Old 11-19-2004, 07:25 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi,

Well, that had to be the weirdest CSI ever, don't you think? It was certainly a bit over the top. Of course, Las Vegas is a city that's kind of over-the-top. I keep wondering how real CSIs learn to use all that new technology. It's pretty fascinating stuff.

Hey, congrats on the excellent bones! Do you take calcium? Drink lots of milk? Or is the secret just healthy ancestors?

I'm very psyched right now because it turns out my oldest son will definitely be here on Christmas Day. So I'm going to have all my kids with me! Plus I still have a deposit on the wedding photographer, and he's going to come to the house and take a photo of all the kids together. I haven't told them that, however. So I've been on Cloud 9 all day--it's been several years since we've had Christmas together.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Bluet and Charlotte--get some rest!!!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:33 PM   #77  

Hi everybody. I've been pretty sick. I'll be back when I'm feeling better.

Love you all!
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:16 AM   #78  

Hey Charlotte,

What does that mean, "pretty sick" How sick are you? Really worried about you, please let us know. Praying really hard for you. It is really late, I stayed up too late this evening. Will check in when I get to work tomorrow.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:17 AM   #79  

Good Morning Charlotte and Sheila,

Charlotte, how are you feeling this morning?
Sheila, hope you had a good weekend.

Bluet
Old 11-22-2004, 08:39 PM   #80  

Default Happy Thanksgiving!! Miss you!

Hi Girls!
I hope you are all well.
I'm as busy as a one-armed paper hanger. Got most of my cleaning done. All I need to do now is re-make all the beds and put down new rugs and wipe up my kitchen and dining room floors.
THEN, ... the cooking and baking starts.

I'm doing good. Exercising in the pool at least 4 times a week. Joined a health challenge my place of employment is having from today until Feb. sometime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white,
I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation - the thought of a snack became
infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door - and gazed at the
fridge full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
'til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky,
with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees....
Happy eating to all - pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump,
May your yams be delicious may your pies take the prize,

MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
willow_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:36 PM   #81  

Hey, Charlotte, another beautiful photo of yourself! Love what you did with your hair! So what's up with you? Is that danged virus still bothering you?

Bluet, you were supposed to get some rest this weekend instead of staying up late. What did you end up doing this weekend?

Willow!! So good to see you! Are you hosting Thanksgiving or going to a kid's house? Ha ha! Love the "thighs" line in that poem. Good for you for going back to your pool exercises. How is your hip?

I bought a pair of knee-high "leather" boots over the weekend. I've never worn a pair of boots before, and I haven't worn anything with a heel in a while. I wore them tonight with jeans when we went out to dinner, and, while they looked darn good, they were hard to walk in. Maybe I'm too old to be thinking of anything but comfort.

Our substitute water aerobics instructor is getting a subtitute for the next two weeks, and I'm so glad. She doesn't make us work very hard, and I get cold in the pool. I could hardly wait to head for the hot tub. Hopefully, the sub's sub will be better. The regular person comes back after New Year's. She and her family run a handmade chocolate business so she's doing that for the next month. She brought samples one time--yum!

Here's to a great Tuesday, everyone!
Old 11-23-2004, 12:00 AM   #82  

Hello,

I watched the Packer/Texas game until 11:30 last night. Why do they start those games so darn late? Saturday I had finally tried my hand at making those roman shades. Well, after 8 hours of sewing, I scrapped the whole idea. Obviously one has to know how to sew perfectly straight to get those things right . I even had the roman shade pattern for dummies, oh well. I didn't give up though tonight I took the material that was all hemmed and made one (so far) of a much easier design that I saw in the JC Penney catalog. I will have to see how it looks tomorrow morning when I hang it on the window. Then decide if I am up to four more.

I think I just inherited good bones from my parents, because I never was a great milk lover. I do take calcium, when I remember to. I take so much other medicine and vitamins, that I don't want to take the calcium with.

Willow, thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you too. It would be nice if you stayed awhile. I was thinking of you just today and was going to pm you to tell you that Charlotte, is ill and that Fatpuss never came back. How's your other board going? Sounds like the whole gang is coming to your house for Thanksgiving. Ours too only it will be on Saturday and then to Stevens Point on Sunday for new grandson's baptism.

Charlotte, hope this finds you feeling better. Very anxious to know what is wrong with you.

Sunny, hope your vacation is full of joy.

Good night all. Take care.

Bluet
Old 11-23-2004, 11:21 PM   #83  

Hi, everyone--

Charlotte, hope you're doing okay!

Bluet, when do they start the game there? They start 'em at 6:00 pm here, so they're usually over before 10:00 pm. You're very brave even to attempt Roman shades. You'll have to take a photo of what you ended up with. Whatever design it was, I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Was lazy today in that I just didn't want to get up and go to the gym to lift weights. I did end up doing 2 30 min. walk away the pound tapes and I worked on my biceps and triceps. Of course, I also ate a piece of gingerbread from Starbucks, and a tall mocha--didn't even ask for a nonfat mocha. I haven't been eating well at all lately. But we've been having fun doing this November dining thing at places we'd never normally go if they weren't discounted. Last night we got a 3-course meal that we would have had to pay $90 for the two of us, and we only paid $50. I wore my new boots--ouch! Those boots are NOT made for walking. But they looked good.

Lots of rain here. Hope everyone is doing okay.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:02 AM   #84  

Good Morning,

Well, are we ready? Tomorrow is the big turkey day, well Saturday for me. Last year I didn't have any pie, I wonder if I will be able to hold out another Thanksgiving? It is going on two years since I gave up sugar and white flour. I never thought I had the strength to give up my chocolate, but I have, I can have sweet potatos or pumpkin or squash, so that will have to do for the pie. I am ok with that.

It is freezing here this morning, my office is so cold anyway, two outside walls, with windows, must not be a lot of insulation in this old building. I am trying to stay below the radar today (pray for me) OB is at it again and I don't want any confortation, so I don't have to deal with the baggage for the four days we are off. Things aren't right in his little world again .

Gotta go, have a good day. Charlotte, hope you are feeling better. Sheila are you sic'd up for the day after Thanksgiving shopping? Not me, I don't go near malls on that day. Sunny, we have snow predicted today, wonder if it is snowing in Maine. Willow, slow down lady, you work too hard. Fatpuss, hope you are doing o.k.

Bluet
Old 11-24-2004, 06:54 PM   #85  

Two years of no sugar or white flour?!?!? You're my hero! I'm baking the pumpkin pie (Weight Watcher style) right now, and then I'll be putting the key lime pie (again Weight Watcher style) in the oven soon. I haven't even checked the turkey to see if it's thawed, but it's only 10.8 lbs., and we put it in the refrigerator on Sunday so it should be done.

Hope you were successful in staying away from OB today. Maybe the in-laws are in town?? Who knows what makes OBs act the way they do.

I've decided what I'd like for Christmas is for Fatpuss to come back. I'll have to check with the nearest Santa. . .

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! And don't work too hard, you guys!
Old 11-24-2004, 10:16 PM   #86  

Good Evening,

Well, that iron that I hardly ever use, took a hmmm tonight and I can't sew hems without an iron. So, my last two shades are on hold. That's ok I am pretty tired and crabby tonight anyway, just can't make it on 4 hours of sleep.

OB has an obssesive/complusive personality and refuses to admit it. He has a very short fuse, and knows he is big enough (in size) to bullie everyone. No one likes him. His in-laws live in this town and his wife divorced him fifteen years ago. Let's just admit it Sheila, there is no hope for him. The good news is I was able to avoid him all day, except for a short episode this morning, so the day was pretty good.

I am just making pumpkin on Friday, the girls are all bringing a pie, except daughter next door is bringing the mashed potatos, I hate sitting there peeling all those potatos. I guess she doesn't mind, her first degree was in hotel/resturant management, with emphasis in foods. There weren't a lot of job opportunities here for that, so she went back to school and got her degree in nursing and now she is an R.N.

I have to clean, Sheila, it has been such a long time since I have had any free time to clean my house, it is extemely dusty.

Charlotte, thanks for the pm. Hope you are feeling better, and the meds are working. Sure hope those girls are helping you tomorrow. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. I might have to bother you in a day or so for another update.

Sunny Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you are having the best time ever.

Fatpuss, How bout you come over here and celebrate Thanksgiving with us, we would love to see you

Willow, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

Sheila, Happy Thanksgiving to you and DH and DS and DAD. Let me know if you find that Santa.....

Good night everyone

Bluet
Old 11-25-2004, 11:40 AM   #87  

Hope you all have a great day with your family. I'm down with the flu. If it's not one thing, it's another. My DH & kids are doing the cooking. I'll be ok.

Talk to you all later.

Old 11-26-2004, 02:09 PM   #88  

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!

Charlotte, while I'm not glad that you came down with the flu, I think it's wonderful that your family pitched in to relieve you. I know you weren't feeling so well even before you came down with the flu. I hope you're doing better today.

Bluet, did you get some sleep? I can't even believe you'd try to make it on four hours of sleep. Peeling potatoes isn't one of my favorite chores either, but I peeled five yesterday. Used only four because the pot I chose to cook them in was smaller than it should have been. I made garlic potatoes--a trial run before my DD gets home for Christmas. My DH asked what he could do, and I'm sure he didn't think I'd take him up on his offer. Instead I had him make a salad, mash the potatoes and carve the turkey. I also got to the dishes before him so he was obligated to take the turkey off the bone, a chore neither of us likes. I made two pies from Weight Watcher recipes, and both were pretty good.

I did say, however, that except for the garlic mashed potatoes, I'm not cooking on Christmas. I've never enjoyed cooking, and when I was working, my DH and I traded cooking and dishes, but now since I don't work, I feel obligated to cook. He does the dishes.

My oldest son e-mailed us yesterday, and my daughter called from the train she was on going from the Navy school to downtown Chicago to meet her in-laws. She wanted to talk longer, but we were headed out to the Turkey Day Stomp, a high intensity aerobics workout at the Y. My DD said, What have you done with my real parents? when she heard what we were doing. Actually, we've done it three years in a row now. It lasts for 1.5 hours, but we can only make about 45 min. before we're totally drenched in sweat and burnt out. After doing water aerobics for so long, my knees aren't used to all that pounding. I couldn't believe that neither my sister nor my half-sister bothered to call our father yesterday.

Have a great Friday!
Old 11-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #89  

Hello my friends,

Thank you for all your sweet words of encouragement. I have been very sick...but, on the healing side now. I stayed up all day for the first time in quite a few days. The Dr told me Tuesday that my thumb indicated a very bad infection in my body & the RA would cause me to get infections very easily. He gave me an antibiotic to take for a week, then go back next Tuesday. Said for me to go home & go to bed. I laughed to myself. Although I had been feeling pretty bad, I had too much to do to go to bed. Well, that night I went to feeling worse. By the next morning I had the flu in the worse way! I don't know if I had been taking it all along, or what. Anyway, today was the first day feeling like myself at all. Still kind of rough, but better. My thumb is still blue & bothering me. Can't use it much. Dr said he was treating it as a viral infection this week, & see if it helped. Gotta keep a close eye on it. If it worsens or gets a red streak up my arm gotta go to the er.

I hope all of you had a good Thanksgiving. Although I was out of sorts, DH & kids came through for me. DH cleaned our make-shift house & cooked turkey, & a few things. I got up long enough to put the dressing together....MIL sent a cake & turnip greens to help out, & kids did the rest.
Our daughter from South Al couldn't come, but called twice. Trina & Gina talked to her in another room. I heard both tell her that "mom looks terrible"....I need to tell them that without walls, I could hear them. Why do kids think that mom isn't ever suppose to get sick? They don't think much about the RA, but let me get the flu, & I'm dying.

I got a beautiful Thanksgiving card from a very special friend today. It really picked my spirits up!!

That's a great work out...Turkey Day Stomp! Hey, when you give out....think of someone you'd like to give it to....might get some renewed energy! Maybe Bluet's OB!! I wish something could be done about that!

Well, maybe I'll be able to post some more tomorrow, since it looks like I may live! Have a great evening.
Love you all.....
Old 11-27-2004, 10:54 AM   #90  

36 CHRISTIAN WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS

An Angel says, "Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice."

1. Pray

2. Go to bed on time.

3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.

4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.

5. Delegate tasks to capable others.

6. Simplify and unclutter your life.

7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)

8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.

9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.

10. Take one day at a time.

11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.

12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.

13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.

14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.

15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.

16. Cary a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.

17. Get enough rest.

18. Eat right.

19. Get organized so everything has its place.

20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.

21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.

22. Every day, find time to be alone.

23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.

24. Make friends with Godly people.

25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.

26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you Jesus."

27. Laugh.

28. Laugh some more!

29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.

30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).

31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most.)

32. Sit on your ego.

33. Talk less; listen more.

34. Slow down.

35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.

36 . Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)