think they should get to the bottom of this situation but.............I'm not the parent.

Doing nothing special for New Year's Eve. Just the usual fall asleep in front of the TV. big party people, we are!

Hope 2005 brings happiness and health to all of you.
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:08 AM   #11  

I'm back........
To update you on mom....we had a good visit with her on Christmaseve and even got some pictures, hope they turn out. They had 18 inches of snow down there and the whole town shut down, noone knows how to drive in the stuff! We almost got backed into in a parking lot. Ww were at my sister's on Christmas day getting ready to eat and we got a call that something was wrong with mom and could they send her to the ER for observation..so we told them yes...well she had a major stoke, whole rightside is paralized and she also had a mild heartattack. So I was with her all day and all night on Christmas and the next day untill 11:00 PM at the hospital, she is still there..my sister and niece are alternating staying with her. We just do not want her to suffer anymore...then I had to go to my brother's to pack for our trip home. DH had to go to the ER with a sinus and ear infection for medication, and now I am sick......my throat is so sore and ear and head and temp....the doc said I could try antibiotics but I said not right now ... let me try and fight it on my own since I do not tolorate them well...they make me so sick and I am just getting over the yeast thing!. I need some sleep but with this sore throat I'm not going to get it! DS leaves today, so doing some laundry right now. Still got some unpacking to do too. I hate being sick sick......and I worry about mom. Hope I didn't get anyone down there sick.

I feel too bad to read everything...but I am thinking of you all Oh I lost a pound

Last edited by Candicej; 12-29-2004 at 03:11 AM.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:15 AM   #12  

Candice, I am so sorry about your mother and that you're very sick. Hope you'll be feeling better soon. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Siwa, have a nice visith with your nieces.

Anne, later that day we had frost it got into the 70's, so it wasn't all bad.

Alice
Old 01-01-2005, 06:11 AM   #13  

Thanks Alice...... My fever finaly broke so I am feeling a bit better. They moved my mom from the hospital back to the nursing home Friday, don't know much more yet. I hate being this far away...if I Dh and I had not gotton sick I would have stayed abit longer. Got DS off too........he is up in Minniapolis for a formal New Years wedding of one the med students.

My brothers whole family had the stomach flu and they all came to Christmas, we were all so mad!!!!!!!!!!! But so far none of us have the up chuck kind!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:47 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Candice: So sorry about your Mother. I know a bit of what you are experiencing, since my family situation with my mother was much the same. There comes that time when about all you can do is pray.

Hope by now you are feeling much better. Doesn't it just 'frost' you when someone comes to a gathering and spreads their germs around to everyone. I remember one Christmas we were all in bed with the flu. My Aunt sent us Christmas dinner, and I put it on the table, we looked at it, put it in the Fridge, and all went back to bed. I'm glad that seemed to be a one time happening.

Siwa, Kate, Bernice, Alice, Candice- Hope you are all starting off the New Year well, and that it will be a good year for us all. Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 01-02-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:02 PM   #15  
Hang In There

Hope everyone had a nice new year. Mine was kinda quiet. At least we both stayed awake and saw it end. First time in several years.

I ended up my year at exactly the same weight I started it with.
It didn't make me happy, but at least there wasn't a gain.

Have a good week.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote