Old 11-21-2004, 11:35 PM   #31  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies,
Susan, yes record everything do what Katy says....

Marti, yes your DD does sound like a sweety...and there is no rush on decorating right? Infact if you wait till next weekend it will be after thanksgiving...

Mindee, owwiieee I once fell while holding Tanner when he was about 4 months old...landed on my butt and actually cracked my tailbone..talk about taking my breath away...just thinking about it makes me cringe. Do the ice pack to take swelling down.

Hello to all......

All is going well here, Tanner is healthy again, Brandon is sitting up, no morphine, or oxygen helping him breath. He even did 2 physio sessions today. He will be coming home tomorrow. I didn't like his nurse,,,yesterday and she was the same one today so I spent alot more time there today,,,gave him a sponge bath, and washed his hair, since she couldn't find the time....hmmmmm He smelled like baby after I left...lol Its been alot of years since I powdered him with baby powder...lol
He is right now all alone in his room tonight. One boy had apendicitis,,,he went home tonight,,,the other went into cardia arrest at his basketball game,,,and the other was in a car accident and hurt his internal organs. Had to have his sleen out and such. Didn't like that boy, very rude. A child died in the room next to us...very sad.
My mom came and helped me clean my house and visit with Brandon,,,I am so glad everything is back to normal almost.
The show last night went well. I was brutally honest with that rude Diva lead guy. He asked if I forgave him for his rude behavior,,,I told sure, but I do know I will never ever work with you again. He was shocked,,,couldn't believe someone would say that to him? He avoided me after that which was fine. We as in Tanner and I didn't get home till 1:30 am last night, this morning...lol I wanted to come right home,,,he wanted to hang with the cast at Brewsters,,,a pub/restaurant. So we sat around eaching nachos and cokes...I couldn't drink anything,,,knew I could easily be impaired.

Well off to bed I go,,,I get the next week off to spend time with Brandon...
ttfn
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:48 PM   #32  
Give me strength

Default Birthday

before I get busy,,,want to wish a

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:45 AM   #33  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

It's Monday again - how did that happen??

Mindee - about relocating for your husband, here's what I meant. If he was working with some company that approached him and said, "Tommy, we're promoting you, & giving you a big raise, but you have to move to a different state", then, YES, I'd go with him! Stand by your man, and all that.... If you didn't, he most likely wouldn't get any more promotions with that company, and then would be justified in resenting you. But, since he isn't working at all, it seems to me he should find work nearby and get your finances on solid footing before you should make a move. Especially if the move is just a whim of his. If your town is too small for much job opportunity, he could always drive to the nearest big town in your own state and look there. That could be a compromise... And I do admire you for sticking with your pact with your sisters. Seems like they've stuck with it, too.

Angie - I'm so glad to hear that you'll be off this week! Not that you'll rest much, but still. Bless your mother - I'm so glad she's been there for you. Also VERY glad Brandon is getting released today. He'll recupe a lot better at home especially since you will be there. Funny how you shot down the Diva!!

Julie - I think your birthday is tomorrow... but, hey I'll join in early, too!

Happy Birthday, Julie!!

Hi again to the others..

Gonna clean the house today. Oh joy.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Everyone~

I have to have my computer time but am trying to limit it because of my wrist-it is killing me and has been for a few days, and of course getting on here is not helping at all!

Jane~I am still following the other thing, it's not really a diet but more a spiritual thing. DH and I will start Atkins as soon as we get the books and read them. He just asked me yesterday when the books will be here. It takes about 1 1/2 weeks to get them and I ordered them last week but with the holidays it could be longer hope not. Yeah, DD is missing work over this. She is better today after finally going to sleep yesterday and sleeping most of the afternoon into the early morning. It really drains her.

Marti~I was always doing something to DD's hair when she was younger. I loved braiding it and curling it, putting ribbons in it etc. I quit curling it so much though because she got to where she hated it-she would hate standing there. DD is 20, soon to be 21 in Jan. Haven't tried Atkins or South Beach although I did have the South Beach book-didn't care for it for some reason. I will let ya know how it goes once we start, which I am hoping is in a week or two.

Katy~I would love to get a real tree but it has been so long and I am used to the artificial ones now. Just seems easier for me, don't have to go hunt down the perfect tree and I can put it up early and it stays green! Plus I put the lights on a timer to where they stay on most of the night, with a real tree I wouldn't do that. I think the main thing is, I will put water in the tree, cut it like they say and I swear by the second week of having it it is so dry, needles all in the floor and I am afraid to leave the lights on for long. To get the smell in the house I buy potpourri and candles and it smells just like Christmas.

Angie~glad you are getting some time off this week, now to get some rest girly. And glad to hear the boys are feeling much better.

Mindee~jeez girly, hope you are feeling better. Has Tommy lived in MI all his life or is he not from there, the reason he wants to get out? Well, hopefully everything works out for you guys and he finds a job there.

Well, I have taken too long typing this and still need to check my email and a couple of other things. Take care ladies and have a nice Monday.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 02:57 PM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls!!

It's so pretty outside right now! A beautiful fall day.......with clouds in the background!

Angie--What great news that you get the week off to take care of Brandon! I'm also happy to hear that Tanner is feeling much better. AND--Way to go on telling the Diva "star" how it is! He deserves the cold shoulder for being difficult. I don't understand the drama queens and the attention they think they deserve...what about the rest of the cast? Enjoy your week off being a mom and get Brandons spirits up so he'll heal faster!

Jane--I used to be obsessed with my sodium intake.....Never used salt if I didn't have to, didn't eat ham or any pork product and if I did, it was in such small amounts and stopped eating processed foods. Well that didn't last too long. But once I started eating the stuff again, I could really tell how much salt was added! I'm still not much into eating the frozen dinners. And I still don't add much salt while cooking....(no wonder James took over the cooking!) I figured, the more water I drink the better. And if I start getting all bloaty (and you can really tell with me.....may look about 7mos. pregnant) then I know I've had too much.

Cristi--I miss doing Jhanai's hair!! I tell her all the time. Her response is "I'll let you do something to it SOMEDAY" sheesh....when is that someday going to get here? I wish I would have known you wanted the Atkins book, I would have sent it to you. James informed me that he ordered the Atkins cookbook. That might help with trying to prepare meals better. I think Atkins would do wonders for a "quick fix", for me anyways. I don't think it could be a life changing way of eating. That is why I'm so hesistant to do it again. We have a friend who has been on it for a few months. He didn't lose anything the first month and a half then he started losing and has lost 20lbs so far. I'll have to really think about it after the new year. I'm definately getting a gym membership then. Even spoke to James about it. He has free access to gyms through UP, but at the moment he's using the gym here in town. I will just take over his membership.

Hello to everyone out there!! Hope all is well with you.

Today James and I are heading to the grocery store to get our Thanksgiving dinner supplies. We said we didn't want to be buying the week before.....we're doing it anyway!! Such procrastinators.....or maybe I should say, our schedules are so busy that having time off the same time is difficult. So after he gets back from the gym we'll shop before we both go to work.
Tomorrow the third Harry Potter movie comes out and I must get that. Jhanai & I missed seeing it in the theatres! So we want to watch it on Thanksgiving day....or try to anyways.

Well I better clean up to go to the store....I could just go as is, but.....that would mean people would see the little boy in me since I have no make up on. So, I'm going to put my "I'm really a woman" face on and get cleaned up.

May check in later!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 06:41 PM   #36  

Smile

I AM ALIVE!!!!!

Hi Girls!!!! Thanks for all the birthday wishes, yes tomorrow I will be 23, another year older......oh well!!!!! Thanks for the singing email MARTI!!!!!

I had a hectic weekend, and didnt get anywhere near the computer til, I got in from work tonight, so Im trying to catch up on whats going on with the posts, but Im noticing Im a bit behind...so bear with me here!!!!
By the way JANE: I know the feeling to do so well and gain, believe me it's just fluctuation.....those lbs will come back off again...just give it time!!!!

Nothing much new with me....Ive been eating like a pig though!!! Gotta get back on track, my mother bought me a huge apple pie and Ive been eating pie for just about every meal......Im trying to get back on the diet though!!!

Anxious for the holidays to come and for those who want to trade cards, same as Ellen said, just PM me, and I'll do the same back

HI TO Jane, Marti, Ellen, Sue, Susan, Mindee, Cristi, Angie, Kathy, and anyone else I may have forgotten!!!!
Talk to you guys later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #37  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Our luck is definitely changing for the good!!! There will be a Christmas at our house!!!! Tommy called MARVIN, and just to check and see where things stand at on that, and they told him that his last check was sent out on November 19th and what the amount was. So, there will be a Christmas for us here!!

And on another note, Tommy has his job interview tomorrow at 2:30pm!! He also put up his garage stereo and his pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans for sale, and there are people both interested in those, so things are definitely looking up on this end!!!

Katy~ Yeah, it was a big ouch. I am still sore. Tommy checked and I have a big bruise right in between my butt cheeks. (don’t ask me how I managed that one) my right arm and neck are still sore, my back is a little better, but I am managing to get through the day.

Marti~ I am thinking of taking a bath now. I will wait until Brandon gets done with his bath for today. I don’t recall being this clumsy before. I know I was clumsy as heck when I was pregnant with Brandon. Right before I found out I was pregnant with him, me and Tommy went on a bike ride, and I fell off the bike.

Jane~ Thanks for the advice. I am feeling better as for the breathing part. I don’t know why it was hurting to breathe. I had our buddy, who is an EMT, (he came with us) check me out when we got back home. And he said that he didn’t see any real cause for concern. The breathing part went away a day later. I know what you meant about the whole moving thing.

Angie~ Thankfully Brandon was in the house when I fell. Cause I would have felt 1,000 times worse if I had been holding him. I think I did land on my tailbone though, cause my left butt cheek hurts, and then it sometimes hurts to sit directly on my butt. I have been doing the lean and sit like I did after I had Brandon. (I even slept one night with a pillow under my left butt cheek)

Happy birthday Julie!

Cristi~ Yes, Tommy has lived here all his life. He says he wants to move out of state because he had an opportunity to go to college in Tennessee, but had to give it up because his dad’s company closed and he stayed to help with the money situations.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:09 PM   #38  
Give me strength

Cristi, when Ive been working too much on the computer my wrist kills me,,,doesnt' help that Im addicted to cubis on yahoo games...*sigh you and I have the same pain I would say,,,wrist and shoulder.
Julie, Im going to pm you my address....
Mindee, the best thing to do is rest your cheeks...lol specially if you have cracked your tail bone...ok have to admit I found a funny in this,,,lol I won't say what but its gotta be obvious...lol I guess Im feeling better when my sense of humour is back.
It was an adventure getting Brandon home,,,he is too big to sit in the front seat with his cast and hip. So I had to literally take my van apart and move the middle seat sideways so he could sit in the back and have his leg up. Monte called just as I was leaving,,,we joke around alot and talk in code,,,like we are doing a mission impossible..so I said to him,,,Baby Bird is in the nest,,,repeat Baby Bird is in the nest...back of the nest but still there...lol
We had snow and ice last night, causing me stress in how to get him into the house...poor kid,,,he has to use his right foot for everything and hes in so much pain with that foot too. And to think we will be doing all this again in 6 months...*shudder
I promised him a road trip on Thursday,,,noticed that Wally's have wheel chairs...so we can do a bit of shopping.
So thats about all thats happening here,,,nice and boring,,,gotta love boring!
Old 11-22-2004, 09:35 PM   #39  
kitty Momo

Mama Bird is on alert.......lol...You are funny Angie. You always amaze me in all that you do. Exhausted just reading it all and it kills me when you say...."I guess I will go read some out of "blah- blah" book...."

I never, ever catch up!! I haven't read a book in years!!! lol
The 3 books that I took on the plane I left at Rockys. I just couldn't focus with all the clouds floating down below and the ocean..........omg , and I am sure I saw a whale waaaaaay down there. Cause there was this huge shadow moving,,,,,,,sure it was a whale.

HaPpY BiRtHdAy JuLie!!!!!

Sorry about your wrist Cristi-- psssst , what happned?? I have been really self centered for a few years......lol I don't know what is going on with anyone but me,me,me,me,me...........it is all about me!!!
You have a pink tree for your bedroom??

{{{Mindee & Tommy}}} Happy you are going to have a Christmas!!!! Yay,,,,,

Jane, Kris is 10 , 11 in April. I sent him some pictures that he took with my camera. He is a sweet kid but very spoiled by grandma.I usually get along with my ex's parents. Don't know if Angie remembers Kevin but I liked him a lot and his step mother and I still write years later. Close with Mike's mother.....though my first husbands mother wrote him after our seperation and said "she has such a pretty face to be burning in ****" I don't think she meant it though......lol.just in the heat of the moment.

I better go. No heat in this building and the ringer is going non stop!

ta ta
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:21 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Good evening ladies~

Angie~glad you got baby bird home nice and safe. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow that is supposed to turn into snow later on-I will believe it when I see it. Not ready for snow at all and definitely don't want any ice. Yeah, I do think you and I have the same shoulder/arm/wrist pain and it really is a pain sometimes. I am supposed to do exercises but was told if it hurts don't do it-ummmm, it is always going to hurt to do it so should I never do them??? Just not supposed to push myself.

Julie~I guess I will jump on the bandwagon and wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY too! Hope your day is fun and special for you tomorrow.

Mindee~so glad to hear you guys will have Christmas at your house. And keeping my fingers crossed for Tommy's interview, hope all goes well. Also, glad to hear your booty is better.

Susan~what isn't wrong with my right arm? I didn't hurt it. First the doc thought it was carpel tunnel in the wrist, and a touch of bursitis and tendonitis in the shoulder but after the MRI they determined it was arthritis. Whatever it is it hurts sometimes and it is hard to use my right arm, especially writing or typing.

Marti~good for you for going to join the gym. I would love to do that but feel awkward going by myself. I flipped throught the Atkins cookbook in the store one day and didn't really see much that appealed to me. Don't worry about the book, I ordered the Atkins Diet book and the shopping guide book for $20 through the bookclub. They have a deal right now where there is no S&H so that saved a few dollars. I went online to see about what the are going for first and it was cheaper through them. The cheapest I saw it for was $14.95. Anyway, I can't wait to see what it is all about and try it. My cousin lost 30 lbs. doing it and also recommended it so we will see.

Well, hi to everyone else.

Thought I would check in for a few minutes before folding laundry and working on my nails, need to polish them tomorrow some time. My nails grow so fast and I hate it because I hate having to do a manicure. I like them at a shorter, more square look now and I think it takes more work than just letting them grow. Of course I don't polish them as often as I used to, got tired of it since I have been doing it since I was 15. I love the french manicures and would have that done if my nails didn't grow. Oh well...have a good evening ladies. See ya tomorrow sometime
Old 11-22-2004, 10:34 PM   #41  
Give me strength

your first MIL wrote what?
Well I can read at work,,,cause in between calls there really isn't much to do. Sometimes they have a bit of paper work for us, and I usually get more then double then everyone,,,its like a compitition for me to do as much as I can in a short period of time...I know how weird is that? But work can be boring some days....I sometimes write you guys cards,,,,am almost done my Christmas cards,,,and would of done it all if I hadn't left them at work. May stop on my way home from dropping Tanner at band tomorrow,,,7 am,,,arghhh Which reminds me to getting back to making like over 30 calls to all these parents who check off they want to help volunteer then when I call they say no.
I made dinner for the first time in over a week,,,all our stomaches must of shrunken, we barely ate half.
well off to finish my book...
Old 11-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #42  
kitty Momo

argh.

I don't want to know about your Christmas cards getting done Angie!! lol.

I don't even know what I am doing for Thanksgiving.

Yes, my first MIL wrote that in a letter. I have had some horrible things said to me thinking about it.

Just the other day Doug was saying I was a terrible mother- blah- blah.

He is on my mothers "He better watch his step list" She called him today after I told her that he felt sorry for Mike. She was going to tell him "she is the mother of your children" speech but I told her not too.

Just makes matters worse. .....besides it is his birthday.......

Gaby went to her new sitter. An elderly grandma type with a dog and a husband. They have taken exchange students in from Mexico in the past and work with the youth in their church.
My mother has been friends for years with them so I trust that ..... I guess.
Gaby didn't bat an eye when I left, she adapts so well.

Anyway, can't wait to get her at 10pm.

Sorry about the wrist Cristi Thank you for the cards!! You are so sweet and thoughtful.

Heat is back on need to start thinking of the news letter.

night
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:28 AM   #43  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

I keep meaning to put this on here. We weighed Brandon last week, and he is roughly 20lbs and about 27 inches long.

Angie~ Rest my cheeks you say? I think I can do that! LOL It sounds like you did have an adventure getting Brandon home. I hope he is feeling better now…..I hope he isn’t in too much pain. We are suppose to get snow Wednesday night and into Thursday. So we will get a white Thanksgiving, not sure how it is looking as of yet for a white Christmas. You want a laugh? You should have been here right after I took the muscle relaxer. The only thing that got relaxed was my brain and my fingers! I was trying to spell blessed, and it came out bleesed. I tried to spell be and that came out as bee. I was checking our buddy’s email and was seeing words that weren’t even there!

Susan~ Thanks for the hugs. Tommy said “I feel so much better now. I felt really bad before because it was looking like Brandon wasn’t going to be getting anything from us for his first Christmas.” When he got off the phone earlier, the first thing he said was to Brandon. He goes “now you are going to have a BIG Christmas.”

Cristi~ thanks for the good luck on his interview. I will be sure to post how it goes when he comes home from it. thanks for the card!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:49 AM   #44  
GmaTo8

Smile

It's Tuesday!

Julie - happy Official Birthday to you, lol. I think you have my snail mail addy, but if not, let me know, ok? I'll be sending Christmas cards to the Jaded Ladies, but didn't send any Thanksgiving ones. How's the new puppy doing?

Ellen - how are you doing today?

Angie - thanks so much for the card and pictures of Tanner. Like I said before, the kid's a heartbreaker!! Glad Brandon is home. Neal and I used to use code in front of the kids, too... we would refer to "working on the budget" that had nothing to do with a budget, lol!

Cristi - sorry about your wrist! Hope it starts feeling better soon. We use an artificial tree, too. For one thing, Mary is allergic to real ones, and the other reason is because they get so dry, just like you said. Have you tried the Yankee "Christmas Tree" candle - it smells just like one. I make sure I buy a new one each year, early, because they sell out of them. We're supposed to get snow here on Thanksgiving Day... oh, I hope we do! I like polish on my nails, too, and also keep mine fairly short. They grow like crazy, but my fingers are too long to have very long nails. I usually use clear polish unless I'm going somewhere special, since doing housework chips the polish so soon. I wear rubber gloves when I think about it, but being the Doofus I am, it's usually too late.

Mindee - hope your butt is better today. Tell Tommy he oughta kiss it and make it better, lol. Good luck to him today on the interview. Mary and Dale also had some money come in yesterday that they've been waiting for. $3063.00 workman's comp from when he was injured at work. They are a couple of happy campers, let me tell you! He should get more later, because the specialist said he'll never be able to work as a carpenter again.

Marti - Campbell's soups are the worst for saltiness, don't you think? I dump out the juice when I can, and add water, lol. Also buy the low sodium soups when I can. So Jhania will be with you for Thanksgiving? That's nice. Btw, sil Dale is driving train engineers to and from the trains... too bad he can't meet James!

Susan - probably what you saw on the water was a shadow of a cloud, at an angle. They look so cool from above, don't they? I love how a cloud can shade a whole neighborhood, and from the plane you can see where it begins and ends. What you saw could've been a whale, though... what do I know? Hope the Gabster did ok with the new babysitters. Let us know, ok? Your mom is funny - I'll have to remember the "he better watch his step" list, lol.

Oh I'm going to have fun today! I'll be picking up DGD Mackenzie-the-5-year-old to spend the night. We're going to watch Samantha - An American Girl movie on TV. Hopefully some of you have heard of the American Girl Dolls? Katie still has her Kirsten one. ... Anyway, I am planning great fun for Mackenzie and me. She's going to help me in the kitchen tomorrow while I get some things ready for Thanksgiving. It will take me twice as long to get things done, but will be 10 times the fun!!

Hello also to Katy, Sue, Shanna, Kathy, Katiecat and anyone else reading this.

What are your plans for the day?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:25 AM   #45  
One day at a time

Good Morning Ladies~

Susan~forgot, I don't have a pink tree, some of the ornaments are pink. I haven't decorated any yet, but am getting anxious. I have never had a tree in my bedroom but thought it would be nice, it's just a small one. Why in the world would Doug say you are not a good mother? Sounds like him and Mike need to quit talking.

Jane~hope you have a fabulous time with Mckenzie. I saw the preview for the movie-Samantha and want to see it. Better check the time. I do know those dolls and love them. Glad to hear about Dale and Mary getting the moola. I haven't tried the Christmas tree candles but like you I buy a new one every year, last year it was cranberry chutney. I am going to have to go to the Yankee store in the mall as Hallamrk only had a couple of different scents and I didn't like them at all. I really don't like the strong smell of cinnamon, gags me.

Marti~did you and James get your Thanksgiving supplies? I actually got everything early last week. Almost bought the turkey 2 weeks ago and thought nah, too soon. Tomorrow I am going to get a lot of stuff done to make it easy on Thursday, like the deserts and cutting the celery, onion stuff like that. I probably should take the turkey out of the freezer. LOL

Mindee~hoping you are feeling better today.

Angie~got my cards done also, except for sealing 3/4 of them. I am wanting to enclose a photo but am afraid we may never get around to it. Should have just done the Penneys thing and be done with it already. I was hoping Wednesday evening since I will be dressing up somewhat to go to Thanksgiving Eve Mass but V has to work late that night, UGH! Well, maybe Thrusday we can get some photos taken. I did find out that Walgreens does the one day thing for the christmas card photos instead of the one hour thing so that's good.

Julie~again have a wonderful time on your special day-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hi to everyone else

Getting ready to head out to the library in a few minutes. Want to check out a couple of things and get on the internet. For some reason I have not been able to access Hotmail to check my mail there since last week. Not sure if it is hotmail or what. Then home to do some cleaning, need to mop the bathrooms and kitchen floors. Washed the rugs a few days ago but didn't want to put them down til the floors were cleaned. Gotta love those swiffers-have the mop and the duster, plus the thing to do the ceiling fans which is a life saver. Saves me from having to get a step ladder or a chair and dragging it around. It is such an ugly day today, I am hoping it doesn't rain or snow like they have been saying. V is going to do some lights and I need to help him witht he wreath. He's going to hang it to see where we want it and then put an outlet inside the garage to plug it in there instead of having a big long extension cord hanging down from it. We won't put it up today except to get things fixed. Won't turn the lights on either, of course if he gets some done he won't be able to finish it all. Makes me think about all those people who really go all out with their decorations and how long it takes. Was watching a shoe on HGTV and saw some of these houses and man, what a job. They start getting things together almost a year in advance. I like the house to look decent but one day working on it is enough for us. Of course this time it will take a couple of days because of time, not an actual full day. Okay starting to ramble. Anyway, glad the man does electrical has saved us some bucks doing a lot of stuff like that around the house without having to call an electrician. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day