Old 11-27-2004, 10:38 AM   #136  
tired of being fat

Default Godd Morning Ladies

Hello everyone,

How are we all doing today? Still waiting to hear from most of you on how Thanksgiving went. So if your hiding because you had a bad day, come out. Nobody is going to scream over Thanksgiving. Although Sarge did eat a Hershey bar . But again since it was technically Thanksgiving, I will give her a pass. But no more passes till Christmas
Ittybitty- Don't worry about the 2 pound gain. THe way I look at it, you started this week with those 2 pounds and if they are still there on Monday then you didn't have a gain. You maintained through Thanksgiving which is so much better then a gain. And if you have a loss then thats even better. Right now I feel bloated so I am a little nervous for weigh in on Monday. Hopfully this feeling will go away before then.
Well, the kids want me to watch a movie with them, so I will be back later to see if our missing ladies have checked back in.
Have a healthy day.

TTFN
Lori
umma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 12:32 PM   #137  

ladies, I am inspired by your posts.... I am following a low glycemic diet. and have no real support ariound here. (Arizona) I would love some support from somewhere. I currently weigh 265. I started last week and I am down to 265. I also have PCOS and my husband and I are trying to conceive so I am desperately trying to lose the weight. I have gained 50-60 punds since we got married May 02.

I really look forward to chatting with such great ladies!!!!!

brittney
mrs.ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #138  

alyssa

I feel your pain. Althoughmy husband has the opposite problem. He is 6 ft and weighs 125. So he sees no need to eat healthy and he gives me stuff cause he wants me to be happy. Talk about double sabatoge (sp?) well anyway, I am following a low glycemic diet, due to being insulin resistent and having PCOS. I am not on WW. Cant afford it. If you need any tips or ides..or have any for me that would be great. I dont have much support. (my mom tries, bless her) I would love to get to know you and help each other out
Old 11-27-2004, 12:43 PM   #139  

hey this goes out to everyone. I am new here. How do you get the ticker on your post?

thanks
Old 11-27-2004, 01:15 PM   #140  
tired of being fat

Default Welcome Brittney

Glad to have you along with us. The more the merrier .
Every monday we pick goals for ourselves, such as staying off the scale, a certain amount of workouts per week, or keeping up with our water intake. What ever you feel you need to improve is what you should work on. Then on the following monday we report in on how we did for the week, and pick new goals. We are also here all week long to encourage , motivate , yell at you , or just listen . We like to hear how your doing so don't be afraid to post even if its bad news. Some of us have started measureing ourselves (not me yet) to see what kind of inches we have lost even if there is no difference in the scale. So, make yourself comfortable and start posting lol.

Ok now for everyone.....I am issuing an extra challange. 15 minutes of extra exercise before you check in on monday. Not to hard. right? So who is with me? I am getting mine done today. Good luck.

Have a healthy day.

TTFN
Lori
Old 11-27-2004, 02:45 PM   #141  

thanks for the info. I will think of a goal this weekend and start up in Monday. I am excited. Everyone sounds like amazing women. I look forward to get going on this. I know I can. I will also try to get 15 min extra workout in! lol.....

Have a wonderful weekend...
Old 11-27-2004, 04:06 PM   #142  

Default I accept the challange!

Good afternoon ladies! I will accept the 15 minutes of extra exercise challenge. Today I walked/ran 2 miles and I even got my lazy boyfriend out of the house and made him go with me. I'm trying to get my water in today (my goal for the week). I did good on Thursday, but yesterday I slacked off again. I drink tons of water in the summer, but in the winter it's hard for me to remember. I'd rather drink my hot tea. My son's at a relatives and my boyfriend is at work so I'm home alone the rest of the day. It'll be a challenge to keep myself from munching all day, so I'm going to concentrate on drinking my water (which will keep me full) and getting my house cleaned up and laundry done. That should keep me busy! If I get tempted, I'll just hop on here for motivation! Thank goodness I found you all! Well, I'm off to drink my water! Everyone have a good day!

Lisa
ittybit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:45 AM   #143  

Default Hi

Hello Everyone,

Well I weighed in at my WW Sat. and the results aren't good. I gained 2.8 pounds! Well I'm recommitted myself to weightloss.
I'm not going to beat myself up about. That only makes me want to eat more, so moving on and I plan to do better.

Mrs. Ladybug:
Welcome to the group. Look forward to getting to know you. Any suggestion are very welcome. I can't afford WW either, but my sister that is in the Army wants to help me and is paying for my WW. We loss a sister less then a year ago and I know she is worried about the possiblities of lossing me. We are very close. She has been very good to me. Even when I told her I gained so much this week she said it was ok, it happens around the holidays, just start over. I wish she lived here but since she is in the Army they have her stationed in Huntsvill, AL. I'm just happy she is in the US! She was stationed in Germany for the past 3 years.

Hope Everyone is having a Happy Holiday Weekend!
I'm also taking the 15 min. of extra exercise challenge!
ambytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 10:15 AM   #144  

Alysa,

That is great that your sister is so supportive (and yes, in the USA). My sister that I am best friends with lives in Utah. I have made a wall in my hallway "MY WALL" I have a calender up a weight loss and measurements chart and a picture of my husband on our honeymoon. Right now I would love just to get to that wedding weight!!! lol Our 3 year anniversary is in May and I want to be down at least 20 pounds!! (I can do it, I can do it!!!) So anyway, I am also going to put up motivational sayings on "My Wall"

I was so proud of myself yesterday.... my husband and I went to walmart in the middle of the afternoon. We were both starving!!!! So I got a healthy alternative from the deli and he wanted Mcdonalds from walmart. He ordered and asked what I wanted I told him nothing. So we get in the car and he offers me 2 french fries. Well without thinking I ate them..(ok that is the part I am so proud of! lol) And then I asked him. I thought you wanted a baby. and he kind of looked at me and said of course I do...I said well you need to stop giving this stuff to me. And he said he was just trying to be nice and I told I couldnt have that and it was like feeding my bosy poison. ( I dont think he ever saw it that way) So I told him what he could have done to be nice was to have gotten my deli out. So he did. I think we hit a breakthrough there. I told him I need him to help me and not let me slip up. He didnt want to be mean and wanted me to be happy. So I told him that I would happy in the long run if he didnt give me stuff!!! It was awesome! Then last night I made him a normal dinner and then I fixed my healthy alternative ( I admit his looked better) but I didnt snitch, not even a bite!!!

And I got my 15 minute challenge in!!!!!

I love this place. Sorry if I rambled. I am a talker.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:31 AM   #145  

Default Good for you Brittney!

I'm very proud of you for staying with it yesterday! I know how it is with the men in our lives. Mine says he likes to see me happy and when I'm depriving myself I'm not happy. I told him that I sure as h*** wouldn't be happy if I gained another 100 lbs either!
And Alysia, don't beat yourself up about the 2+ lbs. I weighed myself Friday and I was 2 lbs. heavier also! And Wed. I was so happy because I had FINALLY, after being at the same weight for almost 2 weeks, broke through and lost another 2 lbs. just to gain them right back again. I got back on the scale this morning though and they're gone again. A lot of times if you cheat a day you gain water weight, expecially if you're keeping the carbs down. So don't be discouraged! Just take it one day at a time.You can do it!
As for me, I got my water in yesterday and managed to not gourge myself while home alone! I'm very proud of myself! Have a wonderful, healthy day Beauties!

Lisa
Old 11-28-2004, 12:04 PM   #146  
tired of being fat

Default good morning Bulging Beauties.

Hello everyone,

How is everyone today? Remember tomorrow is weigh in and result time. You also have to pick new goals tomorrow. And remember we can all do this TOGETHER .

Alysa--I am very glad that you have your sister who is helping you with your weight loss. Its always nice to have a family member behind you. I am also sorry to hear about the loss of your other sister. That must have been a very hard time in your life. We are all here to lister and help though.

Brittney--Very good NSV (non scale victory) I am very proud of you for not giving in amd havign that McDonalds. Keep up the great work. Maybe your husband will help you more now that you explained it to him as being poison.
Oh and way to go with getting the extra 15 minutes in.

Lisa--very good exercise yesterday, 2 miles? Way to go. I don't think I could get my husband to walk that much. (Although he is only 145 pounds so he really doesn't have to.) How are you doing with your water? It is harder to drink cold water in the winter time but just remember that it will be helping you ALOT with your weight loss. Also very proud to hear that you didn't gorge yourself with nobody home.......and for the 2 pound loss. BUT.....you should really try to NOT weigh yourself untill monday weigh ins. It will help with not watching your weight flucuate during the week. I had my husband hide the scale 2 weeks ago and I haven't tried to find it yet. Someone told me that I would look silly looking for it (Rebecca) and every time I think about it I also think about her comment.

Kathy--Hope all went well with bringing your daughter to the airport yesterday. Did you make it to Costco and did they let you have a pass for the day?

Rebecca, Carol, Piink, Jenn, Bandit, and Charmed...WHERE ARE YOU????

Come on back and let us know how you are doing.

As for me, I did my extra 15 minutes yesterday. And since it is rainy and windy and cold here I am just going to relax in the house with my kids and maybe do some cleaning. It seems like I am always cleaning. I guess thats whay happens when you have a 3 year old daughter and and an 11 year old son. They think its just something fun for me to do, so they help me out by messing the place up.
OK well enough complaining. I will be on and off all day since I am not going anywhere. I will chack back later. Hope you all have a healthy day.

TTFN
Lori
Old 11-28-2004, 12:50 PM   #147  

Default Hi All

Well all my company left this morning. Made sure the pies and stuffing are gone, made them take them with them...LOL They are in the Army so they don't have to worry about excess weight staying on them. I just knew if I let it sit around here I would give in, so wanted the tempation gone. I know I'll get a real work out today. My house is a mess! I don't know why but every time my little sister comes to my house to visit by the time she leaves it looks like a tornado hit it. Well I need the exercise anyways. Plus I'm going to put in the extra 15 min. And adding the challenge of making sure I get at least 4 - 8oz. glasses of water down.

Anyone have a good way to fix fish or chicken without veggies. Please share with me. I'm tired of fixing them the same way. And just so everyone knows, I do eat my veggies, but don't like them cooked.
ambytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:54 PM   #148  

Default Hi Beauties!

Lori- I've done pretty good with the water yesterday and today. I still have a little bit more to drink tonight. I also got my extra 15 minutes in today by taking my son and my dog for a brisk walk down to the convenient store. I wasn't going to exercise today, it's my "off" day usually unless I miss a day during the week.My son has just started earning an allowance and wanted to go buy something. While there I lost it momentarily and bought a Starbucks Frappacino.. BUT, I only took 3 or 4 drinks (not even half) and I dumped the rest out. A moment of weakness, but it could've been worse I guess. Oh and about the 2 mile walk yesterday, my boyfriend is hard to get motivated. And he also needs to watch his weight and he doesn't do any exercising since he got out of the Army. He started out by telling me that we were going to go on a nice leisurely stroll (whatever! lol) and I had to fight him about the pace. Then,he started whining not even half way through.." How far are you planning on walking?" etc. And the scale..... the scale. I have a hard time staying off of it, but I don't let the weight fluctuations bother me much. I write down my weight once a week. I've tried to not weigh myself and I always end up gaining weight. That's how I got to my highest weight of 210 lbs right before I started in on my "healthy eating" again a month ago. I had stopped weighing myself. Believe it or not, it keeps me motivated to see that if I eat more than usual I gain an x-tra 2 lbs. the next day. I'm worried that if I don't weigh in everyday I'll slack off my plan.
Alysia- I have tons of healthy, and good, chicken recipes I will send you. I'm not much of a fish eater though. What type of stuff do you like? Like certain seasonings, sauces, etc..
Keep up the good work everybody! And have a good night!

Lisa
Old 11-28-2004, 10:19 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

Default hello everyone newbie here

Hello everyone newbie here...I was reading through the post and everyone sounds so nice and helpful in here.. I was hoping I could join u..

My name is Michelle i just turned 26yrs old the day before thanksgiving..Birthday cake and pumpkin..hhmm..tough.. I live in Southern California and i work in a very stressful and no active job..I work 4 days a week with 12 hour shifts..I know everyone has a stressful job whether it be in the home or in an office so i guess i can't use that as an excuse..But the other day I was looking at my uniform and saw the the buttons on my shirt are starting to strain to stay together..I think they are giving me a hint..And plus I'm just tired of being tired..People that are in my type of work are known to be big or really big and I don't like being like everyone else.. I weighed myself this morning and I saw numbers i thought i would never see 227. .That is the highest i have ever weighed..So I making goals for myself and looking in different areas for support with people that know what it is like.

I have looked at this site for a little while and have been telling everyone at work about this site..So i decided if i'm talking about it so much i might as well join.. I hope to get to know everyone..

Have a good night or morning
Michiemish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:40 PM   #150  

Talking Welcome Michelle!

Hi Michelle! Welcome to the Bulging Beauties! I'm pretty new here myself, but I will try to give you the run down on things here as best I can since I seem to be the first one to see your message. Help me out here ladies if I forget anything....
We check in every Monday with our new goal for the week (like drinking enough water, exercise more etc.) and also with our weigh in. During the week we just chat with each other about how we're doing on our goal for the week, to support , chastise , sympathize , motivate and pretty much just be here for each other. I know for me personally, finding this site has really been a blessing. Everyone on here seems to be just wonderful and it really helps me to be part of this group. We're all in this together. I started on my new "healthy eating plan" ,aka- South Beach Diet, on Nov. 1 after reaching my highest weight of 210 lbs. I found this site shortly after but didn't join in till just last week. Even just reading it helped me though. I've lost 10 lbs so far. Not bad. Of course, we'll see what toll Thanksgiving takes. Anyway, welcome to our group!

Lisa