Old 11-12-2004, 12:59 AM   #46  
crazy4my6kidz

Default How is everyone?

Been MIA for a day or two, seems like things just pile up around here! Everything is going good, got one day of exercise in!! 2 more to go(PLUS an extra 10 minutes for Sarge!!) Good to see more people joining in! The more the merrier!
Hubby is still doing good, I just have to remember that he is taller and weighs more(not by much) and can have more calories than me!! If I could get him to drink more water we would be on the ball!!
Can someone far away from me(I'm in Idaho) please give me their address so I can send them my scale and once a week send it back to me? I can't stay off the darn thing!! It is there always, saying just take a peek! Then I get very discouraged if it stays the same or goes up from yesterday. I firmly told my hubby to only weigh once a week and then I get on it everyday. I promise to stay off of it until Monday! Really, really, really!!
Well, time to go to bed, gotta get up with hubby in the morning!
Peace,
Kathy
gfmomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:15 PM   #47  

Talking

Hi everyone. How's your Friday going? Kathy, you are to stay off of that scale until Monday! I think you have found yourself a goal for next week. I know it's soooo hard, but try not to be controlled by the scale. You'll increase the risk of falling into old habits if you don't get the results you want. And the stinker is you could be gaining muscle and losing fat but it won't show on your scale. I can't believe I've lasted all week without checking myself. But I can feel a difference. I don't feel as bloated.

I learned to like Diet Sprite and Diet Sierra Mist. I have NEVER been a diet drinker. I can't believe I like them. But it's a nice alternative to my sugar-filled Pepsi. It's nice to be able to have a soda (pop for westerners) and not worry that much.

Last night the hospital fed us. I had a turkey wrap. It was so good. But then they gave us a cookie and bag of chips. I didn't have too much guilt since everything was in moderation. Oh, those cookies. And I don't even eat them that much. But chocolate chip cookies are out to get me! The supervisor gave me 2 extra cookies but I decided to give them to my kids. And for the record, you all may have to suffer with 10 extra minutes due to my moment of weakness, but too bad! Lori, watch it or you'll get 15! No back talking the Sarge!

I was able to get a precious 3 1/2 hours of sleep in this morning. But I work again tonight. My daughter is sick and we're heading to the MD's. So, I won't be napping until this evening. I'll try to be good at work tonight. I sometimes get massive cravings for soda when at work. I've always used work as an excuse but no more. I know you grunts won't let me get away with it. Anyone else work 3rd shift?

Oh, Kathy, I forgot. I want you to consider having your husband hide the scale from you for the week. I had my husband do that once. But I'm thinking you're a very stong woman and will learn not to give into temptation.

Well, gals. I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a healthy night.

PS. Pray for me...it's raining and that always brings the babies!
Bulging2Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #48  
tired of being fat

Default Happy Friday

Hello everyone, and happy friday. Well, let me start by saying that I have done my second workout for the week and the extra 10 minutes today. I am going to try to get in another workout before monday.

I also started talking to an old friend again and she invited us out to dinner for tomorrow night. I was a bit nervous at first because I wasn't sure where she wanted to go but we agreed on Applebees since it has a points menu for me. I am doing WW. So hopefully I don't blow it and eat every fried thing they make. I really have been doing good with counting my points and don't want to blow it.
I wanted to share with all of you my new found joy. BROWNIES..... But they are the good kind, fat free. I made them into cupcake sizes and got 12 of them out of the mix. For me they are only 2 points a serving. They are called
No Pudge Fudge Brownie Mix. All you do is add 2/3 cup vanilla non fat yogurt to them. So for any one who is counting calories or fat or anything else here are the numbers for them per serving.
Calories- 110
Calories from fat- 0
Total fat- 0
Cholesterol- 0
Sodium- 120 mg
Total Carbohydrates- 27 g
Dietary fiber- less tehn 1 g
Sugars- 17 g
Protien- 2 g

They are sooooooo yummy. Even my kids love them. So , I thought I would share them with you all.

Well, time to get back to straightening up. Gotta work tonight

Have a happy and healthy night and weekend.

Lori
umma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:41 PM   #49  

Grrr. That darn exercise thing! I got on here just to get a little pick me up for a fudged day. Seeing everyone else talking about their goal is making me feel guilty for slacking on mine. I'm going to finish this up and jump on the treadmill. I did peek at the scale this morning. I had weighed myself a few days ago (before joining you all) and had some water weight. Today when I put my pants on they were loose! I had to see what the difference was! Scale only showed I had lost water weight plus 1 lb. Not anything to shout about, but it encouraged me to see that the gain really was just water. I have almost finished my water for the day, and should have no problem finishing before bed. Since I get up with my baby during the night I don't worry to much about the hour I finish up.
I started out the day motivated and positive I could conquer the overeating and emotional roller coasters, I didn't. I'm discouraged, and at the same time I'm trying to keep in mind that even though I didn't have a perfect day, I'm doing so much better than I was a few weeks ago. I eat a little less, I excercise a little more, I drink a lot more. The food I snack on is almost always a healthier choice. I'm cooking for my family again, and we are eating around the table. I've pulled myself out of a pit and though I have a long way to go, I'm no longer sliding backwards like I had been. (I had a friend help me see that I was fighting some post-partum depression.)
You guys are great! It is a big help to keep in mind that there are others here challenging me to stay focused and to meet some goals.
Gotta jump on the treadmill before I hit the sack, night all
Jenn
luvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:36 AM   #50  
tired of being fat

Default keep a positive attitude

Hey Jenn,
As long as you keep a possitive attitude then things will change for you. It sounds like your doing a great job so far with all the improving that you have listed already. Then when you get discouarged....before eating the bad things, just sign onto here and read a few stories. It always helps me. Plus knowing that I have some people that I can talk with about the same problem always help. I know I'm not alone, and neither are you. Up untill about 9 weeks ago, I would come home from work, knowing that I needed to lose weight, and eat a pint of Ben and Jerrys ice cream. Then I came onto this site again and read so many success stories that I knew I could do the same thing. All you have to do is keep your ming going in the right direction. You also have to know that if you have a bad day, then just forgive yourself and start again on the very next day, or as soon as you realize it was a bad day.
Things will get easier. And we are all here to help.

Everyone else (and you too Jenn)
Hope all is well and everyone is doing what Sarge says (wink). I am going to get some sleep now. Not long till Monday and reporting in.

Have a healthy day.

Lori
Old 11-13-2004, 12:09 PM   #51  
tired of being fat

Default seeing if I can figure out this ticker thing

Just wanted to see if I did this right

Old 11-14-2004, 04:08 AM   #52  

Smile One More Day

BE SURE TO READ THE END OF THIS POST!

I hope your weekend is going well. I just wanted to check in before Monday. I happened to be up at this hour since my head is so clogged. I just finished taking a hot shower, felt some wonderful relief, then took the dog outside and now one nostril is clogged again. Ugh. I need to dust, change sheets, kick the cat out from sleeping next to my head, etc. (Yes, even Sarge whines at times.) Oh well, I was sleeping since 5:30 last evening so I guess I can't complain too much. At least I got some sleep since it didn't happen after getting home from work yesterday. Now my son has strep throat. He was pretty sick yesterday. My daughter had the starts of it but is feeling much better. Sorry, enough about us.

Jenn, I'm glad to hear you were motivated to exercise. How did you do on the treadmill? Did you have a hard time getting to sleep after that? Do you have a set routine at all? You're making good decisions with your food. Most of all, thank your friend for helping you see PPD. I won't stay on this kick after this sentence, but just talk to your care provider if you think you're still in the midst of it. Exercise, eating healthier and some sense of routine (which is a chore in itself) will definately help, which I'm sure you already know. You've got our support. Hang in there! Lori is right, coming to this site is so inspiring and helpful. I know I can't count on everyone for an encouraging word, funny thought or story and a kick in the can. Remember how wonderful it felt when you put on those loose pants? Keep focusing on that, no matter what the scale says.

Lori, I'm proud that you've done your extra 10 minutes. You rock! How did dinner go? I hope you had a nice time.

How are you all doing with your goals? Start thinking about next week's goal. It can have nothing to do with poundage. I don't want to hear I'll lose this much or be this much by next Monday. Focus away from the scale for now. Remember, as a wise woman said (Shirley), it didn't go on in one day, it won't come off in one day. I've had such a calm about not stepping on the scale. Now, we'll see how calm I am on Monday. LOL, Sarge may have to hand her baton over to someone to use on me!

Ok, there's got to be a word limit which I'm sure I'm fast approaching. My fingers rattle on as much as my mouth. Keep the faith. We're in this together. We can do it! Ya'll are my inspriration to keep going this time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

MONDAY Please Post: 1) If you accomplished your goal, 2) -/=/+ changes in weight, 3) The one thing you're most proud of doing this past week, and 4) your goal for next week. Does this sound too corny? Please let me know. What helps me may not be helpful for you and I don't want to turn anyone off.

Take care and thanks for letting me vent. A little sleep is a dangerous thing for me.

Last edited by Bulging2Much; 11-14-2004 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:46 AM   #53  
tired of being fat

Default The day before

Well today is the last day to get in any goal that we have set for ouselves. Yesterday I got in another 30 minute workout. THen we went to dinner. And I am very proud of myself. I DID NOT BINGE. I stuck to my points. I had a nice dinner and dessert and even had a couple points left over for some midnight munchies. (which I had at like 10 and then went to bed cause I was tired) All in all I had a good night.

Sarge, sorry to hear that you are stuffy, and your son is sick. Hope everyone gets better soon. How old are your kids? Its always hard, no matter how old they are, to see them sick. Oh yea, are you staying away from those cookies?

Everyone else, hope all is well. I must go clean again. I really wish I was rich enough to have someone else do it for me. But then again it is some moving around which turns into exercise somewhat.

Well, have a healthy day all.

Lori

Old 11-15-2004, 09:46 AM   #54  
tired of being fat

Default Its Monday

Hello everyone......where are you?

Well, it is Monday and I am here to report that I did accomplish my goal this week. Got my 3 workout days in and also did my extra 10 minutes for Sarge.
Not sure what my weigh in is yet today. I go to my WW meeting tonight to get weighed in and I really go by their scale since I think mine needs new batteries (its digital) and says some really strange weights latly. Although that could be a good thing since I am a scale watcher.
OK, so my goal this week.....I am going to stay off of that scale. Going to put it in the closet and not take it out. (or at least thats what I am going to try to do) I am also going to get in anohter 3 days of workouts. I am buying workout tapes from WW tonight so that I have different things to do. I really am hoping for a tread mill for Christmas.
Well, Im ust get going for now, Hubby is home with a toothache today. Going to start a big pot of soup for dinner tonight, so he can eat.
Hope to hear ALL of your reports soon. I will post tonight with my weigh in.

Have a healthy day.

Lori
Old 11-15-2004, 09:55 AM   #55  

Thumbs up Sarge Checking In

Lori, way to go meeting your goal for last week! Good job. I think not stepping on the scale is a great idea. It's tough but if I managed to do it, you can. Let us know what your weight is. Also, I think that's great that you're buying tapes. Variety is good.

As for me:

Goal- Met! I actually added 2 extra walks (which included the 10 extra minutes). One day of Curves, the rest was walking the dog.

Weight- I lost 3.5 pounds this week.

Goal for next week-Exercise 4 days, at least 2 being at Curves. (I actually got up at 6:00am and went this morning.) Also, 25 crunches per day this week.

Hope to hear from everyone else soon! Have a great week. Thanks for hanging in there with me, everyone. I appreciate your posts. It's so helpful to hear how others are doing.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:34 PM   #56  

Default Cookie Dough Got Me Again!!!

It got me again! And it tastes better this week than last! Oh, what to do?!
Old 11-15-2004, 04:29 PM   #57  
tired of being fat

Default step away from the cookie dough

Ok here goes.....for every bite of cookie dough you had, add another 10 minutes exercise, or 10 crunches this week. Maybe if you think about all the extra excersice you won't want to eat it anymore. How old are your kids? Old enough to make the cookies themselves? You can beat this. You have will power. I know you do.

Well, I asked my husband that when I go to my WW meeting to hide the scale so that I can not find it. Although we are not in a big house and I know most hiding places, I am hoping out of site out of mind.

Enough for now....still waiting to hear from everyone else on how their week went.
Have a healthy day.
Lori
Old 11-15-2004, 05:33 PM   #58  

Uugghh, I haven't lost anything! (I lost 2 pounds mid week when I snuck a peek, but I've got them back!) I did not meet my workout goal. I had planned on taking the kids on a long walk yesterday afternoon, but I had a sick kid, then I got hit with some wierd bug. I was so dizzy for about 6 hours that I had to hold the walls to stay upright. I fell to the floor while cooking dinner and DH had to help me get up because I kept falling over everytime I started to stand. Scary stuff ! However, I was way more active this week than usual. I played more with the kids, and I'm turning an upstairs room into a schoolroom so I ran up and down the stairs at least 10 more times than usual each day, I also went on a cleaning frenzy on Sat. I drank all of my water every day except 1. And today I went to a buffet with my mom. Since I had to do 3 rounds to the bathroom with kids, and 4 rounds to the food bar with kids, my food had plenty of time to get to my tummy. I doubt I ate half of what I've been known to eat at those places! Yeah me! (can it be a yeah me when it wasn't really my discipline that accomplished it??)
I'm noticing a big change in the way I'm thinking. More and more often I hear myself say "When I lose the weight" and not "If I lose the weight". I growled at the scale this morning (literally ) but I didn't whine about it, or let it ruin my day.
For this week. 1) Continue drinking 64 oz of water daily. 2.) Excercise: 3 times this week, and do toning 3 times. Plus I'll match that 25 a day on abs! 3.) Stop eating by 8:00 4.) Eat everything at the table. I eat a lot less when I have to sit at the table with my food!
This is doable for me, but definitely a challenge! I've got to get busy, I haven't even had half of my water yet today thanks to being gone most of the day.

Jenn

(My hubby is so excited about the new attitude that he asked me how long before we have the next babe! I told him I really want to hit 150 or less and get Samantha sleeping through the night. My new schoolroom may have to turn back into a bedroom for baby #5 )
luvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 06:20 PM   #59  

Default I'm rubbing off on Lori!

Jenn, are you sure you're not pregnant now? I had vertigo, or what they thought was a virus affecting my inner ears, and it was horrible. I never want to feel that way again. You have my sympathy on that. Jenn, I'm so proud of you! Do you realize you're telling us about the positive changes you made this past week, and also next week, and didn't let the scale get you down. I can tell you have a new mindset. And isn't it great your hubby noticed as well? I think it's great. Don't get so caught up in the scale. You know you have work to do this week. You clearly set your goals and I know you'll achieve them. Keep concentrating on the positive.

Lori, I know who should be promoted to 5 star general! Now, what do you consider a bite? I haven't had as many baked cookies as last week. But you're just what I needed. I will do 10, no 15 extra crunches a day. Man, I can't get away with anything. Next you'll have me scrubbing the floor with a toothbrush! My daughter is 10 and my son will be 6 on Thursday. My birthday is on Wednesday. We've already started to celebrate with a little party last night.(I won't tell you that I had cake last night and a peice this morning.) I'm glad you asked your husband to hide the scale. When the urge strikes, think of how ridiculous you'll look hunting through the house for a scale. Do you want that little thing to have that much power over you?

I'm worried that we haven't heard from anyone else. I hope I didn't scare them and that they're still hanging in there. I'm off to have dinner, take a walk and do my CRUNCHES. ugh.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:43 PM   #60  
tired of being fat

Default good night for me

Hello ladies,

Jenn I am really sorry to hear that you had a bad day with not feeling well, and being dizzy. Is that the first time it has happened? You might want to be carefull. But I am very glad to hear that you DID NOT let the scale ruin your day. you may not have lost pounds but who knows maybe you lost inches?
Things will get easier especially since your mind set has changed. Congrats for that.
Sarge, not sure I want the promotion just yet, but I am trying to keep you on track the way you keep me on. I guess a bite would be at least 1 cookie, or the equivilant (sp?) in cookie dough. One day your just going to stop making them all together (probably not) but you will be able to NOT eat them.

As for me, I bought the tapes from weight watchers tonight and plan on doing them at least 4 times this week. And while I was gone at my meeting my hubby did hide the scale. so we will see how long it takes for me to try to find it. lol
I also lost another 1.8 pounds. My new total is 18.6 down. I am really proud of myself. Some times I get so discouraged but I know I can do this and I WILL do this.
Well its time to get kids in bed and I will post tomorrow.
Have a healthy night.

Lori