Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 05:29 PM   #31  

Congratulations Dee on the awesome weight loss!

Cheryl, you are doing great also!!

I'm so proud of both of you!!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 11-05-2004 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:37 PM   #32  
Losing it!

Cheryl, thanks for the info, going to go check out both of the sites here in a bit.

Dee, GREAT JOB ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!
Now, for my stern but loving lecture...
it is very understandable too be upset with the thought of facing another surgery, but you need to take care of you. Do what Larry and the doctor wants you to do and hopefully one of these days you can run circles around the two of them. Maybe you should have a talk with Larry and tell him how depressed and sad you are and how your feeling facing another surgery...you are right, Larry has no clue...maybe he will understand better if you talk to him. I think I know the type of man Larry is by what you share here and I know he will do everything in his power to make you feel more at ease about the surgery and to help in any way he can to prepare for Christmas.
LOVE YOU!!!!

I was recruited at 7:45 AM this morning to be a room mother for a party at 2:00 PM this afternoon! I had a feeling I would be getting a call, but it never came, this morning I ran ino one of the mom's and she hit me up. I'm glad I thought ahead, so I had some idea on what to take. The party was a success, of course it doesn't take much to entertain kindergarten students! I wasn't asked if I could help with the Christmas party...I was just told what we could do for it....the joys of a room mother!
Old 11-06-2004, 08:08 PM   #33  
Losing it!

I hope all of you are having a great weekend!!!! I'm staying OP today...the Halloween candy monster must of gave up and went elsewhere.

Cheryl, thanks for the info, I visited your gym site, it seems really nice! I agree with you, I would prefer an older, together trainer then a "pretty boy", I'm sure he knows his stuff, but I want all of the attention during the session, not the 10 or so girls gawking at him. LOL!

Ramona, are you ok? I can't shake a feeling I've had the past few days. You keep coming into my thoughts...I do know you have a few more days yet before your test, know I love you and I'm hoping and praying for the best.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:57 PM   #34  

Gayle it has been pretty quiet around here. Your right Larry is a good man and he really doesn't know how I feel. How would he it is my feelings. Men tend not to be as perceptive as women. I could feel someone elses feelings. I will talk to him. I told him in passing tonight that I am terrified to have another surgery and that I am so scared of the pain now that I know what it will feel like. He seemed a bit surprised when I said that. We will sit down and have a talk soon. Thanks Gayle.

I hope all of you are doing well. Gayle I am glad that the sugar monster didn't get to you. That is one of the reasons I never liked Halloween. I had no control with eatting my kids candy.
Ramona please check in, Gayle has me concerned now too.
Sherry how are things in your household?
Debbie is Sherry visiting you and James tonight? I hope that James is doing fine.
Shelley have you worked out everything?
So where are the rest of you? Exercising???? Or maybe drinking your water? Or maybe running to the bathroom because of all the water you have been drinking?
Old 11-07-2004, 02:48 PM   #35  

Gayle and Dee, I'm fine. I just had an incredibly busy week at work; two suicides, an officer-involved shooting and the rape of a 16 year old whose family I know. My brain has just been on overload and I've hibernated all weekend. My tests are on Thursday and I'm sure everything will be fine. Thank you both for caring about me!

I send my love to all my Floozie friends. I'll catch up in a couple of days with everyone. Hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:28 PM   #36  

I am here just lurking, glad to see everyone is ok and doing well.

Everyone keep up the good work and i will keep watching you gals.

Lurker
Old 11-07-2004, 04:19 PM   #37  

Need advice from all of you. I was just asked to help throw a wedding shower for a friend (teacher) from school. She is 40, 2nd marriage (her first husband died 14 years ago.) She is very down to earth--doesn't do lingerie, or fancy makeup or anything like that. Doesn't color her hair, goes camping, the whole "earthy type person." She's the science teacher at school. Any advice on what type of shower? They both have houses. Her daughter is a friend of Patty's, so we are closer than just acquaintences. We are shooting for a Dec. 11 shower at the other person's house. We will probably be inviting all the teachers at school, plus some of Pam's personal friends. Any ideas? I would love to go to Geanne (my friend that I am helping) with some clever ideas.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:23 PM   #38  
Losing it!

How fun shelley! I love planning parties!!!!!!

Since she is into the outdoor stuff...how about a gardening/camping theme? Each guest would bring a gift the couple could use gardening or camping. The party favors could be small packages of seeds personalized with the couples info.

Around the house theme: Assign each guest with a room of the house, let them know colors and decor for that room. The guest would then bring a gift specifically for that room.

Around the clock theme: Same idea as above, except assign each guest with a time: Breakfast time, bath time, bedtime, each guest would bring a gift for that time period.

Stock the pantry party: Each guest would write their favorite recipe on a recipe card then bring all non-parishable food items for the recipe to the party. This could be fixed up in a cute basket or container, she could use later for storage. The hostess' could gift her with a recipe card file and a recipe book holder.

A cute party favor is: Purchase the 10 pack of kit kat snack bars ($1.00) I use kit kat because you end up with a larger/flatter surface for your design. Use a program such as Printmaster to measure out and personalize a label, this can include names/dates/graphics. Remove the real label (the bar will still be covered in foil) and use a glue stick to attach the new label. I made tons of these for advertising and liz's graduation! You will get all kinds of great comments!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 05:24 PM   #39  
Losing it!

I'll be back later to post to everyone!!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 06:15 PM   #40  

Hello

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. Yesterday I layed around a lot and rested. Also did all my laundry. Today we went to church. Yep, you heard me right! We haven't been in soooooo long! Wayne told me the other night that he felt like we should start going again. So after church, I made a pot of homemade vegetable soup then MOWED THE WHOLE YARD!!! I can't believe that I was mowing in shorts in Nov.!!!!!!

Gayle,
Your ideas for Shelley's shower are awesome!!!! You are the most creative person I know!!!! When I get ready to do Mom & Dad's 50th Anniversary party next month, I'm calling you!!! Is Allison completely well now?

Shelley,
All the suggestions Gayle gave you are wonderful!!! I bet it's going to be fun planning this! I hope whatever was wrong at home has worked out.Remember we are ALWAYS here for you! BIG HUGS!!! Did I tell you how much I love your new photo?

Ramona,
I will be saying a prayer for you on Thursday. Try not to worry. It will make you sick.I just know everything will come out great! How's the boys? Also, How is your Dad? I think of him often.

Dee,
I'm so sorry that you're going to have to go through another surgery. Did you have your talk with Larry yet? He seems like such a great husband and he probably didn't even realize how you feel. PLEASE go ahead and decorate the house. Just go at a slow pace until it's done. You are like me, We love Christmas and the decorations and you won't be happy unless it's all up and done. It's ok if it's done early. Look at it this way...You'll just be able to enjoy it more! Love you!

Vicki,
Stop lurking and post more often!!! I love reading your posts and miss you when you're gone!

Debbie,
I hope James continues to get better everyday. He'll be his ole self again in no time! Please try to get some rest yourself and don't try to be super woman and do too much & wear yourself down. I love & miss you!

Cheryl,
I'm so jealous!! I LOVE your gym and all the info you gave!! I wish I could afford to do something like that! Continue to work out. I promise you'll see results in no time! You may not lose that much but the inches will melt away! I need to start going back to the "Y". I'm paying for it each month and never go! I need a big push!!

Tina, Doni & Carol....Are you ok? I hope you're staying OP. I really need a big butt kick! I need some motivation BIG TIME!

I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Hugs to all.....
Old 11-07-2004, 06:38 PM   #41  

STOP!!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #14...............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!
Closed Thread