Old 10-17-2004, 09:01 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default STAY AT HOME MOMS #268 SuNdAy

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:14 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Leigh,
Just make sure whatever you choose that you can do it as your way of life. I have taken the principles I learned from South Beach and Core and now I just don't even feel like I am on a plan. It is just who I am. Good luck with the program and let us know what you find out! And I got a hour nap in..... first one in a long long time!

Jaymi,
Michelle swiped up the clothes already. I am joining Michelle, and Deana on the road trip to get you back in gear!!!!!! Come on girl! You can do this!

Mel,
I am sorry you haven't gotten any rest How was last night? Have you exercised this weekend?

Deana,
Congrats to you on the supper choice last night! Can't wait for Tuesday's weigh in!!!

Michelle,
I'll email you my addy today. Can't wait for the swap..... SO is it a secret who gets us and all that stuff? huh, huh?? Psss.... Tell em who you get.....LOL J/J Congrats on the supper! I am now craving pears!

Chris,
Hope you are feeling better today. The dinner didn't sound too bad to me

Well I gotta get my church lessons together. I am gonna call in a sub today. Nicholas and I are now sick with cough congestion and a sore throat. I don't wanna give it to the kids. I am gonna go lay around and hope the kids will too

And yeah, dh knows I got sick last night and he is fishing today... Typical Male huh?

Super Mom signing off! LOL
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:03 AM   #3  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

OK OK OK I am convinced Mother Nature is nothing but a cruel, heartless witch. I woke up to TOM this morning. Dh is going to be leaving for 5 days on Wednesday and today is our 6th Anniversary. Even though he has to work tonight and I won't see much of him til tomorrow evening, it sux! We got money from his mom and grandma for our Anniversary so I asked him last night what we were going to do with it and we both started thinking about what is going on this week and discovered we can't really do anything . Nothing like sacrificing time with the one you love

Penny: When it rains it pours. Hope you and Nicholas get to feeling better really soon. Sorry dh whent fishing. I know with mine, he feels I can take care of myself so he goes about his business. He only does things I ask him to but I don't really want to be babied, just want a little help with everyday things when I'm really sick. And he's right, I can take care of myself, just need a little sympathy now and then, from any of them. Get packed and look out Jaymi!!!

For everyone else....if you didn't go back to last night, I did get back on and get personal. Good morning to all.

I'm going for coffee and breakfast then try to get the kids motivated to clean today. Maybe if I offer to take them for ice cream later they will work better??? My ear is still bothering me. Hope the anitbiotics start kicking in better today.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:56 AM   #4  
2BoysMom

Good morning all,

Felt like breakfast this morning (other than the high fiber cereal I usually have ) and made Jennie O turkey sausage & eggs. The sausages are skinless and were really tasty. Just 2 took care of that "want to ahve something greasy for breakfast" feeling.

Tony's feeling better today...gave him a couple of doses of ibuprofin yesterday and he passed out early. He doesn't seem to have a temp today although he's not quite up to his normal level of energy. I put some of my voodoo oil LOL on a cotton ball in his room last night. It's an essential oil blend for colds and flu. I never believed in aroma therepy 'til I tried this stuff. I swear it's a miracle cure...Penny, can you smell it? I'm blowing it your way .

Not sure what we'll do today. I didn't get any cleaning done other than laundry yesterday 'cause Tony just wanted to be held by his Mommy. I did go grocery shopping while he napped though. Maybe I'll get that vacuuming done today. If not today, it'll still be there tomorrow!

Hope you're all having a wonderful day! Deana...I think TOM is very, very mean to you!!! Arrrrgh.

Gotta run..ttyl
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:04 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning gals..
I'm playing hookie from church today too, Penny. I was so tired that I even went to bed really early and woke up too late to get everyone going today.

Well Penny, Michelle, and Deana-I'll join you with getting Jaymi back on track.

Hear that Jaymi! We all want to see you get back in the game and stay with it.

Deana-Darn that stupid TOM! It never comes at a convenient time and ruins the best laid plans. Well anyhow-HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Well I'll get more personal later. I'm still floating around the house in my pjs and haven't even showered or anything. Talk about LAZY!
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:05 PM   #6  
mama of 4little Angels

Hey Ladies--Everyone felt like posting on Saturday it looks like.

All the kids are getting better.My 5yr old still has a bit of a cold.
I'm doing really well OP and drinking my water.I've been drinking 3 or 4 32oz bottles a day.I'm going to the doctor on Monday.I'm going to get a Physical and get tested for a couple of things.My stomach just hasn't felt quit right lately.And i've been irregular a bunch I bought some fibercon and womens correctal.Now i'm going to the bathroom to much.My stomach gets really bloated after I eat and I don't feel good for about 10 ro 15 minutes then I feel o.k. I hope that wasn't TMI I was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem.I've looked online and in magazines and it can be a number of different problems.

I got to get off here I'll get personal later.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 01:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Its SNOWING here right now!! I can't believe it!! In the last couple of years we haven't gotten snow til like the beginning of December! Crazy weather!!

I had my menu all planned today but hubby went and made me breakfast in bed....french toast with light syrup and whole wheat bread. But still about a 15 point breakfast lol oh well I told him not to do it again but had to thank him for the thought

Penny just remember to let me know how much for postage. Is Andrew feeling much better today? I hope so!! Taylor is out playing in the snow right now so darn cute!!!

Ok I'm not feeling too well, I'm not used to having a heavy heavy breakfast so I'm gonna lay down for a bit longer and then give my school tech support a call so I am ready to roll tomorrow.

Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #8  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Quick post from me. I haven't gone back to read the other thread yet. I took Andrew to the ER last night with an asthma attack and after doing some things for him decided to admit him. He and I stayed all night and they treated him for bronchitis/pnemonia (sp?). We're finally home but totally, totally exhausted. Gonna try to get some rest. I'll be back later.
Hope all is well for all of you.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:58 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Crystal,
Sorry to hear about Andrew. Poor little guy. Hope he feels better soon. Did they have to give him antibiotics? Praying that you get some rest today. I'll send some good thoughts your way and maybe that'll do some good.

Michelle-You got snow? Next thing ya know it'll be coming my way. We had snow last year for Halloween and let me tell you-it was cold. My BIL and his girlfriend are customs agents up by Plentywood and they're planning on snowfall soon. I guess last year, they got snow on Oct. 18th. He's all ready for it this year.

Angel-Hope your doctor's appt. goes okay for you. I don't mean to be dumb, but what in the world is TMI?

Well, I got some work done around here and did some sewing on Kayla's costume. I 'm putting the ruffle on the skirt. I'm almost there. It'll be done before Halloween. No problem. Well, it's way past lunch time and the kiddies are fussing. I better feed my hungry litte cubs...

~chris
Old 10-17-2004, 03:10 PM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Thanks Chris, I'll take what I can get.

They first gave him some treatments back to back, some steroids and took some exrays. His oxygne numbers still weren't coming up and his heart rate wasn't coming down. Then they put the iv in him and some oxygen around his nose/face. We waited while the antibiotics went through his iv and the numbers still weren't doing as well as they wanted. So they decided to admit him, keep the oxygen on him all night. They kept the iv in him in case they needed to give him more stuff. So all night he had this splint on his arm to keep him from messing with his iv and this tube across his face and in his nose which drove him crazy. Neither of us slept much as you could imagine.
Finally this morning they took the oxygen off and his numbers still didn't look good but they weren't as bad either. They said we could bring him home and gave us some more antibiotics and I have to consistently give him treatments every 3 to 6 hours for several days and take him into his doc in a couple of days for check up.
He is alot better today then he was last night. It was all so terrible, he's never hugged me as long or as tight as he did last night. I felt so bad for him.
Anyways, I haven't rested yet, Andrew's not ready to. So I cleaned the kitchen, washed the table off and swept underneath it. Took a shower, gave him his medicine and a treatment and now I'm getting to the point of not keeping my eyes open. Hopefully shortly we'll nap.
I'll check back later.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 03:12 PM   #11  

Hey girls just wanted to share a picture of the snow....tis the season

Crystal hope andrew is better soon, taylor had rsv and full blown pneumonia last year after 3 months of being told it was just a virus and they couldn't do anything they ended up admitting her for the better part of a week after her oxygen dropped so low she started to turn blue. I'm glad Andrew got looked at right away, thank goodness for that!

Ok just wanted to show you the snow!
Old 10-17-2004, 03:20 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Crystal,

Last year they admitted Nicole to the hospital in the middle of the night because of her breathing. She had pneumonia too. She was a bear to get the iv in. She was up there for 4 days. Her numbers just weren't coming up either. Kelly would stay with her at night because she wouldn't sleep in the cribs (of course they look like jail cells..I wouldn't want to sleep in one either). I couldn't stay with her because I had been taken off my meds because my liver count was too high and I was having a very painful, hard time getting around. I wasn't strong enough to hold her. Sometimes having RA makes me feel like a lousy mother because there is some things I just can't do. Anyhow, Nicole had IV antibiotics, the nebulizer, steriods...just like Andrew. We had to continue all that stuff for 10 days after she got out. Now, she has breathing problems everytime she gets sick. I hope Andrew gets to feeling better. I hate it when little kids are sooo sick. They look so helpless and I would just love to take all the pain and yucky stuff away from them and be sick for them.

Prayers are coming your way...

~chris
Old 10-17-2004, 03:32 PM   #13  

Oh yeah it stinks when kids get sick like that...Tay was admitted on new years eve and she was shaking so badly we thought she was cold til I saw her lips were bright blue!! She was going into shock from lack of oxygen! I stayed with her the first night til my pulmonologist said I had to leave since I am high risk for pneumonia and lung infections. Then DH stayed with her the doctors had to come in all gowned up with plastic hoods over their heads. Taylor also had to have a catheter inserted which was hard for her because she has a very small urethra (we used to have to put estrogen cream on it) She didn't pee for 3 days or so even with all the fluids they were giving her via iv! They would come in and do the breathing treatments and she would fight them like crazy because she was so scared The first thing I did when I went up there the night she was admitted was give her her doctor kit that she had gotten for xmas and the doctors were so impressed that I even thought to do that, so I explained that maybe she wouldn't be so scared if she could be a doctor too right along with them. It did help her a little bit! The day they let her come home I called up there and hubby answered the phone and I could hear Taylor in the back ground singing itsy bitsy spider with one of her nurses it was so darn cute!!

I have already made the decision this year that our girls are not going out into public places if we can avoid it at all. Hubby and I will hop right in the shower after work and disinfect all doorknobs and stuff like that...that way we aren't bringing any germs home with us and if we do they will be very few but every little bit helps and I am not taking a chance with my childrens health. Especially since now the flu shots are going to be next to impossible, I'm high risk and I doubt they will give me one because I'm younger. I mean I have a lung disease but my shot will go to and elderly person who has less of a chance of recovery if they did get the flu.

Okay I don't have any idea about what I'm rambling on and on about lol just wanted to share our experience with the nasty pneumonia/rsv bug!

Love to you all!
Michelle
Old 10-17-2004, 03:59 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey girls got back from coffee with my cousin and long lost friend and it was great! She was the same ol girl from high school and it was like old times. It was really neat. She is on her way back to Portland now so probably won't see her for awhile but I am hoping we can keep in touch by e-mail.

Anyway we were SUPPOSED to go to the corn maze today but now it is raining!! Who sent it here?!! We really wanted to go yesterday but one of the couples we were supposed to go with wanted to go today so we said ok, should have gone yesterday. Still pissed about it. I think we are going to go next weekend weather permitting.

Got some new clothes yesterday and today. I know I know my siggy says I will get a new outfit after 5 pounds lost but I couldn't help it. I just feel so much better about myself that I want some new clothes to show how I feel. I feel good about my body and even though I have some more to lose I finally feel like I can fit into a crowd instead of staning out as the girl who STILL hasn't lost the weight after the baby LOL So anyway if any of you need new shoes they are having buy one get one half off at Payless shoes (any of you have Payless shoes?) and there are some really cute ones for pretty cheap. They have kids shoes too. You can also check the website www.payless.com and if they don't have your size or style at the store they will ship the ones you want to the closest store for free! So that's my tip for the day! LOL

Heading over to our friends house that we were supposed to go the corn maze with as soon as Bayley wakes up so that should be fun. Not sure what we are going to do there but we always have fun and it's nice to visit when it's so yucky outside.

Penny sorry you all are not feeling well. I hope you got a sub for church today. Get better!

Deana sorry about TOM!! That stinks! It will get better though, it always does. I guess since it's your TOM that means mine is not too far away! AHHHH actually I have a 35 day cycle so it's probably still 3 weeks out so I have time to prepare!! Hope you start feeling better as well. Hope the ear heals fast!

Geri glad Tony is feeling better. Good job on the breakfast too! That sounded yummy. I've been making these turkey bacon wraps and they are soooooooooooooo good!! I love turkey disguised as pork, it's great!!

Chris I hope you get some extra rest! TMI mean Too much information! LOL

Crystal I am sooooooooo sorry about Andrew. How scary!!! I hope he gets well soon an you get some well needed rest too!

Michelle that is crazy about the snow!!! How much do you usually get during the winter? How sweet of dh to make breakfast! You can't deny it if they make it since it is rare, right? Hope you are feeling better though,

Ok ladies gotta get so we can go to our friends house TTYL!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:24 PM   #15  

I just wanted to say to Crystal that my thoughts and prayers are with you! You must be exhuasted. I wish I could come help you out for a day. It's too bad none of us live close. Anyway, I'm sure you;ll keep us posted on his condition.

Everyone else...........HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk more tomorrow, been hectic here. Patrick is feeling much better though ...
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote