Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 11:07 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#11)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 10-24-2004, 11:18 AM   #2  
Losing it!

YIKES! I posted the same time Sherry closed the other thread, so I lost my posting! I will be back later!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2004, 02:10 PM   #3  

Gayle I meant to tell you that I love your book worm. Is that your holloweeen costume? How is Allison today? Don't you hate that when you lose the post? I have lost my post a number of times but I have lost mine once when Sherry closed the thread. I guess that reminds me that I need to copy it incase I lose it.

Doni I don't like catfish. We don't eat them here. Only the natives do. I love fish though. How are you feeling?

Vicki I am going to slow down some. This is just to painful.

Sherry thanks for the new thread. I know that you are busy but please post and let us know how you are feeling.

Shelley I am glad that you ram and journaled your food. When I exercise I feel that I am in control more too.

I had a horrible night last night. Sometimes you think that you had a bad night but you don't realize that it could be worse. Well I thought that the night before was bad because of the pain. I know that last night was bad but for some people they had a way worse night than I. I am thankful that it wasn't worse. Dez phoned home, crying at 1:30am. I could hardly hear what she was saying through her tears. She said to me the police were coming and that she had been punched in the head. In mid concersation before I heard the whole story the police officers showed up so she had to go. She was at a country bar last night when a chick she didn't know started giving her a hard time. Dez is a very friendly person is not confrontational except with me. Anyways this chick punched her in the face. She reported it to the door man and he said that her couldn't do anything about it because it happenned on the dance floor. She wouldn't accept that so he called the manager. Dez went back to her frinds and this girl kept coming up to her and swearing. Dez said that she doesn't have a problem with her and she couldn't see what the problem was. Just back off and leave me alone. Desiree decided to leave before things got worse. She went outside and this chick followed her out. They ended up in a heated verble fight with everyone surrounding them. The bouncers pulled Dez away and didn't even both with the other girl. I guess then Dez called the police to report the assult. That is about the time she called me. Well she left with them but I didn't hear back from her all night. You know what it is like not knowing if she is being arrested or in the hospital? I called her this morning and she didn't answer her phone. She usually does. I was still worried about her not knowing what happenned. I finally got a hold of her at noon. She was sleeping and didn't even think to call me when the officer broght her home. The office took notes but can not take a statement from someone that has been drinking. It would get thrown out of court. Dez will probably go back tonight when this officer is working and charge this girl with assult. She is hoping that the bouncer got her name. She said that she is a very discriptive person because of her piercings and hair. Hopefully they will find out who she is and that Dez won't have any more trouble with her. She said I don't know how I can have anybody that doesn't like me here because I am just starting to have friends. I haven't rippled any waters.
Well that was my night. Always be thankful that things aren't worse than they are.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:01 PM   #4  

Hello

I have been cleaning today like you wouldn't believe! I'm so tired already and have lots left to do.I'm trying to get everything done so tomorrow I can spend all my time taking care of Wayne when we get home. His surgery is out-patient. We have to be there at 6:00am and surgery is at 7:30.I'll let ya'll know when we get home.

Dee,
I'm so sorry that you're still having lots of pain my dear friend.But like everyone says....SLOW DOWN! That's an order!!! I will.... if you do! LOL!! Honestly, I think that you've been trying to do things too soon. It takes time for your back to heal. You may be doing more damage and not realizing it.Follow those Dr.'s orders!!! Ok?? Sorry also about Dez. Hopefully she can get this girls name and make a report. Tell Dez I said to stay out of bars! Take care sweetie...I love you!

Gayle,
I'm so sorry that Allison is sick. Bless her heart!!! I can't stand to see little ones sick. That was so sweet for those people from school to bring her a gift basket. See, that proves that there are still lots of good people out there. Give her an extra hug from me. Hope she gets well soon! I've been meaning to tell you....I love your idea of putting everyone's treats in a separate container. Great idea!!! I'm sorry you lost your post because I was starting a new one. I hope it wasn't too long. Forgive me?

Shelley,
Are you in better spirits? I'm so sorry that you have been feeling down.I get like this often and it's ususally due to bills,money or my weight. I hope you are much better.Can you post a picture of your hair? I would love to see it. I need some ideas on mine.

Ramona,
How are you sweetie? How's your Dad? Chris was over here the other night and was talking about Jan. 19th (the day he leaves) and I started crying again.I've got to be strong and accept this but it's so hard. This Christmas will be very special because I won't know when he'll be home for the next one.I know this was hard for you so I need ideas on how to make holidays happy for everyone else when I'll be feeling down. How's work? I know the work and hours are making you tired.Are you still OP?

Doni,
I love catfish! But only if it's filet! It's one of Wayne's favorites! He loves to fish! I could take it or leave it though. I make him crazy when I go with him!! I want to talk, talk & talk and he wants me quite! I forgot to tell you...Your Daughter is so cute! Tell your hubby to take your pic and post it.

Vicki,
Stop lurking and post more often! It's been hard for me to post as I used to because of working my job, ballgames and taking Wayne to the Dr. with only having one car. And on top of that, my car broke down yesterday. After 200.00 later (which wasn't bad) it's fixed! I always love to see a post from you g/f!!

Debbie ....Cheryl.......Carol........& Tina....Where are you??????? Come out wherever you are!!!! Post soon!!!!! Miss ya!!

If I left anyone out...sorry. Gotta get back to cleaning.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!!!!
Old 10-24-2004, 03:22 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Sherry, I forgive you!!!! LOL! Just one of those things! Take care of Wayne and let us know how the surgery went as soon as you can. How many days/weeks will he laid up? I will be thinking of you... it seems like most men can't handle the pain and discomfort as much as women can. Allison is better today, she has had a rough three weekends either with her foot/allergies or flu. Hopefully she is over ALL of it!
Thank you about liking the individual container idea. It really helps me...out of sight, out of mind.

Dee, what is the legal drinking age in Canada? I can't remember. Tell Dez to take care, hopefully she won't ever see this girl again. I haven't decided what I will dress up like for Halloween, I'm thinking along the line of a gypsie...if it's cold, I am dressing up in my mittens,cap and winter coat! LOL!
Old 10-24-2004, 08:56 PM   #6  

Sherry I will be praying for Wayne tomorrow morning. I know that it is stressful for him and that he probably just wants to get it over with. Did you notice that I haven't had an mileage this weekend? I will slow down but you need to, too. I will hold you to it....lo Yeah we are both too much alike.

Gayle drinking age in canada varies from age 18-20. In manitoba it is 18. Yeah Dez is leagal. We just found out the girl was the manager of the bars daughter. That is why the bouncers were concentrating on her and not the other girl. I just talked to Dez and she said that she would call the police station tonight. We will see if she really does it.

Well can't sit, GTG.

Have a good nite!
Old 10-25-2004, 05:47 AM   #7  

Sherry-I'll be praying for Wayne today!

Dee-I am so sorry about what you are going through. I know you have had so many sleepless nights in the past, and you don't need this at all when you are trying to recover. Please take care! I took your advice and bought a couple of frozen meals. I haven't tried them yet, though. I had to go grocery shopping with the girls yesterday because Mike was working. It has been 7 days a week, from 7AM until about 9PM. At least he is making big bucks, because we need it! I know he hurts though. He has to work through the pain and take his pills to keep him going.

Gayle-I hope Allison is better today and can go to school. How do you like the seasoning? I am so proud of the way that you are so in control of your eating these days. Send some of your control my way!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:39 AM   #8  
Losing it!

Sher, saying prayers for Wayne this morning!!!!! I hope he makes it through the surgery with flying colors!

Shelley, I really like the seasoning, I'm trying to figure out exactly what spices are in it, it's different then most of the season salts I get around here. You are correct, a little goes a long way! How long will Mikes job continue? I bet he is exhausted at night when he finally makes it home. Seven days a week going at that pace is way too much, he really should try to take at least one day off to rest. I sent Allison off to school today, she is over the bug, but still has her allergies to contend with. Hopefully it will freeze here soon, that seems to help her with the outdoor stuff.

Dee, how is Dez today? How are you today?

Girls, have you ever checked out The skinny daily post here on the site? If you decide to, click on "what is the skinny post" and you can read all about it.
The woman who writes the articles lost 100 pounds in 2001 and continues to maintain her weight. She is my new hero! Please visit her site and look at her before and after pic... AMAZING! She is gorgeous! On her site, there are several archives of articles and also reference material and links. She writes her struggles and weight issues out with common sense and humor, several times I related to her writings, as if she was writing it just for me.

I am fight the urge to binge big time! I keep getting on the scale and it is not budging! Now, as heavy as I am, there should be SOME movement! I am starting to tell a little bit of difference in my clothing, but never the less, it is discouraging to see the same number pop up all the time!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:31 AM   #9  

Sherry I lit a holy candle for Wayne. Prayers are being said for both of you, because it is often more stressful on the love one that isn't having surgery. Let us know how things went.

Gayle I will check the skinny posts out later today. Maybe one of the reasons the scale hasn't budged is because of the muscle you are building from walking. It builds fast and weighs alot. Try measurements instead of the scale. The scale doesn't always tell the whole truth. I am glad that Allison is back at school. At that age they thrive on school. I haven't heard from Dez today. She did phone last night at 10:00 and say that she was still waiting on the police to phone her back so she could fill out a report. I am glad that she is going to do that because it might protect her from future problems.

Shelley it was Gayle that told you about the frozen dinners but I think it is a great idea when your cook is gone and you are eatting alone. I am really happy that Mike is making money. I am sure that it lifts some spirts in your home. It is hard to work seven days a week with a sore back but I think that he wants to give it all he can while he can make the money. Give him some extra TLC. Maybe a back massage will help a little.

I am going to try walking again today. The sun is finally shinning after 9 days of cloud and rain. We are actually called sunny manitoba because we get the most sun. I was beginning to doubt that. It is going to rain again tomorrow night. Geez! Well got to run, no actually got to walk.....lol
Old 10-25-2004, 04:27 PM   #10  

Hello

We're home! I felt like I was dragging a drunk into the house! Wayne is so doped up on the medication and saying weird things! He's so funny!

His surgery went well. But instead of 30 min. like the Dr. thought, it was 1 hour and 10 min.!!! The torn Meniscus was bigger then he thought. Can you believe he starts physical therapy tomorrow!!!!!!! Wow! I was surprised considering he can barely move off the couch from the pain. Nowdays they get you up,moving & outta there! LOL! The Dr. did say he would be out of work 3-6 weeks. Workmans comp only pays 66% of his pay so now it will be really tight around here on us. Bless his heart.

Got to go....Need to pump more ice water in his pack and give him his meds. Wanted to thank everyone for prayers and thinking of him. Gayle...Thanks for the sweet card to Wayne. And Dee..thanks for burning the candle.

Love to all...
Old 10-25-2004, 06:07 PM   #11  

Sherry I am glad that Wayne's surgery went well even if it was longer than expected. I will continue to pray for a quick recovery.

Gayle thanks for the skinny thread. Very intresting read. I will have plenty to read.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:34 PM   #12  

Sherry, I'm so glad things went well for Wayne. I know he will be in a lot of pain for a while. I sure feel sorry for him starting physical therapy tomorrow. My brother is a physical therapist and I swear they have a masochistic streak in them!!
I'm sorry you got upset listening to Chris talk. I never cried about Ben leaving until the day he actually went. He left on December 7 and it was the hardest thing I ever went through, up to that point. But, I did get through it and you will too. When I found out I wouldn't have either boys for Christmas this year, I decided I would just sleep through it and pretend it didn't exist. However, after some long talks with my minister and some deep soul searching, I've decided the best thing I can do is honor my sons and my mother and embrace the memories instead of running from them. So, I'm putting up three trees this year. My patriotic tree for my precious boys, our regular family tree, and a special tree just for my mom. I'm actually looking forward to decorating my house now and knowing that my mom is grinning from ear to ear as she looks at the festive decorations. This Christmas is the time for you to create some very special memories for your family. That Christmas, when Ben left, my sister-in-law had an ornament made for me that read "Ben's first Air Force Christmas". Each year I add an ornament for each of the boys and someday, they will hang them on their trees. Love ya!

Dee, I'm sorry sorry for what Dez went through. Thank goodness she wasn't hurt any worse. It doesn't seem very fair though for them to single her out. I hope it all works out.

Gayle, how is little Allison? I hope the flu doesn't knock her out for very long.

I've got to get off of here for a while. I've got company coming in a few minutes.
Love to all my Floozies and wishing you a peacful night.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:15 PM   #13  
Losing it!

Ramona! So nice to hear from you! the christmas trees sound like a wonderful idea!!!!! How are you planning to decorate your mothers tree? As I was reading your note I had a vision in my mind of a vintage like tree decorated with heirloom jewelry.

Sher, once Wayne "sobers" up, tell him we are all thinking of him! Boy, they do rush stuff! Will you need to take him in for his therapy or will a therapist come to the house?
Old 10-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #14  

Ramona that is a wonderful idea to have three trees. Christmas is so much more than being with family, it is also about the birth of Christ. You have the right spirit. I know that it is easy to say why me but you are embrassing the right idea so that you can enjoy your christmas. How did you make out saturday on your mom's birthday? Your Minister sounds like he cares and is very compasionate. It is good to hear from you. I wish that I was the company that you had coming over!

Gayle I signed up for the news letter. Amazing women to lose the weight and keep it off.

Nurse Sherry remember to take some time to rest. Wayne is going to need you so you have to be feeling well.

Shelley how is your depression. Are you doing something to deal with it? I am going to check on the food thread to see if you are posting your menu. I know that you are out there running but I will check that too.

Have a good night.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:50 PM   #15  

Just a thought, since it is almost Halloween and there will be lots of treats that could tempt us why don't you wait til the weekend to buy? Buy only what you don't like that way you won't eat it. I have a decadent treat. I make carmel chocolate apples. One for each of us. They are so decandent that I slice my apple and maybe it a quarter of it at a time. I dip the apples in carmel, let cool, then dip half to three quarters of the apple in dark chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate. While the chocolate is still soft I place the apple on a bed of coconut or score pieces or crushed nuts. Only the bottom of the apple gets these toppings. After they harden just slice off a bit. I rub a little lemon juice on the apple that is expose that I don't eat and then wrap it up. With this treat I find I eat a lot less calories in the end. The family looks forward to this (ME TOO)
Closed Thread