Old 10-26-2004, 05:33 PM   #46  
kitty Momo

*sigh*

I leave Tuesday at 8:30 in the morning Marti....get there at 4ish- his time.

He is 3 hours behind me so his 4am call is my 7 am call.......lol- he is sweet to do that- though he usually calls at 5:30 his time when he is getting up - which is 8:30 my time...blah-blah

and he will text me or call on his lunch break - plus at night he has free minutes after 9pm - his time- which is mid night my time-->and we talk til 3 am my time...which is going to have to stop because I really need sleep....

Have a prescription at Kaiser to pick up and trying to wrap this packing up.....

weighed in at 142 this morning..........*sigh*......drank a pepsi, now I am really hyper.....lol

talk later
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:47 PM   #47  
GmaTo8

Hiya...

Susan - I forgot to mention, if your luggage is black, PLEASE tie a bright piece of ribbon or yarn on the handle - about 8-9" long is good. We tied polka-dot ribbon on the plain black ones we had, but you wouldn't believe what a pain in the butt it was for others who didn't!

Cristi - chili sounds good! Ever notice that when 1 Jaded Lady mentions it, we all end up cooking it, lol. Think I'll make a pot of it soon.

Sue - I wish we did have trick-or-treaters out here, but all we get is the grandkids. In town, we'd have over 100, and it was fun!

Marti - did you ever find a treadmill you liked? I guess I missed what bargains you got, and where, but I'm still glad you got them, lol. Glad you're going to be on a certain shift now, so you can actually get into a routine.

I went to Evansville today and found a digital camera for Katie $20 cheaper than at our Walmart. Also got some books that were on her Christmas list, and found a sweater for me to wear on New Year's Eve. We're going to a club in town, and nobody dresses up in dresses or anything, just pants and a top. So I got a real soft pink sweater with a few "diamonds" sprinkled on it.... kind of festive, but not TOO much, and also feminine. Neal will like it on me, I know.

BBl,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:52 PM   #48  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Susan~your calls with Rocky sound like me and V before we met. I was living in AR at the time and he was in KS-not that far apart. Our longest conversation on the phone was 4 hours long and I am glad that that time it was his dime! LOL You are going to have the best time girly. Hey, I will take your 142 any day. You have done such an awesome job with your weight loss and are keeping it off. I don't think it is bad to go up and down a couple of pounds because you do stay on top of it.

Marti~Surviving Christmas is out with Ben Affleck. It looks funny and I hope that the parts they show on tv aren't the only funny parts. DD and I will see it next week. I haven't seen any previews for any other Christmas movies which seems kind of odd. Glad you are finally on a regular schedule. I can't believe James has never had a carmel apple! I love those things! Used to like candy apples but had a bad experience in Redondo Beach, CA. We used to go to the pier all the time, that was our favorite place, well one of the beaches...anyway. I got one and was trying to bite into the thing and the stick went right through the apple and stuck me in the lip-put a hole in it and it was bleeding terribly. I don't think I have had one since. Started eating the carmel apples because they are softer and watched out for the stick. You would think they would put dull sticks through them. Anyway...you must make James some/one.

Okay ladies I am outta here again. Have to go get my chili together now that the beans have cooked for three hours. I put my review of The Grudge on the movie thread-it was funny-to us anyway. TATA

Sue~hope you get to feeling better. We have tons of candy for the little goblins also-I just love to see the kiddies all dressed up. I am proud of myself because we bought the candy a few weeks ago and while I did open it I only had a bit of a smore to see what it taste like. I opened it because little miss skinny DD wanted some chocolate and I made her beg. I told her if I opened it I would get in it so didn't want to open it. She really did beg! LOL But I haven't had any of it. I am thinking about throwing something together for myself when I hand out candy-I know it is too late to find a costume. Or maybe next year.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:56 PM   #49  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Jane~you snuck in there while I was posting. Your sweater sounds so pretty! I love soft pink sweaters. Sounds like you and Marti are finding some great deals. I still don't want to think about Christmas shopping even though I need to. Yeah, with this weather chili sounded really good today and I need to get off here so I can get the rest of it together and let it simmer for another hour or so. See ya.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:06 PM   #50  

Howdy! 2 days in a row! What gives???

Didn't do much today. Work was busy. Got a few remarks about the cake, "is that gray frosting?" But it was creative. I didn't even get a piece. I dropped it off at the agency office and spent the day at the hospital working. We had a 2 1/2 hr dept meeting. That really puts a time crunch on the day!

I'm looking very much to this weekend. We set the clocks back. Ahhh, an extra hour of sleep! I'm still so tired. Went to bed last night and couldn't sleep. Never fails.

Wanted to walk around the neighborhood and do some yard work tonight, but wouldn't you know it, it rained all day. I didn't think that was supposed to start until tomorrow. So much for plans.

Jane - Your sweater sounds nice. I'm not real big on pink though. I suppose it has nothing to do with my mom telling me for years "pink is for girls". Hello! What am I? How do I post a pic on a thread like you've done? I'll post the cake if a pic turns out.

Cristi - I made chili a couple weekends ago. It was yummy. Today is definately a good soup day. Cold and rainy. Hmmm, wonder what I've got in the cabinet. Did you like the Grudge? On my first date with dbf we saw Scream. I thought it was hilarious and laughed through the whole thing. He must've thought I was a maniac!

Susan - Less than one week! But who's counting?! I'm sure you aren't! lol Caffeine does the same thing to me, but so does sugar. Sometimes so much, I feel like my brain is tingling.

Marti - Oh you are something. Going shopping for more? Girl, you sure do spend your new paychecks don't you? I'm gonna feel like I've gone shopping when I can fit into my clothes again. My goal is 10 lbs by T-giving.

Sue - there are some nasty viruses going around at work. I was exposed over 2 weeks ago, so it looks like I'm pretty safe now. I quit smoking 7 1/2 yrs ago. I've said the same thing, I can do anything. Sometimes I wonder...

Angie - How much snow do you have? I try to find a day during the week, never on weekends, to do my shopping. Which reminds me, I should request a day in December then. Hope your feeling better soon.

Well, getting a migraine from all the rain and the computer screen. Guess I'll have to go rest on the couch!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:47 PM   #51  

Hi All

Just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello!!!
Trying to catch up on some school work this week. I have a rotten cold so I havent been able to go work at the hospital yet this week for clinical!!

Same old stuff here, nothing much else going on!! Im trying to get back on track with my dieting... I also am looking forward to tomorrow. I joined this program called the Power Lunch Program, a bunch of us from the hospital, go every wednesday to a low income school near my work on our lunch hour , We are mentoring 6th grade students who have reading problems!! So tomorrow is our second meeting together where we are going to pick out the book we're going to start working on!! I know its only 1 day a week for an hour, but we hope it encourages them to get into reading more!! My child's name is Danny, he's a nice little boy!! So I look forward to that, cause I love helping the kids!

Hope all is well with everyone, and I'll check back later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:50 AM   #52  
GmaTo8

Exclamation

Wait! Go on over to Chit Chat # 85, please!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote