Old 12-13-2004, 07:37 AM   #1  

Default Desperate Housewives # 315 SAHM Monday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Last edited by melmcc99; 12-13-2004 at 07:50 AM.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:40 AM   #2  

Good morning all! I am soooooo Tired. I had a horrible night sleep, but I'm sure once I wake I will feel better. I have to get moving on my exercise for today!

I am so proud of all of us for doing our exercise. We are going to win this battle.

Ok, I think it's lunges for today, but I have to check. I have to get those in plus 40min cardio and 30 minutes of weight training. My knees are sore. Maybe snow is coming. I have arthritis in my knees. Minor, but a nusance.

Have a great day OP everyone! Oh yes and BTW, I looked at the scale and was at 204.4 this am, so yesterday was a fluke.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:15 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good morning

Good morning Mel. I'm with you on the not sleeping well. I mean, if you add the hours together it was 8 hours but you have to think about the 3 interruptions and the fact that I'm so freakin uncomfortable that when I do sleep, that's not even great sleep. So hope you get some rest today.

You ladies did great yesterday. I read all my emails from the MLW site and think you all did awesome. Keep up the good work. Is this a 7 day a week challenge or is there one day that you get to sort lack a bit? Just wondering.

Well, my sinuses have hit me a bit. After having a gorgeous day yesterday in the 70's, today is going to be sunny, but WINDY AND COLD, highs in the 50's. We're staying in all day if we can. Unless my dealer calls me with a truck, but we'll see. I'm also hoping I get some of my Christmas packages in the mail today. I need them terribly. I'm usually done by now.
Well, I've got to get off and either start breakfast or plan a school lesson, not that I'm motivated to do either.
Hope you all have a great day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:40 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning'

Mel,
I am with ya also... Andrew slept so long for his nap yesterday that he didn't sleep at all last night... Hope your day is better!

Crystal,
Sorry you aren't feeling well. And on the challenge thingy... I think you can do as much as you want... the more you do the more points you get.

Well have a wonderful day everyone

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:53 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Morning Ladies!
My computer is so slow this morning I wonder what is up! We had 62 m.p.h. winds and snow yesterday, but we made it cozy in the house with a warm fire. Outside it was so slippery several people fell in the church parking lot fortunately no one was hurt. Didn't do anything but talk on the phone and become a lounge lizard yesterday. It is nice not doing anything sometimes! I was thinking of all of you girls starting your challenge today, I wish each and everyone the very best of luck and I will root equally for all of you! This is a good time of the year for a challenge, because it's so tempting to slide into holiday mode and eat a little more than we should!

Crystal-sorry you are so uncomfortable now. Yup! Wasn't there too long ago myself and I am just getting used to sleeping better again. I'm still up and down all night but I don't remember it much. I'm on auto-feed-pilot!
I forgot to tell you what I drive cause I don't like minivans too much either. We have a 15 passenger 1 ton van. No we don't own an old schoolbus! That thing is a gas hog so we only drive it Sundays tochurch or when I have to have more than seven passengers, like if I have to drive children jome from school and I also have the babies to take with. However, I really like Mercury Sable wagon. They don't look like the old station wagons anymore. Plus I don't have to crawl behind seats to put babies in, they are never out of reach. Then I have alot of room in the rear for groceries plus there is a jump seat that seat two there also. It seats seven, and it's way better on gas.

Hi Mel- you workin' out mama! Glad you got your blood work done and you are ready to go too! Sorry you had a horrible night's sleep, maybe you can get some rest in after the gym. Do good!

I better go feed the restless natives, one still needs to get dressed and says she can find anything. She'd run around naked if I'd let her! Really, that's the one that thinks underwear are optional appearal.

I better scoot for now and get this show on the road. I have whites to do for today. TTYL
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:54 AM   #6  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Penny!
You got in right before me! Hope you have a great day!
Old 12-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone? How are you chicks this morning?! Sorry there was so much lack of sleep last night! LOL I slept.. ok.. just for a few hours though. I got up early and did an hour of exercise. Is the lunges 50 on each leg or 50 all together?!? I want to make sure I'm doing everything right! So I would think I'm doing it and logging it down.. and then find out later that I'm not.. That would be cheating to me. Well I'm hungry now, so I'll check back later!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day so far!!

Jeniqua, it was great talking with you today! Sorry I had to stop my children from killing each other lol, little rascals fighting over who got to use the feather duster, and fighting over cookies, and fighting over chapstick, this does get better doesn't it? lol
Can't wait to see your pictures tonight!

Mel, I can't tell you how proud of you I am!! You are such a hard worker!!

Penny, what do you have planned for today?

Hubby came home early today so I can get a nap in!! Yayyyy!! He's the greatest!!

Roxy, sounds chilly there!! Its pretty chilly here as well, but all of our snow melted lol. How are the children? I hope you have a great day, and thanks for all the encouragement for everyone participating in the challenge

So I'm going to do some school work for this week and I'll be back probably after my nap and exercising.
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:18 AM   #9  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. Been busy with school,(mine and ds) and Christmas stuff.
Good luck to all of you on the challenge. I might join in the next one. I did get my exercise in today, and my water, and its only 10. I have my last test of the year tonight, and hopefully I won't fail this one. I think though, after last weeks, any test from now on should be easy.
Well, just so you all know, I have met my goal weight. And size too. 145, size 8. If I lose more weight, it will be just a happy bonus. I am going to keep on working out and eating right.
Friday night at school, one of the girls colored my hair red. It wasn't a pretty red, it was ronald mcdonald red. it was terrrible. I went to my SIL's salon to ask her what I could do to fix it. She didn't even say hi to me, she said, get in the chair. Its better now, and fading, so it's getting to be a nice shade of auburn. Anyway, thats all for now. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:03 PM   #10  

Crystal, I hope you get some sleep home. Boy it's like a gift when they sleep through and we do too.

Michelle, thanks so much for the nice xmas cards and kind words. Luv ya girl.

Penny, hey girlie. Nice chattin with ya this am.

Roxy, That must be a big van. How many kids do you have again?

Ricci, WOW on that red. Hopefull it continues to warm up a bit.

Jaymi, I think it's 25 on each leg. Ask Michelle to be sure.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:03 PM   #11  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Flying by to say...

GO CHALLENGERS GO

Back to work...see you soon!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:03 PM   #12  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hey Ricci! WTG on MAKING GOAL!!!! WHOOO HOOO! Good for YOU GIRL! I hope that makes up for the red hair...don't worry I didn't laugh much. My sister, also a cosmotologist, had the same thing happen to her.BOZO RED! I cried! We laugh about it now. Be sure to take pictures so that you can enlarge them and put them at this person's station for all of her customers to see!

Hi Michelle- kids are all fine, one is still running around without underwear. That's okay, she's the one who just learned potty training and it helps her to remember. Ya know, I do have a weird life.

Hi Jaymi- I forgot to ask you, are you doing the BLC challenge? I hope you are doing good today.

...dreaming...I'm a bikini model running through the surf on a tropical island with the warm sun on my shoulders and the salt water in my hair....Oh wait, that's not me...I have to fold my 1st load of whites, put my 2nd load in the dryer and put underwear on my toddler and breastfeed my baby, and get more wood from the basement, cause it's so dang cold here today...what was I thinking?
Old 12-13-2004, 12:09 PM   #13  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Cindi and Mel, stealth girls!

Mel- only ten.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #14  

Only ten, don't you want more roxy......

Oh yeh, you'll be in the bikini soon enough. I was thinking I was thin too, but as a good way to keep on track. Keep thinking that way.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:21 PM   #15  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone sorry for those of you with crappy sleep last night. I slept ok, took me awhile to get to sleep since I am used to staying up and chatting with Michelle and Kristin or doing homework! LOL I was re-train myself though. I am getting ready to get the baby up, eat breakfast and head to the gym. I am excited to get there and get my points for the day for the challenge! Sounds like a lot of the girls already got their points! Oh well I'm on the west coast.

Mel I keep forgetting to tell you thank you for the Christmas card! THat was so nice. Also I'm glad you went to the doctor and had him check you out. Good for you for getting all your exercise in already!

Crystal cool about the truck. Can't wait for you to get it. Should be nice. Do you guys lease or something?

Hey Penny saw you got your exercise in too, now maybe a nap huh?

Hey Roxy, an old school bus huh? lol My in-laws used to drive their motor home around when they had to haul all the kids! LOL However made for a nice ride since there was all the comforts of home in there.

Hey Jaymi good job on the exercise you seem really motivated!

Hello Michelle nice chatting with you as always! Thanks for all the computer help! I am so stoked to get all my stuff in the mail and to get my computer running better, now no one will be able to pry me off of it! LOL

Ricci I was lauging SO hard when I read your post, not about the red hair, but about you sil not even saying hi and just putting you in a chair right away like "hair emergency coming through" LOL I'm sure it will continue to fade, I've heard red has a hard time hanging on to hair anyway. WTG on the goal weight!!!!

Hi Cindi!!

Ok well I no longer need to get the baby up she is crying in her bed. I'll be back later!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote