3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Way Over 40 #11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/47791-way-over-40-11-a.html)

Lizziepie 10-10-2004 10:23 PM

Way Over 40 #11

Siwa: I searched a bit and found the secret. At the top of the Support Group page, there is a box which says forum tools. I clicked on that, and down came a menu and one of the choices is to start a new thread.

Yes, they found a malignancy, but the Dr. assures me that it is early and there should be no reason not to expect a complete cure. But surgery is what he reccommends, so I see the Surgeon on Thursday the 14th. And then I'll know more about what is going to happen and when.

It sure was like a kick in the belly, when he first told me, as I had never even thought about such a development. I was always concerned with breast cancer, since my mother had a masectomy.

But I know God is good, and I put my trust in Him and that things will be all right.

Hope you all had a nice weekend. I'll keep you posted. Ann

Lizziepie 10-12-2004 02:58 PM

Siwa:L Look for where it says Forum Tools, and the menu drops down. Where is everyone? Ann

aleka 10-12-2004 06:41 PM

Hi,

I do lurk here occasionally just to see how everyone is doing.

Ann, what a terrible thing to have to go through. Thank goodness they found it in time. Good luck with your Dr. appt on Thurs. I'll be thinking about you and will keep you in my prayers.

Hi Barb, Siwa, Candace :wave:

Alice

Lizziepie 10-12-2004 09:32 PM

Oh Alice - So glad to hear from you. How did you fare with the hurricane problems we in the "Plywood State" experienced. Are you all settled and happy with your new home. Please don't just lurk, let us know how you are doing. Thank you for your prayers. Ann

aleka 10-13-2004 01:08 PM

Hi,

We made it to FL ok, but it was a bumpy road getting here. Our first night in the house was when hurricane Jeanne hit. We fared very well with Jeanne only getting high winds and a lot of rain. We never lost any of our services. Thankfully we didn't own the house when Charley hit and the only damage was a couple of shingles that blew off. The people who we bought the house from were in the process of building a new one and thankfully that only had minimal damage. We have since been down to Port Charlotte & Punta Gorda to see the devastation. They have been cleaned up a bit, but it still looks like a war zone.

Because of hurricane Jeanne we had to wait 2 weeks for our furniture to arrive. The movers left NH 1 or 2 days after we did, they were in NC when Jeanne was approaching. So, the dispatcher called the truck back to NH. The driver had driven as many hrs. as he's allowed so the truck just sat in NH. After the 1st week DH called the movers and when he found out the truck was still sitting in NH he practically bit the guy's head off. We did get our furniture and stuff last Fri. We had been sleeping on a blow up mattress sitting in some lawn chairs, and using cardboard boxes to eat off of.

We passed papers on the house Aug. 27th and told the couple we bought the house from that since their new house was nowhere near ready to move into they could stay in the house until we moved in towards the middle of Sept. About 2 nights after we passed papers, the hose to the washing machine burst flooding the entire house with 1 1/2" of water. Thankfully they were still living here. They had just gotten home when they discovered water running out of the garage. They immediately called someone and they came up to dry the place out. They had caught it in time before the mold would set in. The kitchen floor was gone, that was ok because we were going to put ceramic tile in right away. We were going to live with the carpet for a while, but that had to be replaced too. Thankfully we did have insurance.

We arrived at the house late afternoon on a Thurs. intending to move right in. The guys had been in that day to lay the ceramic tile with no grout. There was yellow caution tape all over the place where the tile was. We had no bathroom facilities. So, we had to call around to find a motel that would take the dog. We did find one in the next town, Englewood. But, they were not taking reservations because of the displaced people from hurricane Charley and the work crews who were helping with the cleanup. It was on a first come first serve basis. DH explained our situation and the desk clerk said that there were 2 rooms available and if we got there before they were taken, we could have 1 of them. So, we rushed out, found the motel, and snagged a room where we spent a couple of days. It wasn't the cleanest room in captivity, but at that point beggers couldn't be choosers.

Anyway, we're here and unpacking. It was an experience, and one I do not wish to repeat. ;)

Ann, how did you fare with all the hurricanes? I believe your area got hit by them all. DH & I were glued to the WC when the hurricanes were heading towards FL. We were in the midst of packing when Charley hit and we stopped until we heard from someone. Good luck tomorrow with your appt.

Alice

Lizziepie 10-13-2004 08:52 PM

Alice: In comparison to many others in our park we fared very well. We will have to have a new roof, from Charley, but frances and Jeanne also took a few more shingles. We lost one piece of facia on the front scree porch, and had a small hole in one screen section, as well as one other one which blew in. But that is minor. Many houses in our park were totaled. The residents in a park near us still can't get into their homes because of flooding. It damaged their sewer system and the Bd. of Health won' allow them to move in for at least 4 to 5- weeks later. they have all had to find alternate living.

And you are right - all three went right over our part of Polk Co. It was a unique experience, I hope we don't have to live thru again. We stayed in our house during Charley, but when the next one came - I said never again, and we found a shelter at our church where we could take our dog with us.

It is nice to hear from you and you have certainly had your troubles too. Hope when you get all unpacked that you will be back with us. This board has been very quiet.
Talk to you another day. Ann

Siwaoasis 10-13-2004 11:12 PM

RE:quiet board---I was out of town at our cabin but where is Candice?? She's always here but no word lately.

It was an absolutely perfect 3 days at the cabin for leaf viewing. 69 degrees, sunny skies and gorgeous leaves this year. My parents and a friend were with us and we had a great time.

ALICE--What a time you've had with the weather and all you wanted was to escape cold winters. Hope that things are going better and that you are all settled in by now.

ANN--I'll be thinking of you with your appointment tomorrow. Keep us posted. Thanks for clueing me about how to begin new threads.

Candicej 10-15-2004 06:34 AM

I'm around, I couldn't get this site to work for awhile. Sounds like you all survived the florida weather! (Alice and Lizzie)

I think I got my yeast thing under control...what a time I had, couldn't even sit for very long or even walk! No oven, it's on the blink, we think it just needs a new element in the broiler. I would like a new over but DH says no for now:( So no baking yet! Did do a WW pumpkin pie a few weeks ago.

Lizzie, I will keep you in my prayers....that has to be scarey for you.

Siwa....rainy here and cold. Got the graden all pulled up but still have some outside pants to cut back and bring in.

Siwaoasis 10-15-2004 09:52 AM

CANDICE--We still have not had a freeze. They keep threatening us but it never materializes. I've quit watering the garden cuz I know the end is near. Just picked 5 gorgeous dahlias last nite and there are many more buds that won't become flowers. I can't even dig those up til they freeze. Have 100's of tulips to plant yet. Just can't get myself out there in the dirt. Raining today so I guess I'll just have to put it off for another day.

DH and DS are going to the cabin this weekend to put the boat and dock away for the winter. I have no special plans

Lizziepie 10-15-2004 03:08 PM

Just a quick Hi. Just got the call and the surgery will be on the 26th. Another whole week to wait. But that is the way it goes sometimes. At least that will give me time to make all the calls I need to do, etc.

We are supposed to have some much cooler temperatures here over the weekend. Maybe in the high 50's. Brrr!:D:

Candice: My oven went on the fritz late this summer, and I have wanted a new stove with the glass top, and our stove was about 20yrs. old. So I have my new stove. The oven works like a charm. I love it and the top is so easy to keep clean. Hope you can talk your DH into a new one, since sometimes the repair of the old is more costly that one things. And you still have an old stove. I bet he misses the baking.

Talk to you all later. Ann

Lizziepie 10-19-2004 01:01 PM

Okay !!!!! Where is everyone? I'm on the count-down now. See you later. Ann

Siwaoasis 10-19-2004 08:48 PM

Worked in the garden 4 back breaking hours today planting tulips. First I had to prepare the ground by digging up all the thistles and other weeds that had invaded the space since summer. Then I planted only 120 bulbs this year. Also dug up the dahlias. Nice day for working outside tho--overcast and 50 degrees. I didn't get hot or cold and no sun in my eyes. Supposed to be 60 tomorrow and then 4 days of rain. Lots more garden to cut down so hoping for nicer weather next week. I still have a few things blooming--mums and monk's hoods and even some impatiens next to the house that were able to survive the freeze. Just about time to bring the fish in.

ANN--I'm counting with you and will be thinking good thoughts for you on your day.

Candicej 10-20-2004 08:08 AM

Cleaning day was Monday and I'm pooped and sore of course. Got my pots cut back but they are still in the garage.

DH does not want to purchase a new stove right now so we ordered a new element.. hoping that is what it is..I sure miss my baking! The stove is 28 years old and it is smooth top but badly stanied form years of use (the smooth top is white). I really want a new one but will have to wait I guess.

Did you all get a flu shot? We got them early before all the fuss about the shortage.

DS is doing well in med school and has to decide where he want to do rotations next year, he is thinking Michigan or Ohio. He will be here on November 11th for supper and to sstay all night on his way to a wedding (his old roomate is getting married).

Our other son needs another sinus surgery (his 3rd)..he trying to lose some weight before he has it. He has really bad allergies and asthma along with sleep apnea.

Lizziepie 10-22-2004 07:36 AM

Well, thanks to the Dr. having to go out of town, my surgery date has changed to Nov. 2nd. Good think I elected to vote absentee this year. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Ann

Candicej 10-22-2004 08:17 AM

Bad day today..not sleeping well.......need to fine some kind of med I can tolorate to help with the pain when it gets bad.

Sorry Lizzie about your change in schedule:(