Old 12-13-2004, 12:07 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Marti~that is so cute but kind of sad. Can't believ Cocoa stood there for a hour and didn't make a sound, poor doggy. I locked Ernie on the backporch in our other house I don't know how many times. Our laundry room was back there. it was like a mud room with an extra room where the washer, dryer, a sink and a shower were. Ernie would follow me to the laundry room and then go sit by the back door but he was so quiet I didn't know he had followed me out there. Till much later when I would here his whimpering and go check the side door thinking I let him out to go potty and forgot to let him in (did that a few times also). No telling how long he would be out there either because it was the back of the house and can't hear anything in the front. Just figured he was upstairs on his bed sleeping. Poor puppy dog. Of course then I would have to baby him. Anyway, they are so cute thou aren't they? What would we do without our pets? Hope you can get some pics of your doggies.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:25 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Let's see....I must not have good lighting in my house because these still turned out darker than I wanted and I'm using a flash. Maybe the time of day is the problem?? Anyway here are some more photos. The photo of the misfit toys are James contribution to decorating....sitting on our entertainment center.

The last one is of Jhanai doing her part of the narration of the program. Notice that no one is wearing pretty little dresses??? The theme was about school.....not christmas even though they had the songs in tune of Christmas songs. I think I need to take a photography class!! I need to learn to take better pictures!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:32 PM   #33  

Since I'm sharing photos...I had to share this one.
James was trying to take a nap on this small loveseat, Cocoa came up and got underneath the blanket and Chewy decided to include himself and plopped on top of Cocoa! I thought it was cute.
Of coarse James is laying on top of their bed (the red pillow sticking out from under) so it's their territory!

Old 12-13-2004, 09:17 PM   #34  
Closed

Hi Marti
Yay more pictures,thanks I love your nutcrackers I have quite a few as well ,thats one thing I would like to add more of to my collection of christmas decorations.I also love rocking horses but the one I loved most broke and I was never able to find another like it.I love your decorations they are very beautiful, thankyou for sharing some more.I also love your puppies they are so cute ,they cuddle up like my kitties, I used to have a golden retreiver name Aria she was prescious but she had to be put down 6 years ago after suffering numerous health problems ,it was very hard.Thank you for sharing your sweet puppies with us , they are a special part of our families aren't they.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #35  
One day at a time

Marti~GREAT pics! Love the tree, your santas and all your nutcrackers are nice too! You and Ellen got me to looking at nutcrackers and I almost bought one except the one I found they didn't have. I didn't realize I don't have one nutcracker, not one. Especially love the pic of James and the doggies! How adorable is that? Thanks for sharing your photos of your house and family. I love to see everyones pics, I think it brings us even closer to one another. Anyone else want to share?
Old 12-14-2004, 06:34 AM   #36  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Marti - LOVE your photos, especially the misfit toys! Where in the world did James find those? I'd love to have a set of them. Jhanai - hold on just a doggone minute!!!! When did she get so GROWN UP looking???? That's her at the microphone, right? What a cutie, and not a little girl anymore! The photo of James and the dogs is precious! A nice hunk 'o man there, Marti!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:09 PM   #37  

Thanks everyone!! Such nice things to say. Although...my house is way too simple. Not really deck out like I would want.

Ellen--I love rocking horses too. Used to have a couple ornaments...not sure whatever happened to those.

Cristi--The little nutcrackers I have (at the end) I bought at the dollar store. So I bought four, one of each color to add to my collection. I also have a musical one that's not up there and my tree has about nine of them hanging in there.

Jane--
You noticed that Jhanai is growing up too!! Can you believe it? But yes, that's her w/the microphone. The misfits ornaments (yep ornaments) we bought at Costco. Or was it Target?? It was one of the two. We bought them a few years ago, so I don't really remember.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:34 PM   #38  
Closed

Happy Holidays Everyone
Has our Christmas sight fizzled out , no others want to share pictures,I know we would sure love to see them. Hows everyone feeling now that Christmas is so close,are you enjoying the season,or are you more stressed than anything. Is anyone going to try the pumpkin cheesecake recipe for Christmas? I sure hope so ,and I hope you like it as much as we do. I think it would feel more like Christmas if some snow would fall ,the little bits I have been getting isn't enough to stay on the ground for long.I wish some others would share their traditions ,special treats , stocking stuffers, anything at all,would be nice. I am hoping to post the outside pictures didn't do as much this year ,just didn't feel like climbing on the roof ,and I didn't do the top of the porch which I usually put garlands white lights and gold bows on, I ran out of steam I think.Anyways it is what it is ,so if I get the pictures done in time I will post them, but I sure wish some of you other girls would share some pictures with us,since we already know what ours look like
Old 12-16-2004, 09:01 AM   #39  
RosieKate

I am really enjoying everyone's pictures and descriptions. I got my film back yesterday, but the mantle picture didn't turn out Still haven't put up a tree, but DH and I plan to do it Saturday...then the boxes come down and we get to business!

I ordered a standing rib roast for Christmas dinner, and got some wonderful organic lemons in my latest produce delivery, so I will make some lemon shortbread to freeze and have for dessert. I found a great prime rib recipe that involves makeing a paste out of herbs and roasted garlic. You smear the paste on the roast then cover it with pancetta...I'm salivating just writing this down!

Marti - Jhanai is looking so grown-up! James is having a choir prgram on Friday - his class has already been caroling at the nursing home. That on top of singing twice at church - he's about sung out. His school does sing Christmas Carols, and Hanukkah songs, kwanzaa, you name it. They call it Winter Solstice, but observe many traditions, which I like because that's the way people are outside of school - observing many traditions. Sorry J's school feels they have to remove all mention of Christmas....it's going overboard if you ask me. Your house is so pretty....

Crisit - I am so touched that you keep a stocking for Nathan each year. We have a special plaque that DH's late brother made that we make sure to display every year. He is always in our hearts, but during the holidays,he feels real nearby...I don't know how to describe it, but maybe it's a little bit of what you feel for Nathan....

Ellen - your house looks and sounds like a piece of heaven..which is what everyone's house should be! I mean we spend so much time in our homes, we should really take the time to make them our haven and refuge, don't you think? Our house is small, about the same size as yours, but it is so warm and cozy. It has a good layout for young kids.

I attended an Advent class last night after Vespers and just we focused on taking time to breathe and be quiet and reflect on the season,,,it was so moving and I felt so centered and calm. Was able to let go of the stress over not having the time to get a tree

Hope everyone is feeling calm.....
Old 12-16-2004, 04:37 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Katy~aaaaaahhhh...I was looking forward to seeing your mantel. I took several of everything when I took pics in case that happened. Have sometimes taken several and had not one turn out too. Yeah, I think it is about the same feeling also with Nathan. Your roast and lemon shortbread sound delicious.

Ellen~still waiting on those outdoor pics. And yes you do have a cozy, beautiful home.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:46 PM   #41  
Closed

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE
AAHHHHH NO PICTURES kATY AAHHHH I'M SAD I THINK I'M GONNA ,YES I AM SORRY YOUR PICTURES DIDN'T TURN OUT, WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THEM,THANKYOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS ABOUT THE HOMESTEAD ,I AGREE OUR HOMES SHOULD BE OUR HAVEN AND REFUGE ITS WHERE ARE HEARTS ARE .I AM QUITE CONTENT IN MY LITTLE HOME HERE, ITS ALL I NEED ,A PLACE THATS WARM AND COZY WHERE MY CHILDREN MY KITTIES AND I HAVE FOUND A PEACE AND HAPPIENESS WE HAVE LONGED TO HAVE AND WHERE WE CAN NOW BUILD MEMORIES. I KNOW WITHOUT SEEING YOUR HOME ITS WARM AND COZY JUST BY YOUR DESCRIPTION ,AND MOST IMPORTANTLY FROM YOU.THE LEMON SHORTBREAD AND THE ROAST ARE MAKING MY MOUTH WATER, ITS NICE TO HEAR WHAT EVERYONE DOES ON CHRISTMAS ,YOU ALWAYS ASSUME EVERYONE DOES THE SAME THING TURKEY BUT THERE ARE SO MANY WONDERFUL OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM,I DO ROAST AT EASTER WHEN I ASSUME EVERYONES DOING HAM.NOW I'M GETTING SO HUNGRY,BUT I'M NOT EATING TILL CHRISTMASI THINK ITS IMPORTANT TO TAKE TIME ,TO BE QUIET AND REFLECT ON THE SEASON ,IT GETS SO CHAOTIC, AND THE MEANING SOMETIMES GETS LOST IN IT ALL.I HOPE THAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAS A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND OF COURSE YOU KNOW YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THE END OF ME YET ON THIS SUBJECT.

HI THERE CRISTI.
FUNNY THING, BORROWED THE CAMERA ,TURNED ON THE LIGHTS ,CAME IN TO GET THE CAMERA ,AND COULD'NT FIND IT,I THINK MY SON TOOK IT TO TAKE PICTURES OF HIS SHOW TONIGHT, SO I WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORN AND I MEAN WEE , OR I HAVE TO WAIT TILL TOMORROW,SO DON'T BE SAD , BUT I THINK YOU MAY BE DISSAPPOINTED SINCE THE OUTSIDE ISN'T DONE UP LIKE THE INSIDE, AND I DIDN'T DO EVERYTHING I USUALLY DO,WASN'T IN THE MOOD TO CLIMB LADDERS THIS YEAR IT MIGHT BE AN AGE THING BUT I WILL SHARE ANYWAYS ,JUST BECAUSE I LIKE YOU AND YOUR NICE TO ME AAHH DO I GO ON TO MUCH,JUST THINK IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS THIS WHOLE THING WILL BE OVER THEN WHAT WILL WE TALK ABOUT VALENTINES DAY,BUT i HAVE NO SWEETHEART ,WELL MY KIDS AND KITTIES ARE ,WELL I'LL FIGURE SOMETHING OUT TO SAY.SO HAVE I BORED YOU TO TEARS YET, WHEN YOU GET YOUR ROOM ALL PAINTED AND HAVE ALL YOUR NEW FUNRNITURE IN I WANT PICTURES !!!!!!PLEASE.OK I WILL GO AND ANNOY SOMEONE ELSE FOR A WHILE ,SINCE I'M SO GOOD AT IT.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:58 PM   #42  
One day at a time

Ellen~you are silly And you don't annoy me at all. I will post pics but it may be after Christmas. Still doing a bit of rearranging and trying to get things where we want them. Can't wait to paint-again! I actually like painting and do some but DH takes over so I let him. He is definitely a Mr. fix-it, do-it-yourselfer (Is that even a word? It's late and sounds weird to me). Anyway...toodles for now.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:57 AM   #43  
Closed

CRISTI DO YOU MEAN SILLY IN A LOVINGLY WAY: LOL:
Old 12-17-2004, 11:24 AM   #44  
One day at a time

Of course I do Ellen! And love that kitty pic, that is so very cute! I want one...

The count down begins ladies. Only 9 days till Christmas... can't believe it is almost here-too soon for me. Like Ellen said, it seems like it was yesterday that all the decorations went up and here it is almost time to take them down.

So what is Santa bringing everyone? Anyone know what they are getting? I know a couple of things.

:merry:
Old 12-18-2004, 10:53 AM   #45  
Closed

:merry: HAPPIEST OF HOLIDAYS EVERYONE
8 days till Christmas , is everyone ready now, Katy do you have your tree up yet , you better :sball2: :sball: :snf: Cristi I do know a few things ,but are we telling or keeping them a secret till Christmas ,I'll tell if you will. Wow I can't believe in a matter of a week Christmas will be over and in another the holiday season will be done,then theres the task of dismantling everything and putting it all away for another year not looking forward to that , I go through a short period of shock and then its good to have everything back to normal because its easier to clean. hey its not even Christmas and I'm talking about it being over . Is everyone getting excited to have Christmas Dinner funny thats all you can think about when your trying to lose weight , but I have to have Christmas Dinner and all the trimmings ending with pumpkin cheesecake.Sorry Jane I just have to do it.Well I will try and post those pictures tomorrow or Monday Cristi ,just retrieved the camera again so if I can manage to hold onto it I will take the pics tonight,:merry: