Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 08:28 AM   #16  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Wildfire.....very nice...classy. I like it!

The baby is cute too....I just picked up all the links I'd not viewed...am gonna read the skinny post from Arabella now.

Ceara
Old 12-13-2004, 09:13 AM   #17  
Empress/Queen

Super brevity mode as I still need to write a major story before going to gym and then working in mountains until late in evening ... just wanted to say HI to all ...

Cerise, you look smashing in your jeans!!!! Huzzah!

Ceara, I try to do the email online as much as possible ... it's just that it's a lot slower and I still see so much of the spam with words that echo what I've typed ... here especially ... but online I can do a one-click reporting of the spam and that's satisfying ... the known spam folder also stops hundreds of things before it reaches my inbox ...

But yea, I am frustrated with not so much my computer as the ISP ... oh well, gotta go.

Hi to WSW!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 12:51 PM   #18  

What a lovely new thread. It is amazing how fast it got to page two. At any rate I have had the martian death flu since friday night. today i am back at work but feeling decidedly wonky. I made the mistake of eating some food of the nonliquid variety last night and it was not a very good idea. Now that I have mememed for a bit I am going to go back to wallowing in my disease induced misery.

molly
Old 12-13-2004, 01:29 PM   #19  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Ew, me too. Still sick and editor's having a crisis so I've still got double-loads of work this week. Am feeling zenish, though. I can do what I can do and won't stress over what gets left by the wayside. Having a dinner party for DH's 56th on Thursday and will get ready for that over the next few days, in between times. Responding to you all in silently! Pls. imagine me saying extremely witty and/or wise as suits the case in question. Oh -- lost 1 more pound at WI, which means that next week when I lose again I can actually change my sig (which wasn't adjusted for the 3 pounds gained in the fall --- why are they so much easier to put on than take off, I ask?)

Love to all, mentioned or un-, lurking or present.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:06 PM   #20  
Hot Stuff

Who is that chic chick in the FAB pants?? Of course it's Cerise...the coolest Viscountess in in the royal glen! Excellent find on the pants, my dear! I like to shop in the little stores, too. Try to help out people trying to squeeze a living out of their own business with places like Wal-Mart down the road...but we won't go to WallyWorld in this post. You and Ramon have me thinking about smuggling a smallish tree into my apartment. So when I get taken away I'm going to tell them, "It's Ramon's doing! He HAD to have a real tree and influenced me to do wrong!!"

Kaylets, can you tell us more about these opportunities that have presented themselves? It all sounds rather intriguing.

ceara, I'm sure the house looks much better to me than it actually is because it's MINE. I've been waiting many years for own my house. You have a tree up too? I'm starting to think I'm the only scrooge in the palace....

SeeCat, I hope you get over that Martian Death Flu quickly. I hear it's nasty this millenium.

Arabella, congrats on the loss! Every bit counts!

Eydie, the pancakes sound yummy!

Amarantha, it's really a shame that you have such problems with this site. Not fair!

wsw, hope you're doing okay!

Where is anagram? Did we lose her in the move?
Old 12-14-2004, 12:45 AM   #21  
Spreadin' the luv.

Cool The Viscountess needs a rest...

Hello, dah-links.

I've got the lights on (especially the colorful, twinkly kind on the tree) the KETTLE IS ON and Her Majesty Barbra belting holiday songs on the cd player. Ramon and I just watched an intriguing movie about two married/best friend couples - one breaks up rather horribly and they go their separate ways, leaving the other couple wondering what the **** will happen to the foursome. It's called "Dinner With Friends" with Toni Collette, Dennis Quaid, Greg Kinnear and Andie MacDowell. Great cast. We liked it a lot, though the parts where the husbands are complaining about infurating things their wives do to make them feel about an inch tall landed a little too close to home - made me squirm a bit, especially when Ramon would grunt in sympathy. Oh, dear. Now the viscount is in the shower, his cocoa water heating up, and his wife is wondering how one goes about loving your spouse better.

Tonight's kind of nice because I've decided to take a mental health day tomorrow. Sort of a post-weekend, pick-up-the-house, get your brain in order kind of day. Fortunately at the company I work for people take their time off and sick time very seriously, and no one raises a ruckus if you call in sick, even if it's not a convenient time. Nothing's happening tomorrow, so I'm out of there. And I'll have a chance to watch a matinee of Blade III - a guilty pleasure of mine, gory vampire movies.

Wildfire, Ramon would be delighted to find that he had influenced someone beyond the bounds of propriety or practicality. Damn the torpedoes, GET THAT TREE!!! So, when you're all settled in you'll invite us to the housewarming party, right?

Arabella, imagine you being witty and/or funny isn't a hard thing to do, trust me. So, the hubby's going to have a birthday, huh? And you're zen-ish, doing what you can do and no more. Wish I could take a page out of your book, luv. I guess meditation would be a place to start...

My dear SeeCat, at least you get on this thread, however briefly, when you're in the throes of the Martian Death Flu, poor thing. When I'm sick you don't see me for dust around here. Get well, dear old thing, and for God's sake try to get at least a raw egg or two to stay down. Oops, just kidding. OK, that wasn't funny. Eh, hope I didn't set her off again.

Hi, Amarantha! Om Shanti. Yes, I do look nice, don't I? Except that the pants are just a wee bit small, so the men's waist keeps hiking up. Ramon came home, admired them, then flatly told me that he might have seen camel toes for moment there. So the pants are a five-pound reward away. Sorry for the overshare. SOs keeping it real...

Ceara, I hear you on the ribbons thing. I'm the bow-maker at work, since it got out that I used to work in the floral department of a crafts store. I'm OK at them, but only because I actually like to fuss and pluck and poke and munch at them until they look lovely. Most people, just as capable as me, have much better things to do, I think.

Kaylets, there you have it! Synchronicity, serendipity, plain old good friendship and well-loved rabbits! It all falls into place. Of course you're the kind of people whom the cosmos would reward richly, because you and Dear Heart are lovely, lovely people who give heartfelt gifts out of love to unsuspecting friends. I could tell by talking to you and him. Yes, your mysterious opportunities do sound most intriguing. You haven't been invited to join the Moonies, have you?

QOD: Let's see, Robin McKinley, my favorite author (a kind but acidic and very gruff, down-to-earth sort of antiheroine woman), and Lisa Gerrard, a composer and singer that I'd give anything to emulate even a little, in voice and in creative ability. She composed and performed the soundtrack to "Whale Rider". I think we'd be an interesting threesome, though sadly I've picked companions where I'd be the least smart and least creative of the bunch. Still, stimulating.

Eydie, my dear, how was your Monday? And how are you two, wsw and Punkin?

Love to all,

Last edited by Cerise; 12-14-2004 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:39 AM   #22  

OK, you lost me...
I have no idea what camel toes refer to... Generation gap type of thing? I betcha...but then maybe not....

And hee-hee... didn't mean to sound so mysterious... employment opportunities.... enticing possibilities....

Cold weather came screaming in w/ strong winds.... I really can envision doing the layered thing all winter.... Not sure if the weight loss, age, hormones or what .... Its amazing to me how much I feel the cold this year....
In fact, right now, I have 2 tshirts w/ sweats on ....

Anyway....

Hoping that our quiet Royals are ok and know they are in our thoughts. I am sending positive energies to all directions. Your spots near the fire are waiting for you, the butler just did the white glove test for dust and all is ready !

and just for fun, I have finally begun a new experiment .... and luckily all my energy thinking about it seems to be remembered....I am experimenting w/ growing my own bean sprouts...
Its satisfying a couple basic needs of mine... another "thing" I don't have to buy....and the instant gratification is very exciting....

Oh, and btw, becuase of the live phone call this weekend, I found out DH had no idea what the posting shorthand was about... I explnd the most common defnition for DH but that I always think in my mind "Dear Heart".... and his repsonse was ... "Oh, how do folks know you don't mean "Di** He**" ?? Which of course, never occured to me until he said it.... and I guess sometimes that's what I will now think....!!!

Today's thought of the day:

"It's not the distance, but the direction you travel that makes the difference."

Question of the day:

"What is the longest you've ever gone w/o bathing and why?"

Must be off!
KETTLE IS ON!

Oh, and ps, scale showed exactly last week's loss as a gain this week....

HEEE HEE HEE........universe is having fun w/ me....

SeeCat-- FEEL BETTER!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 06:43 AM   #23  
deleted2

Amarantha, we'd love to see your artwork! Any chance of that? What's happening with your journal in the other kingdom? I checked for it yesterday.

Cerise, very kewl indeed! I want to see the cargo pants too. Everytime I see cargo pants in the store, I always pat them but never buy them---something about them just doesn't look right on my frame. A shame, because I love all those pockets and zippers!

SeeCat and Arabella, feel better soon. Drink lots of water!

I'm taking the day off too. My best friend's coming over and we're going to spend the day together. It'll be our last window of oppotunity before her kids and stepkids get out of school for Christmas--so the filth will fly today!

Old 12-14-2004, 03:55 PM   #24  

Still sick, still working anyway. I am so tired of crackers and gingerale. At least starting tomorow things will slow down.

cerise - the pants look awsome in the pic. I suppose it is better to know that you might have some ct action than to not know. too bad there is no such thing as reverse suspenders than kept pants from creeping up.

arabella - I hope you are feeling a bit better.

kaylets - i grow my own sprouts sometimes and really like it. they end up so much fresher.

Wildfire - I laughed pretty hard at the wallmart thing becuase i was just on another site and there was a popup that just said WALLMART on a blue background and nothing else. it was just so vaguely creepy.

QOD: rather longer than I care to admit. I have done some traveling and camping type stuff that made bathing impossible, or at least very difficult, for longish periods of time.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:48 AM   #25  

Hello all!

Still windy and cold.... In fact, by 7:30 pm last night, all thoughts were only how fast could I get under the covers and close my eyes... Dh too, so we called it a night and both played catchup this morning....

Well, here it is the 15th-- time for really bearing down and multitasking the gift/mailing list.....

Still cannot find a big box of gifts.... this year I was doing unisex for many and do have an alternate but the question still is.... WHERE IS THE BOX!!!

SeeCat-- which beans/seeds have you spouted?? I have a little brochure that mentions a few I knew about but also lentils... Never occurred to me but now I think, why not??

Ok, I've run out of time....

Take care all...

Thought of the day :

"You can easily judge the character of a man
by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
--- Malcom Forbes

Question of the day :

"What is a good question for today?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 12-15-2004, 07:23 AM   #26  

Default The Dowager toddles back into the court -

dazed and confused from too much time in the land of Christmas. Am having an absolute ball this year and loving it all. Partly I think because #1 I don't have walking pneumonia as last year #2 dh isn't just out of the hospital as the year before and #3 I'm not getting ready to go to Florida for two months. Again so many posts - I must have been gone for a good while and I usually can't tolerate not being in the palace.

Cerise, dolly, so much good advice from our royal personages. Glad you're sorting it all out. LOVE your darling tree and your ornament. And your pants!

Eydie, how was that wonderful day off and time w/friend? Lunched w/friend of 42 years yesterday (first since March) and enjoyed as usual. Lunch w/friends again today, Friday to DDs to celebrate her b.d., two parties Sunday, etc. BTW, Eydie, you'll probably appreciate that tomorrow is DDs 42ND b.d. Close enough.

Ummm - I don't know what camel toes refers to either, Kaylets. But that's probably small consolation if it's a generational thing. Yes, this change in weather has been disconcering. I thought it was going to stay so nice all the way through until April.

Wood Nymph, See Cat - hope you're working your way to recovery. NOT a time to be under the weather. Hope the dinner party goes well, Arabella. And hope the Martian Death Flu is one my flu shot will protect against.

On the health scene, had strung together a few good days and liked yeterday's wt though it was not lowest ever. So of course, I blew it yesterday. Am aiming only not to gain until we enter the new land of 2005.

Feels good to be back in the Land of the Royals again. All warm and cozy and I hear my brekkie tea being made in the Royal kitchen by the Consort so off I trot into the merry land of Yule. (Sorry, Empress, I just love the holiday season! And let us know bro's reaction when he receives your great gift.)
Old 12-15-2004, 07:47 AM   #27  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning, Darlings! Just popping in to say I think I may be on the road to recovery. Seem to be able to breathe a bit better this morning. Will gradually do all the birthday party preparations over today and tomorrow. I think my best bet is to work a little/prepare a little throughout. Sometimes I actually get quite a lot done that way. Had a slight mishap with a couple of health-food rice crispy squares yesterday. They seemed much too sweet to me, but I persevered Must keep wits, such as they are, about me. Love to all, and apologies for no personal responses.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #28  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Hmmmm. Are camel toes the same as plumbers' crack? Just tryin' to visualize camels' feet....and certainly no harm intended to the Vicountesses' personage or image. You are beautiful. It just occurred to me that Ramon would see the side of the royal person that we didn't.

On the home front......am still popping a lot of supplements.....when I remember. Trying to make this a daily routine. Some days it is a dismal failure! Have negotiations starting tomorrow....contract...CUPE vs the Management. I have a head ache.

Many seasonal obligations...but fewer than there used to be...I'm less social I guess. Curmugeon...that's me.

Glad you are on the road to recovery Arabella.....nothing worse than being sick and not doing the stuff you want to.
You too Seecat....
Empress A, yesterday looked like a good one for you!
wsw!
Jeez Kaylets...a whole box!?! I hope you find them before Christmas...my husband got one of last years' present (that I'd hidden so carefully and forgotten) this October...I told him if I waited 'til this Christmas I might forget again!
Anagram...glad you've toddled out from under the mistletoe and checked in. It sounds like this is a good season this year for you. I think we need to nurture old friendships...when I look back and take stock...I don't have a great number of life-time friendships...always flux and change.

OH! Just got Di** He**. HUH. At least I think I got it...ck and ad....right? I always think Dear Husband...or Son or Daughter...Di**He** would be the CEO I'm negoitiating with tomorrow. Mr. suck and blow at the same time.

I've gotta go and make biscuits for the carol sing tomorrow night...we are having chili...after we sing...it would make things a mite difficult if we ate it before...might add more harmony..missed glottal episodes.

Twinkly lights sound good...I think that will be on my agenda for tonight after I finish work. Sit with a cup of tea and gaze at the tree.

Gotta run! Kudos to the sugar-free Eydie. What a woman!

Avanti!

Ceara
Old 12-15-2004, 10:28 AM   #29  
Empress/Queen

Yo, total brevity mode ... I want to go to gym and then shopping as am taking two days off ... consumed with art these days and finishing a portrait of ... somebody ... I don't know ... it's a man with a red tie ... he's supposed to be singing ... Eydie, I haven't been taking pics of my paintings ... may start and then will post some ... never like messing with photos on home computer as I do it for a living ... also I have to pay bills today ... something's wrong when paying bills counts as recreation one does on days off ...

The journal in the land far far away has been vacated by the Chief Diet Faerie in favor of the food watch thread here ... thanks, E and others who are continuing to post there ... I think it's a good idea to keep it going ... when we get enough pages we can do Foodwatch #2 just like a real 3FC club!!!! So let's keep going ....

Weight was up a bit in my weigh-in, but that's ok ... it's not as high as it was Dec 5 ... I'll do another weigh-in Sunday ... in meantime am sticking with the foodwatch thread ... it's a big help ... I am not trying to limit my consumption of anything right now ... just focusing on posting it ... not sure why that helps, but it does ... a lot!

Later ...
Old 12-15-2004, 03:19 PM   #30  

Just a quick postie. I am feeling much improved. I now get ready to face holdiay temptations with my apetite intact, but somehow it seems like it will not be too bad. I just keep telling myself that I am too punkrock for (insert candy name here), and so far it is working. Plus work is so #*^$$%@# busy that I do not have time to snack. Speaking of which...back to it I guess.
Closed Thread