3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Stay At Home Moms #267 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/48009-stay-home-moms-267-a.html)

mompen 10-16-2004 08:15 AM

Stay At Home Moms #267

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

mompen 10-16-2004 08:20 AM

Morning Ladies,

Michelle,
I am so happy for you to go back to school! In life, I always want to feel like I did something great that made me happy. I know we are all moms and our family comes first, but we need some Woman time also and not just Mommy time. :)

Way to Go! :bravo:

Well Andrew has been sleeping since 6pm yesterday b/c of his sinus infection. I sure hope he is feeling better today. I am gonna go to the gym so if not I will leave him with mother in law.

Have a great day :)

mamawithdreams 10-16-2004 08:38 AM

Happy Saturday Morning

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

IT'S A GIRL!!! She had Libby Jane this morning, Oct. 16th at 6:23. I'm waiting for the details on weight and etc. She went into labor around midnight and really a hard time having contractions. They said it's normal for someone that's had so many and also the cord was around the baby's neck pretty tight. They said that's another sign of having inconsistent contractions. Sis said she's getting too old for this, LOL. I'll be going over there sometime today and let you all know more about it.

Andrew didn't sleep well. He is still sleeping now, though. He is sooooo congested. I let him play outside alot yesterday because it was so nice and he really seemed to feel better yesterday. The night times always hit harder. Anyways I probably won't get a nap in since I'll be going to see sis.

Michelle, glad you're day got better and the school stuff is working out. I've been feeling well. My hips don't hurt it's my pubic bone that hurts but by no means does it hurt like it has in my past pregnancies. The baby moves like all the time.

Penny, hope your Andrew is feeling better.

Hello to all you other sahm's out there. I'll check in later when I know more about the baby. Hope you all had a good night and have a great day. TTYL

mamawithdreams 10-16-2004 10:08 AM

It's me....Andrew is really sick, I think a mix from allergies to his asthma. I'll give him a breathing treatment later. Because of this, we can't go to sis's house. This will be the first time in 8 kids that I didn't get to see right away. It's killing me and the girls are so saddened by it.
Sis said Libby fooled everyone weighing in at 8 lbs. 3 oz. No one thought she to be much over 7 lbs. A real blue face from the cord being around the neck. But otherwise, everyone is fine and healthy. If Andrew isn't better by Monday I'll take him to the doc. If he is better maybe we can go to her house. Tuesday is my doc's appt.
Anyways, I've got to get some things done while Andrew is content. Otherwise, he just wants me to sit and hold him.
TTYL

mamawithdreams 10-16-2004 10:51 AM

Okay no one is ever going to know about my sis if you don't wake up and read this. LOL!!!

I also thought I'd add for a laugh, I guess my tummy is really growing because my panties are rolling underneath my belly. I've been able to wear these up until now.
Hope you all get a good laugh out of that one.
TTYL

Loveliam 10-16-2004 10:52 AM

Morning gals :)
Thanks for your kind words. Penny and some others mentioned getting a personal trainer. I've actually been thinking about that seriously. I think there is one who comes to our building even (we have a workout room). Another option is, L.A. Fitness is right down the street and they have daycare, so if I find a personal trainer there, that would work too.

Penny- I hope Andrew is feeling better too!

Crystal- congratulations!!!!! I'm glad mother and baby are now fine, but the cord around the neck thing is scary!

Michelle- hi! Liam's party is coming along fine. We're having soooo many relatives and friends here that it will be crazy for him LOL. How about Teagan's??? Is she walking? Liam is walking. More each day . . . I still can't believe a whole year has gone by!

Okay, I know I'm missing some of you from yesterday's thread, but we're on our way out the door to another Birthday party. Everyone we know has October Birthdays. This is the second of FOUR (not even including Liam's party!). I told DH forget saving money for the holidays, we should only budget for October LOL.

chrily 10-16-2004 11:37 AM

Morning ladies...

Crystal-tell your sister congratulations on her baby!!!! :cheer: That would be so scary to have the cord around the neck. Glad she is okay though.

It sounds like you're going through the same thing I did with Nicole. I hate it when they are that miserable. I'm not sure how you are, but it scares me to death and I am so edgy until Nicole is breathing better and feeling more like herself. I'm so afraid she'll end up in the hospital.

And don't you just hate it when your underwear rolls. Mine always did too. Esp. with Nicole because she was my biggest baby.

Penny-Hope your Andrew gets to feeling better too. It must be that time of year. Well have fun at the gym today.

Michelle-I'm also glad to hear your day got better. Today better be a good one for you, huh?

Well good morning to the rest of you. I've started my day out with a bang...I've drank enough water to sink a battleship and I started cleaning my kitchen right after I got out of bed. I was going to do it last night but after I dropped Tiana off at her dad's ( a nice 30 mile drive...yuck!), my sister Janet called and said she found the place where that stupid pumpkin was... We looked until 10 with flashlights but it was just too dark. Maybe we'll find it today, but knowing our luck, someone already has probably found it. My DH didn't get home last night til after 1 am. He is doing a citizen's police academy training course so last night was his ride along with a patrol officer. He won't admit it, but I know he had fun. He's always wanted to be a cop. So needless to say...I had the bed all to myself for awhile.... :D
Well, time to get back into the swing. This house won't clean itself and I want to get most of it done before my SIL comes to pick up Kayla.
~chris

red head 10-16-2004 11:47 AM

Herbalife

Hi,
Have any of you tried Herbalife? If so, how much weight did you lose, and how fast are the results?

BIGtimeLOSER 10-16-2004 11:53 AM

Did everyone join a gym or what? I haven't, but I am about to. I peeked at the scale this am and got really angry! This surgery thing got me all out of whacka nd I need to get with the program again...my blood sugar has been very high due to poor eating and NO exercise. So it's back to it...BIGTIME!

Went to a cross country meet today, it was cold but fun. Now I am sneezing my head off. I am doing laundry ALLL day long!!

LEIGH!!!!! WB, we missed you!!

YAY CRYSTAL!!! Glad the baby is here finally and doing well. Sorry Andrew is sick. Hope he gets well soon.

HEy Chris, we'll be cleaning together!! Laundry first for me.

Penny...sorry that Andrew is sick, too!! Poor Andrews!! Hope you are enjoying your gym membership. When did you start going? What do you like to do the best? I LOVE those ellipticals and I like group fitness classes, too!

See you gals at the next laundry swap, must get this house in order!!

Love to all!!
Cindi

Chubba 10-16-2004 12:10 PM

Hi all,

Crystal...congrats to your sister!! Glad everything worked out ok with the cord and all! Hope Andrew is feeling better soon!

Leigh..welcome back!!! Woo hoo...you haven't left us :D . When is Liam's party?

Cindi..must be laundry day...that's on my list too.

Chris..have fun cleaning...if you run out of things to do...hop on over ;) .

Penny..hope your little Andrew is feeling better soon too!

You guys didn't have to send the sick kid vibe over here though...Tony's not feeling well today either. He seemed fine when he got up but by breakfast he was very whiny (more than normal :lol: ) but didn't feel warm. An hour or so later his eyes were glossy and he was warm...now he has a dose of Tylenol in him and he's passed out on the couch down here. His temp was at 102.7 so hopefully the tylenol will keep it down for awhile so he can rest. I hate when the little one's get sick 'cause they can't tell you what's wrong. :( At least he got sick today and not Tues night before I go to work! He should be over it by then.

Michelle...I need the challenge. Let me know what you have in mind! What does your dh do?

Red...never tried herbalife...sorry!

Well, I had better go switch the laundry loads. Dh went to run errands and when he comes back I'll let him stay down here with the boys while I attack the upstairs. It needs a serious vacuum, mopping, dusting, decluttering!! Yikes...that's going to be all day :lol: .

Hugs to all...ttyl!

mompen 10-16-2004 01:11 PM

Hi Everyone!

I just got back from the gym. I left Andrew w/ my mil.. He is feeling much better today. Hunter and Nicholas didn't wanna leave the gym...lol

Anyhow, I did the high impact step aerobics class today... Whew! It felt great! An hour class and now I am ready for the day. I can't wait to see the scale next week :)

Melissa,
You are being quiet! Where are you girlie?

Leigh,
I think a trainer would be good for you :) Maybe once I get smaller I will get one to help me target my "problem areas".... I have many!

Is it just me or when you start losing weight you start having more and more problems areas..lol!

Geri,
Poor baby! I can't believe all the kiddos are sick :( Hope the challenge works out for you and Michelle! :)

Chris,
Oh I hope you find the pumpkin today! Hooray for you being on the ball today! Yah! :)

Cindi,
I think I just love the gym in general. It gives you a good feeling knowing tha you are there making a different in your body. And you feel great afterwards too!

Crystal,
I am so glad that your sis had the baby! HOORAY~ I am glad everything turned out ok with his cord! Nicholas had that happen also. Scary feeling. Dh can't watch Andrew so you can go? I know it is killing you :( Hope he starts feeling better soon!

Well I might take the kids for lunch somewhere so I will check back in later :)

MichelleRae 10-16-2004 01:17 PM

Good Morning Ladies!!

Crystal WWOOOOO HOOOOOO tell your sis I said congrats and that name Libby is adorable!!

Geri I'll figure out a "plan" for us tonight :) while I"m at work and I'll email it to you tomorrow.

Redhead, no haven't tried herbalife, I don't particularly believe in weight loss supplements...only in the meds my doc prescribes for me.

Penny hope you have a wonderful workout at the gym, I'm going downstairs to workout in a few minutes.

Leigh omg Teagan has been walking since she was 11 months exactly and now she's basically running all over the place what a monster but I mean that in the most endearing way possible. I want to see pics of Liams bday party!! I'll post some of Teagans after I finish this post!

Chris today will be much better since I've already gotten to sleep in! LOL I needed the sleep so badly!

Ok girls I'm going to load up Teagans bday pics and then go workout! Love to you all!
Michelle

spryng 10-16-2004 01:46 PM

Good afternoon all!!!

I'm back!! :) Just got home a little while ago from taking dh back to his truck in Olathe. Boy I am so tired so I hope to get a nap in sometime today.
Crystal, I am so thrilled for your sis!!!! How long was her labor?? How long did she push? The cord being around the neck is very common in women who have had several kids already. My midwife said babies can move so freely inside so the cord usually wraps around the baby or something like that. Tanner had his cord wrapped twice around his neck and once around his body, it was scary. But I'm so glad Libby is here and safe in her mothers arms! Do you think this will be your sis's last baby?? How old is she?

Well I'd love to get personal to everyone else but I have a million things to catch up on here, like housework and lunch and such, but I will be around later!! :) So glad to be back!

mamawithdreams 10-16-2004 02:17 PM

Thanks everyone for your congrats.

Penny, dh is working all day today and tomorrow for his grandparents so I won't get a chance to go at all.

Spryng, sis is 31 and says she's getting too old for this. She would love this to be her last but neither her nor bil believe in birth control at all, so it's all in God's hands.

Okay, Andrew is terribly ill. If he's not better by Monday he'll go to the doc. TTYL

Bayleysmom 10-16-2004 02:42 PM

Hey everyone! Well I weighed this morning as well as yesterday cuz I just felt like it and I was down another .5! So I'm gonna say 1 pound for the week and I will try not to peek till next Friday! LOL So now I need an even 10 pounds to get to my goal weight!

Never did get the the store yesterday since mom and I got side tracked at the mall! LOL Got some good stuff though LOL So I guess I will have to face the crowds and go grocery shopping today, don't really want to but I don't think we could survive till tomorrow without it.

Slept horrible last night since Bayley kept dh and I both up till like 3AM!!!!! I think she was gassy and/or constipated but it seemed to have passed and she is napping now so we'll see what happens. I don't feel too tired yet but the day is still young :)

Tonight we have my neice's babtism and birthday party and we are having a chili/potato bar at my sil so I am looking forward to that. Our family hasn't gotten together a lot lately since 3 of us are in college right now so it will be nice to get together and catch up. Tomorrow will be coffee with my cousin and our long lost friend from high school so that should be interesting. After that we are going with a group of friends to the corn maze and pumpkin patch, it should be really fun. I am looking forward to it.

So anyway that is what I am up to, what are you all doing today?

Penny it was great chatting with you last night, I miss doing that. Great job at the gym today! Isn't it great how you feel after the gym, like you have so much energy! Hope you get a lot done with your new energy today! LOL I'm glad Andrew seems to be feeling better, must have been his long sleep, huh? Bayley did that night before last. 6pm-8am. It was lovely

Crystal YAY!! Your an auntie again!! That is a super cute name! Man I respect their beliefs on bc but that is a lot of kids! LOL and to want to be done but not sure if they will have more or not is scary too. I guess just scary financially but having lots of kids would be great!! So sorry Andrew is not feeling well, I hope he gets better so you don't have to go to the doc.

Leigh your back!! I though you had abandoned us forever!! So Liam is walking huh? Not Bayley, we have tricked her into taking a few steps here and there but she doesnt like to do it. She will in her own time though. She walks really good with something to hang onto and push and she stands up on her own, she's just not to keen on the walking. Let us know how the party goes! Do you have a theme?

Chris I was super excited when I read that your sister had found the pumpkin. Did she though? Do you think someone else already found it? I hope you guys do, that would be so cool! Good job on all the water already. I havne't had any yet so I need to get on it!

Cindi you should totally join a gym. It would be so good for you. I'm glad you seem to be healing well from your surgery though. That's great! Have fun with the laundry!!

Geri I hope Tony gets to feeling better, I don't want that sick kid vibe either!! LOL Mabye when I got rid of my flu with those pills it sent them out through the internet LOL Sorry :( Good luck in your laundry, I have to do some too!

Michelle I am jelous of Teagan and Liam walking!! Geez!! Bayley is almost 13 months! I guess normal range is 11-15 months though so she is still on track! Hope you get your exercise in. Can't wait for you to start school!

Hi Spryng glad your back! How was your WI? How was your visit with dh. Good I hope. Hope to talk with ya soon!

Ok I need to get off my butt and get going on this house. I'll chat with y'all later!