Old 11-23-2004, 10:28 PM   #106  

Hello ladies! Can I join in? I've been reading through all the messages here and you all seem to be a great group. Here's some info on me: I'm 33 yrs. old; live in Texas; I have 1 son who's 7yrs. old; I have a wonderful boyfriend who tells me how beautiful I am every day and appreciates my voluptuous figure (which doesn't help me feel like I need to lose weight! lol) I work full-time, go to school part-time; I've been a regular exerciser for 6 yrs, my latest routine is to do Pilates 3-4 times a week and I also walk/run 5 or 6 days a week for about 50 minutes a day during my lunch break plus bike riding etc. with the kiddo; I'm doing the South Beach diet (again). Low-carb seems to be the thing that works for me. I lost 30 lbs doing a strict low-carb a few years ago, but couldn't stick to it. I ended up gaining it all back plus some. Since then I've roller coastered some more, but this time I really want to find eating habits I can live with. I've battled my weight all my life since puberty, but it was when I hit my mid-twenties that I started to steadily gain every year. My present stats are:

Started out at 210lbs Nov. 1, 2004.
Currently weigh 202 lbs. (I've been here for over almost 2 weeks)
Goal weight is: 140 lbs.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! And don't give in when mom puts the pies right in front of you! lol

Lisa
ittybit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:48 PM   #107  
crazy4my6kidz

Unhappy Bad Food Day!

Good Evening Beauties! How is everyone? I had a great day shopping with my daughter, I can't remember the last time I was in the mall! My food choices for the day was not wonderful We stopped at Krispy Kreme first thing this morning and I had 1/2 of a pumpkin spice cake donut(really good! and I really only had 1/2!) Then lunch -we went to the Olive Garden-oh so good!- I had a large serving of Ceasar salad, 2 bread sticks, then my younger daughter and I shared our lunch entree's, I had lasagne and she had chicken alfredo. Then on the way home I ate another bread stick Dinner was another bad meal-fried steak, salad w/ff dressing, 2! baked potatoes w/butter and light sour cream. I feel like a stuffed !!! But I could go eat another potato! I have to stay out of the kitchen!! Enough about food!!!!!!!

Lori and Bandit2, great weight loss! Keep it up!

Lisa, welcome to the group, we are the Bulging Beauties, and we welcome everyone! It's a long, hard journey and we need all the support we can get!

Rebecca and Carol---WHERE ARE YOU???GET BACK HERE!!! we miss you

Well, I'm going to take a hot bath and try to forget about food!

For those on WW-Can you just go to a meeting and buy the materials? I am in another thread where the girl has lost almost 80 lbs but never went to a meeting!! I am very interested because I can not afford the meetings(25 miles away) and they don't offer the "at home" program where I am. Just curious!

Good night all! Peace,
Kathy
gfmomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:09 PM   #108  

Talking

You know Kathy, I was telling my office mate today that I think being on a "healthy eating program" is kind of a catch 22. It's kind of hard not to think about food when to be successful on your diet..oops! sorry... "healthy eating" lifestyle you HAVE to think about food ALL OF THE TIME! Do you agree? And don't feel too bad about your splurge day, I think to be successful at this everyone needs a splurge day on occassion. Just as long as it doesn't turn into a splurge week! My big weakness is Starbucks. I love it! And my boyfriend works there so he can get me free drinks. NOT a good thing for my "healthy eating lifestyle". lol. Oh, and can someone tell me how to get those ticker things on here? I tried to do it, but the only thing that shows up is the line it says to copy? Hmmm...
I'm a Bulging Beauty! Yea!
Old 11-23-2004, 11:49 PM   #109  

Hey Lori- I feel your pain girl. 20 lbs is good dent, but like you said its not much on someone who has a long way to go. However, 20 lbs is something to proud of. Just be proud knowing that your clothes are getting bigger and your body is getting healthier. None of my close friends or co workers have noticed that Ive gone down 2 sizes and lost 30 inches off my bod. However, I saw a friend I hadnt seen in months and she noticed right away that I was slimming down. Keep up the good work and be proud. Youre doing this for you and for your health not for anyone else. keep ur head up woman!

N
piink rockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:37 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Lori, I agree with pink rockz.
I only lost inches; but, I have a fake window that I can see my refection before I get on the scales. I can tell by glancing in that window. No one else can tell yet b/c I'm too big. Maybe when I lose 40, they might see a dent. I don't worry so much about them anymore, it's me I have to live with. If I start exercising again, I will see more difference in my body than my weight. This week I am exhausted getting my home ready for company. A form of exercise. Carol
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:53 AM   #111  
tired of being fat

Default Good Morning Beauties

And how are you all doing today?

Bandit-- Way to go with your loss Keep up the great work .

Lisa-- Welcome aboard! The more the merrier. We pick goals for ourselves for the week on Mondays. Choose something that you could stick with, like 3 to 4 days of excersize, drinking all you water, stuff like that. Then on the next monday let us know how you did. Including your weight loss or inches lost. Then you pick another goal for the next week.
By the way, I also love Starbucks, but in the summer more so then the winter. I really like the ice drinks. A NO_NO right now though.

Kathy-- Glad to hear that you had a great time with your daughter. Its always nice to go shopping. As far as the food, forget about it and focus on today. Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow try to really get your water in and watch what your eating today and the rest of the week.
I am on WW and will find out about the books at my next meeting on Monday.

Piink and Carol-- Thank you for the encouraging words. They really helped.I am better today, just had a bit of a meltdown yesterday . Again thanks.

Has anyone heard form Rebecca ? She needs to get back here.

As for me, I am back on track with being proud of myself again. I also have tomorrow planned as best as I can with the food. I am making the 1 point pumpkin pie for myself and anyone else who wants to try it. But my evil mother (only kidding) is bringing real pumpkin pie and apple pie for everyone else. Just pray for me so that I don't take the pies and hide in a room and eat them all myself. My mother is a really good pie maker.

Well, it is time to get moving and start cleaning up and making a pie.
Also going to get a workout in today, since I haven't done any this week yet.
Hope you all have a great (and healthy) day tomorrow. I will check in tomorrow night after everyone leaves. Might even be back here later to see if Sarge made it back.

TTFN
Lori
umma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:43 AM   #112  

Default Good Morning everyone!

Ok, so I'm a little late joining in but I'd like to state my goal for the week is to drink my 8 glasses of water (or more) everyday for the week. I've been slacking off in that dept.
Lori, I also feel your pain about no one noticing your weight loss. 20lbs should be noticable, but it is hard for people who see you everyday to notice. Once when I lost 15 lbs one of the ladies I worked with saw me standing outside her office and told me I looked thinner, but it took her a while to notice! No one else did. So don't be discouraged! I was thinking of taking periodic pictures of myself to hang up on the fridge side by side as the weight comes off for inspriration.
I'm going to start cooking today also. My little sister makes the pies so I don't have to worry about that. My weakness is the bread, so I got some of those new Pillsbury lower carb rolls. Ok everybody! Buck up! We CAN get through tomorrow without eating ourselves into an extra 5 lbs! I have faith in us!
Lisa
Old 11-24-2004, 10:56 AM   #113  
crazy4my6kidz

Smile Good Morning!

Good Morning Beauties! It is a beautiful, cloudy, cold day here in Idaho! May even get some snow before the day is over! Those who have read my Rant post know I don't like the cold, but I am going to be HAPPY today! I have some pies to bake and nothing else! I am so glad I am not cooking this Thanksgiving! Good luck to those who have to cook, if you're like me, you have to taste everything!! This year, make someone else the ginea pig!!

Lori-I'm with you! I love pie! Just remember, you don't have to eat it all at once, it will not be the last pie you ever eat! I know how you feel about people not noticing your weight loss. I did have two women at church comment after I lost 20 but that is because I lost in the face(and the boobs! ) My husband is very supportive and is trying to lose weight also, but says he can't see where I've lost weight!!(EXCEPT the boobs!!!! ) Just makes me want to scream! Oh well, soon, soon, they will all see the results of my evil plan!! hahaha
And thanks, I did have a great time with my daughter! I will not let the food take away from that!!

Lisa-OOOH the bread!!! I'll have to look for those rolls today and take them with me!! And yes, we can get through tomorrow!!!!

I haven't listed my goals for the week either, but I'm making them simple!! Drink my water, exercise if I can and gain NO weight. I'm not concentrating on losing any, just not gaining! I still haven't got measured, but will post when I do.

Hope everyone has a great day, I will try to pop back in later!

REBECCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHERE ARE YOU?????????

Peace,
Kathy
Old 11-24-2004, 11:09 AM   #114  
crazy4my6kidz

Talking The Italian Pasta Diet

ITALIAN PASTA DIET

IT REALLY WORKS !!

1) You walka pasta da bakery.

2) You walka pasta da candy store.

3) You walka pasta da Ice Cream shop.

4) You walka pasta da table and fridge.

and my own addition-You walka pasta da unhealthy, fat food tomorrow!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 12:56 PM   #115  

Default Can I join?

I need some weight loss buddies. I started WW 5 weeks ago and have only managed to lose 6.6 pounds. I'm fixing to be 41 next month, have 1 child a girl age 12 and a hubby that I love and he is wonderful but not support at all!
Well he thinks he is, but every time I turn around he is wanting to buy junk food. I'm the type if its not here I won't go at to get it. So I try not to buy it, so I won't eat it. And now that the holiday is here I need even more support.
ambytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:58 PM   #116  
crazy4my6kidz

Thumbs up 24 Things to Always Remember

24 Things to Always Remember

Your presence is a present to the world.
You're unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be.
Take the days just one at a time.

Count your blessings, not your troubles.
You'll make it through whatever comes along.
Within you are so many answers.
Understand, have courage, be strong.

Don't put limits on yourself.
So many dreams are waiting to be realized.
Decisions are too important to leave to chance.
Reach for your peak, your goal, your prize.

Nothing wastes more energy than worrying.
The longer one carries a problem, the heavier it gets.
Don't take things too seriously.
Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.

Remember that a little love goes a long way
Remember that a lot...goes forever.
Remember that friendship is a wise investment.
Life's treasures are people...together.

Realize that it's never too late.
Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Have health and hope and happiness.
Take time to wish upon a star.
And don't ever forget...for even a day...
how very special you are.

by: Collin McCarty
Old 11-24-2004, 01:23 PM   #117  
crazy4my6kidz

Smile Welcome ambytes!

Welcome to the Bulging Beauties! We want everyone to join us!

Okay, your hubby needs to be sat down and shown the ugly truth! Weight can kill! Does he want you to be around for awhile, or does he want some junk food in the house? I had to put it that way to my hubby and children(and my dad!!). My hubby has now come around(except for chocolate cravings!!) and is losing weight with me, my kids are driving me crazy !! They want all the junk. I told them they will end up like me, dad, aunts and uncle(I have an ex brother in law who is over 400 lbs) if they continue the way we were all eating. It's not healthy, our bodies weren't made to consume that much sugar and fat. If you can't sit him down and talk to him like that then you just need to be strong in yourself and know that YOU are helping you! Love yourself enough to do this for you first, then for them. If you slip once in awhile(I did yesterday), don't beat yourself up, just start again tomorrow with a little more exercise and a little more self control!! Come here for moral support, it helps tremendously to see others stumbling along too! Our ultimate goal is to be healthy, and we will all reach that goal!!

Peace,
Kathy

Again, welcome to the group!!
Old 11-24-2004, 01:24 PM   #118  
tired of being fat

Default thats was great

Kathy,
What a great pick me up. Thank you for posting that. It did me good.

Ambytes-- We have always said the more the merrier. Welcome to the group. Pick a small goal to work on this week. We check in on Mondays with our results from our goals and our weight loss. We are also starting with measurements for anyone that want to do that. We make goals for the week every Monday but since it is Wednesday already, just pick something you can handle. We are also here during the week for any rants, support, motivation, etc.

Going now to do mty workout.

TTFN Lori
Old 11-24-2004, 01:29 PM   #119  
tired of being fat

Default pumpkin pie

Kathy I just wanted to thank you once more for the recipe for the pumpkin pie. I just finished baking it and can't wait till tomorrow to eat it.
Anyway how are you doing with the flu? Feeling better I hope?
Have a great day
Lori
Old 11-24-2004, 02:31 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Welcome to Lisa & Alysia!

Kathy - I agree with ittybit about the splurge. It's gonna happen "occasionally" is the key. But remember tomorrow is a new day, a new start, a new attitude. So, starting
right now - get back on track & congrats on how far you have already come. You are doing great!

Loris - I totally agree with pink rockz & Carol. When I started losing some weight a few thought I had changed my hair, which wasn't the case at all & they thought I had new glasses. As long as you realize how great you are doing - that is important.
But I know how you feel & some people might notice but not say anything if they feel you are sensitive about it or they may even be a little envious. Anyway - congrats to you & keep up the good work.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all of you - enjoy your day. Bye for now.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote