Old 11-10-2004, 07:49 AM   #31  
tired of being fat

Morning Ladies,
I plan on getting in some exersice today. (hopefully) Not to mention I have to clean. Today will be my first workout for the week, but I promise sarge, I mean Rebecca I will get in another 1 or 2 by Sunday. I have a meetinga t work today and then right after I have to work till midnight so I will not be checking in again till tomorrow morning.
I agree with bluecat all the way. Muscle does weigh more then fat and if your loseing inches, be proud of yourself. Don't give up, eventually when the muscle stops the weight loss will start. Well, Ladies have a good (and healthy) day and I will check in again tomorrow.

Lori
umma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:58 AM   #32  

Cool Sarge Checking In

Hi Grunts. Piink, do not be discouraged. You are doing awesome!! You've lost so many inches! Don't you feel a difference in your clothes? That darn scale can consume you. That's why NOBODY should be checking until Monday. Break the habit. Feel the difference in your endurance, your clothes, your flexibility and sense of well-being! The scale has little green men in there to battle our will and desire to be healthy. Bluekat and Lori are correct about the muscle vs. fat. I'd much rather be toned than flabby. Piink, just don't give up. You've got our support. You're doing great.

I went to Curves this morning. I had such a hard time getting my heart rate up. LOL! Usually, I'm winded in no time at all. So, instead of walking in place, I jogged. It wasn't a natural earthquake you felt this morning, girls, it was me. Anyway, that helped. I'm just happy my eyes aren't black and blue. Good support, I always say.

Ok, I'm leaving you with this:

A woman joins a gym. After filling out the paper work, discussing a plan of action and setting up her first appointment, her trainer tells her to wear loose clothing for her first workout. She replies, "Mister, if I had loose clothing, we wouldn't be having the conversation!"
Bulging2Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:39 AM   #33  
A work in progress

Yes, the numbers will sabatoge you. No matter whether it is the scales, the tape measure or the BMI. Did you know that gorgeous Governor Arnold BMI says he is obese. He sure doen't look obese to me. Numbers play head games with you. Even clothes sizes will, because they are not standardize. A medium from one company is a large in another. The best judge of how you look is the mirror and the best judge of your health is how you feel.
Another few facts for you. Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14. Very beautiful lady. The skinny boy look became popular in the 60's with Twiggy ( I think we should shoot her) and with her came the stupidity of perfect is being a bean pole. In reality, the average woman in good health and not over weight wears a size 10 or 12 depending on her body frame. Do I wear either one of those sizes no. But I know that I look my best and feel my best when I do. Your perfect body weight changes as your life changes. What was good before you got married and had kids is different from what is good for you after menapause and everything in between.
Shirley Who is getting off of the soap box now and going to go exercise.
bluekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:15 PM   #34  
tired of being fat

Default I think I figured it out

Hey look I think I figured out how to do this ticker thing. But how do I keep it handy instead of having to keep going to the tickerfactory.com place everytime? Any help?
hhmmmmmm.........I think I'm supposed to be doing a workout instead of this . OK so that is what I am going to do now . I will let you all know how I did tomorrow. Have a healthy day, and keep up all the good work.
Oh yea and Sarge, great job going to Curves today. Bet it felt good afterwards.

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3...c85/weight.png
Old 11-10-2004, 12:17 PM   #35  

I'm new here, and just wanted to say "hi".........
clip
clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:48 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Smile I peeked

Peeked at ,my weight this morn as my ankles were skinny. Down 2 lbs.
My sugar wasn't but that was the popcorn late at night.
My BP was at 116/67
Heading down to exercise.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

How do you ge the old ticker out?
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:59 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Good old quick links.
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:43 PM   #38  

Wow, what a group! Can I join? I'm an emotional eater who with the help of 4 pregnancies ate her way up to 226 pounds. My youngest is 5 months and I am finally down to 194, but have been bouncing 5 lbs around for the last 2 months. I'm so frustrated with myself. I eat even when I'm not hungry. I rarely excercise, even though that is a goal of mine. I need some serious pushin. I'm going to check out the SB diet and give it a go. I've been reading a few different books and just letting the motivation of them all sink in. I've seen major improvements over the last few weeks, but not loss. I am drinking all of my water more often than not though! Anyway, I'd love to join, can I please, please!
luvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:05 PM   #39  

Unhappy Sarge went AWOL

Hi all. First, welcome Luvinmom. The more the better. It just means more support for us all. Second, Carol, I'll forgive your peek today but no more for the week!! I'm proud of you though. Good job with your BP. That popcorn gets me everytime. Shirley, you rock on with your bad soapbox self!

Now for some news. Sarge went AWOL from the low-carb camp today. I made chocolate chip cookies. The dough and cookies actually called me by name! I also crossed enemy lines with the popcorn consumption. Are you going to through me into the brig? I slowed down this evening with sloppy joes on a lite bun and 3 potato wedges. My husband had given me 6 or 7 but I gave some back. I had all my water though. I just really have guilt about the cookies. Well, they say confession is good for the soul. I hope tomorrow is better. Perhaps I should be demoted and someone should get on my case. Darn, I may have to add another day of exercise this week. Also, I fought really hard not to look at the scale today. You should know that I didn't. At least I can practice what I preach there.

Have a good night. I'll check in AFTER exercising tomorrow. How is everyone doing with their weekly goals? Keep up the good work, otherwise, watch out for me. Take care.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:54 PM   #40  
A work in progress

More from the soap box.
I have been Dieting ever since I can remember, I even thought I was fat when I was a size 9. I wasn't even happy at a size 6. Never been bulimic (sp?) though. I have read ever book out there and tried just about ever diet there has been. The best book I ever read was about women and fat written by a female doctor in the early 90s. The best advice she gave was if you have a craving for something, go ahead and eat a small amount. This way you won't binge, which will cause more damage then eating the small amount. For instance if you have a craving for pizza, eat 1 or 2 slices, just NOT THE WHOLE THING! You need a little bit of all food groups, just in moderation and if you cut your calories way down, your body goes into famine mode and refuses to let go of the fat because it does not know when the good times are coming and doesn't want to starve to death. Key word is moderation. Add exercise and the weight will go at least the fat will. Dieting brings to mind of starvation and doing without, you lose the battle before you ever begin. Cutting back and changing lifestyle on the other hand means you don't have to starve or do without. Words and numbers are powerful things and how you look at things make a big difference. Another fact, not only does muscle weighs more than fat, but the more muscle you build the higher the metabolism. Muscles require more fuel than fat. So as you build muscle (eg. exercise) the more fuel you burn and as you cut back the amount you eat, the fuel that is used is fat, thereforth you lose inches, which is what you really want to do, not just weight. Want to add exercise to your day, do things in the 50's way. Watch less tv, cut back on remotes and get up to do things. Walk instead of riding to places, take stairs. The little things will add up. I will get off the soap box now.

Shirley
Old 11-10-2004, 09:47 PM   #41  
tired of being fat

Default No work for me tonight

I tried to go to work, I really did. Then the school called and told me that my son got hurt in gym class and should probably get his wrist x-rayed
So instead of work we went to the hospital. He is fine just a real good sprain, but while we were there that stupid snack machine kept talking to me. Kept telling me that because I was missing dinner at that moment I could justifie why I was eating that kind of stuff.Well, I am proud to say, I ignored that machine and waited to get home to eat something healthy. I also did my workout today. So as crazy as it was today, somehoe I stayed on track
Not sure how but I did.

Anyway, Sarge.....even sarge's have bad days......BUT NO MORE COOKIES!!!! and NO EXCUSES EITHER. Keep those cookies away from you. Give them to someone else, get them out of the house. Tomorrow can, and will be a better day.

Bluekat....I am on weight watchers and everything you have typed I am learning in my meetings. I believe in it all and also believe that if you stick with that plan you can't go wrong. My problem is that I don't stop eating all the stuff I am craving till I feel sick...lol

luvinmom....welcome to the group, like sarge said the more the merrier

oldwriter....imagine what the scale would have said if you waited....I do know the feeling about that scale though. I have one in my bathroom that I just have to step on everytime I am in there. I tried to say that I wouldn't step on it but I just can't help myself.

Well everyone, have a good night and a healthy tomorrow.

Goodnight, Lori
Old 11-11-2004, 09:54 AM   #42  
A work in progress

Cool

Lori, I know how you feel, My first marriage was to a very abusive man, both physically and verbally. I was not allowed much of anything that I liked. When I got married the 2nd time to a very gooc man. I was allowed and encourage to eat what ever I wanted. It was potatoe chips, once I opened the bag, they were gone. That is where most of my weight came from, binging. It took me 14 to 15 years to realizes, I didn't have to eat the entire bag. It was just last year that I was able to open a bag, eat a few and put it back. Right now it is chocolate. My hubby has to have some in the house, but he doesn't eat but a piece or 2. Me, I know it is there so I eat a piece here, a piece there. I have gotten down to just 3 pieces instead of 10 or more a day. Maybe if you sit down by yourself and journal your feeling, you can figure out why you binge. There is a reason. Stress will cause you to go overboard. Good job on ignoring the snack machine.
Shirley
Old 11-11-2004, 11:05 AM   #43  

Lori, I'm glad your son is ok. I'm so proud of you for winning the battle of the snack machines. You should be so proud of yourself. Way to go!

Shirley, good for you to cutting down the intake. You're right, moderation is the key.

Clipper, welcome. I hope to hear more from you soon.

Carol, how is your sugar today? Do you also check your BP everyday? If so, how's that? I hope you didn't step on the scale today. No peeking until Monday!! We need to get away from that number and feel the other differences in ourselves. Personally, I sabbatoge myself if I don't see the results I expect from the scale. That's why I look for other differences.

Kathy, how are you doing? Is your husband still hanging in there with you?

Luvinmom, how are you making out?

How's everyone making out with their weekly goal? We're 1/2way through the week. Get that exercise in or else! (I'm baaaaack!)

My husband offered the last cookie to me this morning and I declined. I walked the dog this morning and even went an extra distance. It's about a mile with some hills. I was breathing pretty steady-heavy. I even had a little sweat going. Anyway, I came home and made my ham & cheese omelet w/egg beaters and had 2 glasses of water. I feel re-energized again. I'm still "step-on-the-scale" free this week (ahem, Lori and Carol). I've accomplished my goal of exercising 3 days this week. It came in time since I work tonight and tomorrow night (11p-7A). I may try to get something in on Sunday.

I have to run, the school just called and I have to get my daughter (fever and stomach ache). Talk to you all soon.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:15 PM   #44  

Alright, you girlies...I'm issuing a surprise challenge! I want an extra 10 minutes of exercise added to this week. No excuses! You can add it on at one of your sessions or do a separate session. And so you can't point fingers, the Sarge got her husband and dog out for an extra 15 minute walk tonight. You don't have to take a family member or friend this week, although it might be nice, but don't be surprised if it's asked of you in the future. I don't care if it's walking, swimming, sit-ups, stair-walking, biking, pilates, yoga, running (won't be me!) or whatever, just do it! You can do it. 10 minutes isn't that long, is it? We've all made excuses about exercise. But we need to take the time for ourselves. You have to make yourself the priority. That 10 minutes this week will get you closer to your long-term goal. I hope you all take part in this challenge.

"Big goals get big results. No goals get no results or somebody else's results."
- MVH
Old 11-11-2004, 08:45 PM   #45  
tired of being fat

Hey Sarge,
Is this because you ate the cookies? Just kidding. I will definitaly join in on the challenge. Gotta go get kids in bed. Hope all is well, and I will check in tomorrow.
Have a healthy day.

Lori