Old 10-27-2004, 08:45 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Formerly SAHM's) #278 *Wednesday*

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/202.5/135

Height: 5'3"

goodmorning

well I had a bit of a set back last evening...probably ate about 1900 calories....I am PMSing.....not that, that is an excuse....but anyway....back at it again today....as the only way to lose is to keep at it.....normally I would have thrown in the towel........but that just is the path to being fatter.......onward we go!!

will check back in for personals later.

have a great day!
kandie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5 foot

Hi everyone!! It’s still early today, so I havent’ done anything yet. I really want to go back to sleep! I always get up to exercise.. So it shouldn’t be that big of a deal!! Well anyways I met this woman yesterday with my dh. We went out to eat with them. FINALLY someone I have in common right here in SC.. but I'll be moving soon probably so that sucks! She has a 3rd grader, but she stays at home and watches 2 toddlers during the day.(for money) She's on WW.. so she diets and everything! She's cool! Maybe for once I'll make a friend. Derrick says, we'll here's someone that you will meet and never talk to again! But since I got an email address too.. I doubt it! LOL So I exercised and my calories were going GREAT until..... we went ate out. I'll be damned if I pay 10.00 for a stupid salad! I might as well eat some real food! So me and my dh shared some fried shrimp, ribs, and chicken strips with fries. It came with a salad, so I ate that too! My calories were probably high... but not that bad! I didn't over eat. So let’s see

Michelle- I will say special prayers for him! I’m soo sorry to hear about that!
I hope the doctors are wrong, and he’ll be better soon. Oh, and since I don’t have AOL anymore, I lost the msn website address. Can you let me know what it is again?

Ok my mind just went BLANK!! All the comments I wanted to make from the last thread… I forgot. So I’ll try to get back with you all later!

To everyone else I missed…. Have a great day!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:16 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I didn't get back on last night, the kids had the copmputer tied up all night and I was busy sewing patches....again. Quite a bit planned today. Abby's Fall party for preschool is at 10:15 this morning, bring her home and get lunch then head off to school for the boys parties, then cub scouts right after that. And to top it off, Scott volunteered to go in for 4 hours tonight so......

Michelle: Too scary about that young man. How old is he? Any word yet? I will keep them in my thoughts. Too cool about the Halloween party.

Jeniqua: Sorry to hear about the incident with your neighbors. Some people are just real idiots.

Mel: Soooo glad to hear that Patrick doesn't have sugar diabetes. Hope they don't find anything serious.

Chris: Did ya find it? HUH? HUH? Tell me you did, please.

Jill: Oh no! You talk to your mother about me? . How is she doing? Isn't she dieting too? How did the family pics come out? We wanna see em!

Spryng: Hope you finally got to the movies last night. What did you see? Did you have fun?

Kristin: Forced TOM? That sux. Hope it all works itself out soon. Then you'll be preggo before you know it .

Crystal: Does having the forms done put the size of it in more perspective now? I bet it does. Is it going to be huge?

Jaymi: WTG on the excercise and eating yesterday. Have you tried putting something in your water to make it go down easier so you can drink more? Keep it up girl. 10 pounds in a month is completely feasible. You can do it!!!

Angel: YES YES YES it does feel great. I have adopted a new lifestyle as far as eating and a new attitude about being fat. I don't wanna anymore!!! The tickers are at tickerfactory.com. It will walk you through the steps just be sure if you are doing weight pick the one that says weight, not weight tracker. I think that is more for babies weights as they grow. If you have any questions just ask.

Thank you all for the wtg's and woohoo's on my loss. I have a goal in sight and I'm going to keep it that way. Holidays~pishawww~ I can eat around the fattening stuff!

Well dh is home and waiting on a friend to come by and get him to go look at a barn he is tearing down then he'll be off to bed as soon as he gets back. I need to hop in the shower nad get ready for the school parties today.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Boy I am dragging today for some reason. The movies went fine last night. Shark Tale was cute... not as funny as I thought it would be but it was cute. There is a cartoon coming out called Robots that has Robin Williams in it that looks hilarious, can't wait until that comes out. DS (3 yo) was a pain the butt 1/2 way through the movie. He didn't want to sit he wanted to crawl all over the floor (and we all know what lurks down there, lol) then he started leaving the aisle and I'd have to go get him. Irritating to say the least. He ended up in alot of trouble. But all in all it was fine. Glad I can just stay home today and do nothing... well I say nothing but I mean clean clean clean! LOL... since we went to the movies it through me off schedule so I didn't get Ava's room clean yesterday or work on my room at all, so today I'll catch up on those plus what I have planned for today, which is the living room and to deep clean the kitchen. So it sounds like alot of stuff but if I get started by 9 am I should be done by noon. Dinner tonight will be fish and fries, what are you all having?

Deana, your day sounds busy today!

Jaymi, I feel the same way when I eat out, I hate paying high prices for lettuce, lol. You would think salads would be the cheapest thing on the menu because goodness knows you can get a huge bag of premade salad for nothing... they make a huge profit on that stuff, lol. So I never order it either, I'd rather order something fattening but eat half, you know? So glad you made a new friend? Where did you meet her? And why and when are you moving? I guess I missed that post.

Kathy, I wouldn't worry about the cals you ate yesterday. Sounds like 1900 is enough to maintain your weight so you won't gain from it. Just keep moving forward!

Angel, congrats on the exercise this morning! You are starting off great today!

MIchelle, thanks for the reminder about the swap! I'm so excited about it!! Do you think we should fill out some sort of questionaire that tells our hobbies and interests so we have some sort of idea what to buy the other person? So sorry to hear about your sister's nephew. Scary. I hope I never have to worry about my kids like that and I pray it was the spider bite. Keep us updated. When will they know?

Kristin, did you watch the biggest loser last night? I caught the last 10 min. I like the red team alot so I was sad for them. But after the first week of amazing losses it's only normal for them to not lose or maintain this week, you know? Why isn't anyone telling them that? They are working out like crazy and that is building lean muscle, so they all probably lost fat and not know it. So inches were gone I bet. O-well, things will pick up for them again I know it.

Crystal, any pics you can share with us yet??

Well I need to get off here and get dressed. Looks like I'll get an early start on this house, lol. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!

Jaymi the msn site is http://groups.msn.com/momslosingweight

Kathy hang in there girly...today you should purge your household of junk food, just get it out of there. Stock up on fresh fruits and veggies and tea, bottles of water etc...just get the bad stuff out!! Also in the afternoon try a wedge of lemon in your water....it may help curb your night time cravings.

Crystal....hows my baby JK~~But really how is the baby doing? How are you?

Spryng yes I will go put up a short questionaire at the msn group site. I'm glad you had a pretty good time out at the movies last night. Taylor can't wait to go see Polar Express and I must admit that neither can I!!

Deana, hopefully we will hear more back today, I should clarify that Shaun isn't a "Direct" Member of my family but in the extended family or family by association lol. I've already talked to my sister about all of his stuff so far and informed her that I will be there for them no matter what! I'm praying too that it is nothing serious. I guess they did find poison in his leg but it hadn't yet reached the muscle and at this point they really don't think his "bad" bloodwork and the painful leg and muscle atropy has anything to do with a spider bite that is over a week old. I'm waiting patiently for an update and praying for a miracle.

Okay I finished all my assignments for this week for my IT 101 course I had to do a web search and find 3 sites that would be helpful in writing my COM110 final paper and then I had to research the sites to make sure they were up to date and that the information was valid and that the site providing the information was credible with acceptible credentials. Now I just have to work on my assignments for COM110 the rest of the week.

I better get off here Taylor has stripped down to nothing and is running around screaming NAKEY BUTT!!

Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #7  
Sherry

Default Morning!

Goodmorning ladies!
Just popping in to say hi! Seems as tho some of us are still sleeping! Or busy! I myself had a girlscout mtg this mng at Dunkin doughnuts. Like I told Deanna I'm going to be a Brownie leader and had to find out what to do. I totally had no idea. I volunteered to do this because no one else wanted to....as usual. Why is it it 's the same moms (parents) that do everything? My mom told me that's how it's always been and always will be. But it's just not fair. I don't want to kids to ever lose out on anything because a parent won't help so I always end up doing it. I must say it does make me feel good when the kids enjoy it tho! I wasn't very good at the doughnut shop...no doughnuts but I had a bagel w/ sausage egg and cheese. DH and I had an entertainment book coupon fo buy one get one free and he wanted one so I got one too! Bad idea. But....on the bright side it's all I've had so far today and I won't eat again till 1:30ish. On the down side I'm sure it's all the calories and pts I've even allowed for the entire day! I'll just have to be extra good the rest of the day!

I hope you all have a good one! I'll check in later.
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:54 AM   #8  
I'm a homeschool mama

Morning ladies, can't post much, going to check the progress outside. The pictures I'm taking are on a disposable camera, when it's full then I can post some. Hope everyone is doing well. Be back later.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:07 PM   #9  
Jeniqua

Good morning everyone!! Today I am very motivated and energized. I woke up this morning and did my Cardio exercise video. I've drank all 64 oz of water today already! I've been so full of energy. I'm so glad it's Wednesday!! I am finally focused and ready to reach my goal. All my clothes have gotten too small or are very tight on me and I hate it! I started the South Beach Diet today phase 1. This morning for breakfast I had eggs, sausage. I also had my glass of lemon water of course with it. I have to admit that I don't care for salads but I'm going to make myself eat it. Size 5 here I come..*YAY*

My husband and I are in the process of remodeling a house before we close on it. It has been very draining financially. We have to paint the whole house, repaint all the walls and fix every broken window. The people that used to live here before us really messed up the house. It's a gorgeous house though. We were suppose to close this week but we're waiting til March now, Thank God! That will help us alot.

Kathy~ I'm with you..I'm getting rid of all the junk food in my house today as well, we can do this!!

Michelle~ Have you heard anything on Shaun yet?? I'm praying for him.

Jaymi~ I am the same as well when I go out and eat too! I feel as long as I don't overeat I'm okay. We have to splurge every once in a while, right??

Sherry~ Good morning Lady!! I'm so glad you're going to be a brownie leader! That's so nice. I signed my daughter up for girl Scouts and they don't have a leader for kindergartners either. You're doing great!! Keep it up!

Angel~ Great job with working out! Way to go!

Michelle~ What is the Swap? LOL!! Your son sounds like mine.. You've gotta love them!

Deana~ Thnaks, I hate that people are so ignorant. Your day sounds like a Saturday for me! Have a good one.

Spryng~ I just realized our kids are close in age. My husband and I will be married 6 years on Feb. 13th. I have a 5,3(will be 4 Dec.27th) and a 2 year old. I know, if your kids are anything like mine, you're a real busy lady

Well back to tending to the kids..I'll be back in a bit!! Everyone else I forgot to mention..may today be a day that we eat healthy and focus on our goals!

SW/CW/GW
160/160/120
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:38 PM   #10  

Hello All. Hope you are all having a good day so far. I burned 329 calories on the treadmill and then another 20 on the eliptical. That thing is harder than it looks! I did it for about 8 minutes or so just to try it! I also did some stretching with the weight ball. I feel pretty good. Food has been a bit tough, but not bad.

Spryng, did you watch the Biggest Loser last night? I felt so bad for the guy that gained the three pounds. I also wanted to strangle the guy who made a joke about voting that girl off. I hope he gets voted off. That's not team effort teasing people the way he does. When do you start your job? Good luck cleaning today.

Deana, maybe you'll have the coupon today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

MIchelle, any more news on the poison, did it go past his leg?

Crystal, Can't wait to see pics of the house beginnings.

Sherry, good luck at the girl scout meeting. Don't eat any of those donuts!

Kathy, don't worry about yesterday. You are doing the right thing about plugging along today. I know what you mean though. It's hard when you know you did something you shouldn't have and you feel like you messed the whole thing up. But you didn't mess it all up, just one day ...right? You're doing so well! Keep up that spirit and you'll do great!

Jaymi, I'm so glad you found you found someone who you have can relate too. This will really help you along.

Jeniqua, great job on the exercise this morning! Keep up the good work.

Anyway, no call from the doctor yet on Patricks blood work, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:27 PM   #11  

Update on shaun: It is Leukemia, they don't know what sub type yet but definately Leukemia. They've brought him out of the drug induced coma and he seemed to be feeling better but it could be the heavy meds he's on. They don't want to tell him yet because they kind of want him to get more used to the idea that what's happening can be very serious. Just wanted to update you all.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:32 PM   #12  

Jeniqua go to http://groups.msn.com/momslosingweight and apply to join the group we are having a friendship swap for this holiday season. Its not an xmas swap because some of us don't celebrate the holidays so we are having a friendship swap to send a small token of our friendship and commitment to one another. Deadline to sign up is 10-31-03 and I posted a few rules for the swap on the last thread.

LOL its so funny you called Taylor my son, she is actually my daughter but I always say that I think she should have been a boy lol. Its all my fault I told my doctor I wasn't going to leave the hospital until she was a girl

Have a great day girls, I'm going to go make some phone calls and see if I can get some of Allies Angels in Spokane WA to deliver a meal to Shauns family in the hospital, they can't really afford anything.

TTYL
Michelle
Old 10-27-2004, 02:02 PM   #13  

Michelle, thoughts and prayers for shaun. That's really awful!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:23 PM   #14  
Sherry

Michelle,
I'm so sorry to hear about shaun! I don't know what I'd do if it were one of my children! My prayers are definately w/you. If you need an ear you know we're all here!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:38 PM   #15  
**Kristin**

Good Morning Gals ! I have gotten so much done today! Got the whole main floor of the house done, the living, dining and kitchen. Washed the wood floor by hand and spot cleaned the carpet, etc. I am beat now! So I am done "cleaning" for the day...well deep cleaning...I can't help myself, I am constantly picking things up when they are out of place, so I know that will happen, and I need to fold the laundry that is ALL DONE !!! WHO-HOO!! SO I am pumped!

Michelle - I am so sorry to hear about Shaun...I know that you will be such a wonderful person to have in his life. Whatever we can do to help you make a difference, LET US KNOW! Its people like you that made The Scott Family so successful to raise the money,etc, since we all know that nothing can be accomplished alone! I'm praying hard, hunny!

Crystal - Glad that things are going so well! Keep us updated! When is the expected finish date?

Spryng - I saw the whole episode last night, I was not surprised at all that they didn't lose as much. THe first week was all the water weight and getting all the toxins out from what they were eating before. I liked the read team too. I like their trainer better, but the 'funny guy" and the one that won't work as hard is really bothering me! ITs not on for another 2 weeks, and I guess that (according to the previews) they make a lot of progress and things are going better for both teams) Did you see what they had to do to call home (as a preview for next week?? EAT A GIANT CINNAMON ROLL WITH TONS OF FROSTING!!! How rude!!! LOL!

Melissa - Keeping my fingers crossed for you too! I hope it is nothing seroious with Patrick. I hear ya about the food being a challenge...that is the one thing that is pulling me. I love sliced deli roast beef and I almost bought some at the store yesterday.....I was talking to myself out loud so I would stay away from it! LOL!

Shaniqua - I understand the stress of remodeling to sell a house, that is what my parents are going through too, and I (being an only child) am asked about every little detail, so I get stressed that I am giving them the right advise!

Sherry - I know, it always ends up being the same moms, but just think that you could help make a diference in some young womens lives, and it is their loss fi they don't want to experience that! so HA! LOL!

Jaymi - MOVING? yeah, fill me in too! I must have missed that! LOL!! I understand about going out, and eating your moneys worth...anywhere we go, I try and always order a "lite" item or something that they hae marked healthy, or low carb, etc. It usually tastes just as good!

Deana - You are doing awesome, and I love the sound effects. LOL! I was dying laughing while doign that, and picturing a smart a@@ look on your face while you were sayign that! Have fun at the parties!

Kathy - Take one day at a time, its all you can do! Better yet take it half a day at a time. If you screw up on breakfast, make it right at lunch, etc! You can do it! We are here for you!

Angel - WAY to go!!! YOu are getting right back on track like you wanted....I bet that posting here again is helping...admitt it, you like us, you need us! LOL! Im a brat I know!

Love to anyone I missed! Have a great OP day!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote