Old 07-12-2004, 08:56 AM   #1  
Beauty is within...

Default I need a challenge - again!

This is a search to catch up with my old pals - I'm really missing you all and could really do with some friendly "faces" at the moment.

Jo, Chris, all of you, I hope you're all out there.

I'm gonna keep this fairly short, just mainly a chance to get back in touch.

As you can imagine, life has been pretty crappy, and it seems to get harder as the reality of it all starts to set in. I'm missing Marc so much, and only just starting to feel the impact of his death.

I've stacked on the weight - too much comfort eating, and I really need to get myself back in some semblance of control.

The kids are ok - Becky's too young to know what's going on, but Josh is struggling. It's hard because we are both finding it harder now as time goes on, so our patience is not the best at the moment.

I hope you're all ok and thanks again for all your emails.

Take care and look forward to getting back in touch.

Lynne
LoseForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:00 AM   #2  
Beauty is within...

This is not comforting! Only kidding... :-)

You're all probably as busy as me, so I might email you instead.

Take care Lynne
LoseForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:54 AM   #3  

Lynne,

I am here. I had stopped checking in cause no one was ever here. Glad to see you are back, now if only we could get Jo back in here. I havent talked to her in ages!

I know things are hard on you, but I hope that the knowledge that people care about you is some comfort. I will continue to remember you in prayer.

Things here are going well. I am in my 30th week of pregnancy. Just really starting to get to the uncomfortable stage. I had a terrible sore spot in my belly yesterday. Couldnt walk, couldnt stand up straight. Finally I laid down and started feeling it and realized that it was rock hard. That is when I realized that the baby was laying right there, so I started to gently massage him, trying to get him to move off. Finally he did and the pain went away. That was a new experience for me. At least next time I will better know what it is and take action sooner.

I have the nursery all done. Just waiting for baby showers now to get the things we have not gotten yet....and there is still plenty, believe me. I never realized how much STUFF a little person needs--Geesh. I told Barry that we might need to buy a bigger house--LOL

I really cant remember how much I have told you guys, so if I repeat myself I am sorry.

We are having a little boy. At least that is what the ultrasound said and the tech was pretty sure of it. We are naming him Brooks William.

I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes 2 weeks ago. They are controlling me with diet right now and if all goes well will continue to do so thoughout the remainder of the pregnancy. They have told me that in all likelihood it will go away as soon as I deliver Brooks. I am very borderline with it and as a matter of fact they just lowered the exceptable number range last year. My dr told me based on the old numbers I would have passed.
Regardless, I look at this as a good thing. The diet has forced me to start eating better (it reminds me a lot of ww) and has made my weight gain taper off. At my 6 month appt I had gained 25 lbs already. At my 7 month appt I had only gained another 1-2 lbs. So that was much better.

Well, I had better go. I have got tons of stuff to get done around this house today, not to mention work demands.

I will check in more often now that I know you are back, Lynne. I hope Jo will return soon as well. Do you have her email? If so, email her and tell her to get back in here!!!!!
wannabeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 02:59 PM   #4  

bump
Old 08-22-2004, 09:33 PM   #5  

Lynne & Chris--Just checked the old sights tonight and found you both again. I've really missed checing in and getting some support. Having a terrible time weightwise. Going thru meno. and not sure if thats accounting for the gain. Im FAT and feeling terrible. The old acid reflux is back in full swing. Had a bout of the stomach flu all day so decided maybe tomorrow is the day for new beginnings--haven't kept much of anything down today---Just maybe my tummy will shrink a little :LOL: and staying on track will be easier tomorrow. I am still walking 3 times a week--but it's getting tougher with the extra weight. Talk about de ja vu--got a WW flyer in the mail yesterday---I am leading toward re-joining--hate going back when I've been such a failure at keeping the weight off--but I can't let that keep me down. We/ve had our usual hecktic summer here--lots of traveling and trips to the lake weekly--so I'm back to the eating out far more than is healthy for me.
Lynne--hope your taking care of yourself. What is your home life like now? are you still loving close to your folks?? I'm probably not the one to give you any lifestyle suggestions==but think about your children--your all they have now and they need you at a healthy weight so you can care for them for many years to come. I'm sure money is tight--but exercise is free and taling to Chris and I is too--we're here for you--
Chris--the count down is on. No I didn't know it was a boy--congratulations. Sounds like your doing well with your program--even if you are feeling fat now--it isn't the time to diet--just eat sensibly and walk, walk, walk!!
I really will try to stay on touch--I miss talking to both of you. I do still get an occasional email from Sandy--in Canada. Her life is full and she seems to be enjoying it--heard from her tonight. If we get this site going strong again I'll ask her to re-join us with her words of wisdom--sounds like Lynee and I could both use it!
Jo
Grandma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:51 AM   #6  

JO!!!

It was so nice to see your post! I have missed you gals. I have been trying to check in from time to time to see if either of you had posted, so it was a real treat to see your post this am. I am so sorry to hear that you at the stomach flu and that you are so down about your weight, but you know what you have to do to fix that. You have all the knowledge and the tools.....we just have to help you find that motivation again. You can do it.
I havent heard from Lynne lately. I hope she comes back real soon. I am sure that she has a lot on her plate right now.
I love that you still keep in touch with Sandy. Please tell her that I said hello next time you talk with her.

Yes, I am in the short rows now.....6 more weeks, WOO WHOOO!!!! I have gained about 30 lbs and that is on top of the 20 that I had gained back before finding out I was pregnant. I have not been dieting of course, but needless to say I am anixous to start WW again just as soon as the doctor says I can. I have not been exercising...I know I should, but I am soooo tired and have so much stuff to do all the time....busy, busy busy with getting nursery done, shopping for stuff to take to hospital, nesting, showers, etc. I will have to make myself get back into that.
Barry and I are both very excited about meeting our little man! It seems that these last weeks will never pass.

Well, I had better run. I hope to hear from you and Lynne soon .
Old 08-24-2004, 06:37 PM   #7  

Chris--I will try to email Lynne direct tonight. Sometimes it doesn't go--other times it does--COMPUTERS Having a good week so far--the end of the week will be the tough part. Two big events at work where I won't have control over the food served--I can only eat it in moderation. Thinking about WW next week. I go in for my yearly physical on the 3rd--so I'll find out then if any of this gain is due to the problems I've been having with Menop. My blood levels have been way low for several months now so maybe my body has been telling me to eat more to get them back up----a nice thought anyhow. Sure can't be MY lack of motivation:LOL: I'll try to contact Lynne tonight--hope we can get her to re-join us--we all need the motivation--talk tomorrow.
Jo
Old 08-31-2004, 06:31 PM   #8  

Chris Lynne--where are you two? I'll keep checking in to see if your back. Hope your both well.
Jo
Old 09-02-2004, 04:31 PM   #9  

I'm here. Sorry, keep forgetting to check in. It has been so long since we have all been here that it is hard getting back in the habit.

Everything here is fine....just ready to have this baby. 5 more weeks!! Will they ever pass???? I had a dr appt today and tried to talk him into going ahead and inducing (not seriously of course), but he wouldnt go for it.
Baby is in the head down position and starting to drop. Not starting to dilate yet, but I am starting to soften. He is guessing the baby is going to be in the 7-8 lb range. Gosh, I hope he is right....I certainly dont want one any bigger than that!!!!!!

I have ABSOLUTELY no energy today. Some days I have lots of energy, but today....zilch! I would really love to be able to go take a nap, but I still have 30 minutes on the clock and then mom has invited me over for Pinto beans. No one makes a pot of pinto beans like momma!!! Would not miss that one for the WORLD!!!!!!

I hope you both are doing well. Jo, did you try emailing Lynne???? Did you go ahead and start WW again. I think I might stop in at the meeting tonight on my way to moms, just to see the old gang and let them know I will be back soon! Besides seeing this big ole belly of mine should make them all feel like skinny minnies!!!

Take care and I will talk to you soon. If I go MIA shoot me an email to get me jump started again. [email protected]
Old 09-06-2004, 02:45 PM   #10  

Hey ladies! Chris--the 5 weeks will go fast. I did hear from Lynne--regular e-mail. Her puter is down so she's checking it at her mom's. Hopefully she'll join us soon. No I haven't joined Ww yet. I went for my regular yearly on Friday. I'm up 15 lbs. from last year But she isn't too concerned( but I am! Anyhow--the good news is she's having a weight gain/loss seminar in Oct. for menop/pre-meno women and then will have private weight loss classes after that. Won't be covered by insurance but she is keeping the cost at the minimum. Will also prescribe drugs is she thinks their necessary. I'm going to the seminar--then I'll decide about the drugs. WW special will still be going on so I can join after that if I don't think I've learned enough from the doctor about keeping weight off during menopause. She said that the new studies show that the average women gains 6 pounds a year--every year she's in pre-meno and then another few after menopause can it get any worse????? Oh well---by the time your back in the program--after Mr. Brooks makes his appearance--we'll get serious about this weight loss thing--in the meantime, I'm just going to take baby steps trying to get back in the rythem slowly--being conscience of what goes in my mouth and buying healthier choices--and of course--still walking before the weather gets too cold. And the heck with the stats--I WILL NOT GAIN 6 MORE POUNDS THIS YEAR :LOL:
Lynne--hope to hear from you soon--computer problems are the pits! Chris--hang in there--baby will be here soon enough--and then the real fun begins. How is your weather--any problems from Frances??
Jo
Old 10-02-2004, 09:40 PM   #11  

Hi to both of you!

This will be very short, but wanted to let you know what was going on here.

Found out yesterday (10/1) that Brooks is breech and they feel it is too risky to try to turn him at this point. My official due date is 10/7. They have scheduled me for a c-section for this coming Tuesday am 10/5. I took the news hard to start with, but have come to terms with it and while I am still a little nervious ( I have never had any kind of surgery before) I am doing a lot better with the notion now and am keeping my eyes on the prize which will be my little baby.

Keep us in your prayers.

I will not be checking in here I am sure for a while, so if you would like email me at [email protected]
I will try to check that as much as possible.

Love to you both!!!

Chris
Old 10-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #12  

Well, I am back, but from the looks of it I am the only one! HO HUM, it is lonely being me--LOL.

We have a beautiful baby boy, Brooks William. Born Oct 5th at 7:56am, 7 lbs 13 ozs and 20 inches long. A head full of blonde hair and the biggest blue eyes (of course I guess they could change, but with Barry and I both having very blue eyes, I doubt it).
We are both doing well. I only have to get up with him twice during the night....well really only once cause the last one is around 7am and it is just about time to get up then anyway.
I have started back to work already, but with my working out of the home I just didnt see the point in taking a bunch of time off. And also my boss said he would cover for me anytime I needed to take some time for a nap or dr appt or whatever.

Well, I guess that is about it for now considering that basically I am taking to myself here---LOL

COME BACK YOU TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My doctor said I could start WW again in 6 weeks....I cant do this without you guys!!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 12:25 PM   #13  

I just wanted to say congratulations!!!!!!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:52 PM   #14  

Default hey gang!

It's ME! Kermie....I'm still kicking, and doing the "scale" dance, step on - step off....I care about losing weight, I don't care....but of course, I DO care and will lose again.

Since last post, approx. last spring, I've managed to pile on about 10 lbs., and it must go. Have joined WW for 10 wks., lost about 7 lbs., and gained it back again...too many lunches out with pals, and too much eating out altogether.

I'm happy I found you guys again, and am definitely "Up for the Challenge".

Kermie (aka Sandy)
kermie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:13 PM   #15  

Trixi: Thank you!

SANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so great to cyber see you again!!!!!! How have you been???? Have you talked to Jo lately? You two have kept up with eachother via email, right?
Anyway, it is great to have you back....please keep coming. As for the scale dance...you will get it together again.
I will be glad when I am able to get back on program. I am at my all time heaviest----((((sigh)))), but I guess with good reason. I think the breastfeeding is helping some. Barry says to be patient and give it time after all it has only been two weeks (as of today) that I gave birth. I just dont have any "normal" clothes that I can get into and I am sooooo sick of maternity clothes.

Well, better run...Have to take Brooks to the doctor. I noticed a foul odor coming from his cord stump and need to have it checked. I think it is infected.
Why dont they give out owners manuals with these little babies? It would make things so much easier---LOL