Old 11-01-2004, 07:28 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Formerly SAHM's) #283 Monday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:42 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Monday Morning

Good morning ladies. We are now entering my favorite time of year.
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween. We had lunch/dinner at dh's grandparents, after finding out a couple of hours before, I hate that...anyways, then went to MIL's but because of the rain there were no other kids there. But that was okay. We all had cookies, candy, popcorn, punch and danced and did limbo, I didn't do it, and the hokey pokey and such. Then on the way home stopped by my parents for a few, they live in town and we were there while there were trick or treaters. That was neat.

Dh was in a really bad mood yesterday morning and later on he apologized for it and said he knew he was but didn't know why. He got better until we got home then he was pi**y again. We got in an argument which I hate when we do but I don't really care. So he went to bed at 815 and the kids were pooped and went to bed at 800 so I watched the rest of Desperate Housewives and then Boston Legal. I know dh will be moody and have a chip on his shoulder today especially because we've got too much rain it's going to stop things up for us a bit. And he thinks it's his luck as if it never happens to anyone building a house or something, I know that's why he's moody anyways. Oh well, he'll get over it. I'll just keep grooving along as if nothings the matter and he'll get over his little baby fit sooner or later and I come out being the bigger person.
We've got to school today and luckily stay home today. I'll probably do alittle laundry and that's about it.

Mel, great pics, you look really good. And those kids look adorable.

Deana, mil doesn't get her candy from there. But thanks for the tip.

Geri, how is work going?

Steph, great pics. You look tall in those pictures, are you?

Spryng and Penny, where are you girls at?

Mel, I haven't forgotten about you and the $ order, but believe it or not, we have $0 cash in the bank, we are living off of our last credit card which I don't like. But we're using it for necessities only. Hopefully dh will get some pay by early next week or so. We can't get a draw until the slab is poured and we'll have to assess the damages outside to know how off schedule we'll be.

Jill, hope Bayley is doing better. Is it a cool or warm mist humidifier? I actually had to learn about this. I used one alot when Andrew was a baby.

Hello Chris, Amy, Sherry, Jaymi and all you other sahm's out there. Hope everyone has a great day and I'll bbl.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Just popping in real quick before taking the kids to school and going to work. To answer your question Crystal, I am 5'11" so yes I'm pretty tall. Always have been. Gotta go for now. Be back later.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:14 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI everyone!

I am off to bring Hunter to school, get headed to the gym ( i miss it ) then I have company coming over... So I will check in later

Mel~ Congrats on the weight and I am glad Bubba is feeling well! I am soooo happy that you got into a new size! That is AWESOME!!!!!! HOORAY

Crystal,
Hang in there girly! I know the weather did the same thing to us when we where building It sucks I know.

Michelle,
Great pics! Didcha get the clothes yet?

Jill,
I'm still here Love ya!

I would to address everyone but I gotta get everyone out the house! Have a wonderful day!

Geri, Ginny, Ricci, Jaymi, Kristen, Cheri, Melinda, Deana, Steph, Spryng, Chris, Cindi, Julie... and all you other SAHM's Have a great one!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:24 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning to Y'all!

Thanks for the warm welcome over the weekend!

I'm going to c&p my last post for Sat. night cause it will answer some questions. I have to zip off the kids to school right now and won't be back
for a while. then home a short bit mid- morn and then off again for the childrens all day party. TTYL~Roxy

p.s. rats! be back later try again!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:46 AM   #6  

Michelle, the pics of the kids and you and dh are great! Abigail saw the pics of your little cinderella and said "LOOOK another Cinderella!!!!" It was really cute... I'm sure they, and you guys of course, enjoyed trick or treating!

Crystal, hope dh has a better day, so you don't have to deal with the moodiness. Don't worry about rushing with the MO. If you can only send me half when you get money then thats what you can do. Just send what you can when you can...k?

Penny, ttyl. I'll try to give you a buzz later today to get the dirt on your trip. Thanks again for the snail mail.

Welcome Roxy!

Hey Steph! HOw's the gym going? Have a good one!

Deana, did you get to check out Curves this weekend? If I find more coups I'll let ya know! Sometimes I get stuff.

Anyway, slow moving morning. Abigail has no school this week. I am doing some laundry and then I'm going to head out to the gym and catch up on my cardio. I think I need an hour of it today. Uhhhhhh! I missed friday-today, because bugga had the eye appointment friday. I need a bit extra, especially, that I snuck in a piece or two of the candy and Had a half creame filled donut at a friends. And what did she serve for dinner????? Lassanga!!! Not something I make, but will eat if. I have a lot to work off this a.m. I'll check back in later. I'll posts pics too.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning girls!!

Penny PM me the email addy you want me to use to paypal you okay Oh and how much! I'm glad you had a great time and thanks so much for the postcard!! I loved it!! They haven't arrived yet maybe today

Mel congrats on getting into a new size!! That is so exciting!! Yes I just couldn't resist the cinderella dress and Taylor just loved it too! But it was a bit big on her so she kept tripping over the hem of the dress so maybe she can be cinderella again next year

Crystal How are you feeling? I may have missed the post but did something happen with your new home?

So I had to get up at 4 this morning Teagan woke up screaming and not feeling good at all So I took her up to the ER and she had a fever and they diagnosed her with an upper respiratory virus but her lungs were clear on xray so no pneumonia. But I feel so bad for her she is just miserable So needless to say I'm going back to bed I'm exhausted!!

I will TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:49 AM   #8  

Michelle, I'm soooo sorry about Teagan. How is she this morning? Any better? Poor little thing. I hate when they are sick like that. Also, Abigail's dress was big too, so I glue gunned a hem.... I don't have a sewing machine and my trusty glue gun does the trick for stuff like that...lol. Wish I would have konw, I would have given you my trusty hint earlier.

Here's some pics all. One is Abigail and her bf. Also, the first is bugga playing in front of our house and the second is the view from our house to across the street. Thought I'd share, since it was so pretty. Enjoy! Sorry, the one is so big!

Old 11-01-2004, 09:56 AM   #9  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!!!

It's rainy and gloomy here again today for the 3rd day in a row. Of course it would be...no school today. So needless to say the kids are stuck inside again...uggghhhh.

Mel: I didn't get to check it out this weekend but dh knows I am planning to go tomorrow so I won't have to worry about trying to talk to them over Abby . We will be going to vote in the morning then he can be home with her while I go to Curves. I'll let you know when I get back if they will take it and what it's worth on membership. Dh has already said I can go ahead and join, I'm just a little tight when it comes to putting out money on myself so hopefully it will be a huge discount .

Michelle: Poor Teagan, hope she gets to feeling better soon. Sooo glad it wasn't pneumonia. I take it the rum punch was really good last night?!? Glad you had a good time.

Penny: Well......did ya hit a big jackpot? Did ya? Huh, huh? Where did you stay? Did you have a great time? it was just you and dh, right? We want details hon!!!

Roxy: Have a great day!

Crystal: Men can be such babies! Mine got frustrated with my mood yesterday and left for work 10 minutes early. He was over it later though when he called me. It must be something in the air .

Steph: Wow, wish I was taller! I'm 5'5" and almost as wide . Have a great day!

Well when dh called last night it sealed what I figured....I'm not going anywhere tonight because he was asked to volunteer for 4 hours tonight, 8-midnight. And then he tried to play it off that he needed to get to sleep so he could get up and spend some time with me before he has to leave. But I know how that goes....he'll be in his garage rearranging things again until I send one of the kids to tell him supper is ready...then out the door. I told him I won't plan on going out anywhere by myself because if I do he will have to work extra. He said he would just tell them he can't but I don't want him to pass up work and extra money because there are things he wants and bills to pay. Not to mention Christmas coming and I need to start my shopping soon. Besides, if I do go somewhere that takes away an evening I could be spending with him. Guess it's a no win situation . Oh well, enough whining!

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:00 AM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Mel: Those are sooooo cute!!! And the view is just beautiful! All I can see is bean fields for 3 directions and the one view that is decent, the leave are almost gone already. Can't believe winter is almost here!
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:02 AM   #11  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default OMG!! I got the job!!!

I start on Monday! Do you have any idea how scary that is??? I will be a teaching assisitant for the 2 year old class and my hours will be from 8am til the numbers drop and I can go home! I have done the work before, but I just haven't had to work with 7 kids before, so I hope it works out well. They better plan on helping me more around here, that's for sure.

I have to buy clothes to wear. I can only wear blue jeans on Friday, and that's all I have!! Yikes!

So much to do and think about and plan! I can do this, can't I?

I wil be back to post more later! Going to the grocery store!

Love to all my chicks!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:07 AM   #12  
Sherry

Hi Girls!
Can't chat for long but wanted to drop in and say hi! It's been a few days since I've been on. Busy w/the kiddies you know! Mel....love the pictures! What cute kids and your house is beautiful!

Ok, check back later!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. We got up and went in search of some nice slacks for me for work... didn't find any. I want some that looks young and not an old ladies dress pant, lol... hard to find. I guess I will go search again next weekend. I did find a pair at walmart that were ok. But they only had size 8 and up and I tried the 8 on and it was too big. I can't believe I'm really and truly a size 6 now! It's hard to wrap my head around I guess. I still see me as that size 16 at times.
Anyway, bubba ending up getting sick yesterday. Ran and fever and body aches. He refused to take medicine. He has no other symptoms so I don't know what he has. But today his fever is 100.6 and he says he doesn't hurt anymore so maybe his body is fighting it on it's own. We'll see. But I'll be staying in today.
So since he was sick yesterday we didn't go anywhere after we came back home. We were suppose to go to MIL house but I didn't want them to catch what Bubba had. So we stayed home and did some karaoke (always fun, lol) played video games, ate pizza, and then watched all our shows last night on tv. So it was a comfy night at home. Dh left at 6:30 this morning and I miss him already.
BUT--- one week from today I start working!!!! I get so excited just thinking about it!!
So today I have a house to re-clean. Shouldn't take too long though. I'm going to work some more in my bedroom too. Not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight, I'll have to look at my menu. So I'll post that later.

Cindi, when did this happen?? I haven't caught up on yesterday's thread yet so I didn't know you applied for a job! How exciting!!! Fill me in on all the details!

Deana, so sorry you can't go anywhere tonight. Where were you planning on going? What will you be making for dinner?

Mel, thanks for all the pics!!! Such cute costumes! And congrats on the size down!!! Feels so good doesn't it?

Michelle, so sorry to hear about Teagan! I hope she gets better today. Did they give her something to take?

Penny, welcome back!! How was your trip? HOw was the hotel room? Did you take lots of pics?

Steph, how are you today?

Crystal, hopefully your dh cheers up today. I'm sure building a house is stressful but it sounds like you handled yourself well. Your night last night sounded fun!

OK, I'm going to read sunday's thread so I get caught up. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:38 AM   #14  

Spryng, Hey Lady! I know what you mean about finding an in between style. It's either teeniebobber or old ladyish. Frustrating. Try Macy's style and co. I find some stuff that's in between. Sorry, bubba's not feeling well. Sounds like you had fun at home with the family though. I love karaoke and hanging out! Hope bubba feels better soon, at least he doesn't have the aches anymore. That's the worst. Have a good day.

Cindi, Congrats on the job. Cloths hunting. Yuck! Just get the basics, mix and match! If you have the wear the same 4 things each week do it! You'll have plenty for Fridays...lol. Have a good one@!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:52 AM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Checking in before we start school.

Hi Spryng, sorry you couldn't find any slacks.

Cindi, WTG on the job. So happy for you. I'm sure it will work out great.

Steph, you are tall, how I would LOVE to be taller.

Mel, great pics. You're kids look alot like you and look like each other.

Michelle, I'm feeling fine. The house is fine, it just rained like crazy last night and may have postponed our slab pouring by a day or so, not too big of a deal.

Well dh is NO better today. BIG chip on his shoulder. Always handles things that way. See he called me the B**CH and I'm over it but he's still mad, go figure. I realized he wins if it annoys me for him to call me names, but if I pretend like it doesn't bother me then what does he win...??? Nothing!!! I told him yes, I was being one and had to be to put up with him. I just can't figure out how he can stay mad but I'm the one he called names...Oh well. I'm the bigger person here and he can have his fit and so on.
Anyways, we're getting ready to start school, ttyl.