Weekly TG Chat - Oct 4 thru Oct 10

• Hmmmm ... how strange is this? I posted a new thread earlier this morning and it isn't here ... oh well .. here we go again. First of all ... don't forget to go back and check the posts on the last thread.

Good moring! Got the coffee on so come on in and chat a bit .. we'll have us a coffee clutch. Everyone is welcome - the more the merrier! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We are now at our "other home" downstate. Hubby is leaving in the morning for his PA trip and I plan to start packing up more stuff. The mice have been having a holiday since the house is empty .. I think they think they have found themselves a great Condo! Eeeeeu ... what a mess!

Today (in one hour exactly) I am getting my hair done ... it is in much need of trimming .. It is very long but I am going to have a little bit cut off and have it cut back into layers. I have been keeping it all one lengh basicly cuz it pulls the curls out but it is so thick and heavy ... so time for some thinning out and hello ... here comes the curls back! lol

Well .. hope to hear from everyone ... let's do a lot of chatting this week .. ok?

Later..
    Love, CJ
  • Hellooooooooooo .... where is everyone? It's lonely in here ... there's this strange echo - echo - echo - echooooooo

Anyway, just popping in real quick here .. hubby is on his way to PA so I am truly all alone. I already have 2 kitchen cubbards emptied out - one more to go (food cubbards) and then on to the rest of the dishes. Trash day is tomorrow so I have to get all my trash out by tonite ... so just having one more cup of coffee, then to work I go.

Hope everyone's week is going good so far ... I'll check back later .. hopefully someone will post.

Peggy: Just so you know you are in my thoughts and prayers ... You are such a strong person and an inspiration to us here .. we are here for you always. I know you will beat this!

Love, CJ
  • This is so cute - wanted to share!

• Just thought that I would pop in for a quick 'Hello' before I head of to the doc. He got some results from blood work and they did not come back very well, so he wants to discuss with me.

Anyway, going through this and trying to close the sale on the property in Calgary is, to say the least, rather stressful. However, I have just realized that I have stayed OP and don't even have the desire to cheat even a little. It's pretty hard anyway...DH is watching me like a hawk and making sure that I am eating healthy.

Hope everything is going well for y'all. Take care. I'll try to check in later.
  • Hello Ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello. I've been doing well. I went to my parents' house today and the front yard smelled like freshed baked brownies. Well, it turns out that someone told my Dad that cats hate the smell of chocolate and they won't go near it. A little background, the neighborhood cats use my parents' front yard as a litter box and my Dad isn't very happy about it. I don't know where, but my Dad bought some roasted cacao beans and used it all over the front yard. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I guess cats like chocolate as much as the rest of us. So now, I'm craving some chocolate or some homemade brownies. ***Mental Note****STAY AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE!

CJ- I hear you about mice! We had a mice problem...I spent most of the week washing a lot of baby clothes...they got into Nico's drawers and blankets. Not pretty and it stinks! Post a picture of your new hairdo! I'm thinking about getting a "makeover". Just a haircut and *maybe* new haircolor..we'll see.

Peggy- Sorry to hear about your blood results. (((((HUGS)))) to you. At least they "caught" it early enough to get you healthy!

Well ladies, I'm off to bed.

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia
  • Good morning gals ... have been pretty busy all last week getting stuff ready to take up north .. hubby was away in PA - just got home last nite. There is a path to walk thru the kitchen of boxes! Today we put it all in the trailer plus some chairs, a cabinet and buffet. We'll probably come down next month for a few days and clear out the rest of the furniture and stuff.

Peggy: How are you doing? How did your visit with the doc go? It's good they caught all this early ... we just want you to get better and soon!

Slyvia: Well, I got all my mice stuff cleaned up ... all I'm going to leave them in the cubbords this time is decon! CHOCOLATE! funny you should mention chocolate .. as you know, hubby was just in Hershey PA and yes he stopped in the chocolate factory .. he brought me back a cute Boyd's bear and .... a huge chocolate/almond bar and kisses! I'm not going to open them tho as I have gone a whole week OP! How about you?

OK ... off to pour my coffee and get dressed. Got some errand running to do and we have to get this stuff packed up so we can get an early start tomorrow morning for Gaylord.

Talk to ya all soon!
    Love, CJ
  • Just popping in for a quick hello! I went to a baby shower on Saturday and ate, ate and ate. Lordy, the food was so GOOD! My sisters and I felt guilty afterwards so we went for a little walk. We didn't go for our Sunday walk...Nico is teething with his molars and it hasn't been pretty. He was up at 4AM and just cried. We tried everything ...even rubbing tequila on his gums and he still cried. He also tripped and hit his mouth on the floor...I have never heard him scream and cry like that before so I know it hurt. My poor baby, I cried with him. Nothing makes me feel worse than not being able to stop him from the hurt.

CJ- Oohhh, ALMOND BAR!!!! You have some will power!

Peggy- Hugs to you sweetie! Get better!

Sharon- We miss you!

Well ladies, I'm off to bed. Have a great day!