View Poll Results: If You Had Only ONE Hour To Waste, Which Would You Rather Do?
Visit A Friend 3 30.00%
Work Out/ Jog-Run 1 10.00%
Read A Book 1 10.00%
Watch TV 1 10.00%
Shop 0 0%
Clean The House 0 0%
Bake 1 10.00%
Sleep 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 07:30 PM   #31  
Losing it!

Shelley, glee is a mauve shade of mineral, used for a youthful appearance. I use glee alone or mixed with warmth. I'm a cheapskate, since it works, I do this instead of ordering a blush shade compact.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:31 PM   #32  

Debbie I am sorry to hear of your loss. It must be hard for James. Hugs to both of you.

Sherry I was going to suggest candles. Gayle has a great idea. Gayle could you send me the info on how to do it? Never heard of it before. If your parents have a humorous side to them they could have gold fish in bowls on each table. We did that and placed a few crystal stones on the bottom placed on a gold placemat. Did you notice that I sent your card from Vegas? See I do thing of you often, even when I travel.

Shelley improving your time is something to be proud of. No matter what there is always going to be someone better or faster than you for some reason. You did great, completed the run is an honor.

Gayle good luck painted the cards. Your tree sounds pretty, maybe after christmas you can get some things to decorate for next year for a great sale price.

Sorry that I can not post to everyone. I am on Jay's pc. Dez's pc crashed in the middle of exams so we sent her mine. I am also getting ready for tomorrow. Lots of loose ends to tie up. Thank you for all the prayers. I need to be at the hospital at 5:30. The surgery is at 7:30. Larry will post and let you all know how I am doing. He is also going to print out everything for me. I am hoping for homecare but will not know until after my surgery. If I don't get it I will be staying at my mom and dad's.
Gayle keep everyone in line. Make sure everyone behaves. Maybe I got this wrong you all should be watching Gayle!

Love you all.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:32 PM   #33  

I see your egg glowing Gayle and Shelley!
Old 12-05-2004, 07:53 PM   #34  
Losing it!

Gosh, I hope my egg isn't glowing Dee, I think that's when I can get PG!!! LOL!
I will try to keep this group in line, of course I'm the one to do it, I'm the best behaved of the group!! I continue to say prayers your direction, tell Larry he is just like one of the family and to make sure he lets us know how things go. I LOVE YOU DEARLY DEAR FRIEND! {{{{HUGS sent across the miles}}}

The tree is up! Started at 10:00 this morning and finished at 4:00 this afternoon! Steve helped me, we had problems with the lights etc. but it is now done! Now, to relax with a glass (or two) of wine!!!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:55 AM   #35  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning Girls

Dee...Thinking of you this morning. I know this surgery will put you on the road to a full recovery. Hugs!!

Gayle....I know you are glad the tree is up. What a job...right?? My daugher helped me this year or it still wouldn't be up...LOL. You do so much to help others, you will be surely blessed.

Shelly....WTG on your run!!! Makes me tired just reading your posts sometimes...LOL.

Ramona...Thinking of you today!!

Sherry....The party for your parents sounds great. Please let me know what I can do to help. I miss you so much, let's get together soon.

Carol...How are you doing this morning? Do you have all your Christmas shopping done and gifts wrapped under the tree? Not me....but working on it!!

Doni.....How are you doing today? Are you back OP?

Well...got a busy day planned. Hope everyone is well and happy!!

Hugs...debbie
Old 12-06-2004, 06:05 PM   #36  
Carol

Dee: I have been thinking and praying for you all day. I hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery. {{{HUGS}}}

Debbie: Shopping done.... I wish.... Tree is not even up yet. I am waiting for Kevin to bring it down from upstair. The stairs bother my ankes too much these days. You sound more like your ole self and that makes me smile. Hugs and love coming your way.

Shelley: Do you get sore after a run like that? Just curious. You did great!!!

Gayle: Oh to be as talented as you. You just paint away girl. Sounds like your tree looks great. You are one busy lady. I don't know how you get it all done. Your just multi talented!!

Ramona: Sorry your knee is still bothering you. I am sure it will get better in time.

Cheryl: Now that your married, don't forget about us..

Sherry: You are starting to sound like your happy cheery self again. No more pity parties for either of us. okay!! What a wonderful celebration you are planning for your parents. It sounds great and I love the ideas that Shelley and Gayle have given you. No matter what, they will love it!! Parents are like that.

Doni: Wow... what a scary night you had with that fire. I can't even imagine watching that happening right before your eyes. Gives you whole new attitude about life sometimes when you witness something so devastating.

The next 2 days I am taking my parents to dr. appointments. Neither one of them are doing very well and I am really worried about them.

My daughter had a scare a week ago. She started preterm labor. She is only 24 weeks along. It took 3 days to get the pains to stop! They are still running tests to see what is going on. She doesn't know when she will be able to go back to work, if at all. She has been taking it really easy and keeping off her feet as much as she can. I when with her when she got an ultrasound done on Sunday and was so glad I did. We could see the baby's face really well and believe it or not.... she stuck her tongue out at us.... What a laugh we got.

My daugher-in-law (pregnant too) has been on bedrest for the last 3 weeks because she has a thin cervix. If she goes into labor there would be nothing to stop the baby from coming right now. She is at 34 weeks now, so if something happened now, the baby would have a greater survival rate than if she had it 3 weeks ago.

And last but not least, my son wrecked his car on Friday night. He almost hit a deer and hit the ditch instead. He is okay, but his car..... busted radiator, 2 flat tires, windshield cracked and front is pushed in some... Still waiting on the insurance adjuster to see how bad it really is.

Never a dull moment around this house.. oh now.. not us...

Well, gotta run.

Hugs and love to everyone!
Old 12-07-2004, 06:03 AM   #37  

Dee-My dear friend. I thought of you all day yesterday. Larry, please let us know how the surgery went.

Carol-Wow! You have been through quite a bit of torment this holiday. Things can only get better. Sending well prayers your way. BTW, no I don't get sore after a 10K. It's 10 miles and more that start leaving me sore sometimes. I have a 13 miler coming up Jan. 2 that I need to start training for.

Ladies-I went back and read some of your posts. I am guilty of not reading them close enough. If I missed anything, please know that it's because I seem to hurry through everything. Debbie, I am so sorry for your loss. Ramona, I am hoping that you get better and better with each passing day.

Love to each and everyone of you!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:38 AM   #38  

Dang, Carol! You've really been through it lately! Take care of those babies! Tell the son, next time hit the deer--it'd do less damage.

Shelley--I know what you mean about reading all the posts--sometimes, especially when I'm gone for 2-3 days, I just have to skim to try to keep up.

Thank you all for the congrats! Stewart is supposed to come see me this week-end, if nothing comes up on his end. We've been married for one week today and we've spent all of one day together--I think this has the makings of a really good relationship!

I had a great session with my trainer last night--my arms woke me up at around 3:00 HURTING like mad. I didn't have any ibuprophen--had to make due with Tylenol. Needless to say, I didn't go to my 5:30 class this morning! Bad me!

Hope you all are doing well, thinking of Dee and her surgery. Larry, do fill us in, please!

Ramona, hope the boys are OK.

Debbie, Sherry, Jennelle (hope you're still lurking!), Gayle (hey, Sweets!) and Vicky, hope you are all doing good!

Cheryl
Old 12-07-2004, 06:30 PM   #39  
Losing it!

happy Hanukkah Shelley & Family!
Old 12-07-2004, 08:16 PM   #40  

Thank you, Gayle! The principal and AP gave me some beautiful Hanukkah candles and plates. The clinic aide gave me some Hanukkah socks. It was so nice of all of them. I'll complain about the talk I had with them on another day when I don't have such mixed feelings about my bosses and coworkers.

I still don't know if I like this Bare Escentuals. I went and bought the bisque and blush today. The girl that was there seemed to know the exact colors I needed. She said that I bought the right color with my set. I tried a lighter one and said thought that it didn't look as good as the darker color. I think I just need to get the hang of it. I don't like the warmth, but today it was a bit better. I tried it under my cheek bones and then put blush above it. Tomorrow I'll try their blush. I didn't buy the other brushes, they were too expensive.

Last edited by ShelleyM; 12-07-2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #41  
Losing it!

I use just a tiny bit of warmth mixed in my glee or just as a all over face brightener. It's way too dark for me to use otherwise. I still just have my one brush too...I can't afford the others! I just wash my brush about every two weeks with shampoo. I thought I wasted my money with the BE, until around week 3, it will take awhile for you to get the hang of it. Once you do, you will never go back to the regular cream or liquid foundations.
Did you get all of the shopping done for the girls?
Old 12-08-2004, 09:22 AM   #42  
Losing it!

Next time I volunteer to hand paint and letter 40 Hospice Christmas cards, prep and paint 25 Kindergarten party ornaments and prepare 25 Birthday party goodie bags....shoot me... :-)
Old 12-08-2004, 04:51 PM   #43  

Gayle-Are you done already? I'm tired just hearing about it. I'm sure they are all beautiful!

Dee-My prayers are being sent your way.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:44 PM   #44  

STOP!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #18..............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!
Closed Thread