Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 11:21 PM   #16  
Losing it!

Dee, thank you for the Halloween treat suggestion. Your apple sounds heavenly and sinful at the same time! I'm not buying treats this year, we live far enough out of town we don't have anyone stop by anymore, plus we will be gone in town with Allison.
I am trying to come up with a Halloween dinner menu for the family. So far I have DRACULA ON A STICK (chicken & beef kabobs) with BLOOD SAUCE (steak sauce) * MUMMY FINGERS (french fries) * I'm trying to come up with a dessert and some type of salad. I'm thinking a pudding like dessert in individual dishes with a plastic eyeball staring up at the person! If you have any suggestions or can help me out with menu names, just holler!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:04 AM   #17  

Dee-We don't get trick or treaters either, so I don't have to worry about the candy, just about me buying candy corn in the store for myself!!

Sherry-I am so glad that Wayne went through the surgery with flying colors. I am also surprised that they would start PT so soon.

Gayle-You are doing so well with posting your menus. I tend to post, then don't go back to add a couple of other things that I have eaten. I am eating way too much frozen yogurt--2 bowls full. As soon as I run out, I won't buy anymore.

Ramona-Your Christmas tree idea sounds nice. Since I don't celebrate Christmas, I really don't understand all about the significance of the tree, but it sounds like just what would be good for you and your family.

Last edited by ShelleyM; 10-26-2004 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #18  
Losing it!

Shelley, I like novelty ice cream (individual pieces), that way I have portion control! If it was up to me to measure out that little 1/2 cup portion it would be 3 cups by the time I was finished!!! Thank you for the kind comment of posting my menu's...I made a goal of continuing to post them, no matter how bad!

Dee, thanks for the link! Super ideas! I made the witches fingers last year, they turned out cute! If you roll the dough kind of bumpy, it looks like a creepy witches finger. The nails are made by taking almond slices, painting with red food coloring and attaching to the dough.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #19  

Shelley, to me the significance of the tree is really just the beauty if provides. Most of the ornaments have special meaning or hold special memories. I love to turn off the lights in the room and just have the trees lit. There is just something about it that makes me feel at peace.

Gayle, what you said about the tree for my mom is right on. I will use Victorian ornaments and strings of faux pearls. She would have loved it!

Sherry, how is Wayne today? I hope his PT session goes well. Rick is going to have a total knee replacement after the first of the year. It will take about 4 months for him to be back on his feet.

Dee, how is Dez today? Did she call the police??

Gotta get busy processing Orders Of Protection. I'll "talk" to you all later.....
Old 10-26-2004, 11:54 AM   #20  

Yipee todays in a row the sun is shinning. Boy do I miss the sun when it isn't here. My nights are getting better. I am sleeping through most of the night. With increasing the oxycontin at night, I am painless til almost morning. I still may increase the day dose because I am taking the fast acting one to tie me over but I will wait and see. I notice a big difference with the one extra pill. My spelling is poor and I have a hard time with remembering some words. Oh to be free of pain the sacrafices I do. Not that bad yet because I can still focus long enough to post. Now for a biggie.......I have debated about for many years. I guess this is the place to talk about it too. I didn't know if I wanted to share this but I need your imput. Since the birth of Dez my lower stomach muscle seperated. I look like I have another bum No matter how many situps I do it does not change the look.My skin is lose and flabby. It would look fine if I wore underware but I hate that stuff. I would rather where dresses or change my pants everyday. You probably figured where this is going.....I am considering a tummy tuck, I figured that I have made scarifices for the kids for years, now we can afford it (I think...don't know the price yet) I want it done. I am very conscious of it. I just hate the way it looks. I guess for the price of a tummy tuck I would buy a lot of control top underware....lol I feel that it would be my reward for going through so much pain resently. I know that this too would jurt but only for a little while. What do you girls think? What have you heard about them? Larry understands how I feel and said if I want it done go for it. It took me the longest time to even tell him how much it bothers me. I thought that if I never said anything that it might go away. Opinnions anyone? I know that Gayle will have one....lol

Ramona I would love to see a picture of your trees when they are up. I love the romantic ambience when the lights are turned down and tree is twinkling. Last year we decorated our tree in gold ribbons, gold ornaments and clear lights. It was one of my favorites. Dez has been waiting for the police to get back to her. I guess they have been busy but they will get a report from her eventually.

Gayle your welcome to the link I sent you. They have a lot of good recipes. I recieve a news letter weekly from them. I have made the withches finger cookies before with the daycare. The kids just loved them. I am looking forward to getting mail from you. Not here yet but the antisipation is good.

Shelley I think that it is a good idea to replace some of the frozen yogut with fruit. Maybe put fruit in a bowl and top it with a bit of yogurt. It is hard for me to imagine that you are eatting something cold to cool you down when a hot cup of coca would be more what I would need in this climate right now.

Sherry how is Wayne? Usually the day after is not great. Tell him I understand the pain he is going through and I am praying for him.

Got to get off my butt.

Have a good day.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:20 PM   #21  
Losing it!

Dee, do I need a tummy tuck? YES!!! Would I have one? That depends...
I watch the makeover shows on television and I just cringe!!! I would have a tummy tuck before I ever had facial surgery! Those women look like they are in soooo much pain!
Of course, this is coming from someone who tries to be noble and give blood, but usually ends up flat back with her legs in the air because I looked at the needle!
If you think it will make you feel better about yourself and you can afford it, then I say GO FOR IT!!!!! I'm sure Larry loves you regardless if you have an extra pooch or not and I'm sure he will want you to do what will make you happiest!
Old 10-26-2004, 12:32 PM   #22  

I'm back......

Just finished a meeting with the FBI so now I have a few minutes to chat.

Dee, if I had the money and the time off, you better know I'd have plastic surgery. Of course, I don't see either of those things ever becoming a reality. I was watching a show last night called "Extreme Plastic Surgery". Oh my, you should have seen some of the things people had done. One woman had butt cheek implants so she would have a rounder booty! One woman had had something like 42 procedures on her face. Her whole face looked like Michael Jackson's nose!!! I know there are extremes, but I can think of a couple of things I would love to have done.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:44 PM   #23  
Losing it!

I can think of SEVERAL things I would want done, but I'm a chicken! I never thought I would get through childbirth! In fact, my very first visit to the doctor...we had a loooonnnngggg discussion on pain management! I just wanted to make sure he was on the samne wave length as I was.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:22 PM   #24  

Just created a ticker for my signature (hope no spyware is attached to it!!) and wanted to see how it looks.

And, yessss, I now have over 100 pounds to lose to be considered "healthy...." How depressing.

Plastic surgury? In a heartbeat!! Of course, they recommend that you maintain a weightloss for a year or more before surgery, so it'll probably never happen for me!

Oh--I bought 10 sessions with a personal trainer/faux nutritionist at my gym. We're gonna plan menus, work out together and get my fat a$$ back in the groove! I changed my schedule at work from 7:30-5:00 to 8:00 to 4:30 so I can go to the early morning workout group. Y'all will be seeing more of me on the exercise board in November--I have been walking/riding some in October, just not enough to worry with on the board--sorry!

Cheryl
Old 10-26-2004, 05:47 PM   #25  

Hello

Well....You'll never believe this! On the way home from physical therapy with Wayne, my cell phone rings. It's the school calling. They said they thought Drew had broken his ankle in PE playing basketball!!!! I took him straight to the ER. After xrays and 2 hours later, they said it was not broke but maybe would of been better if it was because all the torn muscles (bad sprain)that he's got hurt worse then a brake. They put a leg brace, gave antinflamtory pills, pain pills and CRUTCHES! Now I have 2 on crutches!!!!

The PT was very hard on Wayne. He was hurting pretty bad by the time they were done. He has to go 3x's per week. He can't drive, we have 1 car so we're still trying to figure out how he'll get there! I took yesterday & today off work so I have to go back tomorrow. I am finding out that I WOULDN'T make a good nurse!! I'm loosing my patience and ready to go back to work!

Dee,
I say....GO FOR IT GIRL!!!!!! If I had the money there are things I would want to do!! Though a tummy tuck isn't one of them. I guess you would say I was blessed by not having a big belly or stetch marks. My problem is my big legs, boobs & butt!! I'm so glad you asked and I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone feels about this. BTW: I'm so glad you are sleeping better now.Hopefully in time the mornings will feel better for you too. BIG HUGS & LOVE YA!

Gayle,
Your Halloween treats & ideas sound adorable!!! You have so many talents! We have a lot of trick or treaters here. The neighborhood is full of kids. We have a ballgame that day but hopefully I'll be home by 5:30. I LOVE to pass out candy and see the outfits. Are you going to take pics of Alison?

Ramona,
Your post touched me so much! I think it's a wonderful idea of having 3 trees with one of them for your Mom. I can just imagine her smiling now! Thanks for the peep talk. I KNOW I'll get through the rough times. I'll learn to make everyday special for my family even with Chris gone. It will be hard at first but I'll make it!

Hello to all.....

BTW: Debbie will be posting tonight to tell everyone about her visit to the Dr. I was going to tell yesterday but decided she should.

Hugs!
Old 10-26-2004, 05:51 PM   #26  

Ish!! Sherry--those sprained ankles are TOUGH--and they take FOREVER to heal....
I feel for you--two babies to take take care of!
Old 10-26-2004, 05:55 PM   #27  

Cheryl.....We were posting at the same time.I'm so proud of you for joining up with a trainer and changing your hours so you could!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!! Remember, Take 1 day at a time.....1 lb. at a time! I believe in you!

Also...I LOVE your ticker!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous! I want one!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:12 PM   #28  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Sherry...Bless your heart!!When it rains it pours!! Please let me know if I can do anything. Going back to work will help you...LOL. Give Wayne and Drew hugs for me.

Last Thursday I went to the Vanderbilt Asthma Sinus Allergy Program. I spent the whole day there.I had lots of tests run on me. I have had chronic sinus and upper respiratory infections for 5 or 6 years. Come to find out, I have Asthma and they said I probably have had it for several years. All the things I thought I was allergic to just triggers the Asthma. With all this congestion I feel, my lungs and sinuses were clear. I'm on Prednisone for 10 days and several nose sprays and an inhaler. I even went through an educational class to learn how to help myself live with my condition. One of the MAIN things I have to do is QUIT smoking!!!! I have really cut down but I know I can not do this own my own. My nerves is too bad!!

Question... I am considering Hypnosis!! What do you guys think of it? I may even do it for weightloss, Lord knows on this medicine, I'm eating everything in sight. If I do this I have a long list of things I'm getting changed while I'm knocked out...LOL.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:33 PM   #29  

Dee-Are you kidding?? I say DO IT!! I have wanted liposuction for years. I am like Sherry, and don't have a tummy problem, but if I could have something done these thighs and this butt I would do it in a heartbeat!

Sherry-Wow! Tell Drew to take care of that ankle. You poor dear! Please take care of yourself while you are taking care of everyone else!

Cheryl-Good luck with your trainer. Sounds like you are ready to get yourself in gear!

Debbie-I have considered hypnosis for weight loss before. I just wonder if it really works. If you do it, please make sure to let us know how it goes.

Gayle-I love those makeover shows! My mom had a face lift probably 20 years ago. She looked so scary while recovering that at the time, my SIL wouldn't let her kids see her because she was afraid they would have nightmares!
Old 10-26-2004, 11:50 PM   #30  
Losing it!

Sher, tell Drew I'm thinking of him and give him a big ol' hug! Poor kid! Hopefully his ankle will start to heal as soon as Allisons did...they say to be very careful with it for a few weeks...if he turns it again this soon, it could break. Isn't it funny how we love our spouses so much but we can quickly lose our patience with them when they are ill or hurt? LOL! I am thinking of you guys and wishing only the best!

Cheryl, congrats on making the first step to hire yourself a trainer! YIPPPEEE!!! I want one of those ticker things, even had it all setup, but couldn't figure out how to get it as a signature. Don't get depressed over the 100 pounds, with your right mind set, motivation and our support, you will do it! Did you happen to go read about JuJu on the daily skinny post? She is an AWESOME lady who lost over 100 pounds, maybe you can find some info there too.

Deb, {{{HUGS}}} my dear friend! when I decided to quite smoking I tried cutting back...nada...I had to do it COLD TURKEY! It will be a rough few months for you, but once you DO IT, you will be SO HAPPY you did! Just don't trade one bad habit for another like I did...now I eat instead of smoking! I tried a hypnosis without any luck for my smoking and to lose weight. ***But, remember, this was me, it may very well work for other people and I was in a room with others, it may work out differently one on one.
I know where your coming from about the asthma and allergies, Allison fights it constantly. We have inhalers and nose spray bottles all around here. I hope your back up and feeling better soon!

Shelley, you are so tiny, I can't believe you have considered any surgery!
Closed Thread