Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 08:16 AM   #76  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Sorry about Bo-Beena...that is heart breaking! Keeping her in my prayers.......
Am off sometime in the next 12 hours to Ohio...am not motivated. I am not far off the wagon but.....I think I'll try a real strict week-end...it should be easy since I have to buy all my food...and that may jump start me. I'm just nibbly....must be that fall nesting, getting ready for winter thingy. My problem is that I think it's gonna be winter all the time! Must go and try to walk...need to limber up...and then bathe the mid-heathen.

Ceara
Old 10-22-2004, 09:27 AM   #77  

Oh, Wildfire, all that spicy, eh? As Eydie says, when the time is right.

Eydie, you DO have the most interesting job! And what a delightful bit of reasoning.

Empress, we must have received your gray day again today but it does sound like AZ is having enough strange weather of its own.

Still gray and getting to me. Supposed to be better tomorrow - but they've been saying that!. The miserable weather affects my arthritis and makes me more tired and I long for some quick energy and look covetously at anything sweet. But did pretty well yesterday and hope for same today. Must try for something different to distract me. Hang in, White Knuckled Eydie, my heroine and role model.

Kaylets, five years from now I hope to have completed sorting out all the junk in this house and I hope to weigh AT LEAST five pounds less. At my recent pace, that would be quite a victory.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:42 AM   #78  
wsw

hello to the royal kingdom! i have missed you all so much! have had long ms-technically challenged period, and starting to feel a little better finally. just a quick check-in to let you know you have not been forgotten. trying to catch up on some posts and need to get a little rest now. thinking of you all has placed a big grin on my face. take good care, all!
Old 10-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #79  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday everyone!

Finally having a quiet day... it's been a busy, stressful, crazy week. Spoke with my BoBeena and she's doing well this morning. I'm sure she's feelin' all the love from everyone wishing her and her hubby well. Just feels weird to have all these plans suddenly change...

Food wise, well, at least I'm not face down in a bag of Halloween candy anymore. That's a good thing right? Making progress, that's all I can ask for.

Wildfire, I'm with everyone else, WHAT Irishman??? Looooove Irish accents.... aaaaaahh....

Amaranatha and Eydie, I've been talking to "my guy" (yes, he's still around!) and he's got some Ren fair experience, he said basically all the sex stuff is pretty normal, but when I said they'd called it a cult he paused and said "Babe, run. You don't want to be a part of that group". Well, duhhhh, but still his reaction kinda startled me. Ren fairs aren't rating too high with me right now!

Eydie congrats on saying no the the evil flour and sugar bombs!

Ceara, good luck in Ohio!

Anagram :hi:

Kaylets, How's hubby?

WSW, sorry to hear you've been experiencing those difficulties again... good to see you and glad we can keep you in good humors!

To everyone who's affected by the winter blues.... two of my girlfriends are now certified herbalists and have given me 2 things that have, so far, worked wonders for me. The first is a lemon balm tincture, you can probably get from any naturopath the other is an aeromatherapy spray made from spring water, ylang-ylang, lemon balm and lavender. Works wonders!!! Good luck to us winter-lovin'-but-causes-the-blues people!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Terri
Old 10-22-2004, 08:05 PM   #80  
deleted2

My friend and I were taking about how we hadn't really spent much time outside lately and then we realized that it's been so rainy that we haven't exactly wanted to go slog around in the wet. I feel like I've sorta missed fall though. I love those warmish-crispish autumn days. [Hmmm. Try saying that out loud. ] Maybe there'll be a few sunny days before winter sets in in earnest.
The fall colors are really popping here! It happened overnight---I thought they weren't going to be so dramatic and boom! here they are.

Garry and I went out into the world today. And I had a great day, food-wise! We love to go to certain fancy food shops and check out all the seasonal goodies, like chocolate truffles done up like pumpkins and turkeys, fancy pastries, things like that. I'm off sugar [have I mentioned?!] and I looked and didn't have any cravings for the sweet things but felt a little sad and nostalgic. I don't even know if that's right, it's hard to explain. Almost like that pastime has to be set aside for awhile, because I'm feeling so great that I'm not sure I could go back to my sugar-binging ways. Today's revelation was if I can't have the sweets, then I'll try some of those interesting exotic cheeses I couldn't afford because I was spending it on exotic chocolate! It's all good...

Ceara, best of luck in Ohio! Hope your enthusiasm kicks in. Kiss the heathens for me!

wsw, SO HAPPY YOU CHECKED IN! Seeing your post put a big grin on my face too! Be well.

Kaylets, in 5 years I hope to be more fit than ever, and teaching a Pilates class still, maybe even a bellydancing for fitness one too? I hope to still be off sugar.I'd like to be working at my same job, in spite of my close contact with sugar! I hope that I'm still wildly in love with Garry, and he with me, of course! I hope that we're all still together here too! How about you

Think warm thoughts, Anagram!

Feeling a slight tickle in my throat--I'm gonna go dose myself good with Vitamin C. I don't want a cold this early on. And I really don't want the flu---I've gotten used to getting flu shot these past few years and am going to miss it this year.

Old 10-23-2004, 04:09 PM   #81  
Empress/Queen

Yo, this be another flybye postie as I have to work yet another event ... don't plan to stay long ... have terrible attitude, but there it is!

Anagramatic, yea, we did have some really bad storms a couple of days ago. It's pleasant and cool now. I find it cold, actually, and am wrapped in blankets and have space heaters on. Others tell me it's not cold ... but the house is 70 degrees and that's cold. Methinks me blood be thin.

Punkin, I had no idea about the Ren faire hijinks ... thought it was all history stuff. We have a big one here every year at a permanent facility out on the desert and I think all they do is joust, eat and play drums. Hmmm. I've actually never been but folks like it. It's so far away in concept from Arizona history that it hasn't interested me much ... of course, Arizona is kind of like that ... borrowing history and sticking it in the desert ... like the original London Bridge, which somebody brought over here when London got tired of it or something ...

But I digress, have to go.

I'm on Day 13 of The Less-Than-1700-Cal Streakiepoo ... a pirate named Sylvia has hijacked my Halloween challenge in the dietland-far-far-away journal. Details there ... Demon Scale better show a loss tomorrow or he's going to find himself stranded on a desert island for the duration of the voyage.

Hi, to all, mentioned and unmentioned. Sorry again that I'm not more responsive here. Brain-dead most of the time.

Later ...
Old 10-24-2004, 08:06 AM   #82  

Hello all!

Been awake since about 4:30 w/ the dogs but really out of bed only about 30 minutes... was avoiding the computer and my speech ... was struggling for a brillant, "GOTCHA!" opening... but all of a sudden realized any opening would be ok and immediately felt freerer ....

seems like sometimes its that same old lesson, again and again... different versions... Why is it so hard for me to 'get'
..... "Progress not perfection"....

Yesterday am, DH and I didnt even leave the house till 9 am... had a late breakfast and then went looking for a yard sale that was advertising movies... bought a couple DVD's cheap... brand new... in the plastic... last night watched " It Came From the Sky'' w/ John Ritter and Jo Beth Williams and Yasmin Bleeth... not sure what we were supposed to make of it..

Thanks Wood Nymph for that link...I remembered after I looked again...
Will check at the library to see if that video is available...we have two others that DH feels are not specific enough.. he feels he can't tell if he's following correctly...

Empress! Nice to see you as always...

All of a sudden I am feeling ravenous... guess the smart thing would be to eat..!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-24-2004, 11:46 AM   #83  
Empress/Queen

Again, apologies, as it's kind of tacky to repost stuff I said elsewhere, thus using up space here, but in explanation of current weight state, I posted this on a new journal in the dietland far away today:

Shiver me timbers 'n ahoy, landlubbers! Havin' claimed victory in the Halloween challenge a week early, the Halloween Challenge team seems to have vanished from the Scaaary Hut in the Deep Dark, Dilemmetic Diet Forest (har, har, I chased 'em away and they're cowering in bathing suits on a beach in France somewhere, snicker, snicker).

I, Sylvia Streaker, Fab 'n Fit Pirate Lass, hath taken the wheel o' Athletea's dietary fortune ... after all, she lost weight whilst held captive on the Streaky Pirate Ship o' Below 1700 cals, didn't she? Proves that pirates know best and calories count, even though we KNOW A hath the metabolism o' a lovely sea cow and will never lose weight fast ... and she likes to eat too much ... and tells our ship's chef that she feeleth satisfied by consistently keeping cals below 1700.

This be Day 14 o' the streak, which started accidentally but has become quite the rage in Athletea's mental neighborhood. So, I, Sylvia, hath made the executive piratical decision to dedicate this new journal to THE STREAK! Ahoy.

Athletea will remain on the ship, voluntarily (har, har) for the forseeable future. If the STREAK SHIP runs aground on an unforseen shoal of caloric indescretion, we'll, we'll maroon the offending BINGE DEMON 'n restart the streak at Day One!

BUT THAT WON'T HAPPEN FOR AWHILE, WILL IT MATEYS?!!! (No? I thought not!)
Old 10-25-2004, 08:14 AM   #84  
the sword bearer

Cool

I'M Back! I'm tired....still and I'm stiff. I'm going to brave the perils of autumn and traffic and walk the road this am come h*** or high water! Not likely, no chance of rain....

Ohio was good....picked up 2 more points on the mid-heathen Saturday...and a complete reverse on Sunday...3 out of 3...the judge was a tooth fairy I think....my girl's bite is level...but the rest of her is good. You don't throw out the baby with the bath water in a breeding programme! She has many other good qualities..including good shoulders and layback which are darned hard to get and find these days! Also too much red meat and beer! Ah.h.h Harps.

So austerity programme here...just gotta find my walking shoes....

wsw.....glad to "see" you!

Wildfire..I'm dyin' here...details, details....just do it in notepad, copy it and drop it into a post and send quick...maybe it's too sizzling for the site! (actually I've lost a few posts too lately so I do that highlight and control c thing before I send).

Hey Punkin O' Friday! I missed thee....glad you're doing well! Empress A...thanks for stoppin' by...thee'd be doin' great! Anagram, do you wanna do my house too....it needs to be de-junked. Any sun there yet? Arabella, I hate to say it but EOM is here...again. Stay steady. Kaylets....missed your early post this morning.....it was a good day for snoozing here though...Saturday night is fall back night....maybe I'll catch up 1 hour of sleep? Eydie...really? Right on the grounds in daylight? Talk about tacky. Never heard of Ren Faire...is this a renaissance revival group...jousting and all that? Think I'll google this.

Gotta go...my shoes are calling me.... to all the s present and MIA

Ceara
Old 10-25-2004, 10:44 AM   #85  

Hello all!

Hello all!

First "official" day of vacation... spent the past hour or so getting trash to the curb... a lot of it overgrowth from the gardens... some branches and etc... Got so tired of a big weed trying to take over one of the downspouts... only took a second to cut it back and then pull the root up but there it had grown all summer... Guess its just the same when I was overweight... I knew I was heavy but only thought about it when I couldnt find anything I like to wear or when I looked in the mirror... So I stopped wearing pants ( thought ankle length dresses were 'slimming') and avoided the mirror...
Then, when I finally made up my mind that it was time to do something about weighing too much, it only took a few moments to join WW's and start learning... It took me longer to get ready to do something about it than to read the materials, get on plan and to start losing!....

-- as for Renaissance Fair--- who would've guessed?? When I worked at Tandy Leather, they'd come by and spend lots of cash on all sorts of leathers, furs, beads, leathercraft tools, etc, etc but never once mentioned the removal of these costumes !! Oh my... Could it be the grog??

But I can relate... got very, very friendly with a couple at one point... enough where they felt " I could be trusted' to be shown a room built in their apartment building basement. At that point I was told the male of this couple was a "priest". And this room contaned an altar of sorts.....
As far as I could figure, it was just an excuse for sex. He claimed he had over 300 female 'partners'.... At one point, he even appeared on Sally Jessie Rapheal as a guest... Except for the altar, I have no idea where or when all this other activity happened... But that was enough for me!

So there you have it my friends... you just never know....

WSW! Glad to see you back with us!
Got a nice 'cuppa' right here for you. Its your favorite!

In fact, I have a cuppa here for all you!

Thought of the day :

"You have to believe in yourself. The ones who believe in themselves the most are the ones who win."
--Florence Griffith-Joyner-- Olympic Gold Medal Winner

Question of the day :

"Name the last 3 things you had a 'gut feeling' about and it turned out your 'gut feeling' was right."

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-25-2004, 06:18 PM   #86  
deleted2

Ewww, what a creepy story, Kaylets. The fact that this secret room was in the basement adds to the creepiosity for sure!

Garry and I are going back to the beach for a couple of days. We leave well before the crack of dawn Wednesday and will head back home Friday. We have to give the dogs lots of loving, they've been particularly needy lately for some reason. {Ever had an 80 pound dog try to cuddle up in your lap--pretty endearing!} We ususally have someone to house-sit , but this time the pups will have to stay in their lot and someone will come over twice a day to feed them. They'll be okay, right?

Plotting my strategy for maintaining the low sugar program. Will have to nix the traditional pecan pancakes at the tacky pancake place, and will have no desserts out. Fortunately Garry's very supportive of all this and he says it's been good for him to cut back on sweets too. I've spent the afternoon packing clothes, and foods to have on hand so we can avoid the convenience store stuff en route. I'm ready!

Ceara, what's layback?

Thanks for stopping by, Empress! Don't sail too far away!

Old 10-26-2004, 07:58 AM   #87  
the sword bearer

Wink

Mornin' . A layback is the way that the dog's shoulder (scapula) blades, neck and backbone come together....a good layback is smooth, with the shoulder blades fairly closely set together, and set back on the back, giving a good length of neck. This all ties into how the upper arm and elbow are too...90 degrees is best...get Garry to get you a book on the horse and you'll see it...in Bouviers we often get animals with their shoulders set quite high...this leads to a straight front, not a lot of neck or reach when they move. (Some terriers are supposed to move that way and they breed for that front.) Thus a good layback is preferable. It is hard to get good fronts....and really easy to lose 'em.

Anyway, yesterday was the first day back at work after a 2 week vacation....Jeez. I was tired last night! Have Storytime and Toddlertime this am so gotta fly. Counting yesterday as Day 1, and giving myself an "A". Don't think I'll walk this am, but maybe tonight before supper....may do some weights tho'.

I often have gut feelings and act on them but because of my advanced age I can't remember what the last three were right now! However, I'm often right with them.

to all 's. Let's get out there and win one for..........ourselves!
(what or who is the gipper anyway? )

Ceara
Old 10-26-2004, 08:12 AM   #88  
wsw

good morning, royals! i think i spoke a little too soon about feeling better last week. the past few days were still rather rough, but i am definitely feeling better this morning now. wish i could say my food has been good lately, but not the case. i have new resolve this morning and plan to stick to my program no matter what. well, just a quick post to say, again, i have missed you and hope i can be on more regularly now. you are the best! take good care, all. thinking of you.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:41 AM   #89  

Hello all!

Finally think I have an idea to knit a couple of themes together for the 10th speech ... ...the speech I'm giving tomorrow at noon!

hee hee!!

But I am getting excited and am hoping to capitalize on that feeling to pull the whole thing together... the 10th Toastmaster Speech is supposed to inspire the audience... and that's just what I am planning...

Promise to share as soon as I have it on paper...

WSW-- As long as you keep trying... that's the important thing.... don't ever forget the Turtle and the Rabbit story .... the Turtle did win in the end...
I know I share w/ all the other Royals that we are thrilled you include us on your list of who to reconnect with when you've been away because of "technical difficulties"..... You know we are always keeping your seat warm!

Ceara- thanks for the dog terminology lesson... That is one area I have always meant to learn more and now I can!

Eydie-- Have fun w/ Garry! Will keep your seat for you till you return!

Wood Nymph, Wildfire, Anagram, Punkin, Cerise ( miss you!) any new royals or lurkers like to check in and say hello??

Its so lovely here today with a nice breeze and lots of sun, just hung out linens and undies to diry ( I hang the undies under the sheets so neighbors arent "offended" .... crazy how so many places don't allow clotheslines today!)
I have one of the quilts washing right now, expecting btwn the sun and the breeze that the quilt will be dry by tonight... I sleep so much better when the linens have that "hung outside to dry smell"....

I think I will have the Royal Household Steward bring the rockers out to the Royal dock w/ lots of sweaters and shawls so we can take advantage of the great weather today. I also will order that they bring us the binoculars and cameras so we won't miss a thing....

Thought of the day :

"When I look around, I think this, this is good enough, and I try to laugh at whatever life brings. 'Cuz when I look down, I just miss all the good stuff, and when I look up, I just trip over things"
--Ani DiFranco

Question of the day :

"How many pairs of socks do you own? How many single socks are in the drawer?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Kaye
Old 10-26-2004, 03:38 PM   #90  
Is it Friday yet?

Howdy Royal Dahlings!

Just thought I'd check in real quick... nothin' much going. My mom's going to pick up my aunt as I type this. Mixed feelings about her visit as she was less than supportive of my mom last year while she was going through treatment for breast cancer. My aunt actually said "oh I wouldn't do chemo, that's poison". Like having cancer in your body is natural????
Whatever...

Kaylets, just freaky about the couple... there are certain VERY old sects of Wicca that still believe in the literal definition of "the divine union" but believe me, they're VERY few and far between in this day n' age! And in the basement???? Yikes!

Ceara, being able to breed anything a certain way or not is fascinating. Like my old Bull Terrier. How they, over the years, got that anvil shaped head... amazing. Oh, and the Gipper was a football player, I think his whole name was Thomas Gipp, in the 30's or 40's that died days after catching pneumonia from sleeping outside his college dorm. In a game not long after his passing the team wasn't doing good in one game and the coach told the team to "go out there and win one for the Gipper" - and they did. It was just on Haunted History this weekend because they believe the Gipper's still hanging out at that school (I think it was in Iowa??).

Eydie, no fall colors here on the Ranch dang it! Junipers aren't known for any other color but green! Blaaaah....

WSW, I concur (spelled right?) your seat is forever kept warm in your occasional absences. Keep fighting the good fight!

Amarantha, I saw the story about them moving the London Bridge to Arizona! Someone must have a lot of money and nothing to do, huh?

Well all, time to go make some tea. What I thought was just a "frog" in my throat has turned into a cough and a little tightness in my chest.... I can't be sick now I have too much to do this week!!!!!!!!

Toodles for now,
Terri
Closed Thread