Old 02-02-2005, 12:28 PM   #151  

hello everyone,,,,,, l did terrible l gain a pound and half...... after refusing so many goodies l was disapointed........ l 'm at my wits end here. l'm heavier than when l start this.... l was truely hoping l could get on the right track........really down to-day..
bigmommajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #152  

Height: 6'1

Morning!
Well i did weigh in and i lost a pound. I feel like more than that but at least something registered as a loss. Congrats on meeting your goal amy!!! I'm sure you'll meet the next one in March!!
I have 4 of 7 pounds left for my goal! Time to get serious! I've been coasting along for a few weeks now not really trying like i should be. But thats over now! I'm going to measure tonight and see how i'm doing that way too. I've missed my class all week, but i've done an hour+ a night of serious gardening.. i'm more sore than when i work out!! Tonight i'll walk and do some floor stuff.
Jo- you have to keep at it. i bounce around alot too... What are you doing for exercise? Maybe an add an extra walk for the dog? Every little bit helps! Good job on passing up the goodies! You'll get there!
well ladies, hope you all have a good day!!!
Steph
Athena0067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:23 AM   #153  
Scootin' On Down The Road

Hey ya'll.

I'm a relative newbie here. I started reading your thread and thought . o O (Wow.. this sounds like a great bunch of girls...) I read a bit more and got even more excited.. until I realized that I was reading the first few of many pages. :P Is it too late for another new person to poke her nose in and join up?

I'm 34 and starting over *again*. This time around I've decided not to do a 'diet'. Every diet I've ever been on I've failed at. I'm just trying to eat healthier, and eat smaller portions.

I have to be up every morning at 5:30 to get the kids ready for the bus, and have been walking after they leave (at 6:00). The last two weeks have been rainy though, so I've missed out.

Anyway, this is me. I'd love to hop on board if it's okay.

Lei
Tanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #154  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Lei,
There are many wonderful women on this forum. Look around and read some of the posts that have common interests or problems (?) with you. I post at Housewives losing weight...but there are many others. Don't let one limit you either! You can be all over the board. We keep each other going! Good luck to you!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #155  
Scootin' On Down The Road

Thanks Roxy,

I appreciate the welcome. I was wondering about the thread hopping.
I'm a SAHM for all intents and purposes. I only work about 12 hours a week while the kids are at school. And up until the last 3 years I stayed home all the time.

Nice to hear from you!

Lei
Tanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #156  

Good morning & Welcome!! The more the merrier!! Lei- you've got the right idea! Diets never worked for me either!! But the change of lifestyle has been great! Hope you stick around!!
Well its been another pretty good week! And now its the weekend!!! YAY Our wonderful weather has gone away, i drove to work in the pouring rain! I think its time for the weekend mall walking Exercise and shopping!! WOO HOO!!!
I'm so proud of myself! We went to a catering tasting at one of Seattle's finer seafood restaurants and i had such awesome restraint!! I picked my way through the massive amout of food and only had a small plate!! They had 6 different buffets! I only had what i really wanted to try and left the rest for Luke to ear :P I did have 2 chocolate strawberries... but they were well deserved!!
Anyone have anything planned for the weekend? If it stops raining, i should be able to finish my front garden. Cross your fingers for me!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Steph
Old 02-04-2005, 03:01 PM   #157  

thanks steph for encouragement. l have been under so much stress . my youngest son 28 had three ribs removed this week. so he is in a lot of pain....... thank goodness for the computer it keeps me away from food........ as far as walking goes l am limited l am having knee replacement in June l had one done last march....... so l also have a lot of pain l do love going fishing though and get a lot of exercise there,welcome Lei........keep coming back.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:55 AM   #158  

yaaaaaaaaa finally l lost three and half pounds. hope it keeps coming off.much better week weight wise. any how son is coming along slow but sure........hope you all had great thin week your weight friend Jo
Old 02-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #159  

Hello ladies, sorry I have been gone so long, I have been so busy.
Welcome Lei, we love talking to newbies.
I did great up until that darn Football party yesterday!!
Actually I didn't overeat too much, but I am not feeling good about it. I guess we will see tomorrow morning!!
I ate a whole cup or more of salted peanuts and about 1/2 candy bar.
I have even been exercising every day!!!
Wish me luck!!
Amy
overweightlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:18 AM   #160  

Morning all! How is everyone? I'm doing pretty good. I had a great on plan weekend! No fast food, no fried food. WOO HOO! even at the super bowl party i only had 1 slice of pizza (no cheese!)! I filled up on veggies and wheat crackers.

I worked in my yard allllllll day saturday. I was so sore on sunday so i didn't exercise... plus it rained and rained and rained some more. Yesterday i made enchiladas with half the beef i'd normally use and filled the rest in with onions, peppers, zuchinni, mushrooms and whatever else i could find in my fridge! Luke actually liked them better since they had more flavor with all the veggies! As long as he doesn't know what he's eating, its good! He is SOOO anti-veggies. Its hard to cook healthy for both of us so i just started throwing things in when they'll be covered up with sauce!! :LOL:
I finally found someone to walk with on my lunches. So we start today!
I'm not sure if i'll go to my class tonight, my knee has been bothering me since saturday... but if not i'll do my pilates tape at home.

How'd your weigh in go amy?? Hopefully well!! i'm nervous about mine for tomorrow!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
Steph
Old 02-10-2005, 12:02 PM   #161  

I have not been doing good at all!!
I weighed in on Tuesday and weighed the same, that just irked me, so for the last two days I have been gorging myself. I know that is not what you are supoose to do, but I was so mad at myself. I probably have now gained 5lbs.
I am not going to get on the scale though.
I don't know what my problem is.
But, today I seem to be back on track, so we will see!!
How was your weigh in Steph?
Good Luck!!
Amy
Old 02-11-2005, 10:34 AM   #162  

welcome Rosey.... nice you came on forum we all need surport and we will be glad to be there for you.... we are in this battle together we will win.......... hang in there pal....
Old 02-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #163  

Well.. i think i'm stuck. I am the same as last week. I know i've lost something.. my clothes are loser but my scale isn't likeing me! I've been soooooo good its scary! Maybe next week i'll see a loss. oh well. Whats everyone up to this weekend? I found a gym i'm going to go test out. Its on my way home from work I have a hard time leaving again once i'm home.. but i think if i can stop on the way... it'll go much better. Its month to month YAY!!! and all women, which is a little more comforting! I think it'l be good.
Anyways.. hope you all are doing well.
talk to ya soon!
Steph
Old 02-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #164  

Ok ladies, I feel like I am in a rut. I have been eating for a week now.
Anything that comes in sight I eat!! Then I don't know why I can't seem to come on here and tell you, Sorry!!!!!
I am still going to weigh in tomorrow and I will be on here every day.
If I am not, you all can yell at me!!!
Tomorrow is a new day!!!
Dr Phill's quote of the day
"It's up to you to recognize which food choices support your goals and which do not"
Is that not the truth?
Talk to you all tomorrow, with my weight gain!!!
Amy
Old 02-16-2005, 12:00 PM   #165  

HI Ladies,
Sorry i've missed so many days! Works been crazy!!! I think i can finally breath today!
Where are you AMY!!!!! hehe.. had to yell per your instructions!! You'll get back on track! Dr Phil is right on that quote!! Now all we need is the willpower to resist! I think i've started treating this website as a confessional it helps me realize what i'm doing wrong!

I haven't weighed in yet this week. Its that special time :LOL: I've been doing pretty good. I've had a few bad moments but nothing to horrible. I started a new class yesterday...Body pump.. Oh lordy it hurts so good! I'm sore today!!
Talk to you all soon!! Hang in there!! Its a new day to prove WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
Steph