View Poll Results: Do You Wash NEW Clothes Before Wearing Them?
Of Course!!! Other People Have Tried Them On! 3 30.00%
Why? They Are New! They Aren't Dirty! 6 60.00%
Only My Lingerie & Undies 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 05:51 AM   #31  

Jennelle-I always enjoy hearing from you. Since you are in OA, I know that a lot of what you say out loud is what is said in group and you are working through it. As a previous person is OA, I know exactly where you are coming from and value your opinion. Please continue to post here. I know that when I call myself fat, I am putting myself down and shouldn't do it. I have deep issues with myself, I don't know why I have always considered myself fat, ugly, selfish, and unfriendly. I know that I'm not (unfriendly at least), but I always have felt this way about myself, probably steming from having very few friends in elementary school because of being so shy. Anyway, I hope you continue to not only lurk, but post too! I hope that school is going well for you.

Speaking of being OP, I really screwed up last night. I posted what I ate anyway, just to get it out. The pants I have on today are a bit tight, so I know what I need to do and will start today, this minute, this morning, all day and night!

Gayle-I forgot yesterday was a holiday, since we were working, but your package will go out today. Enjoy!

Debbie-Why not post over at the menu board? Maybe we can all help each other if we see what we all are eating and can give advice on what to try and change????? Just an idea, you don't have to if you don't want.

Did I tell you girls that the principal gave me a huge load of clothes? She does this about 3 times a year. She cleans out her closets and gives me the bulk of the clothes. They are all so nice and I really do appreciate what she does for me, even though I complain so much about her. So many blazers, skirts, tops. I had to go out and buy more hangers. My problem is that I never throw anything out, so I have tons of clothes.

Better start thinking about finishing up and going to work. Love to all!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:57 AM   #32  
Carol

Jennelle: You are right. We all have our demons. There are many days I hate myself and call myself fat. I have not decided if that helps or hinders me in my weight loss efforts and maybe that is something I need to discover about myself.

Debbie: WTG you can do this. I like your plan about asking yourself about what you put in your mouth. Is it really the choice you want to make. I think that sounds like a great idea and I am going to try to do the same. Maybe this will help me get back on track. Hope your feeling better today. How did your trip to the doctor go?

Shelley: I wish I had someone to give me a bunch of clothes. I had to go shopping for some clothes over the weekend and it almost made me cry. I got rid of all the "bigger sizes" I had when I lost weight a year ago thinking that would help me from gaining all that weight back, but sad to say it did not. So, I bought a few things and now I want to put that behind me now and start new today. I have tons of "smaller" clothes in my closet and it is time to get back into them!!

Gayle: I hope Allison is doing better today. Kids are very resilient so I am sure she is much better. WTG on your new attitude. Lets do this once and for all!!!

BTW: I don't have gout, but thanks for suggesting it. I got all my test results back yesterday. I don't have gout or reumatoid arthritis. I have osteoarthritis. Basically there is not much they can do for it but treat the inflamation and pain. So now I am on both of those kinds of meds. I should have posted yesterday, but I was depressed about the news that I will probably be disabled for the rest of my life and it will gradually get worse. But today is a new day and I hope a new attitude to live each day to the fullest and try not to dwell on things I can not change. That doesn't mean I won't quit searching for answers on how to get and feel better, but it means that I only have one life and I need to make the most of it.

Doni: You are right also. I need to concentrate on today. One day at a time. If you have extra energy please feel free to come help me clean too!!

Sherry: You work just too darn hard. Are you fully recovered from your last bout of illness? Shouldn't you slow down a bit and take better care of yourself? I worry about you girl!!!

Gotta run and get to work now, but I LOVE YOU ALL so very much.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:53 AM   #33  
Losing it!

Carol, I'm sorry to hear the news. You have every reason on earth to be down and depressed. I am here if you need someone just to talk to. I have a Mayo Clinic self care book here at home, it said Glucosamine supplements are gaining popularity and there is evidence they can be helpful. Just a suggestion.

Shelley, everything you said you don't like about you is just the opposite of what I see! You are thin, pretty, giving, considerate and so friendly!!!!!! It's strange how we tend to view ourselves. Thank you for sending the stuff, let me know how much I owe you.

My post last night probably came off like I was giving a sermon. I want to clarify I wasn't trying to preach to anyone, I was writing down what is working for ME this very day, hour, minute. We are all so different, you need to find what will work for you.

Jennelle, I too understand the poor self image, I still have issues. I had an abusive marriage filled with physical and mental abuse. I was told daily no one else would ever put up with me or love me. He had a few affairs (that I know of), which then led me to believe even more so that I wasn't worth anything. Even though now I see this was coming from a controlling person, it still stays in my core. I am working through my demons and I am starting to see progress and success. When I slip, I feel like I am letting him and my demons control me once again. I am finally realizing, I am worthy and I will fight to do everything in my power to get over those feelings and lead a healthy life.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:28 PM   #34  

Doni it is always nice to see posts from you. I am happy for your morivation and inspriation that you have. Pilates is great for you. Cars are always so expensive to fix and then they seem to break down again.

Shelley congratulate Becky on her new car. You must be so proud of her for being able to save her money so that she has no loan for the car. Congratulations to Mike too. It must be a relief to know that your family income will increase. I am sure that it had to be hard for you to make it on your salary. Gayle said exactly what I thought when I read about how you feel about yourself sometimes. You are good looking, slim wonderful lady. Now with all those new clothes you will look like the coolest couger around. Having said that now Shelley, you need to get rid of some of the other cloths that you don't wear. You do not need to keep them all. It is time for a clean sweep of that wardrobe of yours. If I lived closer I would insist on coming over to help you.

Debbie did you get to see the doctor? I hope that you are feeling better. So you were just closing down your pool Trust me after you have done it a few times it gets really easy. You are fortunate to have had it open this long. We closed ours around september 10th. Your statement on asking yourself if you really want this food or need it.....is it more important to eat this or to lose weight, they are some of the questions I ask myself. It seems to help me with deciding if it is worth eatting. Sometimes it just is more important to me to have a piece of cake but not all the time, and a small slice will give me a taste. Another question I ask myself is does this bite taste as ggod as the first bite, when it doesn't taste as good I stop eatting.

Gayle I am sorry to hear about little Allison. As parents we feel so bad when our babies get hurt. Sometimes even guilty thinking maybe we could have prevented it. When Jason was a year and a half he broke his elbow. I felt so bad because he kept saying he broke his arm but he didn't cry. We didn't take him to the hospital til about 6 hours later. Thanks for sending me the diet info. I remember getting it but that was a few days ago.....lol I will check my mail again and confirm that I got it. I could swear that you forgot to send it but I slightly remember sending a thank you to someone. That might have been you.....lol

Sherry That is so sweet that you thought of me often one evening this weekend. Isn't it funny how we are worlds apart and never met but we are close? You are so special. We only have one car between Larry and I. I guess it is ok because of all the meds that I am on and I am not suppose to drive anyways. I have been using my legs as a means of transportation for years. How do you think I got all that mileage for the year last year? I hope that soon you will get your other car on the road. You are one proud mama, even if you didn't have a son going in the navy youhave a son to be proud of.

Carol are you feeling a bit better today? I know when you are in pain you just wish for it to end sometimes. You get sick of being sick! You don't want to hurt any more and you just want to crawl in a hole. It helps to focus on something good. A good memory or something to come that you know will be fun. You will get through it day by day. I understand what you are going through. Hugs to you.

Jennelle I hope that you continue to post with us. zi enjoy your posts. I hope that you can deal with some of the demons and start to feel better about yourself. All the best to you.

Ok guys, tell me did I miss something... or am I going crazy? What did I post about water problems? I think that maybe Shelley you might of said something first about it. I didn't look back on my posts but I am confused. As far back as I remember, which isn't far....lol I didn't have water problems.....but you never know maybe I did.

We are having about normal temps and loving it. We had such a below normal summer that this is wonderful. Today is only around 70 but the weekend was warmer and sunny. We had a wonderful thanksgiving. Too much food of course but today is a new day. I have control of my eatting so I am not worried about it. We finished most of the venetion plaster in our room. I picked an ochre color so it is very warm. We are building a bigger closet so that is the only walls that are not finished. Has any one tried doing venetion plaster? It is so much fun. It is more work than painting but it is very creative. My walls look like warn leather. It has different texture looks and color. It is just so cool. There must be picks of venetion plaster on the net so that you would understand what it looks like. I am pleased with it.
Larry will be home right away for lunch so I better get going.
Hope that you all have the wind to your back today. Love you all.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:58 PM   #35  

Back for a moment. I just wanted to say I love to come back here and see all the postings this weekend. I couldn't believe that we were in our 3rd page and I hadn't even posted. We are motivated again. I love it.

I know that there was a couple of other things I wanted to post but do you think that I remember? Nope not all.

Gayle I am happy that you can post what you feel. Don't feel bad. I didn't think that you were giving a sermon. Express yourself my girl! Go for it!
Old 10-12-2004, 02:27 PM   #36  
Losing it!

Dee, silly girl, remember, you were cooking Thanksgiving dinner and they shut your water off for the day.
Yes, you did send me a thank you for sending the diet info.
When you guys get done with the bedroom, will you please post a pic if you feel like it? Are you changing the decor also?
Old 10-12-2004, 05:50 PM   #37  

Gayle I am glad that one of us remembered! Your right I am pretty silly! Thanks giving dinner turned out wonderful disspite the water being shut off til 3:30. I will check my email for the diet info you sent me. Thanks for being my memory!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:25 PM   #38  

Gayle-You don't owe me anything! Thanks for reminding Dee about her water. I was beginning to think that I said something about it to the wrong person!

Carol-Mike has osteoarthritis also. He is always in pain. That's one of the reasons that he is on pain killers and is under the care of pain management. Did the dr. say if maybe walking would help?
Old 10-12-2004, 07:59 PM   #39  

Hello

Wow...I just started a new thread a couple of days ago and now it's almost time to start another one. I love it!!!!!!

Shelley,
How would you like to be a teacher with only 13 or 14 kids in your class?! That's how our 4 classes of 1st grade numbers are running (at my main school). Nice huh? I've been meaning to ask you, Are things going better at your school? That was so nice of the Principal to bring you clothes! Wow! lucky you!!

Gayle,
I was in a situation like you during my 1st marriage.He was so cruel and mean.He was always telling me I was fat (I only weighed 120) or that I was ugly! He also called me the "B" word all the time. He gave me stitches twice and I finally got wise and left him! I begged him to be a Father to Chris and visit him but he choose not too. So Wayne has raised him since he was 5...when we got married.He didn't pay child support or ever see Chris. Chris has always called Wayne Dad and Wayne has always said that Chris was "his" from day 1! What a good man Wayne is! Anyway, I left my 1st and moved on with my life. I finally knew all those horrible things weren't true and Wayne helped me realize that a man can be good to you. Just like Steve is to you!!! Aren't we lucky??!!

Carol,
Are you still hurting? My legs and feet hurt all the time. I feel your pain.This medicine she gave me don't work that much. Guess I have to learn to live with it.Sad huh? Guess what? Day 1 staying OP!!!! Did you do good today? Let's see if we can do this one day at a time..ok? Let me know how you did today. BTW: Yes...I'm feeling better...thanks for asking!!

Dee,
I'm so glad that your Thanksgiving dinner turned out good. Your walls sound beautiful! I'm going to look up Venetion plaster tonight on the web. Never heard of it! It sounds awesome! I bet your house is breathtaking!!! How are you feeling today? I got your card & poem yesterday. Thank you!! You're so sweet and I love you!!

Debbie,
I'm so sorry that your hair didn't turn out good. It hurt me to hear you crying. Go back tomorrow and tell her that you paid so much money you want it the way you wanted it!I'm so happy that you went to the Dr. yesterday. I hope the meds get you well soon. Also I hope that your b/p comes down soon. Why are we so much alike???!!! LOL!

Where is everyone else???? Hello to all...Hope you're well and please post soon!!

I want to share something with you that a teacher was passing around today....

Watch Your Thoughts.....They Become Your Words
Watch Your Words......They Become Your Actions
Watch Your Actions......They Become Your Habits
Watch Your Habits......They Become Your Character
What Your Character......It Becomes Your Destiny!!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:52 PM   #40  
Losing it!

Sounds like we could of been married to the same guy Sherry. My X also had a drinking and drug problem. He hasn't seen Elizabeth since the age of 6, which is perfectly ok with all of us. Now since she is older, I have told her bits and pieces when she brings it up. I don't want to share all of it, but yet she needs to know enough so if the occasion should ever arise to see him, she can decide on her own what to do.

I thought of Shelley & Sherry today: When I dropped Allison off at school, I needed to go in and visit with the nurse and teacher about her ankle. I'm not sure, but I think the nurse was examining a little girl for head lice. I guess it's that time of year again. At Allison's school, the children are required to place all hats, jackets, coats in their schoolbag. The princible said it has drastically reduced breakouts of lice.

Deb, I hope your ok. It sounds like you ended up getting a bad hair style???? Please do as sherry suggested and go back by or call the stylist. As a former beauty operater, I know it is so important to keep the lines of communication open with your client. If you have a picture of what you want, that works wonders sometimes to just make sure everyone is on the same wave length.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:33 AM   #41  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning Girls

Hope everyone is OK this morning.

Like Sherry said , my hair is messed up!! She was going to put it back the orginal color then frost it. WELL...it turned out a "do-do" brown with orange highlights!! And yes I cried!! I'm going to another place today and hopefully they can fix it. Talk about depressing!! I'll post this afternoon and tell you my latest color...lol. deb
Old 10-13-2004, 07:44 AM   #42  
Carol

Debbie: I am glad you are going to get your hair fixed. My daughter is a sylist and she goes out of her way to correct or fix any problem that may occur. After all if they don't fix them they would lose their business!!Good luck! How are your feeling? Are you staying OP? Come on girl you can do this, we can do this.. together!!!

Gayle: It sounds like Allison's ankle is doing much better. Ohhh head lice. How we all hate that! Thanks for your suggestions, they are always appreciated. I am already taking Glucosamine supplements twice a day.

Dee: Thanks for your kind words. That means a lot to me coming from someone who has been in as much pain as you have. You are right.. one day at a time and think happy thoughts. I am telling myself it could always be worse, so buck up and make the most of what you have. Thanks.

Okay I was 100% OP yesterday. I can't believe it. It has been so long since I was able to stay OP for even one day. So here we go... Day 2..

Come on gals we can do this!!! Together is always better and it seems like this group is charged up and motivated again!!!

Talk to you later. Have a wonderful OP day.

Sherry: Yes, my feet and ankles (mainly the ankles) are still hurting and it sounds like they will for the rest of my life. The pain pills they gave me help some, but doesn't take all the pain away. I go back to Dr. in 6 weeks and I will be loaded down with questions to see if there is anything else that can be done or if I just have to learn to live with it. I am sorry to hear you are still having problems also. Boy we sure are a pair aren't we!!

Shelley: I didn't know Mike had osteoarthris. I am sorry to hear that. Where is his arthritis the worst? What kind of pain management is he getting? I am not sure if walking will help because the more I walk the worse the ankles hurt. I am going to check on it though. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Carol101; 10-13-2004 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:19 AM   #43  

STOP!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #9...........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!
Closed Thread