Old 12-14-2004, 08:04 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #316 Tuesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:16 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

Morning to all. Okay, I slept 2 hours, interrupted, 2 hours, interrupted, 1 1/2 hours, interrupted, and 2 hours, up.
Andrew is getting a cold. He wasn't cranky at all, just so stuffy and couldn't breathe. He woke up with this terrible dry cough and when he coughs, he cries, so I'm assuming a sore throat. I found some medicine for all that and just gave him some, so we'll see. Then Alisa woke up and said her throat hurts. I'm glad I don't have to get out today, it's barely going to hit 50 outside.

Chris, my sinus headache came and went yesterday. I don't usually suffer from allergies or sinuses so they don't get me down much. But we had a major cold front and winds move in here yesterday so it got to me a little. I think that's what got to Andrew too. Hope you feel better today.

Sorry to do this, my mom just called so I'll get personal later.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Okay, sorry about that. I was chatting with my sister online, while trying to post, when my mom called. Was getting confused.
Anyways,
I think this BLC is awesome and I wish you all luck again today. We're obviously staying home and treating these sore throats and colds. I'll try to school later but I have to nap later.
Andrew's getting cranky. TTYL
Old 12-14-2004, 08:58 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Dd had preschool then I went to get my lay-a-way from Walmart and had to come home and hide it all. Then I had to get supper (deer steaks in tomatoes and onions, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans) then the Chiefs played on Monday Night Football. CHIEFS beat TITANS Woohoo!!!

This morning was WI day. I'm down another 4 pounds! I just might make mini goal this time.

Ricci: AWESOME on reaching goal weight! Sorry but I had to laugh about the red hair too. My mom practiced as a cosmotologist for many, many years and I was supposed to get blonde highlights in 8th grade. Well needless to say I ended up staying blonde for about 8 years and went 2 shades lighter each time I colored

Crystal: Sorry you didn't sleep any better last night. Hopefully this wacky weather will straighten out soon. Hope you have a great day!

Mel: Hope you slept better last night.

Jaymi: Keep up the excercise!

Roxy: There are only 6 of us and I drive a full size van. Wish I could afford an SUV but nooooo! Hope you stay warm again today. My dd runs around in only panties most of the time too. She finally learned that when someone shows up she has to get dressed

Jill: WTG on getting to the gym!

Jeniqua: Glad you got your new keyboard. Sounds like you are doing great and really ready for the challenge. Keep it up girl!

Angel: Wish I were taller than my 5'5". You're doing great on the not eating at night. Keep it up! You are soooo close to goal!

Geri: Hope you're having a great day at work!

Chris: Hope you're having a great pain-free day today!

Michelle: I got your card yesterday. THANK YOU!

I hope I remembered to thank each of you who have sent one. Michelle, Chris, Crystal and Mel. If not, thanks. Mine are made out and ready to mail and wouldn't you know it, I ran out yesterday and forgot to take them with me . They will be out today!

to all the other sahm's.

Also I don't think I have said to all of you in the BLC!!! Jill cracked me up the other day when she told me she was glad I wasn't in . If my camera were working I would be, so look out next challenge . I will make sure I get it fixed or get a new one by then.

A friend is wanting me to go shopping with her today. Dh went out deer hunting and I have to wait for him to get back to find out if he has anything planned. I can't really afford to go after getting my Walmart stuff yesterday but I wouldn't mind getting out of the house. We'll see.

Stocking count: 10.5 done.....way too many to go!

Hope everyone has a great OP day and nice weather. It's only going to get to 35 here later today.

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 12-14-2004 at 09:04 AM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:41 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Crystal-My sinus headache went away last night sometime but I woke up this morning and...IT'S BACK! My nose fills all swollen too.

Deana-I'm glad your not in the challenge either. (I mean that in the nicest possible way). I'm afraid you'd kick our butts. How many stockings do you have left? 20+? Crochet until you don't have any hands left... Way to go on the 4 lbs. down. You are doing soo awesome.

Well I'll wait until the other sahm's wake up and post some more. I have to get the little one's and the not so little one ready for school. We play this game every morning. They mess around until it's time to go and then we're almost late. One smooth morning is all I want.

~chris
P.S. Roxy-How do you get your gang going in the morning?
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:42 AM   #6  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning Ladies!

We had kind of a layed back Monday, if there is such a thing. For once DH didn't go to one of his projects and spent sometime resting in the chair. Real definition: fell asleep in the chair. I didn't get a chance to come back on and post like I would have liked to. Oh well, today's another day.

Crystal- Sorry to hear you had another restless night. What are you going to do when Alison comes? Will it be the three of you in Andrew's bed? or the four of you with DH? That probably won't go over well. I feel for you, you're in a tough spot. Saying a little mother's prayer for you, keep your sanity. I hope you will all feel better too, that surely makes for a miserable night. And day! Warm tea with lemon and honey.

Deana! Glad to see your long post! Congratulations on your weight loss you fat burning machine! Hey when you make goal, do you want sexy thong undies? I can't imagine wearing them, seems to me it would be like a huge snuggy! Ya know! Glad that the Chiefs won! Your deer steaks sounded yummy too! We are all big fans of venison here. Hope you catch up with your stockings, get that monkey off your back. I just imagine you sitting there crocheting during the game!

Michelle- How are you doing today? Cracking the whip with all the BLC ers? You should have the modivater title instead of moderater! Hope all is well with you!

I know as soon as I post, some one else will have slipped in. Hi to you! I'll be back in a few, girls are up and wantin' food. Fire needs a log too. TTYL
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:49 AM   #7  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Chris!
I have everything ready the night before. Lunches, school uniforms (everything that goes with them), home work has to be in the backpacks, so when they wake up the just go through the motions. DD (14) helps alot here. If I am with the baby, she moves them along. The only thing that slows us down is if someone forgets gloves or something, then we have to look. Oh yes, I almost forgot. They don't eat breakfast at home. Since it's a catholic school they have mass before school, then eat. This is probably a big time saver for me.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #8  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Chris: Sorry to hear the headache is back. Hope it goes away and you feel better later today. Thank you for the kudos! I still have atleast 14 to go, but dd wants me to make them for her class too, that's another 13. Not so sure I'll get that many done in time.

Roxy: You're right, I was crocheting during the game.....LOL. Only got half of one done though. Had to keep stopping to see all the great plays! No way on the thong undies! Can't stand anything there, if you know whay I mean. It's just not right! Thanks for the cheers! Sent you a pm!

Dh still isn't home and hasn't called to say he got a deer. Not sure if I'll go shopping or not. I'm sure she wants to get moving and she is waiting on me.

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 12-14-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #9  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! I got my joggin in in addition to my hour of Denise Austin. I woke up exhausted this morning... so I got a late start.. but magically my daughter went back to sleep after dropping my son off and sleep about 2 hours. Trying to stay healthy and exercising.. eating right. it's sooo hard. When I do that.. I hardly get any thing else done. Because I have to cook my food separately and sheesh.. when my daughter is awake.. I can't clean up because she comes right behind me and mess up. I would usually clean while she's asleep.. but instead I have to exercise during that time! But I'll get it done... I want the house spotless... so when we go to TX... we can come home to a spotless house. Well I wish I had time to comment.. but I really need to wash some more clothes and dishes... I have to go pick up my son in a couple of hours. So I'll talk to you all later!

Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:18 AM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. I'm just hanging out today. Tried to get some sleep while Andrew napped, but the guys are out banging on the house and I couldn't. I think he'll take another nap later anyways. I'm not sure if we'll get school in or not. Andrew woke up somewhat cranky. I've GOT to do laundry and vaccum and of course fix lunch and clean that up and dinner and clean that up.
Roxy, I'm gonna have to train Allison early. She'll not have a choice but sleep well. I don't usually put them in the bed with me, depending on if they're sick or what time it is. Besides, we'll be getting into our new home when she's still little bitty and Andrew will have his own room and I think he'll actually sleep better or learn to.
Okay, gotta go referee alittle nonsense. TTYl
Old 12-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

OKay, Roxy and Deana-here is my take on thong underwear. I tell you what Nicole says when her diaper is on wrong-she says "it's stuck to my butt!" I wouldn't want to walk around with a wedgie all day long.

Roxy-I think you need to come and get my kids in line for me in the morning. They are hard to get out of bed, no matter how early they go to bed at night and no matter what time you get them up in the morning. They fight, mess around, and it just drives me nuts. This is a house in chaos in the morning. My dh doesn't really "get" it because he only is around on Mon. morning when he has the day off. I deal with it 5 days a week. AARRGGHH!

Jaymi-Gee, sure sounds like you're doing really well with this. Boy when you make a turn around, you don't mess around. I'd like to be able to get more exercise in every day but my little "troop" of girls and my body say...no go!
I'll get my walking in today, not jogging. My joints just won't take that kind of impact without putting me out of commission for the next few days.

Morning Crystal-Sorry you had a restless night again. Nicole has been on this little streak where she absolutely will not sleep in her bed. So for the last month she has been in ours. We thought we were in the clear last night but around 3 this morning, she was screaming. So the last 4 hrs were spent in cramped conditions again. It's so strange with her and we have no idea what brought this all on because she has never ever been in our bed before this. Even when we first brought her home from the hospital, she has always preferred her own bed. She's been in her room since she was 7 months old. Strange.

Deana-As far as the sinus problem goes. I'm back to coughing again. I seem to be catching every cold that comes my way. Darn it! Probably from my meds. One is an immune-suppressant. Oh well, guess I'll live with the cold as long as I'm not crippled up and still moving. When are these stockings supposed to be done? If I had that many to do, I'd be having nightmares.

Well, back to the housework. Dh has quit "punishing" me... He cleaned most of the house yesterday so all I have to do today is some laundry and mop the kitchen. And pick up the cat from the vet later. Our little George, was clawed by one of the other 3 and it absessed. So the poor guy has this swollen face and can't even eat. He's our little neighborhood serial killer but he is a character.

~chris
Old 12-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #12  
soontobethin

Good morning.
Michelle and Chris, Thanks for the cards. I will be getting mine out soon. I know a lady who sends her Christmas cards out until February. Anyway, I knew my hair story would get a good laugh. I am still laughing at myself. I used a clarifying shampoo on my hair, and now its a nice normal color. Oh well, mishaps happen. Getting ready to go eat lunch with dh. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #13  
Focus on the Process

Hey it's me again!

Roxy-just saw the pics of your kids. You have a very good looking family. Celine is adorable. She's got those eyes like Nicole. Very innocent but oh so decieving.... I don't know how you do it! I have a hard time trying to figure out how my mom did it with 5.... Well actually it's 7. I have two older stepsisters, one older brother, two younger sisters, and one younger brother. Except we're all old farts. My oldest stepsister is 44. My "baby" brother is now 22.

~chris
Old 12-14-2004, 11:44 AM   #14  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi again!

Chris-thanks for the compliments on DFamily! Yes, there's alot behind those eyes! Sounds like you need to start ripping sheets off them warm bodies! I messed up and the album went on pg. 1 it was supposed to go on pg 3. Have to fix that. If you count you'll notice I short one. DS Aaron didn't make the pic, he's still at school. He'll be home this weekend!

Crystal-awww! Shucks! I was hoping that you would get some rest in. Well, days not over yet maybe later. Hope your headache goes away, that makes the day soooooo long.

Hi Jaymi- Glad you are doing so good! WTG on the excercise! Excellent!

Deana- right back at you my evil friend! ! I think men invented thongs, no woman in her right mind would have!

All of you other moms, I'll catch up with you later!

~Roxy
Old 12-14-2004, 02:03 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Roxy-I counted. I noticed that there was one missing. Okay, fess up. Do you ever get their names all mixed up and end up just yelling "hey you!" I have just the three and I know that's what I do. Or I just say #1! #2! #3! I was always better with numbers than names.

Ricci-So glad to hear the Ronald McDonald hair isn't permanent. I had one hair mishap and I'm not doing it again. My ex dh said is aunt was a great beautician. I think she only knows one haircut....SHORT! I had the same haircut as my ex sil, and various other relatives in the family at the same time. I cried...my sil cried. When I say short, I mean about 1" long all over.

Sure is a quiet day on here today. Everybody must be working on the BLC challenge. I did my exercising and now I'm procrastinating again. This darn computer is such a distraction for me. Too many things to do and look at. I guess I should be constructive and at least get some things listed on ebay to make some money.

~chris