3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Stay At Home Moms #268 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/47663-stay-home-moms-268-a.html)

mompen 10-07-2004 07:58 AM

Stay At Home Moms #268

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

mamawithdreams 10-07-2004 08:10 AM

Happy Thursday

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Good morning ladies. I hope everyone had a great night. Andrew only woke up once so my night was great. Another day staying home, but I'll get more done today then I did yesterday. Got some laundry to tend to, need to sweep the kitchen and I'm sure I can find more.
This research I've been doing is on building a money making website. Me and my MIL are going to a seminar next Monday night to learn more about it. I've been researching and already know alot I think, but this company will be my webhoster and they help you every step of the way and tell you the secrets and such of making a successful website. I'm gonna have one focused on Moms, of course. I'll share it with y'all when it's done.
I talked to my sister and she has to buy groceries today which is a 4 hour task for her and afterwards she thinks she may start squatting, it brings on the contractions hard and strong and really helps you progress. If she starts that she's bound to have it by tomorrow or Saturday if not before. I'll keep you all informed.

Deana, hope you have fun at scouts.

Spryng, hope you had a good night.

Michelle, hope those miagraines go away.

Penny, how are you?

Mel, hope you got a good nights sleep.

Jill, how was class?

Hi Geri, hope it gets better each time you have to wake the kids. Have a good day at work.

Chris, hope Nicole is better.

Hi Jessica, Amy and Amy and all you other sahm's out there.

I'll check in later. I'm waiting on my welcome letter from my webhoster so I can get started. TTYL

mompen 10-07-2004 08:31 AM

Mel,
Girlie I know how you feel! We are both so sore! But you know that means... we were both very out of shape...lol Our bodies are letting us know. I am glad you are liking your new class! Did you tell that lady to slow down!!!!

Chris,
Poor Nicole. Does she has a stomach virus now?? I am sending some GET WELL THOUGHTS her way :)

Kristen,
It sounds like you are PUMPED UP ;) Congrats on the water and exercise! I have found that since I have been exercising I have had sooo much more energy! It's great :) How is Sydney?

Spryng,
I am gonna check out that site. I think my body fat percentage is like 40% OUCH! But I knew better than yours being 31%. Congrats on the exercise!

Melinda,
Congrats :cheer: to you! You are doing so awesome!

Chris,
It sounds like you had alot planned yesterday! Did you get your scrapbooking done? Congrats on getting the counters done! I better you feel better to have it organized.

Jill,
You have a four hour class? Ouch! How many times did you have to potty during class last night :lol: I am here for you girlie :) I hope you have a great day today :)

Angel,
Hope you have a great day today :) I do teach catechism at our church to Kindergardeners :) I love it :) I have 9 students now.

Geri,
It sounds like you have a full schedule!!! I wouldn't have time for exercise either. How are you liking the new job? Hope you get in your exercise this morning :)

Deana,
Your day sounded like mine yesterday! We are burning all those calories running around. Hope you have a great time at Scouts tonight.

Michelle,
I am excited for you to start school! Pretty cool. You might as well stop sleeping...lol You don't have time for it.. ;) English 101 wasn't too bad. I have to take 102 next and it is alot of papers to write. When do you have to work again?

Crystal,
Hope you are having a great day! Can't wait for the next dr.'s appt!

Yesterday's qotd: Teacher :D

My qotd from yesterday: What is your usual attire everyday? Mine is a striped or solid shirt with capri's and flipflops...... lol

A friend saw me the other day and made a comment about me always wearing the same time of clothes.... :lol: Just in a different color.

Well I got my 2 miles in yesterday and 66 oz of water YAH! I got my whole file cabinet cleaned out and reorganized... I shredded all of our old bills.....lol Who needs a light bill from 2000? lol I brought the kids to the park. It felt good to get back there :)

Well Have a Wonderful DAY! I am gonna get this house up and out the door :)

mompen 10-07-2004 08:34 AM

Crystal,
Pretty neat about the site! Yes, please keep us informed about your sister :)
Have a great day

chrily 10-07-2004 08:53 AM

Morning...
I wish I were a coffee drinker. I'm too tired. Nicole woke up at 5 this morning and has alot of pent up energy. There was no going back to sleep for this mom. I tried though. I thought I could get her to watch cartoons quietly while I closed my eyes a bit...that definitely wasn't her plan.

QOTD from yesterday: I were jeans, t-shirts and my nikes. I'm a no-frills kind of girl.

Well I did get one page done on my scrapbook yesterday. Finally! I'd been working on a page for Tiana's basketball experience earlier this year and have finally finished, except for the journaling. It's not how I really wanted it to be, but its okay.

Michelle-question for you....Did I just read that you're going to go to school too? Holy cow, girl ! When are you going to squeeze in time for sleep.

Guess I better get my buns outta here. It's my day to go to work. Yeah (a little fake enthusiasm..) I did make a lunch last night to take with me so I won't be tempted by fast-food today. That is my mini-goal for the week...no fast-food. So far so good!

TTFN
~Chris

melmcc99 10-07-2004 10:12 AM

Hi all, mrs. sore here...lol

Penny, you are so right. We are out of shape, or at least I know I am. That's why I want to hire the PTrainer. It will force me to get in shape. I need that good swift kick. I'm doing OK on my own, but the trainer will make it even better.

Chris, I don't drink coffee either, so that is why it takes me forever to get moving in the morning.

Crystal, sounds like a cool idea the website, I mean. 4 hours of shopping that pregnant may bring on the contractions all on it's own. Being it's her 8th right, it should go fast anyway. Anyway, bugga was up at 1030, 1230, 300 and then at 630 for the day. I hope his ears aren't bothering him. He said one was itchy, so ya never know. I'll see what happens tongiht. He's been a little on the cranky side this morning. I looked in his ear with an otoscope, he does have a ton of the sticky wax. It's like honey in his ear. Sometimes the doctor has to use a devise and scrape it out. poor little guy. But if the doctor doesn't clean some out, not all, then he can't see the ear drum. He doesn't remove it all, cause it protects the ear of course. But he tends to get all gloppy in there and that may drive him crazy on it's own.

Anyway, dh is due home today. I am too sore to exercise for the first time in 2 weeks. I may try to do it later though, or at least get some in. Have a good day all. ttyl

spryng 10-07-2004 10:17 AM

Good morning all!

Well, Tanner is back to his old schedule, lol... he was up at 8 am, but that is ok. But I am sooooo sore today too! My calves especially! Ouch! When I first got out of bed I couldn't even walk!! They are better now but still hurt. O-well, at least I know they got a good workout, lol.
Dinner tonight will be leftovers and nothing really on my agenda today. I'll vaccuum the living room sometime today and work on more laundry. That is it.

QOTD (from yesterday) I wear a variety of stuff. I love to get dressed, lol. My run around the house attire is jeans or shorts and cute shirts. And when I have to go to town I wear my more flattering jeans and favorite tops (I think we all have those "skinny" outfits we like to wear because it makes us look thinner, lol)

Chris, I would be dead too if my kids got up at 5 am. Maybe you can get a nap in sometime today! I think your mini goal is a great one! Have fun at work!

Penny, yeah that site makes it much easier to calculate your bf% then the other site too, not as many measurements. Sounds like your day yesterday was productive!

Crystal, that web site sounds interesting. Anything to bring in extra income is really nice, I hope it works out for you. So any more news on when you get to start building? ok, explain to me what this "squatting" is all about. I've never heard of it. I always took blue cohosh to help bring on labor, has she ever tried that?

MIchelle, I hope your migraine is gone! So what are you going back to school for? I hope to do that someday too. I worry about you though, taking on too much at one time, you are only one woman you know, lol. Ok I know I know, you are super woman!! ;) :p

Well what does everyone have planned for today and what is for dinner tonight?
Guess I better get off here. TTYL!

spryng 10-07-2004 10:19 AM

Mel you snuck in on me! Tanner has ear wax like that too, he produces it like crazy but he's never had an ear infection so I guess his ears are used to it. So glad your dh will be home! Mine comes in this upcoming tuesday. And your muscles need a day to rest it sounds like, maybe you can just get in some stretching today.

Deana1113 10-07-2004 10:55 AM

Good Morning Gals!!!

I crashed so hard last night. As soon as I hit the pillow it was off to La La Land. Today I am working on my poster board chart for scouts and getting everything ready for today. Should be interesting. I have 2 boys that are going to give me a run for my money but today is going to be letting them know what kinds of things we will be doing this year and what I expect from them. I get this sinking feeling that I'm going to have to have a few child-parent-leader conferences....uuuughhhhhh.

QOTD from yesterday: I usually wear sweat pants, shorts or stretchy slacks and either a t-shirt or blouse and sandals until sometime in November but my tennies to excercise (which I need a new pair of).

Dh called last night to tell me he was working Fri and Sat nights, which is fine because he took Sun off voluntarily. Fri is automatic 1 1/2 and Sat is double time so he really increased what he'll birng home next week. And then he proceeded to tell me I can go get the swing I want from Walmart. YEAH!!! I have wanted one all summer and they ran out by the time I had the money saved on my own to get it. Well wouldn't you know it, we were there last week and they had one outside and it was marked down on clearance, $32 cheaper. Then I didn't have the money anymore. So he said I can go ahead and transfer money from savings and put it back on payday. This swing is the one that lays down into a hammock and has a canopy over it.....then he has to lay a block section in the front yard for me to put it on....hehehe. I am soooo excited.

Spryng: I'm with you on the sore calves today, but I must push myself to go 2 miles again today.

Mel: Glad dh is coming home today. Will he be home for a while now? Take a day of rest girl, you deserve it. You have been pushing really hard lately. :bravo:

Chris: Have a good day at work. WTG ont he scrapbooking. I wish I had time for that but..........

Crystal: Hope the squatting helps your sis. Let us know when the baby gets here. Have a great day.

Penny: Feel that burn baby. Calories going bye bye :D . Wtg on the water, excercise and shredding yesterday. Have a great day.

To everyone else out there :wave: Hope you are doing great OP and getting in the excercise. If you are MIA, let us know you are still out there somewhere.

Best get back to making my chart.

TTYL

mompen 10-07-2004 12:12 PM

Hi Ladies...

I am pooped already...lol

I cleaned my frig.... NO I mean REALLY cleaned my fridge. I took out all the food, took off all the glass shelves, took them off the frames, took out all the bars in the door... HOW GROSS!!!!!!!

No body would be my friend again if you saw how horrible it was.....lol

But now it is all nice and white and pretty ;)

Mel,
Girl, I am just so proud of you. Glad hubby is coming back home! Send me a cute personal trainer over here too! ;)

Spryng,
I want some of those cute clothes... Heck, I wanna be skinny too...lol How are the kittens doing?

Deana,
Let us know how the Scout Meeting goes tonight!

Ok Chris,,, I forgot.... Where the heck are you working? Hope you have a good day!

Well I am gonna get off here and get something done.

The last two days I have stayed off here and really got some stuff done around here...

My hubby says ALL YOU DO IS CLEAN!!!!!

melmcc99 10-07-2004 01:03 PM

Penny, maybe the PT is cute to some guy, but she's just an average girl to me...lol.

QOTD: I wear jeans and a shirt. Nothing great ! Just simple. SNEAKERS. On my feet so much I can't wear much but my sneakers.

meltin 10-07-2004 01:03 PM

I had to go into the office to train the person that will be working the days that I am not. 9-12, I feel as if I worked a whole day. JW is sleeping and I would love a nap but so much to do.

Angel - I know who you are talking about on the travel channel. I think that would be an awesome job, but being away from your family all the time wouldn't be much fun.

Does anyone watch WifeSwap? The couple on there live in Charleston and the guys brother goes to church with us.

Geri - 530 UGh! You go with the workouts. I give myself the day off when I am working. I figure 5/7 is not too bad. I think I will try Yoga tonight.

Deanna - How many chicks are you raising? My mom did that as one of her hobbies one time, but it got to be too much work.

Penny - Way to go! I really need to clean mine. How often does flylady say to clean it?

Well, I bought yet another Diet Book, Dr. Ann's 10 steps to weight loss. She did make an interesting note the diet drinks make us more hungry bc of the sugary substitute. I had never heard that one. I will have to get the 10 steps for everyone. Pretty much like all the rest of the diet books I have on my shelf.

Have a Happy Thursday!

mamawithdreams 10-07-2004 01:34 PM

Hi all. Checking in while I'm waiting for Andrew to wake up from his nap so I can make some lunch. He took an early nap which means I won't get one, but that's okay. Been having trouble napping ever since I started sleeping alittle better.

Yesterday's QOTD: I hardly ever dress up even to go to town. I always look so sloppy. I wear big shirts and shorts and go barefoot almost all the time. I try to make my hair acceptable. I have that perfect look for the housewife attire, lol.

Spryng, I can't believe you never heard of squatting since you used a midwife. When you start to have a contraction, if you squat, holding onto something for balance, keep your back straight you can feel the contraction actually get harder and it does hurt worse, but what it's doing is allowing gravity to do it's job, it's helping you dialate and open up and helps to push the baby down. It really does hurt, but can help ALOT. Sis went grocery shopping and didn't have one single contraction, go figure.

Well, guess what...we close on our house loan next Tuesday. I mean, for real, next week we close and get to start. It's really happening. I don't know what to say. Anyways, I've got some work to do on this website stuff, I'll talk to ya later.

meltin 10-07-2004 01:39 PM

QOTD: Basic fitted t-shirt, I still do the fitted even though I am bigger bc I feel the big ones make me look frumpy. Navy, khaki, etc shorts or pants and Dansko sandals and clogs. Pretty boring but I do have all the colors in shirts, slacks, and shoes. I do get dressed for work though.

Spryng - When I am done to your size, I am going to have a heyday in my closet and get dressed up everyday. It is so much more fun to dress when you are thin. You go girl!

spryng 10-07-2004 02:55 PM

Hello again!
I just got done with my lunch. I have found that if I try to eat when the kids do Tanner will think my plate is more appetizing than his own and he's constantly in it, lol. So today I waited until they all went down for a nap to make my lunch and boy was I starving! I had a leftover cube steak with a slice of ff swiss melted on it, some ff cottage cheese, and I tried a new thing with some couscous. I cooked it in 1/2 chicken broth and 1/2 tomato soup! And boy was it tasty!!! So that was my lunch. I couldn't finish it all because it was all very filling (and I put it on a child's plate) so that is good.
I got another square of my blanket done, 8 down so many more to go, lol. I'm so tired of this pattern already, lol. But it will be sooo cute when I get it done.

Melinda, I was dressing up before I lost weight, lol. And you are doing the right thing by wearing more fitted shirts now because buying a size or two larger than what you are to "hide" your flaws actually make you look bigger and isn't hiding anything but drawing attention to it, so good for you! My MIL (who is 360 lbs) wears a size 3X shirt but she will buy a 4-5X thinking it will make her look smaller because it will hide more, which it does the opposite. So what kind of diet is that book?? Low fat or low carb? Are you going to try it?

Crystal, let me tell you , I feel like I was ripped off with my midwife. Now don't get me wrong, she was wonderful and very caring but she wasn't the type of midwife I wanted. I wanted one that endorsed natural childbirth and encouraged you to go on your own, instead mine was ready to induce me even before I hit my due date. I also feel like since I was already having minor contractions the day I went in to be induced that just breaking my water should have been enough to get me going on my own instead she hooked me up to that dreaded IV and pitocin. So I don't regret Tanner's birth at all but next time (if there is a next time) I will use a different midwife. So no, I hadn't hear about squatting. But let me know when she does it and how it goes! Does she try the herbs too? So excited about your closing date!!! When will the building begin?? Is coming into winter going to cause problems with building your house?? Let's call up that group of people that built that 3 story home on extreme makeover home edition in 6 days to come build your house so that you can move in before the baby arrives ok?! lol.

Penny, the kittens are doing great. Chicken is still very much a chicken and only comes out of hiding when the kids go to bed, she is fine around me but not them. And Sarah is so friendly and my dd is so in love with her. She just holds her constantly and sings to her and plays with her and when I see Sarah squirming like she needs to go to the bathroom I'll tell Ava and she will carry her to the litter box and encourage her to go, lol... I think it's been great for my dd. Great job on cleaning your fridge! Have you been keeping up with zones on flylady? I haven't done her correctly in weeks now, I need to start that up again. My house isn't falling apart but I did enjoy the routine of it all.

Deana, that swing sounds nice! So glad you get to go get it! Now just hope it is still there, lol. We waited a week to buy a new grill once and when we got there they were all gone and since the season was over they wouldn't have anymore until the following year. So get over there ASAP! lol.

Ok, I think I will check the core boards really quick and then grab a nap. TTYL!