Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 12:07 AM   #121  
Member w/ messiest house

I am in NC. I am tired. I should be in bed, but I am saying hi to you instead. The sushi place is GONE! I don't know where you have to go now to get a neckrub, Peachie!

Kiwi, slightly punchy and taaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhrd
Old 12-24-2004, 11:21 PM   #122  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Merry, Merry Darlings!!!!!! I am exhausted. I made the fish dinner tonight...it was fun. Now I'm going to church to hear my adorable DD sing. Then I must wrap. ARGH. I will be sending Valentine's cards this year. I can't imagine having time before that.
I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful day tomorrow, or in Sugar's case, today. Perfect 2005 is just around the corner, so stay alert. XXOO....lushie

is it time to get rid of my halloween avatar?
Old 12-25-2004, 10:10 PM   #123  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Talking Merry Christmas Cows!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY VERY FAVOURITE COWS !!!!! THIS IS THE BEST PASTURE IN THE WORLD!!! XOXOXOXO TALK TO YOU SOON!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Old 12-26-2004, 12:16 AM   #124  
Member w/ messiest house

DITTO

i HAve had too mnayY MARTINIS. for coping. You know

and a merry christmas too0=;oq3w=-[w9siq[3wepq[esro you all .

littl4e children and mothers and husbands and too little sleep and babies and dinners which all have to be on the table at the same time. good grief how can anyonedo that/\????? And sick sisters and sick nieces and loud toys and little boys. I'm going to write a country song.

A happy christmas to all and to all a good night.

From
Kiwi
Surviving in Davidson.

P.S. My nephew is getting married to the sweetest, smartest, funniest girl in the world. Hope he can hang on to her.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:47 PM   #125  
fatter than U

Talking stuffed to the gills

Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day, Cowies!! I am not drunk, just FULL. And really, really fat. None of my pants fit. Will do Leslie tomorrow FOR SURE. Starting over on my ticker too.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:25 PM   #126  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default STORMMMMMMMMMm of the Century!!!

yikes!! there is major blizzard raging outside----there was a city bus off the road in front of the house and a bunch of stuck in the snowdrift cars!!!you need a four wheel drive to get around at all!!!----staying in and watching movies----even the MALLS and grocery stores are closed!!! happy holidays
Old 12-27-2004, 01:20 PM   #127  

That sounds like a good excuse for staying home and doing nuthin'!!!! Hope you stay cozy and warm Bagzie.

We had a wonderful Christmas, but I'm sure glad it's over. I'm just too tired for any more frivolity.

My parents sent me a check for Christmas. My dog ate most of it. The part with the signature, anyway. I guess I'll have to call and beg for another one. I've decided to quit being mad at my Dad when it comes to money. I've decided that I want to be sitting somewhere in Italy on my 50th birthday and I'll need all the Christmas and birthday money I can get my mitts on to pay for it.

I'm sick of rich food. I've eaten pounds of chocolate, mountains of cookies, pie, full fat sour cream, cheese, etc. etc. etc. bleeeeh. Even the green beans were sauteed in a little bacon grease. TODAY, however will be a different story. I did 2 miles w/ Leslie this morning, I ate cottage cheese and an english muffin for breakfast, and I have plans of behaving myself the rest of my life. Heeee.

Bagzie, dear, I spent yesterday afternoon working in my yard. It wasn't warm here, but it was dry, and it felt really good to get out and get dirty. I planted 5 lily bulbs, and I have only 30 more to go. eek. What was I thinking when I ordered all these? Weeds still grow in the wintertime. Amazing.

Perfect 2005 - here we come. sheesh.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:46 AM   #128  
loves kleenex box art

Hello y'all. I have gained weight. Have we all gained weight? I guess so. What a dirty trick this is. It is not snowing here and you KNOW WE'D LIKE A SHARE.

delimma: my new boss said several times that she doesn't shop for gifts; she takes us to lunch on birthdays and Christmas. I think that's great. Lunch is fun. Gifts are unnecessary. But ... I know of a particular interest she has and I saw something on ebay (antique bells, actually. Small. Rusty. Handmade. Working. Charming.) and bought them for her. I just wanted to give her the bells. I enjoyed giving her the bells. That's all.

So .. days later she comes in with a gift for me. Way expensive, generic, probably a rewrap. The gift has nothing to do with my personality, interests, desires. I will never use it and don't want her to do this again. I was so happy with the lunch.

What should I do?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:18 PM   #129  

Say thank-you.

OK, then next year do not, for any reason, buy her a gift. Some ppl just aren't comfortable unless they reciprocate. If you find her something really cool and you just have to buy it for her, give it to her for a "no reason, but I just wanted you to have it" gift. Some time not connected to a holiday or birthday.

I walked 3 miles w/ Leslie this morning. I didn't gain weight over Christmas holiday. Yesterday I was up 2 lbs., but today it's all gone. I have no idea how this happened. I give Leslie all the credit.

Kiwi's kinda cute when she's tipsy.

Last edited by Wabby; 12-28-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:48 PM   #130  
Member w/ messiest house

AND she has no hangover.

Hi cowsies. This is my last day here in NC. Tonight I have to pack up again and head out in the A.M. Can't believe it. It is rawther zoo-y here most of the time. Except nap time. Fun and noisy and chaotic.

Can't believe you're having a giant blizzard without me, Bagz. Also can't believe you are planting bulbs, Wabbit. How odd. It will at least 4.5 months before we can plant anything.

I know people who can't stand the thought of not reciprocating on gifts. Makes them really uncomfortable if they think they have under-given. Nothing much you can do but scale back next time. "Fortunately" my half-sibs don't feel that way -- they don't have the slightest problem getting gifts from us and not reciprocating. Some we get a thank you note from, which is nice. Others we don't hear from. This year they didn't hear from us. So there.

la de dah. Enjoy your snow/gardening/hot sunny weather?/

Kiwi
Old 12-28-2004, 07:18 PM   #131  

What's everyone doing for New Years Eve? I believe we have plans for sitting on the couch until about 10 pm, waking each other up and dragging ourselves off to bed by 10:15. We lead an exciting life.

Wooo-hooo! I scored some 2 for one coupons for the Amtrak train to the garden show in Seattle. First week in February. Can't wait.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:49 PM   #132  
Member w/ messiest house

We are intentionally leaving NC before we really have to in order to be home by New Year's Eve. Although we have NO PLANS. How dumb are we? We actually thought DD would be itching to be home because the guy she is nuts about was supposed to be in town for Christmas through New Years but it turns out he's not. So I guess we are going home for nothing. We might be able to get to together with a few people, but I know DH is going to suggest we stay home. So, probably DD will get an invitation to someone's house and we will stay home and DH will fall asleep and I will be up surfing the internet. Who wants to party? Good grief, is there anything more pathetic than having to troll the internet for a New Year's Eve party?

Kiwi
Old 12-29-2004, 07:53 AM   #133  
fatter than U

Cool New Year, Schmoo Year!

No parties, no way. Much too old for that. The four of us will be doing the usual: fondue, but with broth, not oil because we are FAAAAAAAAAAAT, nice dessert, doughnuts and fireworks at midnight for the kids. Can't get Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve so will have to watch some other drivel on tv. Bedtime 12:10 a.m. I know you're all excited to come over and celebrate with us, aren't you? I went to a Doug and the Slugs concert once for New Years. Bleh. And once I was 7 months pregnant and held a dinner party for 10 people. Oof.

Oh Wabby! You're such a lucky duck to be able to go the Seattle Garden Show again. Maybe I'll actually get there some day. *sigh*

Peachy, that was wonderfully sweet of you to get your boss a gift "just because". That's what gift-giving should be like but it so often isn't.

Last edited by SugP; 12-29-2004 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:01 AM   #134  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh yeah. I used to actually invite friends over for a dinner and/or party on New Year's Eve too. I never went to a Doug and the Slugs concert, but I think I went to the NC equivalent...

Too bad you can't catch the "rockin" New Year's Eve, because I'm pretty sure that having Regis hosting it is going to make us feel like genuine old fogies. Like I used to think of my parents, watching what's-his-name. Can't think, too many small voices around me.

Gotta get packed and outta here. Y'all have a lovely couple of days. I'll be driving. And sitting.

Kiwi
Old 12-29-2004, 03:13 PM   #135  
fatter than U

Red face Praise me. Please.

3 miles with Leslie today!! She perked me right up. I'm thinking of posting my mileage every week if that won't bore y'all too much. I know it would bore me all to h*ll, but I HAVE to lose this weight. I can do this, right?
Closed Thread