Old 11-20-2004, 09:28 PM   #31  
Mommy, wife, teacher

GO GINNY GO GINNY GO GINNY!!! LET 'EM HAVE IT!!! Are we married to the same man?!

GO KERRY GO KERRY GO KERRY!!! CONGRATULATIONS FOR GETTING IN A SIZE SMALLER...IN JEANS NO LESS!!!

I'm so tired. I ran many errands and did some stuff around the house today. I can't get motivated to do more. I guess it will be a crazy rush tomorrow morning. I hope I'm not coming down with something. Maybe it is just the diet. I feel different without carbs and sugar...a little sluggish.
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:28 PM   #32  
Swimming Mouse

:blink:
Okay:
The parade was a success, even though only 2 students showed up. I got some pictures. I was the person on the megaphone... well, the fancy one in our emergency vehicle. No rain.
I'm exhausted.... I left at 6:20 this morning, and didn't get home till 10:45. I had some time between end of parade, having eaten dinner and swim lessons... not enough time to go home... so I swam. 1.25 miles, 90 minutes. Then I did lessons.
I'm going to bed now.
I think I can find my way there: if not, I might just sleep on the floor with the cat.
I didn't find my friend's party, he never called me and I didn't have an address or a phone number. We're work friends. I don't even know for sure it was tonight. Who knows with guys?
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:52 PM   #33  
KAR

Afternoon Ladies,
Hope everyone's Sunday is going nice. I was able to get up this morning and ride the excerise bike for 20 minutes, do a 15 minute walking video and my ab excerises before getting ready for church. I am slowly easing myself back into working out after having to take a few days off due to my ankle. It doesn't hurt today. So that is a good thing.
Mouse sounds like you had a busy but nice day. Glad to hear that you got some extra swimming in before your swimming lessons. I bet that was a stress reliever. Sorry to hear that you were not able to go to the party. Hope you were able to get plenty of rest after your busy day.
Summer hope you are enjoying yourself at your Longerberger party. So what kinds of excerise are you doing along with your South Beach diet? Keep up the great work. It makes you feel good to be improving your health and self-esteem doesn't it. By the beginning of next year there is going to be a new Summer.
Ginny hope things have calmed down a little at your house. I think yesterday must of been the day for dh's to be crabby. My dh got that way last night. But I didn't let him drag me down into his bad mood. So how many days do you have to drive bus this week? Hope they are little angels for you and you don't have to put up with idiot drivers too.
Robyn I hope your day is going great for you. I hope you have found some time to pamper yourself. So what was the Boy Scout service project yesterday that it had to start at 7 a.m. on a Saturday? That is too early for me to be up functioning on a weekend.
Well today is my day to relax before my busy week starts. I only have to work Monday and Tuesday. Then I am off until the following Tuesday. But on Wednesday, I will be straightening up the house, dusting and sweeping. Then Thursday hosting Thanksgiving dinner. Then packing that evening. Friday morning leaving to go to my parents for the weekend. Friday night we are going to be setting up the hall where we are having my grandma's 90th birthday party. Then Saturday is her party in the afternoon. Sunday afternoon driving back home and spending Monday to relax and recuperate before going back to work on Tuesday. I am hoping to be able to squeeze in some workout time over the weekend to destress and relax. Plus this will help me not want to over eat this coming weekend. Well I best go and read for a little bit. The book next week and I haven't gotten very much of it read yet. So I will check back in with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:15 AM   #34  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

hello all....
yep...waiting for my Sunday night laundry to finish ....
I have lots of homework left yet to do... but I wanted to check in and say thank you for being such a supportive gang! yesterday I typed in a whole big message to you that was lost.... I can't begin to type it again...now.... but...just know...that for now... all seems calm ...and things are looking great for a short school week!

Thank you so much for the very sweet and supportive private messages! You gals are the best!

gotta get to the dryer... I hear it buzzing and I am NOT going to iron tonight! LOL
take care..
meee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 06:58 AM   #35  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Glad to hear that all seems calm for you right now Robyn. Well here is to a short work week for us all. May it go by fast and without any or little problems. Then it is a long weekend that we can relax and count our many blessings. Well I best be off to work. I am going to attempt to go workout tonight at Curves. This will be my first time since I had sprained my ankle last week.
Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 11-22-2004, 10:56 PM   #36  
burned out bus driver

good evening!
Thanks to all for your encouraging notes.......I surely did feel bad for the little boy look that I got from a very mature individual.......and ok a wee bit of me does care about hurting his feelings, but I must tell you he had it coming. Of course now I am paying- he has added a few things to the menu on Thursday....( just to keep me even more busy in my vintage 1974 kitchen) but I had my say. And I am making my chocolate mint pie for dessert.....4 points per serving and he can make fun of it all he wants. Oh, and I am going to WW tomorrow nite......might kill me to do so, but I will. I half expect a gain as I will be weighing in at nite instead of the am, but we will see.

Dd is fine. Shaken but fine. Her door is fairly badly dented and will most likely have to be replaced. Other than that the car is quite drivable and from the other side and front appears normal. Dh got on my case about that.....what kind of crummy insurance co do we have (gee, they did not send an adjuster out at 10 pm on Saturday?????? 5 hours after the accident?????!!!!!!!!). Well, I did get a screwy "800"# to call (the adjusters office) and called that after I had made the intial contact about the accident. I was stuck in a typical automated answering system maze and unable to get out of it. So I called my agents office (who BTW was knowledgable and polite). They informed me that I would be hearing from an adjuster within 8 hours. Meanwhile, Dh is ranting and raving that we should go back to NJ (45 minutes away) to get the car repaired at the dealership (like I needed my life to be more complicated!)....where the he** is the lazy no good adjuster anyway...... I called the repair shop in town (one mile from our house, heaven forbid) and the auto shop tells me that she is pretty sure that they are a priority repair service for my insurance.....which means that there is no need for the adjuster to see the car. The repair shop will see the car, make an estimate, electronically send the estimate to the insurance co, who because they have this special relationship automatically approve the estimate. So I wait. Within 30 minutes, the adjuster calls.....confirms the priority relationship and tells me to go ahead and have the car looked at downtown. Gee, I was impressed.....it even shut up you know who!!!! BTW, he accused me of being selfish for taking 35 minutes to do my WW tape this am ("you had plenty of time for yourself!". And my bus died this am......battery went dead at the elementary school.Thankfully, I was empty and ready to return to the garage for my few off hours.The mechanics (bless them!) got my luxury vehicle started and got me back to the garage. This afternoon, complete with 3 new batteries and a new alternator, I was happily back on the road. Ok, Dh was not such a total monster......and yes this accident has been stressful.....but golly, can I get a break???? Please.
Nuff of me bellyachin'!!!!!

Kerry, I hope you got to Curves and that ankle feels ok.

Robyn- our class clown here......we just love you lots and love to "see" you smiling! Big hugs.

Summer- how did the party go???? How is SB working out for you....you feeling better?

Mouse-hope you had a nice rest with Imp.........well, hopefully on your bed! And this week is a nightmare for you, right? Things don't slow down until Sunday? Post when you can.....if you can't stop in, I hope your Thanksgiving is a happy one. Any news on your father?

Past my bedtime ladies....I just showed up here for a short hello. Have a great nite.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:00 PM   #37  
burned out bus driver

Gee, am I a creep- just skimmed the other posts and saw two things, Kerry congrats on your new clothes. I am so happy for you. And Robyn- your week was torture....makes all my stuff look trivial. Love you lots.....glad to see that you are doing better.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #38  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Yesterday must have been the day for bad days. My students were hyper and out of control behavior wise. I had to call one parent on her son's behavior. Then one of my students wouldn't come in after it started to rain. I was so glad to see the equipment at Curves last night. Then I came home to my dh being in a bad mood over something his bil did to his sister. So there fore he tried to start in on me and my weight. I just walked away from him and went about doing my own stuff. Then he asked me right before I went to bed why I wasn't really talking to him or wanted to be around him. I said that I just needed to be alone and regroup after my day at school. Plus I didn't want to be around someone who wanted to point out my faults when I already had a rough day at school. He said that he was just picking on me.
Ginny hope your day goes better. You must feel very good about standing up for yourself. It kinds of feels empowering when I stand up for myself to certain people.
Sorry to hear about your bus problems yesterday. I hope that your day today goes better.
Summer, Mouse and Robyn I hope that your week is going well.
I best go. My break time is over here in a few minutes. Wish me luck tonight, I have to go to TOPS tonight. I am hoping that I have a loss. I have worked hard this week to watch my eating and working out w/o over doing it w/my ankle.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 11-23-2004, 12:23 PM   #39  
KAR

Well ladies I have been given the ulimate food challenge today. The kindergartne and 6th grades had lunch feasts here at school. So I got to see and smell all the good treats that goes along with Thanksgiving. Plus the cooks made Thanksgiving meals. I didn't eat any of it. I stuck with my lunch I brought to school today. I even have to sit through my students' party this afternoon. But I just keep looking at the food labels and that gets me in check with my weight loss goals.
Well I best go since my little angels will be back from recess soon.
Have a great day!
Kerry
Old 11-23-2004, 03:12 PM   #40  
KAR

I made it through my kids' party without eating any of their goods. Yeah for me!
Hope everyone's day is going great! I am offically on vacation at 4:30 this afternoon until next Tuesday morning. Yeah!!
Old 11-23-2004, 08:09 PM   #41  
Swimming Mouse

I've been gone again. On Sunday night, Gateway blew away my Windows configuration in their latest attempt to troubleshoot my laptop. His instructions to me were to use the hardware reset button on the back of the computer; bad idea. It corrupted my internet access (TCP/IP), and my USB ports. That meant I couldn't even back up my data because my external harddrive is a USB hook-up. So I yelled at him for a few minutes, he got his supervisor, and they FINALLY processed the request for the new case. So I spent last night with Tech Support, and we were able to reinstall the USB drivers, so I did a quickie back up then wiped the harddrive completely and had it back-up from the external last night, over night.
The result being I got up late yesterday and today because I stayed up so late.
I missed the gym both days because I really need my computer functional. The new case arrived today, but the box was all dented in... so I called Gateway to report that. The new laptop chassis was okay, though. Then they wanted me to pay for them to walk me through setting up the new system. I don't need them! For pity's sake, why does everybody think women are clueless about computers?
Today during school was the set-up for the Festival of Trees. On Monday, our school's brand-new lift van died, which meant that our two students who use wheelchairs couldn't go. And we had to run a shuttle service to and from the fairgrounds so all 15 kids plus all the staff we needed could go. One of the kids has to have a nurse with him off-campus because he is diabetic and never shows signs of high or low blood sugar till its too late.
We got out there, and they weren't ready to have use do half the jobs we'd signed up to do, so we had to scramble. Then some of the kids had little melt-downs because their structure had changed and the development group wasn't going to give them pizza for lunch. They did give them the pizza, but I don't think they should have, honestly... Things change, things happen. You know?
We only had one accident: one of the kids who uses a cane (as it happens, its our diabetic student), accidently leaned/sat on a table and two of the gingerbread houses went flying. He lost it completely, but did sort of get himself back together just before we left.
I also found out I'm getting a new student in my homeroom. Nobody ever told me until today, and he's starting on Monday! I'm also getting at least one other new student in my 3rd period class. The student in my homeroom will go into my 7th period class. Both classes are at 12 students or 13 students now. My lead teacher is going to try and shuffle some kids around so we can get the classes down to 8 or 9.
And you all know I was asked to present at the Council for Exceptional Children convention: my principal told me yesterday that my being accepted as a presenter does not obligate the school to pay for the conference fee. Its $250!
I so need a part-time job or more money from somewhere... between the medical bills (the nutrionist does not take insurance, although the insurance company may reimburse part of the fee after the fact), and things like the conference, I'm totally broke. The nutrionist is like $125, conference is $250... my student loan company has decided that I can resume making payments, too.
Ginny: Glad the DD car is getting fixed/better.
Kudos to all on the Thanksgiving dinner misses. Ours was today, but I was off-campus. I had pizza with the kids. Oh, and here's a funny. When the pizza arrived, the nurse said, "I'll go get X and Mark." Mark is my supervisor. But I looked at the other two staff with me and said, "Who's Mark? We didn't bring anybody named Mark with us, did we?" They both looked at me and just stared in amazement. I had completely forgotten my supervisor!
Yes, tomorrow is our last day. I'm off Thursday and Friday. I'm going to come back sometime Saturday afternoon/evening. My father was moved to the rehab floor, but I can't find the number for the hospital main switchboard again, so I'm not sure where he is. I think this time I want to talk to his social worker at rehab... I'm not entirely sure he should be released from the hospital rehab unit to home.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:43 PM   #42  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Drum roll please I lost 1 3/4 pounds last week. I was co-loser of the week for my TOPS group tonight. So I came home and celebrated by watching the Biggest Loser ( love that show) and then worked out for a half hour. 15 minutes on the gazelle and 15 on my bike. I am determined to lose again next week. I would like to reach the year 2005 as a lighter me.
Mouse, sounds like you had a busy,hetic day. Were you ready to pull out your hair by the end of your fieldtrip? I haven't taken my kids on a trip yet this year. I think we might go see the movie Polar Express in Dec. with the 5th grade classes. I hope you are able to catch up on your sleep over the next few days.
Ginny how is the car situation going? Is it on the way to being fixed? I hope your dh has stopped being a grump. Do you have to work tomorrow? I hope you are able to find the time to do your WW or walking tapes and don't let anyone talk you out of doing them.
Summer kuddos on your great success with SB. How are you feeling today? Are the feelings of edginess going away? Is that a result of reducing your carbs and shocking your body? Hope you are able to find time to relax.
Robyn, how are you holding up,sweetie? I hope this week has been going smoothier for you. So do you have big plans for your days off other than catching up on your sleep?
Well I best be off to check email before I head to dreamland.
Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 11-24-2004, 07:20 PM   #43  
KAR

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!!
I hope you all have a wonderful time with your families tomorrow. I am going to try very hard to not over eat tomorrow.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 11-24-2004, 07:42 PM   #44  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Okay, I need to vent, or somebody's gonna get hurt.

Let me begin with Little Mrs. Susie Homemaker (the Brownie leader from ****). Remember the uniform that got ruined by permanent fabric paint and how she tried to clean it with tar remover? Well, whatever the f*ck she did to get the paint off the skort, I can't get the cleaner stains or the strong odor out...not to mention the fact that the brown from the skort keeps on running. I gave up and tossed it. DD now has a new uniform. Screw it. Anyway, Little Mrs. Susie Homemaker had made a request for me to send a smock in. Being a busy WORKING MOTHER, I hadn't gotten around to sending one yesterday, and I wasn't really concerned since all they were supposed to be doing was eating a Thanksgiving feast. Anything from the feast would have been washed out by Shout. Well, when DD arrived in a new uniform, Little Mrs. Susie Homemaker was OFFENDED that DD wasn't wearing the old destroyed one that the GENEROUS MARTYR Little Mrs. Susie Homemaker herself had scrubbed with tar remover. And when she found out that I had not sent in the smock as she ordered me to, she flipped out on my friend who drops DD off for me. She asked my friend to change DD into her spare clothes that I keep in her backpack. My friend looked at Little Mrs. Susie Homemaker like she was nuts and told DD to change her shirt herself, since she is after all, 7 years old (and has been dressing herself for 4 years!). But my friend didn't make DD change her uniform pants, so I got a very nasty email about how the leaders don't want to be held responsible for ruining another uniform. FIRST OF ALL, IF I REALLY HELD THEM RESPONSIBLE, I WOULD HAVE DEMANDED THAT THEY PAY FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF THE UNIFORM. Did I do that? NO. Even the owner of the uniform shop I bought the new uniform in told me that the council should have paid for a new uniform. However, I hate to make waves, so I sucked it up. But now with this *****'s attitude, I wish I had. So I emailed her back that I was confident that Shout would remove food and that in the past, Shout has gotten out ALL of DD's school stains...basically because teachers know not to use any art supplies that are PERMANENT. God, I want to strangle Little Mrs. Susie Homemaker!!!

Next,

I have a student who is very intelligent and in the past has been very well behaved. However, lately he has become aggressive and his father laughs it off. I am dealing with it. Unfortunately, the boy slips up once in a while. When I was out for my biopsy, the substitute had trouble controlling the class, and the boy hit JJ. Well, JJ's parents FLIPPED. It was discussed at length at parent/teacher conferences. They totally overreacted. Then in line to come into school, the boy took JJ's hat and was teasing him. JJ's father FLIPPED again and almost got physical with the boy's father. Every time, the boy has been put in time-out and lost his chance of earning a prize. Yesterday, the boy hit JJ with a soft rubber block. I mean it was almost a light tap, but I put the boy in time-out right away to let him know that no matter what, he shouldn't hit...even if it doesn't hurt. I reported it to JJ's parents. This time JJ's father went to the principal and raised ****. The principal explained that they are just learning how to behave in preschool, and that I have been disciplining the boy effectively. Then the mom said that I should teach them how to behave. I explained that we spent an entire month on rules, routines, etc. She acted as if I am negligent. Thankfully, my principal was very supportive of me and thinks they are nuts. I just want to scream at them and tell them to get a grip and take a f*cking chill pill.

I'll be back in a sec.
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:48 PM   #45  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey ya'll! TGIW!!!! What a week! BUTTTT it is over! Hotdamnandhallelujuah!

Tomorrow when I list my blessings and all that I'm thankful for....
each of you will be on my list! Thanks for all of your support,
kindness and understanding! You guys are THE best! Thanks for
being a great cybergang!

Have a wonderful holiday. Don't eat tooooo much AND don't forget
to relax a bit too! When we return, we will be ready to plunge into
the December madness! Yahooo! (Oh and I nearly forgot.... I get to
do jury duty again! yehhhhawwww!)

take care!
(((hugs)))
meeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote