Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:10 AM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default Jingling Cow Bells in the Winter Wonderland

Wabby, if I ever have s*x again, which is unlikely at this point, I'm going to use my duct tape to cover the cracks around the doors as well as close the shades. Thanks for the advice. How can I lure a man with this drippy face though?

Don't forget, y'all, to visit DS's page once in a while. There is some importance attached to traffic on a page. He has recently updated it a tad. Homework seems in get in his way.DS's page

I have to wake up in an hour. Must return to bed. Must not go to kitchen. Craving chocolate. I could tell this when DS asked me my favorite pie and I said chocolate in 1/1,000,000th of a second. Then I asked my favorite salad and I didn't have one since there is no chocolate salad.

Bagz, did you get your card yet?
Old 12-02-2004, 09:03 AM   #2  
fatter than U

Cool s*x, or lack of such

Umm...at what age exactly do we have to start turning the lights off? This getting old stuff is more complicated that I thought it would be. But you know what? I saw this picture in a magazine of a couple in their 80's at a nudist colony ("Sugar, what ARE you reading?", you might ask) and yes, they were completely wrinkly and saggy, but just so in love and so darn cute at the same time. Which has nothing to do with anything, really.

Wabby, the 3-mile Super Fat Burner is the tape I use and it's pretty exhausting, isn't it? I've done it twice this week and have actually lost half a pound, I think. I guess it gets your metabolism going and helps burn off a few more calories that normal.

Oh yeah, doc says my blood pressure is totally normal - 122/75- if you take an average of all the readings over 24 hours so I'm going to live a good long while.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:27 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

good news on the BP there Sugarplum!!!! I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT---HOW DO YOU DO A "TAPE"---DO YOU WALK OUTSIDE LISTENING TO LESLIE OR DO YOU DO THE TREADMILL!!SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS!!!---I JUST HAD a smell in my head of a maple syrup cake that i made for dd's bday last time-----it makes me want to make it----it was sooooooooooooooo delish---and earlier i almost made fudge---it is soooooooooooooo awesome---if i made some and mailed it,how long before it was stale???? it's sooooooooooooo good---NO i didn't get your card yet peachpie----------------I AM MAILING MY CARDS THIS WEEKEND!!! GET READY BAGS!!!!!!----------by the way,my CANADIAN IDOL has broken all records with his single release---best selling single for a canadian EVER!!!! swoooooooooooon
Old 12-02-2004, 05:58 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

WHAT??? There's no chocolate salad? That's a crime!

Glad your blood pressure is normal, Sug. I really should have mine checked again. It sure didn't sound normal to me. Is it just me or are doctors schizophrenic? Some of them seem to be alarmist about everything and others seem to think nothing is ever wrong even if you walk in on fire.

Not to worry, Bagz, there is no such thing as stale fudge. Fresh fudge is good, fudge that has been sitting around for a year is good, dried up and flaky fudge is good, even melted into a puddle fudge is good.

Oh, and congratulations on your boyfriend's CD.

Why are those threads at the bottom of the page "Similar" to ours? I don't have time to check it out. Someone else do it.

I am baking potatoes for dinner. They are the biggest potatoes I've ever seen. I was shopping at a discount grocery store the other day and they had these things. They are like industrial sized potatoes. I couldn't resist trying them. I hope they weren't grown in radioactive soil or something. Or genetically crossed with whales. I wonder how long they'll take to bake.

Kiwi
Old 12-03-2004, 02:06 AM   #5  

I am never ever going to a nudist camp. Especially with naked strange men. Strange naked men? Whatever. I'm just crossing that off my list and adding it to the "don't even think about it any more" list.

My cards will NOT be out anytime soon. I haven't drawn/thought or done anything about them yet. Let alone cleared my desk to address them. I made a to-do list (in excel no less) and there are 41 items on it. DD has sent it back to me with notes on my prioritizing. (Of course I'm writing all of you rather than even doing something ON the list. No wonder it's got so many items.

Went to a cookie exchange tonight after making cookies as fast as possible this afternoon. WHY DO I PUT MYSELF IN HARM'S WAY?

The nice thing about having the nest empty is that you don't have to worry about anybody noticing whether you are attempting/succeeding/playing at s*x.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:55 AM   #6  
fatter than U

Default FYI on how to exercise like Wabby and Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT---HOW DO YOU DO A "TAPE"---DO YOU WALK OUTSIDE LISTENING TO LESLIE OR DO YOU DO THE TREADMILL!!SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS
OK, to put you out of your misery, you poor dear, I will explain this: You put the video tape in the machine, put on your walkin' shoes, stand in front of the tv and walk in place, just like Leslie and her perky friends. She tells you what to do - no treadmill, no outside stuff. Sometimes you get to do a side step or lift your knees. And you use your "Walk Away Weights" for upper body toning at the same time. I just use my 3 lb. dumbells. When the tape is over, you've walked 2 miles or 3 miles or whatever. And it's not that bad, except for Leslie yakin' the whole time. TRY IT!

Can't imagine what having an empty nest will be like. But by that time I'll probably be on my second husband and too old for s*x. Or something.

Just finishing up the Advent wreath I'm making. Fake green stuff - don't tell, ok? Should have been finished last Sunday which was the first Advent, but what the hey. Did I mention that dh has ripped apart the downstairs powder room and that there is dust EVERYWHERE? Like even in my ears and other assorted bodily crevices. New tile, new ceiling, new toilet (than the lord for that!). It's been the same since 1969. Time for a change. He's not doing the tiling himself, thank goodness, because he's cranky enough as it is just doing the other stuff. What a grump. Who wants to trade?
Old 12-03-2004, 07:46 AM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwheat, I clicked on the Poetry Corner one and it's just like ours except it's different people and all they do is post great poetry by famous poets. They have different icons too and come from different places. They don't punctuate creatively. But, like us, they're really nice.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

I need drugs.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:22 PM   #9  

Re: drippy faces - According to some magazine I was reading, men are actually attracted to women who are interesting, not especially the prettiest face in the crowd. Supposedly they like women who have their own lives. I won't tell DH, as I have no life of my own. Re: the appropriate age to turn off the lights - I don't have an appropriate age, however an appropriate weight comes into play. If in doubt, turn 'em out. hee.

You see, Bagzie, Sugar and I weren't holding anything interesting back. Leslie videos are very boring, but not as boring as a treadmill and they take up less space. The first obstacle to get over is feeling silly marching in place. I did 2 miles of my 4 mile super challenge dvd this morning. I didn't have time for the other 2 miles.

Painty, I always thought a cookie exchange would be fun, but since I'm always in a panic just doing the regular holiday stuff, I'm afraid it would be just one more thing to panic over. I took yesterday off and went shopping until my feet actually had blisters on my toes and they started cramping up. ouch. Barely made a dent in it. Then when DH & I were debating who's turn it was to turn off the lights last night, he said I should because I got the day off!!!!! argh!!! I just put up the fake office Christmas tree and decorated it. It looks pretty in spite of it's fakeyness.

I went to visit my newest Great Nephew yesterday. He's 3 days old, and beautiful. His parents are only 17 and 18 (my nephew). I worry about the little babes future. How can kids that age raise kids?

Sugar, congrats on the healthy BP. I'm hoping that if I keep exercising and lose some more weight I can quit taking BP meds. I'm good about taking them because there's a tv show about a medical examiner and she tries to figure out how ppl die by autopsying them - kind of like a true life CSI. Anyhoo, you'd be surprised by how many ppl die from complications of high BP. It causes a bunch of nasty symptoms.

Tomorrow is our company holiday party - lotsa fun, lotsa food. No Christmas cards out yet. Must go do payroll. Ppl want paychecks.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:41 PM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

1. I disapprove of Kiwi's drug comment. She is setting a bad example.
2. I have no life. I just got my hair colored and it looks great! But the hair-woman said, "We've got to perk you up. Don't you do anything for fun?" She's from Oregon and added, "I imported my boyfriend from Oregon. I heard about these guys before I came."
3. I want a life.
4. Is chocolate a drug?
Old 12-03-2004, 05:13 PM   #11  
fatter than U

Smile

Everyone in or from Oregon is perky. She brought her own man with her to Dogpatch?? How clever. Please describe new hair in great detail. Streaks? Lighter? Darker? Cost factor? Upkeep? Wolf whistles in the street? Extra attention from the butcher at the Winn Dixie? I think men are intimidated by women who are tooooooo beautiful and perfect. They like to look at them but they're afraid to approach them.

Feeling overwhelmed again by all the crapola around here. I want a magic fairy to whisk me away to somewhere else. Please?

Xmas p-cards have been bought. May even write them tomorrow and mail on Monday. They should get there by Easter.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:26 PM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

SUGAR=---COME HOME---CANADA MISSES YOU---------- as you describe your Leslie tapes i am enjoying picturing you marching like a good littel volksmarcher in front of your telly. and of course,cute little wabby dancing and prancing in front of hers!! here is my news---mil's friend who is 81 and lives alone,and drives a NEW caddy and has an suv in her garage that she uses for bad weather----she just bought herself a new plasma tv system----twenty one thousand dollars---------- Also,i have a two day Job---i get two hundred dollars for decorating the LIQUOR STORE!!!-a friend of mine who is a designer handed the job over to me as she is too busy-----so far,i am having fun,but i must say i am tempted to try all the new liquers!!!! and they have already made shooters in a plastic shooter glass with a partition to seperate the two diff boozes---------------gotta go to bed---HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 11:23 PM   #13  

Shooters?!
So shoot me.

Met with nutritionist this a.m. and got major dose of HUMBUG. Bah. Feh. I'm restricted now. Turkey. Chicken. Fish. Fruits. Vegs. decaf tea. water water water. NO bread unless 100% whole wheat, brown rice. It should be enough, don't you think? Well, I have this big bucket of awesome cookies from last night's cookie exchange. And those mint hersehey thingies. I am having a huge pity party. No Christmas parties. Just chores. (We did buy some lighted garland for the stairway bannisters at Garden Ridge today. Jeez those "other" shopper were determined with their shopping carts. Vroom vroom. crash bang.

Weepy all the way. This did not smell like christmas spirit. Took a long nap. Still cranky cranky. Dare any of you to cheer me up. Bah!

I tried for almost 30 minutes to get this colorful and festive. It isn't working. Bah. Feh. Maybe later. Is everybody in the world on 3fc? Or my ISP. Bah Feh.
I need to extend my @#$%'ing "glad list"....

Last edited by PainterWoman; 12-03-2004 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:08 AM   #14  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Poor Painty. I suggest you start your diet tomorrow.
Dec 3 is a tres memorable day for me.....it is the day my hs boyfriend and I made it certain that my kids would never have the house to themselves for any extended period of time.
I consider today to be the official start of the holiday season. I am decorating. Our tree is 11 feet tall. With star it will touch the 12 foot ceiling. The branches are drooping right now, I will decorate it tomorrow. I have my snowman on my computer and my stairs are almost finished. I just can't find the wire I need to hang the garland.
I have NOTHING to do this weekend. DS12 has been home all week with what started as a cold and have now become an extended asthma attack.
Did you notice that they now put "similar threads" below our messages?
Sugar, isn't it boring to march in front of the tv? Do you picture in picture it so that you can at least watch something entertaining?
I'll see you tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:19 AM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
1. I disapprove of Kiwi's drug comment. She is setting a bad example.
4. Is chocolate a drug?
You're quite right, I am a bad example. But I wasn't necessarily requesting illegal drugs. Chocolate could be a possibility. But I think maybe I'll start taking St. John's Wort again. Christmas doesn't agree with my constitution. You know how alcohol is a depressant? I had one beer with my pizza this evening (DD has a friend over and we were watching The Stepford Wives and eating pizza), and I definitely feel much "downer" than I did before. Blah. It comes from not having any stimulating conversation. Well, that's not quite fair, because after the movie DH went upstairs to play the guitar and I sat around with the 2 girls gabbing. That was mildly interesting. Nevertheless I feel sedated.

I did manage to get a walk in this morning. Unfortunately it wasn't any more than a mile, maybe a little less, because I had to turn around and go home and spend half an hour in the bathroom. Apparently my body was seriously shocked at the activity.

Right now the girls are singing along with Christmas songs on the TV. I just realized it's after midnight. Oy.

Jeez, Painty, good luck with that diet. That's why I never went to the nutritionist when I was told to. I hate 100% whole wheat anything. Oh, sorry, you wanted cheering up, not more crankiness. My bad. No doubt it's all in the frame of mind, because I can't even begin to want to eat right at the moment. Anyone tries to take away my Doritos I just might clock 'em. But when I feel a little better, it doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Lean poultry and fish, veggies, water water water and whole grains. I know it's doable, at least it should be. I think if you give yourself one day a week to cheat your a** off and stick to it every other day, maybe it would be a little more doable.

Here's some nuggets of wisdom? and a recipe Does that url come in okay? Pay no attention to all the ads--I just liked the Duh Files and the recipe.

I guess I'm going to drag myself out of this chair and go roust those kids.

Kiwi
Closed Thread