Old 11-19-2004, 06:29 PM   #46  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Heh jolly, sorry to hear things are rough for you too. What's this, did you lose your job that you need a parttime job too? You said "after work" so I assume you're still working. Do you just need to make more? Sorry, but because I've been out of it, I don't know what's going on with people. You can tell me about it and let off some steam. Rant on! And I hope your back feels better.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:05 AM   #47  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey ladies,
Just a quick drive by. We sold our house on Friday night. 12 days on the market and we got pretty near what we wanted for it. No great fortune but enough to put down on another place. I am most glad that we are done showing it. Was a pain having to scoot out of the house 2 to 3 times a day as they were showing it. We put a bid in on a house in the new town but we could not come to an agreeable price with the seller so we dropped it. Went down last week to the new office for training. I will be working 2 jobs in 2 different offices for the first 4 months. Life is going to be many shades of hectic I'm sure.

Seems like we are all struggling a bit here. No matter what, we can't give up the fight. Seems like we have about 4 good weeks a year to get in the groove and then spend most of the time pulling ourselves up out of the trenches. Why can't things be perfect?

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is this week already. We'll be closing the house sale and moving 2 days after Christmas if all goes well. I'm sure it will be a blur.

Have been thinking of you all and lurking when I can. I hope the threads don't die out before I can get back here on a regular basis but I did want to jump in and say hi.

Have a nice holiday this week - hope you all get an extended weekend and eat more turkey than pumpkin pie!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:58 AM   #48  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

huge hugs all around here........ ((((((((((( Raven, Cachee )))))))))) you two have gone thru such an emotional struggle this past month. (((((((( Jolly))))))) cuz your sick and its no fun being sick. (((((((((((( Red)))))))))) your back!! Yayyyyyyyyyy!! you have been missed heaps. (((((((((((( Happy )))))))) Congrats on the house selling! its a whole new world out there for you. fresh start, new begining, how often do we get to say that in life??!! not very make the most of it! and sending ((((((((((((Lucky)))))))))) a mental hug just so she knows she is thought of and cared about. oooooooo and sending (((((((((( Hippie ))))))))))) one as well, your missed too doll.......come back to the home-thread! there are others to who have come and gone that i wish good things for. but the hugs are special for you ladies, the foundation, the rocks of this thread. thru thick and thin and a lil thicker ( for at least 3 of us who gained back 15 of the original pounds we lost so far.......shhhh, a glitch i am sure...~winks n grinz~) you ladies hold a special place in my heart and i just wanted you to know how very grateful i am that your here. i look forward to sharing a new year with you, with all its trials, tribulations, and triumphs!! thread dying......bah...... cant happen, not with the friendships that have been forged here!

this past week has been goodly food and water wise, exercise mediocre comparitively speaking to where i was. i am suprised that the water has been such a struggle. i have gotten myself back to a solid litre and a half and this next week i am aiming for 2 1/4. but i am forcing it down, its like it has become my albatrose you know?? i feel like the lil guy in the dunkin doughnut commercials as i slug my way thru the apartment......."time to drink the waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" i keep telling myself and this too shall pass.

right now inatimate objects are not my friends! my diet power program has turned on me because i have neglected it. ( and its filled in its own figures based on my past figures) and it has me below 1200 calories a day AND my projected weight loss higher then when i started this lifestyle....... so i am ignoring its figures and just being mindful of logging in what i eat and how much i excerise. sooner or later it will re-adjust itself to the "good for me" . my scale hates me too, since i have recommitted myself to this endeavour it has gone up 4 pounds! i have always had a love/ hate issue with that thingie, maybe this is it way of getting me back for kicking it under the sink. and lastly, what is the worst appliance that could break on me? ~visions of the coffepot filling her head , she retypes~ What is the 2 nd worse appliance that could break on me?? ~with the gentle glow of her puter illuminating the keys, she sighs and retypes~ What is the worst appliance that could break on me......AT this time of year??? okies nevermind...... i will tell you ~laughing~ MY OVEN!!! i have two Thanksgivings this week to cook for, and and and home-made christmas presents to make and bake and and and with my daughters big 12th birthday on the first and and and christmas coming........ this couldnt of happened at a worser time for me, financially and feastingly speaking.

its not all gloom and doom here i assure you, but its all i have time for at the moment sorry to dump and run. but i will pop back later on today to fill ya in on the good ~smiling brightly~ just like my last i have to run. ~laughing~

sincerely,
sassy da queen of run on sentences and other intangibles........lol
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:13 AM   #49  

Hi all. Payroll Monday, so this will also be a quick drive by posting. Red, I need a part time job because I continue to live outside my means. Plus, I am getting the Lasik eye surgery next year, so I need the extra to cover that as well. I had the test Saturday to make sure I was a good candidate. They dilated my pupils (the first time I have ever had that done). I spent the next day + walking around like Puss N Boots from "Shrek 2."

I had a good day yesterday shopping. I have been in between sizes 18 and 20 for a bit now, and every 18 I tried on yesterday fit. Was a good feeling.

I did not make the gym the last two days, however, due to not feeling well. The backache may be something more - I am checking with the doctor today.

so, have a great day and week all. Glad to hear from so many quiet voices, and hope to hear more soon
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #50  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies,

Ugh, I'm here after an exhausting weekend of cleaning/organizing/shopping, etc. Hubby's family gets here in three days, so it was crunch time and we needed to get stuff finished.

Good news is that I did all the shopping for our dinner. Not going to be too bad. I think the worst things I have on the menu is either cheese mashed taters or the cranberry sauce. No pie--just sugar free fruit salad, sf chocolate pudding pie and a friend is making a pumpkin roll. Don't want to set myself up for failure before I even eat on that day.

Just getting ready for the Christmas party potluck now and the actual party. I have enough fabric to make blankets for each of the kids. Just a matter of getting it done. That would be able four blankets a day, and I think I can do that. I'll think about it tonight and see what I come up with.

Red: How are your legs doing? That would really concern me if mine were going numb. I'll keep you and all your situations in my thoughts. I know you are going through a lot. Thankfully, your computer is working!!

Happy: Big congrats on selling your home! That is wonderful news. Your new job(s) sound very exciting, but also very hectic. When we go back to NC for vacation next year, I think we should meet up and invite everyone else along!!

Jolly: Very exciting that you are into the 18's now. I'm so happy for you. My 16's are a bit tight right now, but that will go away in about two weeks! It makes shopping fun when you can buy new smaller sizes. Still thinking about the second job, huh?

Sassy: Oh how I love your run-on sentences....your oven broke? OH NO! What are you going to do? Happy early birthday to your daugher. Tough age! I plan on eating a lot of fruit salad, and that is about it for my desserts. Gotta get these gained back pounds gone!

Raven: Just wanted to say howdy.

Back to work for me. Making chili and cornbread tonight. Well, one slice of cornbread for me!

Happy Monday!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:13 PM   #51  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All.

I probably won't be posting again until Tuesday. Busy week ahead and will be off work also.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and remembers what the holiday is all about.

Don't eat too much!

Chach
Old 11-23-2004, 03:00 PM   #52  

I just want to wish everyone a blessed holiday. Good luck with jobs, moves, and plain ol' holiday stress we all deal with. Let's keep our spirits and voices strong.

I am in the middle of a health scare. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing more than a wake up call to keep myself and my health my top priority. But keep me in your htoughts, please. And give me a kick in the butt if I seem to be wanting to sit and wallow. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Dec. 7th to find out why I have been having some bleeding. Joy.

Again, a blessed holiday to all.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:52 AM   #53  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All.

Jolly, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things turn out okay and they can figure out what is wrong and correct it. December 7th is also my 4 month post-op with my surgeon. We'll see what he says about my right underarm area.

Happy Thanksgiving. See everyone back here next Tuesday.

Chach
Old 11-24-2004, 03:01 PM   #54  
Never give up

Jolly, keeping my fingers crossed for you. . .
Old 11-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #55  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Wishing that everything comes out ok with the tests Jolly.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 06:11 PM   #56  
Never give up

Not much action on this thread these days. And I'm not helping, am I? I guess with it being the Thanksgiving time of year and all. . . diets and such are hard to think about. Well, I'm coming up for a bit of air now before another onslaught of work. Big stories to write today and tomorrow at the races. I'm learning to relish an extra hour of sleep. It feels luxurious to sleep past 6. Well, it is. Been up at 4:30 every day.

Where is everyone these days? Have you deserted for another thread, just not into the weight loss? I'm looking absolutely horrible these days. Stress coupled with little exercise, very poor eating but lots of it. I've given up, have just resigned myself to looking like **** for a while. Oh well, I'm sure this will teach me how to be tougher. . .
Old 11-29-2004, 08:55 AM   #57  

I think everyone was just busy with the holidays, Red. What races are you writing about??

I am still wanting to lose weight. I have just let myself get totally sidetracked. That is always my big problem. I let myself get sidetracked, and go into hibernation mode. I should have a big loss next week, as I have to be on clear liquids for a day and a half. Joy. I haven't been working out, so am slowly getting back into that. And really really really need to watch my eating. Gaining weight back is not going to help anything. The truly ironic thing is that I have been so worried that this is something that is going to need treatment that might prevent me from riding my horse and working out, that I have been too depressed to ride and work out.

I am such a head case.

Well, I hope everyone had a good holiday, and drifts back here soon.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:55 AM   #58  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello ladies.

Back from the holiday. Wasn't suppossed to work today, but hubby and in-laws were just going souvenier shopping, etc, so I thought I'd come in to work.

Jolly: When will you hear about your test results? I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Red: You'll find when the holidays roll around we all tend to get a little absent on the thread. Just one of those things that happens. Most of us still check in and at least read it, though.

I haven't seen my in-laws for two years, so I guess I really looked different to them. They said I looked fabulous and that I had really changed in looks. Made me feel good to have someone notice and know that what I have been doing is really working. Made me get back on the treadmill this morning for the hardest workout I've had to date on it. Time to get back into it.

Packed my salad for lunch, baked Lays chips, and some Neccos. That is for my sweet cravings.

Hi to everyone else...

Happy Monday!

Chach