Old 11-22-2004, 05:40 PM   #106  

As I expected, my weight loss this week was minimal: .5 lbs. On the positive side, I didn’t gain any weight, and I’m still moving in the right direction. Also, I was very aware of it when I strayed off course, which is a big improvement over blindly grabbing for comfort foods and indulging in “unconscious eating”.

Heather, welcome to the Merry Christmas Challenge!

Congratulations Bonnie. Two more pounds! Yes, the Thanksgiving temptations are already beginning. As I shopped for Thanksgiving dinner, I could feel the calories calling my name. My goal this week is to eat responsibly, responsibly, responsibly.

Kandice, I loved the picture and the stories about your up-coming wedding. What a good idea to have a dual celebration so that both sets of families and friends can feel included.

Good for you, Dena. Muscle weighs more than fat, so the best indicator of a diet regime’s success is how well your clothes are fitting, and not necessarily what shows up on the scales.

During this Thanksgiving week, one of the things I am very thankful for is our wonderful group. Thanks to all of you for your on-going support and encouragement.

The very best to everyone,
Florafae
Florafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:31 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Good Morning, Everyone!

I feel great this morning! I'm back on track, eating right, exercising and drinking my water. And it feels great to be in control. No junk food or low-cal treats for me until I get a piece of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. I see just a little here and there makes me feel lousy. I'm better off just eating nutritional foods. Kandice, you were smart to stay off of carbohydrates!

Yesterday's menu:
Breakfast: bran muffin
Lunch: soup, protein bar
Dinner: salmon, mixed vegetables, pear
Exercise: Walked 30 minutes in the morning, 1 hour at lunch, 30 minutes after dinner.
Water: 8 glasses

What beautiful and very cold weather we're having... in the 40's and 50's! We were in the 90's a few months ago. I think my body is in shock. But I do love the winter season.

Hubby and I are planning on a couple of trips to Southern CA in December (where I am from), and I'm so looking forward to seeing my home state. I sometimes miss my Pacific ocean, golden sand and walks on the beach. Seems like a lot of Californias have moved to Las Vegas, where it is much more afordable to live these days. Actually, it's becoming little CA, with so many moving here.

Florafae, congratulations on losing .5 lbs.! Losing anything is impressive during the holidays. (What we're doing is something unheard of... trying to lose weight during the holidays.) Wow, are you now 7 1/2 lbs. lighter than when we first started this challenge? Again, congratulations to you!!

Kandice, thank you for your picture and telling us all about your wedding plans and wedding dress. What a great picture of you and your family! What a nice story about your Dad and your dress and having two weddings. I'm just so happy for you!!

Jean, please come anytime. We love to hear from you. I know it's not easy to be perfect at this time of year, that's why it is so important that we support each other. We can make it through the holidays together! By the way, how is the weather in Canada these days? I'd love to know more about Canada.

OK, time to exercise!
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 11-23-2004 at 10:35 AM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:07 PM   #108  

I'm so ashamed!!! I had a bad weekend - not many healthy food options on an out of town trip. But I'm not bummed!! I'll bounce right back! You guys give me such inspiration with your weight loss! Congrats everyone! And welcome to the newbies - this is a great thread. I apologize for not studying the posts enough to give personal answers - I promise to do better on that note. Here's to a losing week!
Shelbi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:33 PM   #109  

Just wanted to brag for a minute and have everyone look at my *new* signature!

and for the first time (that I know of- definitely 1st time in 5 months) my BF% is below 30%. It's 29.9%

I didn't want to post yesterday- had a bad day- the sunday thanksgiving caught up with me and on my home scale I gained 3 lbs but this morning when I weighed it was gone- back to "normal" Got weighed at lunch time by Curves for my monthly. Gained .25 of an inch but I swear it's the rippling muscles 3 more inches lost on my thighs so that always makes me happy.

I'm going to work on my next goal- 175 by my wedding day. 20 lbs down- 30 more to go- almost 1/2 way there!
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:45 PM   #110  

Good Morning, Everyone!

I just came back from my brisk, morning walk and I feel great! I really enjoy being outdoors. It gives me more energy, and I love being out there in nature. Plus it is sunny out. So you get the cool air and sunshine. What a morning!

Yesterday I did great in my eating department as well.
Yesterday's success:
Breakfast: Bran muffin
Lunch: soup, pear
Dinner: Chicken, arichoke, blueberries
Water: 8 glasses
Exercise: 30 minute walk in morning, 30-45 minute walk in mall while looking for Christmas presents, 30 minute brisk walk after dinner.

Kandice, congrats to you for having a BF below 30%! Keep up the great work. We are proud of you!!

Shelbi, this has been a hard week for all of us for some reason. You'll bounce back. I just know it. Good luck this week!!

Anyone else posting the results this week? Skinny, Krista?? OK, I'll be back to post our success later.

Till then~~
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-24-2004, 04:28 PM   #111  

Here are our results since starting this challenge on 10/25/04. Tomorrow will be a month
(Please help me out here if I made any mistakes.)

Kandice - 5.25 lbs. lost
Florafae - 7.5 lbs. lost
Dena - 3 lbs. lost
Bonnie - 5.5 lbs. lost
Skinny - 1 lb lost
Krista - 1 lbs. lost
DewCan- 3 lbs. lost
Shelbi - maintained
Jean - maintained
hmodrow-

I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Super congratulations to all of you. This is usually the time people gain weight, not lose it. You guys rock!!!

Last edited by Den@; 11-24-2004 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:53 AM   #112  

Talking Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!!!!

Here's wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.

I did great yesterday. And today we go to a very nice restaurant at 1:00 pm. I'm so looking forward to dressing up and making this a special occasion. I'm so thankful to God for all the blessings he gave me this year, and thankful to have met you wonderful gals.

Bonnie, again, thank you for your kind words! I appreciate all of your tips and insight, as they keep me going. Have fun with all of your relatives.

Yesterday's menu:
Breakfast: Bran muffin
Lunch: Chicken, mushrooms, pear
Dinner: Salmon, mixed vegetable, berries
Snack: Berries
Exercise: Walked 30 minutes after breakfast, walked during lunch in mall (Christmas shopping) and walked after dinner.
Water: 9 glasses

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!!
(Hugs).
Dena
Old 11-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #113  

Dena- I got my Christmas goal this week (wednesday morning)- 8 lbs. (that's when I called everyone's attention to my new signature)

Hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving!

Got up super early this morning (4:30) and went shopping. I got Chris a leather jacket that was normal $200 for $129 and a pair of leather gloves for his stocking. and then I went shopping for myself. I'm sick of clothes that don't fit- all my clothes are so baggy- even my shirts and they don't show off the body that I'm working so hard to create. Didn't want to buy too much because I still want to lose 30 lbs but I need something in the meantime. So I bought a pair of 14 pants and a size 14 jean skirt and a few courdoroy (sp?) long sleeve shirts (size L) to wear over a shirt in the winter. (I wear jeans most the time and thanks to my college friend that lost a ton last year I have jeans from her from sizes 14 down to size 10. I was with her for most of the ones she bought- so I like them too )

I wrote my mom and asked her if she's been shopping yet- we both like JCPenneys and Sears- but it seems like courdoroy fabric is back in style now. Asked her if she remembered our fights on school mornings. I used to have tons of cord pants- all different colors and I hated them. Whenever she would pick them out for me in the morning we'd always have a fight because I didn't want to wear them. and I had a pair of pink capris growing up too that I hated- with little pink bow ties on them. I hated pink and I hated girly bowties. Now pink is one of my fav colors. poor mom!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 11-26-2004, 07:51 PM   #114  

Thumbs up Congratulations, Kandice!

CONGRATULATIONS, KANDICE! YOU DID IT! You made goal. :
I'm sure you look great in all of your new clothes. Woo Hoo!!

As for me, I had a grrrrreat Thanksgiving, went to Lawry's fine restaurant and had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. The decorations in the restaurant were exquisite. Beautiful Christmas trees, lots of red and white decor and a lovely fire in the fireplace. Didn't do badly for Thanksgiving. Had turkey, salad, mashed potatoes, stuffing, bread, butter, yams and cranberry sause. But I didn't eat the all that was on my plate at lunch, and made me a nice dinner with the leftovers. Had a piece of pumpkin pie, too. Now turkey day is over and it is back to business.

I'm so proud of our little group. We did a great job before Thanksgiving. Now on to Christmas.

Have a relaxing weekend.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-28-2004, 12:18 PM   #115  

Height: 5'6"

Smile Can I Join

Hi,
I'm new. I started my weight loss journey 3 years ago after my last child was born. ( I have 3 children ..ages 16,15 and 3) A month after I had him I weighed 222. I went to the gym and managed to get down to 170 in a year. Over the next year my weight fluctuated between 180 and 160. Finally in my 3rd year my weight has fluctuated between 170 and 146. Yes...I got down to 146 and said WOOOHOO and then jumped back up to 165. The weight I currently am. I feel a great weight range for me would be 140-150 max.( I'm 5'5") I would love to be 150 by Christmas. I'm gonna have to hit it hard! Ultimately I would like to be 140 by Jan 31st for a cruise my dh and I will be taking! Hubba, Hubba! Also!! My 20th high school reunion will be this year! And I would OHHHHHHHHH SOOOOOOOOOO LOVE for everyone to speculate if I have had plastic surgery because I couldn't possibly look that Great after 3 kids and damned near 40! LOL! So...Please tell me what I need to do to join in because I'm ready for the challenge!!

Happy Holidays!
Janet 222/165/150Here they are.
http://chat.provida.com/forum/photo...ilter=chocolots
You can click on the pic for a better view of the destruction and construction. LOL!
I was 30 in the wedding photo

Janet
222/167/140-150
chocolots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:07 PM   #116  

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank God the Thanksgiving holiday is about over. It's time to really get back to our pre-Thanksgiving program. I didn't do as badly as I have done in the years past, but somehow I got relaxed and lazy and didn't exercise as much these last few days. (Some walking in, but not a lot.) And I really feel the difference. It seems the less you do, the lazier you get. So today I'm going to get busy and get out there and start walking, so I have a head start for the week. I love being outside anyway.

Bonnie, thanks for sharing with us. This is a very hard and stressful time of the year. Like I said, our goal was to not gain over the holidays, and YOU DID JUST THAT!! You lost weight before Thanksgiving, which is very hard to do. (Most people start gaining as soon as Halloween hits all through the New Year!) Thank you for being part of our Merry Christmas Challenge!

Janet, A big welcome to you! You've done a great job so far, and you can get to your goal by Christmas. What kind of health/exercise plan are you on? Let us know how you are doing. We are here to help each other. So glad you could join our group. (I tried looking at your picture, but it wouldn't come up for me.)

OK, time for me to get moving. I feel so much better when I do.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-28-2004, 03:23 PM   #117  

hi
Old 11-28-2004, 03:37 PM   #118  

Thumbs up Thanks to All!

hi,
I'm going to attempt to walk 1 hr per day at 3.5 mph and do some toning twice a week with weights. I'll be eating no more than 1600 calories a day (no less than 1200) eating every 3 hrs (protein with every meal). Trying to drink lots of water but I just don't get thirsty so I forget. I want to be 150 by Christmas and then 140 by 1/31. In order to make the first goal I'm gonna have to seriously hit it. No cheating. Because I'll have to lose 4.41 lbs a week. On the high side but do-able if I'm diligent. Got soooo much coming up this year that I want to be fine for (AKA :Cruise with DH, Mardi Gras Ball, 20th High School Reunion)so... NO PUTTING IT OFF ANYMORE!! Thanks for letting me into your group!

Janet
222/167/150 then 140
Old 11-28-2004, 03:52 PM   #119  

Smile Pictures

Try this:
http://chat.provida.com/forum/photos...lter=chocolots
Old 11-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #120  

Wow- I missed alot- thanks everyone -Got a lot left to go so working on the wedding goal now- head start on it. I'll weigh tomorrow and report back but I think I've stayed at 185.

Welcome Janet- this group is wonderful! thanks to Dena for setting it up! I love all the support- who knows after Christmas- we could start the March 5th challenge! (my wedding day)

Bonnie- I think that calculation is right. I'm 5'10" and I'm going for 155. I saw it somewhere like the healthy weight for 5'10 was between 130 and 170 so something like that and I just went right for the middle. I'm big boned anyways and "blessed" with the "Obie" curse- my great g-ma, g-ma, mom, and me all have HIPS! and they don't go away. My mom lost like 70 lbs a few years back now but shes still extremely pear shaped and the hips don't go away- so I have to be realistic too.

Check back later!