Old 12-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #91  

Wait for me I'm coming too!!! 5lbs by xmas! I'm in I still haven't gained or lost anything since my last weigh in.. amazingly. I didn't weigh myself last week well cause I just don't weigh myself during our "special" time Not much point in it it's just frustrating to see water gain.

I wont be going to the gym today or tomorrow though. But I'll be going for physical therapy tomorrow for my back. My eating is ok.. not great not horrible. I still -always- cook very healthy... I just uh, still have snacks

Anyway, busy day today I gotta go clean up and have a shower and stuff so I can leave to go xmas shopping. I hope you ladies are doing well!

Chris
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:53 AM   #92  

Height: 6'1

Well.. another week almost over. I've been good about exercising but my eating hasn't been the best. I'm eating healthy stuff for the most part, but after i finish my plate, i pick at the leftovers while cleaning up the kitchen. I should have just had seconds by the time i'm done. GRRR!!! Other than that, things are going ok. My clothes are looser so thats good.. don't really want to weigh in next week... Chris is right.. its always dissappointing during our "special time". :d Well, i hope you gals are during good. Talk to you later!
~Steph
Athena0067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 09:27 AM   #93  

Ok, ladies I am going backwards, since I have been back from vacation I have gained 2 lbs. That's not including what I gained while on vacation. I just can't seem to keep my mind off of food.
I have been eating and eating. I think about watching what I eat, an hour later I'm eating everything in sight. I just don't know what to do!!
I have to go now, I have 2 X-mas party's at the school to go to.
I have one at 10-11 AM then one from 1-3PM. Kind of ruins your whole day.
I have so much wrapping to do this weekend, besides everything else.
I am going loony. Have a great weekend everyone!!
Amy
overweightlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 11:09 AM   #94  

Hey there,
I know the feeling.. I think its all the holiday stress. I skipped my class last night and ate horribly. I have xmas parties all weekend and sooooo much stuff left to do! i need time off!! oh well, who needs sleep right? I'm so happy its friday, but i have so much to do, it'll be like work!! Oh well... at least i can sleep in a little bit
Have a a wonderful weekend!!
Steph
Old 12-21-2004, 10:55 AM   #95  

Anyone out there?????
Old 01-03-2005, 08:38 AM   #96  

Well, I guess everyone was just as busy the last 2 weeks as I was!!!
I hope you all had a good New Year. Ok, it is the new year let's get busy.
I am going to look at some of the new threads and see was everyone has to say. Maybe we could join another, this one seems to be just the 2 of us.
I will email and let you know if I find a decent one. Or else, we can just gab back and forth.
Today is the day.....
My hubby got me a Dr. Phil calender for X-mas and there is a quote for every day.
"You must be willing to reach for what you want and to reach right now"
This is from his Ultimate Weight Solution Calender.
I love Dr. Phil. You probably don't get the chance to watch him do you?
This week he has another weight loss challenge scheduled, if you can see if you can tape it?
I will check back later today!!!
Amy
Old 01-03-2005, 11:33 AM   #97  

Hey Amy
Old 01-03-2005, 12:01 PM   #98  

Oops, somehow i hit the post button! Anyways, hope you has a wonderful xmas and new years! My xmas was wonderful, my boyfriend proposed! YAY!! All of our families and friends are as excited as we are. It was great, Still is! My new year wasn't so good. He got sick thursday, i got sick on friday so we spent the new years coughing and drinking thera flu and green tea! So i haven't done anything in the past week. Oh well! Today i woke up feeling quite a bit better so hopefully i'll be back to normal by the end of the week.
I've never watched or listened to Dr Phil. I'll try to find out when he's on and tape a few episodes. Let me know what the challenge is! Sounds interesting!
Let me know what you find in the threads! I don't mind here or somewhere else.
Talk to you soon!
Steph
Old 01-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #99  

Steph, You have heard of Dr. Phil though, right?
Ok, this will be a book.
He has a book out called The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution.
It gives you The 7 keys to Permanent Weight Loss
I personally bought the book, read it and also bought his book on CD.
I listen to it when I walk on the treadmill (which I have not done in about a month)
Last year on his show he introduced this book and had a weight loss challenge , I think for about maybe 16 people, that number might be wrong.
Everyone got this book and followed his keys and loss weight. It is all about eating right and exercising. He would have these people on his show every couple of weeks and see their progress. It was awesome.
This one guy lost something like 120 lbs. There was men and women.
He also has a cookbook and some other type of book to go with them
Can you not tell I love Dr. Phil.
My girlfriend got me his Ultimate Weight Loss T-shirt and coffee mug.
Go on to his web site Dr.phil.com
the guy makes alot of sense in his book, my husband even enjoys watching his show.
Here are his 7 keys: Key 1:Right Thinking (Unlock the Door to self-control)
Key 2: Healing Feelings ( Unlock the Door to Emotional Control)
Key 3: A No-Fail Environment (Unlock the door to external control)
Key 4: Mastery over food and Impulse eating (unlcok the door to habit control)
Key 5: High-Response Cost, High-Yield Nutrition (Unlock the Door to Food Control)
Key 6: Intentional Exercise (Unlock the Door to body control)
Key 7: Your Circle of Support (Unlock the door to social control)
I tell ya Steph, that book is what helped me in the fall when I was losing, then I lost control after my cruise.
I have now gained about 8 lbs. back in just 5 weeks.
I am back to doing the treadmill and listening to his CD's this week.
Just give it a try. I think tomorrow is his new challenge on TV, then you will understand what the heck I am talking about.
Go and buy the book or Cd and try it.
I sound like a walking saleswoman for Dr. Phil.
Talk to you later,
Amy
Old 01-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #100  

wow... i feel informed! I have heard of him and my coworkers swear by him. i'll have to check out his site today! Sounds like a good plan! It's time to get back into the swing of things now that the holidays are over. i did some floor exercises last night and i'm tight today! not a good sign!
I just signed up for the 8 week body challenge from the discovery channel/dicovery.com. Its pretty neat.
Well i'm sorry this is so short but i have a million things to get done this morning. I'll try to jump back on later & i'll check out Dr Phil's site. Thanks for all the info!!!
Steph
Old 01-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #101  

Oh, Steph!!! I was doing so good up until Supper, I over ate and then had to have some chocolate!!!
I weighed in yesterday at 185.00
Do you realize I have gained about 12 lbs since before my vacation!!!!
I am so mad at myself!!
I will check back at you tomorrow!!
Amy
Old 01-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #102  

oh good lord i know how you feel. The five pounds i lost are right back on plus some. I need to realize that lunch the next day is better than going back for seconds that night. I did it again last night. I don't feel full so i don't stop. I'm driving myself crazy! I've tried eating slow, fast, courses, you name it. Doesn't help. Grrr.. I have a goal of 5-10 pounds off my weight now by Valentines. That should be plenty of time. My fiance and i had a looong talk last night about diet and exercise and he's agreed to the tough love bit of helping me not eat and reminding me to exercise. Hopefully that will get my butt in gear again. We were doing so good for a while. Tonight i'm going to buy my wedding dress. I tried it on last summer when my girlfriend was shoppingand i really hope it still fits... they don't make it in a bigger size!! and its being discontinued so hopefully i'll have to have it taken in by the time we get marrried. ****, right now i just want to be able to zip it up.

I had a new idea for myself on exercising. I think i need to make a plan of what i'm going to do that evening so i can get ready for it. Maybe that way i'll actually do it consistently. Tonight i'm doing 30 crunches, 30 squats/lunges, and 30 puch ups. Then at least 20 minutes on my walker.

Well, now that i've rambled. Hope you have a better day and remember, WE CAN DO THIS!!!! The battle of the bulge will not win!!!
Steph
Old 01-06-2005, 04:08 PM   #103  

I keep forgetting to tell you
CONGRATULATIONS
I have been to caught up in my weight gain I forgot!!
So when is the date? How did he proprose?
You can get that dress, I have confidence!!

Ok, so far so good today!! I am even feeling good about this.
I think I might even do that treadmill thing later!!I told my hubby the same thing last night, (just be tough and mean with me).
It seems like the only thing can help.
Dr. Phil's quote of the day
"In order for you to overcome your weight challenges, you have to first know exactly where you are starting"
Boy, is that not true!!!
Oh, and YES WE CAN!!!!!
Amy
Old 01-07-2005, 11:46 AM   #104  

WAA HOOO!!! The dress still fits!!! I still have to special order it because i'm so tall i need the extra long version.. but it fits!! I think if i lose about 10 pounds or more it'll be too big. I don't care.. hopefully i'll have to take it in a lot!
Thanks for the congrats!! We're looking at this fall, either October 8th or November 12th (Depends on which recpetion place we like ) He proposed xmas eve after we exchange gifts alone. He gave me a last gift when we were done in a hugge box and about 6 layers later i found a ring box

i didn't do my exercises last night because my mom and i spent way too long at the bridal store. I didn't get home til 1030 and i just went to bed. But i'm doing them tonight and Satuday!!! Sunday i'll rest.
I'm picking up Dr Phils book today! Next week i'm starting fresh. (Again)
No more fast food unless its the healthy section, Back to my tues and thurs class, exercise at home on my off days. I need to get back into the whole weightloss attitude. '
Have a wonderful day!!
Steph
Old 01-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #105  

That is excellent!! I am so excited for you!!
Ok, exactly how tall are you? I am only 5'1". Quite short, my hubby is 1 ft taller. My 6 yr old is also catching up to me.
Now you have something to look forward to and maybe we can do this together!!
I swear that when I knew I was going to be in a bathing suit for our vacation, that is what gave me the motivation.
Where are you going for your honeymoon? I was a travel agent for 8 years before I had my kids. I use to travel quite a bit.
I also have been meaning to ask you, What do you do for a living?
We have talked and I am been curious for awhile. You know me, I sit and home and take car of kids!!
Mu hubby and I are celebrating our 10 yr anniv. this June 3.
I want to go someplace but am not sure where. We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon, ever since 911 he will not fly (I think he is nuts but.....)
So we will probably drive to Chicago. I want to go to Vegas.
I have had an ok weekend, I guess I will find out Tues. morning!!
Have not exercised though!!
Dr. Phil's Quote
Weight loss doesn't happen; it happens one step at a time
Did you go and get his book, I think I told you I have it on Cd.
I absolutely love it!!
Everything he talks about is just common sense.
Chat with you tomorrow!!
Amy