3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Chit Chat #97 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/50451-chit-chat-97-a.html)

Marti 12-15-2004 06:05 PM

Chit Chat #97

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies! :wave:

We are a friendly group who share all the ups and downs of our daily lives... not just weight loss. Come on and join us! :cofdate:

Marti 12-15-2004 06:07 PM

Thank you Ellen about my car.....and the description on the gal posing next to the car.....you are just plain silly saying things like that....but thank you. Made me blush! :o

Hope all is well w/everyone. I just popped in real quick and noticed that a new thread needed to be started. So I helped myself and got on going!

I need to take a nap since I've been up for too long w/only 4hrs of sleep. And I may stay late today at work.

Take Care and talk to you all tomorrow.

Tea Rose 12-15-2004 06:58 PM

Oh Oh I hope you were not offended Marti :eek: :lol;

Tea Rose 12-15-2004 08:23 PM

Hey girls where is everyone.I've looked everywhere ,but I can't find any one.I think Jane is practicing her wrestiling moves:sumo: for our monopoly game ( competitive huh) no wonder Katie won't play with her:lol:.Susan I think is ,actually i'm not sure where she is ,she's kida grumpy lately, she still has'nt told me if I should pack my hula skirt, I think she's ingnoring me.:lol: Marti I think she's mad at me ,cause I embarrassed her by making a cheeky comment about what a cutie she is, Cristi had a headache and she wasn't feeling so good (((HUGS))).Mindee is putting Brandon to bed aahhhh I can hear Tim singing.what a wonderful visual I mean voice :lol:. Angie's putting Monte to bed :lol::lol3::rofl: just kidding I was just seeing if you were paying attention, it was a joke ,Kathy's busy I guess ,she didn't seem to care that I took my sleigh and went home:lol:so she will have to beg me to come back now, Sue isn't feeling to happy ((HUGS)) Katy is chasing Skinheads out of town:yikes: I know enough not to mess with Katy. I smell cookies ,so Katie didn't devour all the cookie dough for breakfast.,and she's busy baking. Julie had some pesonal stuff to do today so she might not be home yet((HUGS)), so I'm sitting here talking to myself ,all alone ,all by meself.((((HUGS))))so where is everyone are you on another thread hiding from me ,Marti did you move the party:hat: and not tell me, thats ok. I will go get me a drink of water or coffee or cofberry juice. I will come back and check in, in a while if anyone cares :bb: but don't worry I think I will be fine . :dunno: :lol:

ha ha Marti did you move the party that rhymed

Jane 12-15-2004 08:45 PM

Hiya ladies,

Ellen - can I get a bra to wear with that diaper, lol? Trust me, you DON'T want my girls swingin' loose, lol.

Marti - OMG! Your car is gorgeous!! And you look really, really fine standing next to it! Don't know why you're always going on so about your weight... you look good the way you are!

To the others: there's too much to catch up on, so ... Hello!!

So sorry I wasn't at chat... was up late last night thanks to Mr. Frisky Pants and so I had a nice nap today and slept right through chat time!

See you tomorrow....

Tea Rose 12-15-2004 09:03 PM

Hi Janehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/10036878.jpg
uummm I'm afraid to ask Mr.Frisky Pants huh I think its a good idea if you tie them girls up we dont want any fatal injuries.:lol:wow Marti's car is beautiful, I sure would like one of those, well get some rest and tell Mr. Frisky Pants your getting ready for a big monopoly tournament and you need all the energy you can muster:lol: so have a great night ,ummm but not as great as last night you need your rest.:rofl:

FrouFrou 12-15-2004 09:54 PM

Oh my goodness haven't we been busy ladies just posting away. Geez, so overwhelming trying to catch up. I will do my best...

Marti~CONGRAT'S on the new car!! It is gorgeous! Nothing like having your booty warmed up eh! Have you used that yet? It is nice and looks so big next to you. I was going to say yesterday that if all the oil drained out of the car you may have to replace the ngine but was trying to think positive for ya. A car with no oil is no good! Too, I would check into the place who changed the oil and having them fix it considering they put the plug in or did they? I know you said they said the plug wasn't the right one but would be fine till the next oil change but did they take the plug out that was in and replace it with a different one? If that is the case then they should be held liable. Anyway...enjoy your new car! I had V take a pic of mine when I got it, well after about a month but didn't like the pic of me so never posted it.

Jane~you are too kind but thank you so much for the light. I will be on the look out for it! :thanks: glad you have a nice time with Mary and with your DS & their hubby's. I really miss getting together with my sisters, heck my brothers and their families too!

Ellen~CONGRAT'S on the weight loss! :bravo: About moving...we do plan on moving but not for about ten or so years. I have no intentions of moving any sooner than that if then. We just bought this house this past Feb. and are getting it the way we want it so no way are we moving soon. Hope Kobie is doing a little better. The kitty pic is sooooo cute! I would love to have a kitty but DS#1 is allergic to cats bad. So no kitty until he moves out.

Susan~you are not mean! And like someone said if they are saying you are mean I would quit frequenting those sites. And loved what Rocky wrote! What a sweetheart! :love: Hope you get to feeling better sweetie. (((((HUGS)))))

Julie~sending good vibes for all the doc visits and hoping you get some answers soon. :goodvibes: :lucky: I too have been watching Christmas movies every night for about a week now, of course the weekend was even more. Last night I watched Carroll's Christmas, I liked that one.

Katy~WTG on standing up for your rights. Don't like the skinheads-scary!

Katie~sending goodvibes for Mike to get his license. :goodvibes: :crossed: :lucky: I will PM you my address-yeah we did close the PO Box last month so if anyone sends anything there it will be returned. We didn't leave a forwarding address because all that went there was junk.

Hope I didn't miss anyone and Hi to everyone else :wave:

Well, today was Wal-Mart Wednesday, UGH! Didn't get there early enough to beat the crowds. It being so close to Christmas more people are out and about. Also, didn't get the game at Target yesterday and didn't see it at Wal-Mart but did find another called Fact or Crap. The name cracks me up-it's a question game and you have to decide if the question asked is a fact or pure crap. Still want to get the Scene It one-maybe later. Let's see what else...oh...our couch came in but not the chair. :shrug: Not sure how they ship things but wouldn't you think if someone had an order for furniture it would all be shipped together at the same time? Well, the chair is supposed to be here tomorrow, supposed to be being the key words...other than that not much going on. Trying to catch up on laundry. Headache is still hanging around but not as bad as it was when I woke up-the reason for my late start this morning. Really need to quit staying up so late and falling asleep with the tv on and that second pillow under my head.

Take care ladies and have a good night. See ya tomorrow :wave:

tommysgirl18 12-16-2004 12:20 AM

Hello everyone…..how are you all doing?

Let’s see here…..not really much new on this end. Brandon is getting better with each passing day. Last night he went to bed at about 1:30am, and woke up at 2:30am just screaming his head off. I tried giving him his pacifier, that didn’t work. I turned on his vaporizer, that helped a little but then he started blood curdling screaming again. I picked him up and walked into the hallway with him and he went back to sleep. So I don’t know if he had a bad dream or not.

Cristi~ That is just too crazy about them closing down the shops and the schools. The only time I hear about schools being closed here in MI, is for weather purposes or break ins. Everything that we read online about croup, told us that he would have had a cold or the flu before getting croup. It seems to be that he is getting the cold after having croup.

Ellen~ I can’t help but poop, I mean pop in. In fact I have to run and get Brandon in his pajamas and see if he wants any solids, other wise it is a bottle and off to bed. Thursday it is time for Christmas shopping! And I have to admit, we put Brandon in a facing forward car seat now. The only reason we put him in it is because with him being sick, we wanted to be able to see him. And plus he gets sad when he can’t see either me or Tommy, and since he is just now getting his cry back, we didn’t want him to have any setbacks. I have to admit, I am a sucker for facial hair. Tim does not look anything like he normally does. With the facial hair, it made his face look slimmer, without it, his face looked a little chubby.

Julie~ Awesome news on the appointment to talk with the PCP. If you have any more questions, or you just want to chit chat, feel free to email me.

Marti~ Thanks for the info on the blood color, I will have to remember that. Yikes! That sounded like how I felt this past weekend. It seems now, that he has what has been going around as well. Two of our nieces have runny noses and goopy eyes, and Brandon woke up Wednesday morning with a goopy eye. So when it rains, it pours! As for the pedialyte, he has been drinking some since Monday. He doesn’t really like it now, he would much rather prefer a bottle of formula. So I think it is safe to say that he is better from the croup.

Angie~ Thanks for the information about fevers. He only had them when he had the croup. The highest it got was 100.0 degrees (F). His head and his hand got really hot when he had the croup, but now they are fine.

Jane~ Brandon is doing better today. He is still kind of tired. In fact he has been sleeping since we got home, about 10:30ish. So I am going to go and get him in his pajamas and see if he is hungry. Since he was sick, I have been letting him tell me when he is hungry, as oppose to before when I was feeding him every 4 hours like clock work. But I might feed him every four hours to get him and keep him hydrated. Although he has been drinking and eating so much these past days, I don’t have any concern with him getting dehydrated.

Ellen~ Brandon is getting better with each passing day. He still has his cough, but that we can handle. (no more barking seals!) I had Christmas music playing the other day, and he would fall asleep until I put country music on! We are getting so excited to see his face. He has already tried crawling under the tree to open some presents. Yup Tommy did get his license back. (hence, another reason why I haven’t been on here.)

Katie~ I have gotten little sleep in the past couple of days, but it is all worth it when get shows signs each day of getting better! I had to laugh when you said your 18 year old told you it was late and you needed to head to bed.

Kate~ Brandon is doing better. In fact he just woke up, but I think daddy is going to take care of him for a couple minutes so I can finish posting. Not happening on that one, daddy just brought him in to me.

Marti~ Congrats on the new car! Oh my goodness!!! It is so awesome looking! I love that color!

Jane 12-16-2004 07:11 AM

GML,

Ellen - love the Mickey Mouse!!!!!! Wish I was going back soon to visit him, boo hoo.

Cristi - we have the game, Fact or Crap. Mary bought it for us last Christmas, and it's fun. Sometimes it's hard to tell which is fact and which is, indeed, crap, lol. You should get your package tomorrow or Saturday. I'm going grocery shopping at Walmart today and don't mind the crowds unless people are rude. I can't take rude people.

Julie - good luck with all the testing you guys are going through! That has to be nerve-wracking! I thought they already tested your uterus?

Mindee - glad you're keeping that little guy hydrated. Being a mama is a full-time job, isn't it? The benefits are great, though - those smiles and hugs are priceless!

Angie my dear, where are you?

Hello to Katy, Marti, Katiecat, Kathy, Susan, Sue, and everyone else reading this.

Well, as I mentioned to Cristi, I'm going shopping today and I do believe I'll invite one of the twins. It's Makenzie's turn to go.... or is it Madison's?? Oh well, Mary will know.

I'm fixing Italian chicken and potatoes today in the crock pot. Just quarter several potatoes and place them in the bottom of the pot, add 1/3 cup water, layer some chicken breasts on top of the potatoes and drizzle ff Italian dressing on top. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours. Mmmmmm Very good, and healthy, too.

Have a good Thursday,
and I'll see you later.
Buh-bye :wave:

Marti 12-16-2004 07:26 AM

Good morning ladies.....

I worked an extra hour today so I'm coming home late. Brought a picture up on the internet at work on the computer next to me to remind me why I'm working extra!! :D

Ellen--No you didn't offend me.....you can tell me I'm cute!! :lol: I was just saying you're silly because I truly don't see me that way at all. Didn't you girls see that belly bulging?? I tried to lean a bit to hide it. :D

Jane--Thank you for the compliment. All you girls have just made my day. Now...if only I can work on shrinking my forehead!! What I see is a huge target! I really need to tone up my muscles again....when they're not toned I feel huge! Anyways, I camoflauge myself well.

Cristi--The people who changed our oil....took out our old plug saying it was stripped and it needed to be exchanged...and that's why they put another one in even though it wasn't for the make of the car. So I know that they're reliable. James talked to the manager and told them that he's getting an unbiased opinion (is that what I want to say??) from another mechanic before he brings it over to them to fix the problem. And the manager said that if it was their problem (which it is) they WILL fix it. So I'm hoping.

Mindee--Hope little one is feeling better soon. It's hard being a baby and not being able to say what hurts and what he needs. Hugs sent to him from Auntie Marti!

Well, I'm getting very tired so I better get to bed.

I will come back in the morning. (my morning!) :)

Night!

Marti 12-16-2004 01:56 PM

Here is the update on our Toyota......

The shop we took the car to, to have it looked at and verify that it was the plug called us this morning and said "yes...it's the plug" they said there was a puddle right under the plug area before they checked it, then they put more oil in to see and it just leaked right out. They tried tightening it and it still leaked.

So...James called the Toyota place and guess what? They don't remember telling me that they changed the plug to my car! (it's only been two weeks) so I'm sensing that we are going to have some problems!! James called his friend who looked at it and said that it doesn't matter if they didn't document it on our receipt, they are still reliable because they were the last ones to change our oil, and that is part of the process....making sure everything is ok to go.

Frustrating that these people who have been really good to us w/all our car oil changes and anything else that we've needed done to the car are now saying that they don't remember!

I wish I had them verify it when I paid the bill when I got the change and made them write it down, but I didn't. (being the girl that I am and having trust in these people---also being mechanically challenged!)

The shop that has our car at the moment, James' friend, said to just call him if they cause any problems because he'll help us.

What is going on in this world when people can't admit THEY messed up?! (I know that they're thinking that it's a lot of money.....and they're right!) but we shouldn't have to foot the bill for their mistakes.

Anyway....had to share that.

Where is everyone this morning???

yetagain 12-16-2004 02:01 PM

Hi

Marti,

Thank you for such a warm welcome! I am looking forward to joining your family, if you all don't mind one more member! I have read some of the posts and this seems like the place where I would like to be. :)

Ann

Tea Rose 12-16-2004 02:30 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...1/10071066.jpg Happy Holidays Everyone
Can you beilieve its only nine days till Cristmas and eight till Christmas Eve, I am still in denial that it is such a short time away.It seems like I just did all my decorating ,Your cards are in the mail sorry they are so late me being Mrs Santa Claus and all,but we even have gliches at the north pole to ,:lol: Anyway I just popped in to say Hi so Hi:wave: have a few things to do right now ,but I will be back later to catch up . :D :wave:

Hi Ann:wave:
Welcome ,I just saw your post so I just wanted to say Hi and welcome you ,don't believe a word they say about me unless its good of course:lol: You may get used to me in time,:lol: be back later to find out more Bye:wave:

yetagain 12-16-2004 03:54 PM

Thank you so much! Wow...I feel like i'm "home" already. I'm anxious to learn more about you all. Not much to me..well that's not true. I have about forty extra that needs to go somewhere besides my behind. I have a puppy and a husband in the same house and a 24 y.o. son that lives in New York. Other than that, I'm pretty bland...until I get to know you all ;)

Take care,

Ann

Tea Rose 12-16-2004 04:09 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...inyouheart.jpgHi Ann just one thing, watch out for Ellen she's nuttier than a fruitcake, but don't tell anyone I told you its out little secret OK :lol: