Old 11-01-2004, 03:23 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #21

Welcome to the November edition of the Weighty Issues Thread.

We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:45 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls. Happy(?) Monday and welcome to November! I am having major problems with my computer and am crossing my fingers that this post will survive. Hello to everyone . I will be back later after I run more scans and updates. Wish me luck!
Old 11-01-2004, 05:10 PM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Happy Monday everyone!! I feel good except for the headcold Brit gave me. I got a call from the Health Department on Thursday and she said that as far as she knows it is okay for me to work too as long as I dont have any symptoms so I am back to work now.

The kids went trick or treating last night and had fun. I got to go grocery shopping and get out of the house on Saturday. It was the first time I have left my house in 19 days of being ill. I pray noone ever gets food poisoning like that because it was ****!!!

7 weeks until we leave for Florida!!!! I can not wait!!! I need a vacation!!!

How was everyones weekend?

Kempy, How was your party?
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:13 PM   #4  

Hey guys. I thought I would come here and have tons of posts to read but I guess we were all busy. The party was great. I have a few pics on my camera that I need to deveolp and then I will post them. I am going to try to do that tomorrow. I had two nights of drinking and eating so I am feeling pretty yucky today. I need to get back into the groove. I want to eat clean this month too. I have to go to our camp for Thanksgiving and I doing want to be too big for my pants.

Ok, I need to balance the ole check book. I'll check back in a bit.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning! It has turned cold and windy here.... BRRRRRRRR.... but I will still get out and vote later this afternoon.

I am sitting here drinking my breakfast... a cup of hot cocoa. It was so cold in my building, I needed something. And since I don't drink coffee.. that is then next best thing. :-)

Kempy... I can't wait to see your pictures of your party.

Angie.. you can't seem to get a break. I hope you can get yourself well, and the rest of your family! I bet it feels good to work again.... take care of yourself... :-) Florida.. sounds FUN. Where are you going? My sister lives in Orlando, so next summer I am going to try to arrange a visit to her... the girls and I.

I did my walking yesterday... thought I ate fairly well... but was up a half pound today... I am thinking it is water... I noticed that I wasn't drinking enough yesterday... and what I did.. wasn't really coming back out! Sooooo... I've got to concentrate on my water intake today!

OK.. I better get back to work..... Hi everyone... come on OUT!!!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:41 AM   #6  

Good Morning girls

Cherie I really think i need to up my water intake too. I said I was going to eat better this week but screwed up again yesterday. Halloween candy. Ugh. Oh well today is another day. A hot cup of anything sounds great right now , I am freezing. Does it get really cold and snowy by you during the winter? We get tons of single digits and tons of snow! I agree with Cherie COME ON OUT!

Angie you poor thing. 19 days. Wow you need your vacation after that. I am glad you got to get out of the house. I bet you are glad to get back to work and spend time with your sweetie.

Hi Kempy, when you starting the new job?

Noelle I hope that computer gets fixed. We miss you.

I ate so much last night I am not hungry this a.m. So I did not eat anything yet. Feel bloated. Better start the water. Well anyway check in later. Ds is at school today. DD wants me to play babies. Haha....so cute and innocent now. Just wait for those teenage years! Hi everyone, check back, Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #7  

Kempy btw and anyone else, that show The Loser's is going to be on tonight on NBC. I know you said you had liked it! Hi everyone ....
Old 11-02-2004, 01:02 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

Hi girls . I still have a wonky computer but I'm gonna give this a go anyway. Rick gets home from Vegas this afternoon and Michael gets out of school by 11 am today...it will probably be a very short day here at the office. I will go out and VOTE after I get my one guy out on the road to work. I have a question for ya. Maybe it's just my funky computer, but do any of you have these weird underlined hyper-link(?) words on your posts? I mean, like key words like "water" or "weight loss". I'm showing a lot of underlined words in my posts recently, like for instance in the previous post, someone said "halloween candy". The post I'm reading is underlined...anyone else have that?

Hey Julie, I actually watched the tail end of trading spouses...but did watch the entire show the swan. I usually don't watch but on the Swan, they had a lady who had lost over a 100 lbs and she had a total body lift. She looked a lot better afterward but it's so eerie the way these girls features' change after all that surgery. I think that cosmetic dentist lady should be shot. I think the veneers she does look horrible, so horsey-like. Yeah, they're all white and bright, but they really "out" there and unnatural. But that's just my opinion.

Angie, you so deserve this vacation coming up. Are you and the family back to normal? I hope so.

Cherie, great job on the lbs lost! See? All that effort does pay off. And stop jumping on the scale every day--I know, I know, it's an addiction right? Glad your kids had a good time at Chuck E. Cheese--that's better than trick or treating and having to deal with the candy aftermath.

Kempy, can't wait to see the halloween pics. We had a thunderstorm lingering on Sunday, we almost thought we'd have to cancel the trick-or-treating bit. But luckily it cleared up enough to take the kids out. Are you guys still having warm weather or is it cooling off?

Cal, how did Ashley like halloween? Did you guys do anything special?

Hi to Summer!

One more thing, did anyone ever watch Motormouth on VH1? It's a show where they put hidden cameras in cars and tape the people singing in their cars. It's hilarious...

Gotta run and VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 04:29 PM   #9  

Hey guys. It is raining cats and dogs right now. Joe came home today so we could get vote and now it is too bad to do anything. There are lots of bolts of lightening popping around. Thankfully I am home right now. I hate being out in this. It is going to cool off tomorrow down here. Once this rain passes it is going to drop a good 20 degrees. I really don't know how you guys up north do it. I am sure I will be freezing by the end of the week.

I don't think I have had enough water either. I mean to drink more but I walk off and leave the cup sitting in another room. I am feeling puffy though and I am sure that some of it is from the lack of water.

Not much going on today. Angie are you still around?
Old 11-02-2004, 04:30 PM   #10  

Julie am going to start as soon as I get my license in. And yes, I will be watching that show tonight. Even if I have to watch it in another room.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:47 PM   #11  

Hi girls

Finally peace and quiet, hus came home and bundled up the kids and took them for a bike ride before dinner.

Kempy, I feel like I am kind of in a slump, but watching the show pumps me up! Oh and I forgot that you had to have your licencse first, sorry. I want to go vote too, but it is crazy right now at the school where it is taking place. Everyone is picking up their kids and voting.

Noelle, I have never watched the Swan, but I have watched extreme makeover. I know what you mean about some veneers that people get. There is a local newscaster here and they look like freakin piano keys lol!! I mean I don't have perfect teeth so I should not judge, but come on they have to size them right to the size of the persons mouth and face. I totally agree with you. Never saw motormouth, I will have to check that one out. And I don't know what to tell ya about the underline thingy?
Wish I could help. Maybe if hus and I get a chance to talk tonight I will ask him.
Check back....Julie
Old 11-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #12  

Btw for dinner, chicken parmesan with tons of cheese and spaghetti, veggies, salad and garlic bread . Carbs here I come .

Cherie I wanted to ask you....who do you think Byron will end up with? I am hoping Mary, I really liked her from the Bob the Bachelor. She is beautiful, wants a family, and just seems nice and not fake. I cannot stand fake people! What do ya think?
Oh did some job hunting today too. Not much luck. It really sucks if you do not have a BA in something. Keep plugging along , I am at a point where I think a job would be a good change for me. Fixing my hair and putting on makeup and getting rid of the sweats a couple days a week. LOL Noelle want to hire me, I don't want this winter anymore! haha....Julie
Old 11-02-2004, 04:55 PM   #13  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey everybody!!! I hope you all have had great days! I cant get on my diet that easily right now. I seem to be pigging out and we still have to take the kids out to the restaurant for the birthday dinner that we never got to do.

I have been working overtime cleaning and disinfecting the bakery because I am a freak and I worry about things until I am certain they are done. I just want to make sure everything is clean. My hands are raw from housecleaning.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone!!! So who exactly is our President Elect??? Hmmmmmmm

I didn't workout last night... I took a break, curled up under my comforter (it was freezing) and watched the election returns. Around 9:40... I was so sleepy, I turned everything off and went to bed. I thought I would wake up and find out who the new president would be.. but NOOOOO..... Darn Ohio.

How is everyone doing today? I am up a pound from Monday.... I am not going to fret... just water. I made a big pot of chili last night, so the salt in it is proably what is doing it. I will be back on the treadmill tonight.. going strong. I've also gotta bake cookies tonight. Tomorrow is Hannah's birthday, and she needs to take them to her school. Temptations....

Angie.. take care of your hands. You need some of that Silicon Glove by Avon. That is great stuff.

Julie.. how are things with you? Getting any better? Good luck on finding a job. I know it's hard... try the temp agencies. I had really good luck with them.. finding a long term assignment. I think Mary, or hope Mary will win. I just think she is great. I read a spoiler where they said she ended up the winner, but you can never trust them. I can't wait for tonight! I have no life.

Noelle.. I hope your computer gets better soon too! Everyone is getting sick, and now it's rubbing off on the computers! And yes... I am a scale addict. But it helps keep me motivated. I haven't gotten down about the fluxuations yet... I know I am doing what I need to do to lose the weight.. it just never comes off as quickly as you want it to.. does it.

Kempy... how are you doing?

Hi Holly, Cal and Summer..... I need to get back to work. I am taking tomorrow off for Hannah's birthday, so I have a ton to do today. Talk to you soon!

Last edited by PhotogirlTX; 11-03-2004 at 10:19 AM.
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:44 AM   #15  

Did you all really think we would know who the Pres. is going to be this morning. I think last year really threw the whole system off. I thought that since the poeple who voted would have had their votes counted already. Why do they have to wait until the end? Oh well, I guess they have a method to the madness.

Julie I am right there with ya on the not getting dressed front. I find myself taking my shower after lunch and I still don't fix my hair. I am sure I look frumpy but I have no one to see. Some times Joe isn't even home and I don't really think the dogs care what I look like. I made smoothered chicken last night for dinner. It was my first time to make it and I think it came out pretty good. It didn't taste the same as when my neightbor made it though. Hers was better.

Angie girl grab some gloves. Usually this time of year I wear them whenever I clean. My hands get so dry and they smell like bleach. I found a friend who is going to trade out house cleaing for electrolysis. YEAH! She is going to come every 2 weeks. I am happy with that. I can keep up with things in between. She is going to come deep clean things. That is what I really hate to do too. I wish I could send her up to you.

Well, I am going to try and make myself workout some. I havn't done anything in weeks and I feel totally sluggish.