Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 09:04 AM   #31  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Good morning!!!!

Hi everyone,
What a beautiful today here in Florida- I hardly ever say that because frankly-I hate it being hot all the time! But today is really pretty and I love mornings! Bright new spotless day ahead of me...

Welcome cinisha and phoenix walker!! We are glad to have you on board.

phoenix- WOW! It takes real dedication to walk to the gym so far and to work your schedule around your three little ones! Pat yourself on the back!

oraki- I LOVE your list of things you are going to do! I can relate- it is hard to feel sexy and feminine when you are overweight- my opinion for what it is worth. Keep up the good work and keep on talking. I love the chatter!

susanne- I completely understand you wanting to run. I can't get out there and run either and I miss it. I read a story, however, about a guy who was overweight and wanted to run a marathon. He started by picking a street and running from one telephone pole to the next- he then walked to the next telephone pole- then he ran to the next one so he was running, walking, running, walking until he could just run, run, run, etc. He ended up running a marathon a year and a half later. By the way he was 82.

michiemish- talk when you can with us..we are happy to talk to you whenever we can get ya. I also work and there will be days (like today) that I won't be on as much. Constant chatter is great because you can read through and catch up and still be part of everything we are talking about.

jazzmine- one change per day is great! Don't underestimate any change you make toward your goal. Strong and steady will stay the course. This isn't a contest to see who can get there first so go at your own pace. We will be here cheering you on!

Donna- GOOD JOB!! You kicked some gazelle butt yesterday!
On top of that you avoided the carrot cake- so that is wonderful! I have one of those people in my office too! Brings sweets everyday!

Okay- I need to go to work so I will post my list..
I am going to:
1. Go to Six Flags and ride the scariest roller coaster.
2. Shop at Victoria Secrets
3. Sit comfortably in my classes without requiring a shoe horn to get in my seat!
4. Go for a long run!
5. Buy some stilleto high heels and learn to dance in them.
6. Wear shorts and a tank top to school.

Well that is it for now! I am going to try to sneak on at work but that is touch and go so we will see. If not- I will be home at 5:30 and will catch up with you all tonight!
Have a wonderful blessed day today everyone!!
Keep up the great work!! Together we can meet our goals!!
Old 11-30-2004, 09:53 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

UUGGGG...Morning everyone..Woke up this morning with a huge headache another day of not going and walking before work...shame on me..Let see if i can kick my headache by the end of work and go after work..

WELCOME..DonnaD and Phoenix and Cinisha

Phoenix - you rock..I haven't even walked to the gym yet and its like 2 blocks away from my apartment..

Lets see the things i want to do when i get skin..

1- stare at myself in the mirror and admire what i have done..
2- go buy clothes in the skinny girl store and actually get a pair of shorts up my leg
3- wear a short skirt again w high heeled shoes
4- go to the beach in a bikini and try to surf again
5- go to sea world
6- and of course flirt
7- where a tank top and the little shorts to the gym

One more day til my first WW meeting can't wait...Of course and to start off today with a Starbucks..ugg..had a hard time waking up and going to work but it is friday for me and i have the next three days off..yay me..
Old 11-30-2004, 10:36 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

WOW! Aren't we a bunch of talkers!!! GREAT!

Sounds like everyone is doing well and making some progress! That's wonderful!

Last night I got a horrible headache. The kind that sends you to bed with no noises or movement allowed. BF decided to check the speakers on his stereo. He's not an A$$ just didn't realize how sick I was. At any rate - that was enough to make me throw up my dinner. I finally fell asleep and am feeling a little better today. Headache is still there. Luckily this is a rest day so I don't have to do too much. Stretching and ab/arm stuff. I know it's just a detox headache but still - I want it GONE.

Okay enough whining (BTW - I ADORE wine!!! Can't have any right now though) What will I do when I hit my goal.

Yoga with out the extra "me" roll. I might be able to get into those poses after all
wear a sexy pair of jeans with a cute summery tank top
buy ALL NEW BRAS!! No more DDD for me!!!!
buy lots of sexy panties (to match the new bras )
start rock climbing again - can't see doing it while carry all this weight..just too much work right now.
run a marathon ??
I really want to own just one of the cute summer dresses that the girls in Practical majic had.....flowy and beautiful.
Get one really hot, perfect fitting bikini and go to the beach with pride

OH - susane - don't ever let anyone try to stuff you bras with socks. You'll be shocked at how many pairs it takes to fill them up!! I'm still dealing with that memory

Okay, off to eat breakfast. I don't have much of an appetite but I need to find something to keep my sugar up. Don't want it getting too low....I become a food monger! See you guys in a couple hours.

I'm SO GLAD we're ALL here!!!!!!! Just think of what we can accomplish together!!
Old 11-30-2004, 12:46 PM   #34  
Trying or Dying

Default Hi from work..

I thought I would jump on at work for a sec..
I think you guys have rubbed off on me because I have the WORST headache ever right now. Maybe it is work induced

Anyway- Just wanted to say- Stick with it everyone!!!
We are having a great week and I am looking foward to Sunday when we weigh again and see how well we have done!

I better go- I will keep reading through the day even if I can't sneak a post in..
I have one more thing I am going to do..
I am going to throw a victory party!

Here is a group hug for everyone..
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 02:59 PM   #35  

Hello
Thanks for the welcome. With sick children in tow, my day ahs gone pretty well. Though it has been a bit of a lazy one in the sence of activity simply becuase the kids are just feeling snuggles all day long. bless their hearts. I am wicked sore from my work out yesterday...SUCKS...can hardly move. I am really proud of myself with my water intake today..I have been doing really well. I did eat a bowl of cheessies...I felt bad after, but it wasnt a large bowl..ok I am over it. I was hoping to get out for a walk this eve, but I dont think thats going to work out. Thats all right. I am going to the gym tommorow am.
anyway , I am gonna go get din din started. The kids want beef aroni...The way I make it its actully good for ya..lol..well not the best thing in the world...BUT..I make it with veggie ground round rather then beef..and I use low fat cheese. hmmm i do love it.

anyway , talk soon
Phoenix

p.s. I dont know if its dedication that gets me to walk to the gym or a serious need to DO this THIS time. I know that might sound bad...but I guess that is dedication isnt it? I find though that I want to go t get a bit of a break. some me time. Sometimes I dont feel like working out , but I feel like a break..so I go to the gym and work out..lol
Old 11-30-2004, 04:45 PM   #36  

Crime Girl - sorry about the headache! Hope we didn't give it to you

Phoenix walker - what ever it is that gets you to walk to the gym - it's still impressive!! Plus you burn even more fat getting there and home again

I'm in a contract struggle with my gym right now and I can't decide if I should just give up on them and drop the contract or wait for them to fix the mistakes and keep using the gym. It's not close to me anymore but there is one open 24 hours a day that is close to my work.

Today has gone pretty well. Headache is finally gone. I did make a bad choice today. Blood Sugar was crashing...didn't realize I'd gotten that out of hand, that my blood sugar was so sensitive..anyway, blood sugar was crashing and I needed lunch NOW..I ate a low carb burger from Hardee's. I promise I didn't eat anything else with it and I drank water. To make up for it I had soup for dinner. Chicken, lots of veggies and a little brown rice. It's yummy and will be perfect for the rain tomorrow! Sometimes when food is really healthy it taste extra yummy, and others it just tastes boring. I need to get an allergy diet cookbook or something.

Well better go!! I'm sure I'll be back tonight!! See you all then.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:06 PM   #37  

Hey Everyone!

I managed to squeeze 20 mintes of gym time in...better then not going at all. I also manged to avoid snacks so far today.

Crime Girl, yes I have heard of the phone pole thing! I can run to a phone pole...(barely..lol).. we all have to start somewhere. I love that he was 82 becuase I worry I am too old to bother with all this.

Ok, mIchimish, "stare at myself in the mirror and admire what i have done"...I think that is the one I like best.

Thanks for the warning about socks Grasshopper!

Wow, Phoenix Walker, you sure lost a lot of weight already! Congrad!

Im off to eat my very controled meal. Good Luck everyone!
Susannah
Old 11-30-2004, 05:46 PM   #38  
Trying or Dying

Default Hi again everyone!

It is me again- getting a little quality "board time" in and boy do I need it-
I am STILL working on my papers and quite frankly it is stressing me out so I think the headache came out of the stress- you guys are off the hook!

Phoenix- I think maybe you needed a day to recoup if you are sore and besides I bet the "snuggle time" is doing you a lot of good. Sorry the little ones are sick- I hope that they start feeling better!

Little grasshopper- I didn't know you have issues sometimes with blood sugar- I was recently diagnosed with diabetes (not sure if I told you guys that already) and I am working day by day to try to regulate my blood sugar and recognize when I HAVE to eat. I am a slow learner...
Don't beat yourself up about the burger- we all slip and frankly it wasn't much of a slip- A large pizza and a gallon of ice cream is a slip.

Susanne- Great job getting to that gym today!! and as far as marathons go I know if you truly want to do it - you can and you will!

As for me- I have enjoyed reading everyone's responses on what they will do when they lose the lbs. It gave me a few to add to mine as well- things I didn't even think about so thank you all for those!

As for tomorrow- it is "what in the heck did I eat so far this week" day-
also I would love it if we offered tips and helpful things we do that help us keep on track with our eating plan. For example- I pack my lunch the night before because otherwise I will end up at McDonald's pigging my face out! Sound good? Let me know anytime you guys don't want to do something or have a better suggestion..I just like to give us at least one things to contribute each day. I think it is interesting reading everyones' responses.

Ok- well before I write a small novel I am going to go.
Have a delightful night everyone!
Keep up the great work!!
Old 11-30-2004, 07:08 PM   #39  

Crimegirl - WORK ON THE PAPERS just kidding. I'm so glad paper writing is over for me - believe if or not, I've actually had to go back to some of the ones I wrote to treat clients. Guess it's good I wrote them....darn it! You can do it!!! You wouldn't be where you are right now if you couldn't! I do have sugar problem - but mine is too low usually. That's why the md put me on the diet I'm on. If I'm good I can't even tell I have a sugar problem. (that's a big IF)

Susane - if you want to try to train, I'm here It would be nice knowing someone else is trying the same thing. I told BF last night what I want to do, he said nothing...then later brought me a ton of horror stories about people that have run them and pooped themselves! nice.....I need to talk to that boy about how to support someone you love.....

Pheonix, you're beef aroni sounds wonderful! I'm so hungry!!! time for more water

I'm sure everyone will pop in later tonight - it's great to have all of you here. I'm really excited to have so many people to chat with about reaching such a huge goal!! I'm glad you're here!
Old 11-30-2004, 09:47 PM   #40  

Grasshopper when you teach your BF how to support someone he loves,... can you publish it so all men can learn??...lol...HAHAHAHA!... ah, men,,,got to love 'em. Yes, I would love to train with you. It is a huge help knowing someone else is doing the same thing.

Crime Girl, I am writing papers as well and I bought some perfumed bubble bath to take long soaks when I am too stressed. The gum chewing is really taking off well,too,
Thanks for moderating here!

..off to do homework...I'll pop on later.
Susanne
Old 11-30-2004, 11:22 PM   #41  

I can't believe this board just ate my post, so if it shows up twice, I apologize. My middle son has been on the pc all nite. (he's 23) My oldest is 27 and my youngest is going to 22 in a few months and just got engaged today. OMG!

So, when I get thin...

I will look great at my son's wedding(she's got son's how old?)
I will wear heels with my dress and dance in them.
I will be a healthy grandma (but not too soon .. )
The only pill I will take in the morning will be a vitamin(no more meds)
I will buy a bicycle( I love it as a teen)
I will shop off the rack at any store.
I will ride every wild ride at great adventure.
I will get back in the water. (avoid pools and such)
I will take the top...

You guys are great. love the posts. 25 minutes on the gazelle again and tonight I did not eat the pie. Had some lf wheat thins.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

Default Will it ever end

Hey everyone.. Sounds like everyone had and ok day...Don't want to be the downer but i had a bad..Didn't head for the junk though...But i didn't get my walking in..But i did walk and up down my parents driveway which is a extremely step hill so i could take down the trash..

Tomorrow is my first day at WW and i'm already nervous..Hopefully i don't back down almost did today because i received bad news about my mother.. ... My mom has to go in on monday and have surgery..and she will be in the hospital for 4 days and i have to stay at my parents house and take care of my dad because he broke his hip 2 months ago and is having problems and he is having a hard time with his diabetes..Doctors told my mom she might have an advance form of cancer and it has moved to her lungs because she keeps getting fluid in her lungs for no reason..But they don't know what type or where it is..So it is going to be so hard to stay on track the next couple of weeks..Hopefully i can do it... I think i'm going to make a bet with my mom and make her stay positive about her health and i will stay on track w the diet thing..I know that would mean alot to her if i lost weight..Now that i have everyone down..And i'm sorry i did..

Everyone must smile and it looks like everyone is doing so good w their goals and watching everything..GOOD JOB..WOOHOO

Everyone have a nice night
Old 12-01-2004, 12:22 AM   #43  
Trying or Dying

Default Speechless...

Oh Michimesh! I know that things must be hard for you right now and I wish there was something I could do! here is hoping that the docs are totally off base. If you need to talk or just need someone to listen you can email me or send me a PM.
Don't worry about bringing us down- this board is about support and friendship! We are here for you!

As far as progress goes for everyone- it sounds like we are truckin along with an occasional speed bump and that it is OK! I know we will all be pleasantly surprised when we look at the scale on Sunday so stick with it!
Just keep thinking about how good it will feel to do all the many things we have listed.

As for me today- I am STILL working on the papers from you know where and I STILL have a massive headache. Tomorrow will be a better day! Besides school I also have done well with the eating part of my plan and water intake but can't seem to get my butt moving! Somebody kick me in the seat of the pants won't you?

Have a wonderful night everyone -Thanks so much for sharing and caring!I truly believe this is what is keeping me on course.
Good night!
Old 12-01-2004, 12:54 AM   #44  

Michiemish - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother and your father too. Don't even think of bringing us down - what's a support group for if we're only here for the good times???!! Sounds like a great deal to make with your mother. It will help you too. You will think more clearly and be less stressed over all - believe it or not - if you're eating a healthy diet. So you'll be better able to handle the added stress....we're here too!
Keep us posted as you can.

Poor Crime Girl - working away on the papers. And Susane too - you get sympathy also Hope you guys finish soon!

Donna - congrats on the great day. Good news and exercise too You're having a good week!!

Well It's way past my bed time but I can't sleep. I have two clients first thing tomorrow a.m. I'm going to go try again See you tomorrow
Old 12-01-2004, 06:09 AM   #45  

{{hugs}}} Michiemish Hoping for good health for all 3 of you!!

I had a strange day yesterday...never ate until 3:00 pm and that threw me off totally. Did not do any formal exercise, but did lots of shopping and logged over 20,000 steps on my pedometer.

Am hoping to get back on a normal track today...I have to work, so it should be easier

Have a great day everyone
Closed Thread