Old 11-15-2004, 02:13 PM   #106  

I wanted to ask you girls, are any of you doing Christmas baking this year? I usually make the frosted cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, chex mix, Cornflake nobake cookies, and tons of other stuff. I may just make what I know the kids will eat, just the stuff they like and thats it. I mean I just love to bake this time of year. I can't even tell you how many pans of pumpkin bread I have made all ready!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:42 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Julie... YUM. I used to bake like that. I miss that. This year, I haven't baked anything... and not sure what I will be baking. I just decided this weekend, that I would make me a Thanksgiving meal, for one.. The girls will be with their dad and his family. I am looking for a pumpkin/pecan cheesecake recipe right now cause I have finally decided since I wanted both, pumpkin and pecan pies.. I can make that instead. Hannah and I were watching the Food Network this weekend, and saw one recipe for gooey pumpkin butter cake, and she is begging me to make it. And I can use the PUMPKIN she painted for Halloween. Hahahaha... So I may make that for her, and let her take that to her Thanksgiving with her relatives.

Noelle... I don't like coffee.. but that one sounds GREAT!!!! I've been mixing some coffee here at work with hot cocoa, making a mocha.. so I might have to try the gingerbread flavor!

Angie.... I bet you are so excited for your trip!!! And congrats on getting things done ahead of time!!!! And.. that turtle cheesecake sounds good too... however, I need my pumpkin/spice fix for the year!

OK.. back to work.. talk to you later!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:21 AM   #108  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!

Noelle, Got any big plans for your birthday this year? Maybe have Rick get you the espresso maker for your birthday and get something else for Christmas too.

Julie, I am the biggest fan of holiday cooking. I love to cook if I can eat it. haha That is why I am making the cheesecake for Jay and I will have to make Pumpkin parfaits for the kids. They LOVE them. so I have to do them too.

Cherie, How was your night with Alan? I hope you enjoyed yourself. I dont like Coffee either. I will suck the Diet Coke down though.

Kempy, What happened to ya yesterday? Did you have a client?

Last edited by angieME; 11-16-2004 at 09:40 AM.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:18 AM   #109  

Good Morning! It's foggy and rainy and not too cold.. so a nice day! Wish I were still in BED!

I had a very nice evening... nothing fancy. I got to Alan's and he had a pot of chili cooking on the stove. We spent about an hour outside in his garage as he upgraded his server, and then we had to make a run to Fed Ex to pick up his shiny new moniter.. (He is a big computer geek! ) Once we got home, we had dinner and his friend Tim came over and watched the first part of the game with us... Poor Dallas, in the words of their coach.. they STINK.

Anyway.. It was a very nice night.... I get to spend the weekend with him, so I am now looking forward to that. I picked up the girls this morning to take them to school.. and told them I had chili.. and oh, they were envious. So I promised them I would make chili tonight, with fritos and cheese! The little things that make them happy!

OK.. I better get to work. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-16-2004, 11:21 AM   #110  

Wink

Morning!

THought I'd pop in quickly and say hello!!!!!!! I'm in PA tomorrow and AL on Monday and Tuesday (anyone want to go for me???)

I am making Thanksgiving dessert this year.So those that you talked about Cherie and Angie sound sooooo goooood!

No test results yet. Not til Thursday or Friday. So just a waiting game right now and trying to keep my @ss busy.

Kempy I hope the customers start coming in! What is the name of the Salon so I can let me relatives know?

Julie I hope you are staying healthy! I am such in the holiday mood just reading over what you bake! It's a Pavlovian reaction

Noelle I love my little cappucino/latte machine - decent prices at Target!

Cal that sounds like an amazing sight - that storm! Wow! I hope all is well!

Well I must jump. I'll try to check in later

Quote:
If you want to catch something, running after it isn't always the best way.
Lois McMaster Bujold

be well.

Summer

Last edited by GEMonster; 11-16-2004 at 11:25 AM.
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:16 PM   #111  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning girls. Just getting into the office. We hired another plumber who's starting today, will this be the one or is this just the start if another nightmare? I can only hope... As long as our vans are on the road making money and keeping our customers happy I'm okay.

Angie, I never thought of asking for that for my b-day and something else for Xmas. I must be getting old and senile . Hmmm, I guess if I ask for an appliance for my b-day I better get taken out to a nice romantic dinner too. Haven't really thought about what I want for Xmas or what I'm getting Rick either. To tell the truth, I'm already thinking ahead to Feb. next year, our 10th anniversary ...

Summer, stay safe while traveling. I don't know how you do it and stay sane. I hate living out of suitcases . Hey, don't tease me about Target, we still don't have one here in Hawaii. I love that store though. I guess I can have him look in WalMart.

Cherie, glad you had fun and relaxed. I still need my computer geek friend to come over and give my 'puter a look-see. I've been backing it up like crazy because I'm paranoid it'll crash soon.

Hi to Julie, Kempy, and Cal. Gotta run and get back to work
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:39 PM   #112  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Afternoon.Hey Noelle and Kempy, do you guys remember Gennel from our monthly challenges thread? I happened to still have her email and I sent her the link to this thread so she can come join us again if she wants to. She said she was on the forum last night but it has changed so much.

Hey Summer, It must be hard having to wait this long for your test results. How many days do you get to relax for thge holidays? At least a couple I hope.

Noelle, I will keep my fingers crossed for ya that this plumber works out. Maybe me and Jay should move over there and he can work for you. He is the hardest worker I have ever seen.

See, I am good at thinking of ways to get more gifts. haha Dont feel bad we just had a Target open up here. We are so behind the times.

Cherie, we have been having really nice sunny days but it isnt even getting up past 35 degrees anymore. BBBRRR!! Now Jay asks when I am doing the garland on the fron of the house. ha like I am standing out side and freezing my butt off....wait a minute maybe I should.

Kempy and Julie, WHERE ARE YA????
Old 11-16-2004, 04:52 PM   #113  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angie, I do remember Gennel...I do hope she joins us, I need a drill sergeant to kick start my @ss and she was good at doing that . Hi Gennel if you're out there lurking. We need a fresh face in here for some motivation.

I can imagine if you haven't been here for a while the amount of changes in appearance here at 3FC. I mean, I used to journal almost daily, then they went and changed that format. I tried to use the new format but I just couldn't get the hang of it, then they changed it again. I gave up after that. I probably haven't journaled here in over a year? Figures though, journaling was one thing that helped me take the weight off...and here I am back at square one .

I just bought a new pair of jeans, they are denim but they have stretch in 'em so they actually feel good. I had to break down and get them since I gave away a lot of my "old" big clothes thinking I was staying on the path to losing. Lucky thing I love shopping. Heh!

Yeah, where is everybody???
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 06:17 PM   #114  

Sorry I didn't show yesterday. I got home and I thought I would start on some scrapbooking. Well, I started looking through some of my old pics as a kid and I started to get a little upset. I don't have any pics with just my dad and I. I have about three of them and they are all blurry. That is just so disturbing to me that all of the pics that we have together arnen't even good. Well, I got pretty depressed and just layed on the sofa all night sulking. I called my mom to see if she had any and she said that she would look.

Summer the place I am in is Salon 51 in Ponchatoula. I still can't get over the fact that you have relatives so close. I will keep my fingers crossed for your results.

Cherie you should come down for Thanksgiving. Joe and I are going to be alone too. He is going deer hunting on Friday so he didn't want to drive 3 hours norht to our camp and then hurry home right after dinner. Normally we will saty for a few days.

Angie I can't believe you brought up Gennel. I was thinking about her the other day. I remember when she moved into her house and I was wondering if she was still doing ok. She was a great motivator wasn't she.

Noelle I don't really care for the journal either. I used to like the way everyone would post comments for you at the end. It made you really see that everyone cares.

I have a board memeber meeting tonight for the subdivision. I am not really looking forward to that. I am kind of fed up with one of my neighbors. He is on the board and he is a big S@%t starter. What is said at the board is meant for board members only but he feels that he needs to run back and inform everyone of everything. If we wanted it public we would enclose it in the newsletter. JERK!

Ok, I am going to head out, I will try to get back on in a little bit.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:10 PM   #115  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Kempy, I missed ya yesterday. I had to work to get the picture of my family that I posted this summer. My Dad hates to have his pic taken but he is getting up there in age and is a huge chain smoker so I wanted to make sure we got something with us all in it. I would love to have professional pics taken of my family but we would never get Dad in the studio. I hope your Mom can find you a nice pic of the two of you.

Noelle, I dont like the new journals either. It was so much nicer the original way way back in the day. I tried a couple of times but it didnt stick. hehe
Old 11-16-2004, 09:04 PM   #116  

Hi girls

I am so tired right now. It has been a busy day, ds had school, had to get pictures taken, and then had his confrences tonight. Whoo, I am spent! Plus I had a gazillion phone calls to make. Had another frozen pizza tonight, oopps....pressed for time. It sounds like everyone is doing okay from what I scanned through quickly....sorry not to get personal tonight but wanted to pop in and say Hello! Julie
Old 11-16-2004, 09:07 PM   #117  

Btw I don't remember a Gennel. I could use her to kick my butt....if she wants to come back. Haha
Old 11-17-2004, 09:27 AM   #118  

Hey guys. I have off today so I need to run some errands for the house. We have a friend coming in to go hunt with Joe so I need to get some things to make dinner with while he is here. When Joe isn't home I usually just eat soup for dinner. I guess I have to actually cook now. DARN!

Julie Gennel used to have a thread and she would do these challenges. I don't know what she did that made them so differnet but everyone would seem to lose on them. She was just awesome. She built a house in FL and I think she just got into being in the new house and she got busy. She was great and I hope that she comes to chat with us. You are going to love her.

I need to jump into some clothes so I can head out. I will check back in a little later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:46 AM   #119  

Good Morning everyone... Just a quick post.. lots to do here at work. It's raining still. Kinda my mood at the moment. Just mellow. I didn't exercise last night, but I did make a big pot of chili. I am going to try to make myself get on the treadmill tonight while the Bachelor is on.

Julie, I don't remember Gennel either... but I'm with you... a big kick in the butt where I lose weight would be great. I am still stuck on my plateau... and I am in a funk about it.. but I guess If I got up and got back on the treadmill, (It's been a WEEK) I'll get closer to my goal eh?

OK... talk to you guys later.. have a great Wednesday....
Old 11-17-2004, 01:57 PM   #120  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey guys!! I had to go to Bangor today to get Corey a static ball(you know those things where you stick your hand on em and the static goes to your hand? ) and Brit a lava lamp for Christmas. While I was there I bought the boxes and packing peanuts for all of your gifts. I will probably mail them out right after Thanksgiving so you can get them before I leave. They are fragile so dont be banging them around or you may have a mess to clean up.

I am so in trouble Wendy's brought back the Wild Mountain Chicken burger. Darn it!!! I love those!!! I think those sandwiches helped to fatten me up last year and throw me off the edge.

I went into the Dollar Tree in Bangor today and bought a ton of crap for the kids stockings so hopefully that is done.

Well, I have to go wrap the gifts up so I can go hide them uinder my bed in the RV Dont want the kids sneaking around my bedroom.