Old 12-08-2004, 08:00 AM   #31  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

hey everyone. I got an email from Verizon saying that my puter has a virus and if I dont get it fixed immediately than I will be suspended from their service. I must have had it ever since my Norton stopped working way back when because they told me to go to a sight for a free scan which I did and it found 8. I deleted them and got my Norton running again and guess what I did another scan and 5 of them were back again. I have no idea how to get rid of them so if I get cut off I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas now.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:01 AM   #32  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

ps: I will be pissed if I get cut off before Saturday because I bought my sister an MP3 player for Christmas and was planning on loading her music on Saturday.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone.... I just wanted to pop in before my day started. I am going to have a busy one, I run payroll tomorrow, so everything has to be keyed today.

Angie.. I hope you get your computer straightened out.. I don't want you cut off either! :-) No advice, but I am sure there is some spybot software out there that can help.

Cal, it's good to hear from you! I understand about the working and needing overtime.. I can't get it where I am working either.. and I can't get a second job because of the girls. I just heard from my ex last night that because he has taken off so much work for his cancer treatments, his job fired him. It really sucks because I was so counting on him going back to work this month. It would really help to get a little assistance with the girls, but once again... sigh... never mind... With your hubby going back to work, I know things will get better for you! Enjoy Santa this weekend!

Well, I better get busy.... I'll talk to you guys later! (((hugs)))

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:15 PM   #34  

Good Morning Everyone!

Cal its great to hear from you, and I am glad that your husband has found a new job! I hope everything works out. I know money is darn tight for so many this year. I have been thinking about going to work but with the cost of daycare, I might wait until they are both in school full time. That would be a year and a half. I hope Ashley enjoys santa! I gotta bring my kids yet.

Angie oh no, I hope you don't get your service cut off. We want to talk to you as much as we can before you leave! Computers are a pain sometimes. Merry Christmas to you too.

Kempy how are you doing? I saw on the national news your state may get some rain today. Hope you stay dry and the thunderstorms stay away. I wish I could have a Hawaiian Christmas! Lets trade, lol. Pm me your email and I will send you a pic if you like. I am so bad at this computer. I tried putting one on that I had downloaded and dh even tried to help yesterday but I can not get the damn thing to work!

Cherie, hugs to you too. That totally sucks the your ex got fired from his job. Gosh, I wish this world was more sensitive to peoples lives. Hang in there. I know its easy for me to say. But I do care and if you need to talk or vent, do it hon. I wish I could help you in some sort of way.

Noelle are you busy as a bee this week? Did your ds see santa yet? We tried taking our family picture sitting by the fireplace last night but gave up after one of them kept looking away from the camera. And my dd started getting the wiggles. Ugh, and darn it, it just had to be a good hair day for me and I had make-up on ! We will try again this weekend and hopefully get cards sent out this year!

Genie, I hope to get all my shopping done this weekend. I agree, I am going to be buying gift certicates for my godchildren. Congrats on the weight loss!

Hi everyone, can't wait until Friday! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:21 PM   #35  

I wanted to ask you girls has anyone had lasik surgery, I am blind as a bat without my contacts or glasses and I would love to get it done now that the price of it is coming down here. I am just sick of spending money on contact solutions, contacts and glasses. But I am kind of scared because it involves your eyes and we only have one set! Well thought I would just ask. Thanks
Julie
Old 12-08-2004, 01:50 PM   #36  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, Happy hump day! I am still crafting away making those sneaky family ornaments. Not much else exciting happening around here. Oh wait, I call the police on my neighbors yesterday morning. There's a bunch of little kids that live in the downstairs unit next door. One of the boys is around 3 or 4 years old. Every single day really early in the morning and late into the night he's always getting yelled at so he's crying hysterically and screaming his head off. Yesterday morning was the usual, but this time I could hear the dad(?) yelling at him too. It was so loud it woke me up before 6 am. Then I brought Michael to school around 7:15 a.m., returned to the house at 8 a.m.–kid's still screaming, guy's still yelling. So I called the cops. I don't know what came of it, but last night was really quiet and so was this morning.

Hi Cal! Sorry to hear you're feeling down. Glad to hear Alberto found work Michael asked me what I liked most about Christmas yesterday. I said I liked to watch him and all the other kids have great big happy smiles on their faces. It brings me back to when I was little and excited about the season, experiencing it all again through their eyes.

Angie hope you get that virus thing sorted out. We will be lost without you. What's the countdown to vacation? Wow, you are a cool sister getting a mp3 player for your sis. BTW, i had my first cup of Starbucks on you–thanks!

Julie, my sister had lasik during the summer. Prior to that, she'd worn glasses or contacts since she was around 10 years old–she's now 35. One day after surgery she was fine to go back to work and drive–without glasses. I'm jealous because my eyesight isn't bad enough for the docs to approve Lasik for me so I'm stuck w/contacts for now. I'd say if you've researched it and found a qualified doctor, go for it! Rick took Michael to see Santa a weekend ago–didn't even dress him up nice or anything. Just shorts and a t-shirt That's dad's for you! Anyway, the pic was cute and the smile was nice so I'm happy.

Hey Gen, that is great progress. Yes this site can be overwhelming with all the changes, especially if you've been away for a while. Glad to know you have your plan and are sticking to it.

Cherie, that is sad that your ex got fired. Couldn't he have gotten TDI or something while he was being treated? You work hard for you and your girls, you deserve a break. Wishing good things to come your way.

Hello to Kempy, Summer and everyone else. Gotta get working on this pile of paperwork on my desk so I can finish those funny ornaments. Have a great day.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #37  

Hey guys. I just got home from shopping. I needed to get us a suitcase for vacation and I found a really good deal at TJ Maxx. I need to go work on my dresser in a minute but I wanted to say hi.

Julie I think the rain is on it's way. I really don't want it to rain anymore. I am surprised that myhouse isn't sinking right now. I was in the back yard yesterday and I left big holes where I walked. Not good for the yard at all. Joe and I need to work on the drainage issue ASAP.

Gen I wish I could just eat LC's but I have to cook for Joe. I don't think he would want to eat those every night too. Darn! That would be so easy.

Angie you can download a free spyware checker. It is called Spybot. I am not certain of the site but just google it and you should be able to find it. I wonder why your norton didn't get rid of your viruses.

Cal it is nice to see you post. I think you and I are the only ones that are done with shopping. I finished a few weeks ago too. I feel much better when I do that. I can relax and watch all of the other poeple freaking out.

Noelle do you think it is a domestic problem next door? I hate to hear that people live like that.

I am going to head out to work on the dreaser b4 it gets too humid to do it. I will check back in a little bit.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:26 PM   #38  

Noelle I am glad you called. Hopefully the little boy is okay. I can't believe the dad screams at him like that everyday and every night. Poor kid. I read such scary things that are happening to little kids like parents not feeding their kids and it makes me want to cry. Most nights we prepare a huge dinner and we beg our kids to eat ,lol. I am glad your Michael got to see santa. Its the smiles that count, atleast he is not afraid of him! Haha

Kempy I hear ya on the water thing. Its a mess isn't it? We have a big
hill in our back yard and in the spring its like a little pond on the patio!

Well I should go girls I will check back later.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:31 PM   #39  

Noelle, one more thing, I hate to bug ya because I know you are busy, but my sil had it done but she had to wear glasses for four months straight, no contacts before the surgery? Did you sister have to do that? I do not want to wear my glasses for that long! Thanks!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:20 PM   #40  
so close, yet so far...

Julie, I asked my sis about the need to stop wearing the contacts...she said she had to wear her glasses only for 2 mos. prior to the surgery. She previously wore gas permeable (hard) contact lenses. I had a co-worker who wore hard lenses for a long-period of time. He said the hard lenses actually create a "ridge" of like scar tissue on the surface of your eye I dunno about that though, I wear disposable soft lenses and not even every day--I don't have to clean them, just throw them out when the day is done. (yeah, I'm that lazy

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 12-08-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:39 PM   #41  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey everyone, I think I got rid of the virus. I hope!!! I have been running scans all day and I think it is fixed. I have gotten 2 scans that say there were no viruses(sp)

Kempy, I would love to see the bureau. I remember an old one we had when we first got married after I got pregnant with Brittany. I redid it with white paint and blue and pink accents. It came out so cute. It is stored at My in laws now.

Julie, We got snow last night and now everything is white. It goes with the tree Jay brought home for the kids so now it feels like Christmas. No lasik for me because I am a wimp.

Cherie, I am so sorry your ex got fired. That is sad that they would just fire someone who is so sick.

Cal, I bet you are excited for vacation and a little break from so many kids. For your hubby getting a job. He must be happy.

Noelle, You are more than welcome for your gift. I am glad it arrived safe and sound. I was a little worried it would get there all busted up. I hope you and your family enjoy it.

Have any of you gotten your gift from me yet besides Noelle? That is weird if it made it to Hawaii first,huh?

I have to go to Bangor tomorrow to get some jelly for the bakery to get through the rest of the week and tomorrow night I have to bake a cheesecake for the Christmas Party on Saturday. Busy Busy.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:12 PM   #42  

Kempy you are so sweet, I love ya. We are having chili tonight and we are going to have some of your seasoning on it. You went way to overboard. I cried when I got the package. I just feel so blessed and thankful for you. All of you! Thanks honey! My dd loved the gator ornament! I have it up and everytime I walked by I think of our friendship! The tile is beautiful too. I hope to get yours out soon! You girls are the best friends I have ever had. I really hope we can all meet someday!

Angie nothing yet? I am so glad you got rid of that nasty virus.

Noelle thanks for answering me, I wear the soft ones, so who knows. Thanks again.

Well kids are really wanting dinner. I will check back after dinner.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:00 AM   #43  
so close, yet so far...

Sheesh! Rick and I went to an auto stereo place this evening since he agreed to spring for some sounds for my b-day. We listened to some demos of different speakers, amps, woofers, etc... and I told the guy what kind of sound I preferred. He drew up an estimate for a new system using the existing stereo and it still came up to around $1400! I couldn't believe the cost. Shoot, I'd rather use that to put a down payment on a new car than waste all that money on a sound system! I had no idea it could cost that much! The salesman was so smooth too--he used the analogy of the brand of amp being the "Ferragamo" of amps Yeah, I think I'd rather spend that money on a bag than a sound system

Hey Angie, wave hello to Stephen King for me will ya?

Talk w/y'all tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:47 AM   #44  

Good Morning everyone! :-) I have payroll to run today.. so I will check back later this afternoon!

Noelle.. THANKS!!! :-) My daugthers and I had fun looking through the calendar.

I will be back later with personal messages.. I just need to get my payroll out the door this morning!

:-)

Cherie
Old 12-09-2004, 01:27 PM   #45  

ok.. Payroll is done. Now for something fun. I am about to have my lunch, a Lean Cuisine Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce and my diet coke. YUM. (or so I keep telling myself).

This morning, I broke through my weight plateau block. FINALLY. That gives me some motivation. :-)

Tonight, I am going to Alan's... and if I could get off early, he wanted to go rollerblading, but I can't.. so I won't get in any exercise. I am making good choices for my food today, so I can have something good tonight.

Wow.. Noelle, that is a lot of money for a new system... I'm with you... I could use that for other stuff!

Angie, I hope you got your computer WELL again. After your episode, last night I spent it downloading the spybot search and destroy and my norton updates. So I think my home computer is OK. Be careful driving out on that snow today!! Hope you get all your errands ran.

Julie... CHILI.... YUM. I am going to make a big pot over the weekend. My girls love it. Good luck with your decision about the eye surgery... I have been lucky.. no eye problems for me. I have some computer glasses that I use during the day, but otherwise... I am good.

Kempy good job on the suitcase... where are you going again?

OK ladies.. back to work here.. talk to you soon!

Cherie