View Poll Results: If You Could Visit Any One Of The Following, Which Would It Be?
Paris 2 18.18%
Spain 1 9.09%
Las Vegas 1 9.09%
Hawaii 6 54.55%
Hollywood 0 0%
None Of The Above 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 06:34 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#14)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 08:13 PM   #2  
Losing it!

Sherry, I love your little pillow fighting angels!!! I wore shorts today too... can you believe this weather? We have either extremely cold or very warm days here this season... no in between. I have a feeling though, once it decides to get cold for good, it could be a rough winter.

I am averaging one day NOT OP out of the week. Today I did ok until tonight...chinese food at my favorite place! Back to drinking gallons of water!
Old 11-08-2004, 05:47 AM   #3  

Gayle-On Body for Life, they allow you 1 day not OP. I think some of us need that in order to stay OP. You are doing great! Thank you for all of your input for a shower. I am forwarding it to my computer at school so that I can show my friend.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:42 AM   #4  

I tried Body for Life. Right now I can't remember exactly why it didn't work for me. Probably because I didn't work IT the right way. Too much food, and, at that time, I didn't know a thing about the gym. I had a membership (it was when I was living in Newport), but I didn't know how to use any of the equipment or anything. It really makes a difference when you have someone standing beside you making sure your form is right and you are working to your max.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:56 AM   #5  
Losing it!

Cheryl, I just glanced at your mini goal~~~~GREAT JOB! YOU GO GIRL!
Old 11-08-2004, 11:28 AM   #6  

Thanks, Gayle!

I'm quite proud of that myself. Of course, this four-day week-end will be the real test for me!
Old 11-08-2004, 06:11 PM   #7  

Cheryl-I never lost much on BFL either. I used to lift some very heavy weights though at 4:30 in the morning!! You have a 4 day weekend??? Lucky you!!
Old 11-09-2004, 07:51 AM   #8  
Carol

Here is Carol the lurker.... I have been reading, but not posting. Sorry.

Gayle: Your doing great. One day off a week... I wish I could be so lucky. BTW Loved your ideas for the party!!

Sherry: Motivation... what is that.. If you find some, please, please, share!! I love your Frog!!! Did you ever find out about those arthritis meds that your Dad takes?? Thanks for thinking of me.

Cheryl: WTG... your doing wonderful. I bet you feel great too!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Dee: Congrats on your loss.... I think of you often and wonder how you survivor your ordeal. I pray for your speedy recovery after this next surgery!!! {{{Hugs}}}

Shelley: I hope everything works itself out at home.

Debbie: Hope is all on the upswing at your house. I pray daily that James will make a full and complete recovery and you can get back to living life to the fullest!!!! Love ya girl!!!

Have a great OP day to all my Floozie Friends!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:40 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Carol, don't be a lurker, we love hearing from you! I'm having a very difficult time staying motivated to stay OP too... I'm not feeling real well, so I want to humor myself with little treats and rich foods. Sounds like I better have a visit with Dr. Phil and see what my problem is! :-) Are you feeling better?

Vickster, same goes for you, we love hearing from you too! But...I guess your just wayyyyyyy toooooooo busy with MIL to spend time with us girls!!! LOL!

Shelley, I hope you can get a few ideas from the shower suggestions. I received an invitation yesterday that asked for the guest to bring the gift unwrapped, this way the bride to be could spend more time visiting. Personally, I like seeing all of the pretty and creative packages/wrappings people come up with.

Cheryl, did you have your fries last night? It sounds like Steve is your perfect match as a trainer. I'm sure it helps to have someone you click with, to motivate you. I'm going to be nosey here...tell me to mind my own business if you want...are you and Stewart still together? I know at one time you told him your feelings about the relationship, I just wondered if you two were still a couple.

Working on craft show stuff, a special order, laundry etc. today!
HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #10  
Losing it!

I just HAD to post again! I just hit 2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 10:08 AM   #11  

Gayle, congrats on the 2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may get there someday, sooner or later!

Yes, yes, yes, Stewart and I are still together. I can't believe I've been so out of touch as far as he's concerned---WE'RE GETTING MARRIED THIS MONTH OR NEXT, depending on how our schedules go. We were planning on the week on Thanksgiving, but my boss wouldn't let me have it off (even after I told her my plans). I realized that he really does love me, he's not just with me because I'm convenient, and that makes me happy. Plus, I love him. I'm so ready to be Mrs. Jonathan Stewart Brooks I think that's how I'm gonna sign my checks and stuff (not the checks that we mail out at work--hand cramp!).

And, no, I didn't have fries--I had Pintos and Cheese from Taco Bell!! Yum! Showed, too--I had gained a pound this morning at weigh-in!
Old 11-09-2004, 11:36 AM   #12  
Losing it!

The weight gain is probably salt, don't sweat it Cheryl.
CONGRATULATIONS! My, I'm glad I asked you about the relationship! Some women assume when we meet a man and if it is true love, we should just be overwhelmed with passion and lust. I had that in my first marriage (for awhile) and let me tell you, once the passion wore off, it was a HORRIBLE marriage. When I met Steve, he was so different from the type of man I was attracted to, but we developed a very strong friendship which turned into romance, we now have a great relationship on so many levels, I know him and he knows me, we both tend to agree on most things from parenting to moral issues. I love him dearly and part of that love is from feeling so secure in the relationship. I think I know what you mean when you questioned Stewart about if you were just a convenience. I'm sure he loves you with all of his heart, part of showing that love for you is wanting to commit to you. Tell me just as soon as you offically become Mrs. Jonathan Stewart Brooks! LOVE THE NAME!
BTW: A nice romantic candle lit Christmas Eve wedding sure would be nice....
Old 11-09-2004, 12:31 PM   #13  

He suggested Christmas Eve, too! And you're right, it DID sound romantic, until he brought up the fact that then he'd only have to buy ONE present each year! I don't think so!!!!

We're not gonna have a church wedding. Just me, him, the parents and a JP. We're using the wedding $ for a honeymoon. Possibly a cruise in the spring....Maybe a trip to Cancun--I hear you can get an all-inclusive for pretty cheap!
Old 11-09-2004, 05:56 PM   #14  

Cheryl-Congratulations! Please let us know as soon as you do it (get married, I mean!!)

Gayle-I printed out your ideas and gave them to Geanne. We haven't even had a chance to talk about the shower yet. I appreciate your ideas so much.

Carol-I'm sorry that you are feeling down. Please know that we are here to help you.

Last edited by ShelleyM; 11-09-2004 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:40 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Maybe you guys could do what Steve and I do, Cheryl. For our anniversary, we celebrate by going to a movie or out for a meal. We started out exchanging gifts, but finally settled on this...my birthday is the day after our anniversary, so Steve was pretty quick to agree about not giving gifts for anniversaries. :-)

Shelley, how is your weather there? It's starting to get chilly here, even on a sunny day, you can feel the chill in the air. It's great weather though for this time of year!
Closed Thread