Old 11-24-2004, 01:08 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Wink Chit Chat #91

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group who share all the ups and downs of our daily lives... not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

I'm back....

Ellen - so glad you and your son spent all that time together, even if it was hard work, lol. If xdh doesn't come soon for the boxes, you could call Goodwill. Bet they'd like to have whatever it is, lol. Well, yes, I'll put out a place setting for you at the table tomorrow, lol. You may wish you were going somewhere else, though, since my meal will be pared down quite a bit. Oh, if only we Jaded Ladies really could all get together!

Cristi - I missed chat, too. I'm not on the same time as most of Indiana. There's a small section of us that are an hour ahead of some. Also not sure if the others decided on a time? It's raining here, too.

Hello to all the other Jaded Ladies and anyone else reading this.

Mackenzie is taking a nap. We got a few things accomplished, but not much, lol. We'll get busy again when she wakes. I should be able to be back in the morning after I put the turkey in, and before it's time to start everything else.

Have a good day, and a Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-24-2004, 01:42 PM   #3  
Closed

Hi Jane
I'm packing a snack put on my long undies ,got my snowshoes in tow and I'm ready to walk , if you don't see me by tomorrow night , maybe, just maybe I won't make it.I will follow the fragrant smells of your wonderful dinner and see how far I get, if I don't get there in time for Thanksgiving hold the plate maybe I will make it time for Christmas.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:25 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

This one is a quick one since I've been busy all day and now I have to get ready for work. Now.....are we going to try and chat on Wed??? I thought Thurs. But not tomorrow since everyone will be having family time.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING. And I want you all know that I'm VERY thankful to have you all as my friends!

Take Care
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #5  

Red face

Good Evening Girls!!

Just wanted to come in and wish you guys a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!! I am cooking dinner here for DBF and I , then we will go to my brothers house for dessert!!! We rented Harry Potter 3 tonight, so we're gonna watch it before I buy it in the store...So far we have the first 2 dvds, cause DBF wants to collect them all for our kids someday!!! Speaking of that, nothing new in the BABY area, we're waiting for the results from the last blood test, may call the doc on friday, if hes in to see about the results!!
Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow, and I'd just like to say that its been positive motivation having you all in my life...... I look forward to coming on here everyday seeing whats new with you all, its like we have our own little private family here!!! You're all a wonderful bunch of gals and I hope to have many more memories here with the Jaded Ladies!!!!

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 11:17 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Wishing you all a very blessed Thanksgiving!!

So many things to be thankful for healthy children and a job, a car that runs and a sweet man living in a tropical paradise

and all the jaded ladies who have been soooo wonderful, some I get to call ma and some sis and some shirley.......

You know.............that saying?? call me anything just don't call me shirley??? hahahah,,,,,,,,ok, you have to be here.....

Thanksgiving kind of reminds me of Angie because it was right before Thanksgiving 5 years ago that we met on Richards Angels.... a weight board on Yahoo....
I don't remember it as a big group at that time. Remember a Michelle and Melissa.....and Angie.
Angie was the sweetest...... always would talk to me and made me feel welcome.
I was 150 and about to reach my goal of 145- making 100 pounds lost. It was an exciting time but also a painful time because my marriage was falling apart.
I never made friends during our 10 year marriage and when the computer came into the home ..........the world came into my living room. Angie came in and ........brightened my life, along with some others that have meant so much.
Just thankful for you Angie. You were my first internet friend........and you are still in my life. How lucky can a girl be..........

You all have meant so much these past few months. You have provided a place for me to come and feel welcomed and cared about.

Thanks!!

Hope you all have a safe holiday and pray that you know how special you are.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-24-2004 at 11:24 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 12:47 AM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

A very HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you All!

Boy am I pooped! It is after 11 and I am still cooking. Almost done though, about 15 mns. and I am off to bed. Just had to come by and wish you ladies a Happy Thanksgiving. Sounds like every is going to have a great one! I plan on sleeping late, at least till 8 or 9. We always have our dinner at 6 pm so while the turkey is cooking I am going to do some yard work, need to cut back those roses and possibly help V with decorations. Also, will work on the tree in the living room. I am definitely going to take a few days decorating instead of doing it all in one day like I have in the past. Anyway...

Mass was nice, kind of empty but nice. It really hits ya to hear a sermon like that and gets you thinking. I truly am thankful for my life and everyone in it. Plus Father Mike tries to be funny, tonight he did some of those "You might be a redneck if..." and I will leave you on that note.

Take care ladies and have a GREAT Thanksgiving! And for those of you traveling near or far, be careful!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 06:32 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Smile

A blessed Thanksgiving Day to you!

Ellen - I'll leave the light on for you... just call me Tom Odett.

Marti - it doesn't matter to me which day the morning chat is on, as long as we keep the Thursday night chat, too. Just let me know, ok?

Julie - have a good day with DBF!

Susan - I met Angie at a different site too, and dragged her over here w/me, lol.

Cristi - our church had a combined service with the other Lutheran Church and it was sad that out of all those members, only about 60-70 showed up. It was cold and blowing like crazy out, so that probably kept some of the older ones home.

Hi to everyone reading this...

Mary's cooking the turkey in her oven, and I've already got the ham in mine. It is an uncooked one, so had to start early with that. Neal's brother from Louisiana stopped by yesterday - the one who's wife died in March. Anyway, it was good to see him, and we're going to meet for Sunday breakfast before he flies back.

I just want to say what you guys have meant to me, too. I really look forward to coming here everyday and seeing what's going on in your lives and sharing my life with you, too. It's a sisterhood with strong bonds, and I thank you for that.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:52 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Old 11-25-2004, 06:53 AM   #10  

Just had to pop in here before I go to bed....(can't believe you're cooking already Jane!)

You all brought tears to my eyes with your thanking of friendship. You are all right about this being a family. Even though we all haven't met (but hoping to someday) I feel close to you all as though we've known each other all our lives.

So just to let you all know.....I am truly thankful for the Jaded Ladies and for 3FC for having this site to where I can meet and get to know some wonderful people!!

Thank you ALL for being here for me!!!

Love to you all and your families!!

Night.....
Old 11-25-2004, 06:54 AM   #11  

Oh geez Jane....just saw the picture!!

Love it!
Old 11-25-2004, 10:45 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Happy Thanksgiving!

A late Happy Birthday to Julie!

So much to be thankful for.....My son turned 8 yesterday and we had a lovely day together as a family. The guys had a half day at school then we went to Izzy's then OMSI ( our science museum)

Today our church shares a service with the Catholic church next door and James is singing with his choir...then I'm off to Salem for a little visit with Grandma, then home for dinner by 6. I haven't been cooking at all... ordered a bunch of stuff from New Seasons, then picked it up yesterday...

I am thankful for you all... this is the first online community that I've participated in as much as I do here and I appreciate knowing that there are supportive people out there sending me the "lose weight" vibes! You know I am sending them your way! I am thisclose to being half way to my goal and your support has helped so much.

Have a great day everyone......put down the butter and step away from the counter, lol!

I've kind of lost track of the daytime chat discussion, but I can do most Wednesday ams....what time? Leigh is starting some speech therapy, so that will cut in to some wednesdays, but not too much....

Katy
Old 11-25-2004, 01:50 PM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Susan, thank you for your post, what a wonderful thing to wake up to. Im thankful for finding you and keeping you close. Then having you join us here.

hugs,
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:52 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

I feel the need to have turkey tonight....lol
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 03:55 PM   #15  
Closed

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
I Wanted To Wish All You Wonderful Ladies And Your Families A Day Of Love Laughter Health And Happiness, Not To Mention All The Bounties Of This Special And Most Meaningful Day , I Would Also Like To Say Although My Thanksgiving Has Passed That I Am Thankful For Having You Lovely Ladies In My Life , You Have Been Such A Godsend To Me For So Many Reasons , And I Thank You All For That, I Wish You A Blessed Thanksgiving .
Jane That Picture Cracked Me Up Thanks for Keeping The Lights Burning cause Ima Comin
Jane, I will call you anything , just don't call me late for dinner
And To Everyone Else Have A Wonderful Day.

Last edited by Tea Rose; 11-25-2004 at 07:53 PM.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote