Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 07:15 AM   #16  
deleted2

Good reminder, Kaylets---we should all be kind to ourselves. That extra pound could be anything. Keep going! And about the question of the day: neither! Alex Trebec annoys me and I think Fear Factor is weird and kinda degrading.

Sister Queens, please send up a good thought for me tonight. I'll be teaching my first Pilates class at 6:30 and I'm feeling fairly confident at this point but as the day goes on...?

Old 10-05-2004, 10:19 AM   #17  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Fly-by -- frantic (what else is new? ) Spent all day yesterday on unplanned editing tasks that should have been done (by someone else) before but HAD to be done yesterday. I'd intended to catch up on some loose ends and get everything nicely tucked away and now I'm behind again! Stop the world, i want to get off!

Eydie, break a leg!!! Metaphorically, of course... You're going to be WONDERFUL - just wish I could be there to take the class.

Love to all -- let's take this day and do the best we can with it.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:06 AM   #18  

Good early morning, Regal Ones! Another Fresh Start for me. Monday was our 46th anniversary so I'm in the first days of another wedded year. Imagine - 46 years and I'm still crazy about the guy with all indictions he feels the same. We spent Mon. afternoon wandering one of our favorite mountain parks and basking in the autumn sun, the falling leaves and our blessings in general.

Enjoyed weekend w/dd's family. Princess Eight tells me she wants me to live with them because "it's always so much better when you're here" and Princess Four bats those big blue eyes at me and whispers "I love you, Mimi".
Can it get any better?

Have been working on how to hone plan and seeking motivation. Think I've found it. Talked to Texas sister and she's back on WW and has lost 20 lbs. Always been pretty competitive (she's 2 yrs younger) so will taunt myself w/the thought she might catch up w/me - at this point she's about 70 lbs heavier than I but I still think it will work as motivation for me. I've been toying w/that elusive onederland and that 50 lb loss mark for so long......having seen it only one one weigh in some long time back. Stomach has been doing somewhat better (of course, since I finally see gastro today). So hoping that might do it. Have been fairly on plan, fair on water and on exercise but it is so easy to go from "fair" to "poor".

So, here we go..........
Old 10-06-2004, 06:34 AM   #19  

So, enough of the me, me, me.

Nice to "see" you, Empress and congrats on loss. Glad the "tweak" is working for you.

Eydie, I can picture you "Pilat-ing". I too wish I could be there for class. Chili sounds great and pow-wow interesting. There is one near here every summer - might try to catch it next year. I'm sure your talk was most gracious but can see where you'd have liked a tad of prep.

Wood Nymph, so proud of you for finishing the run and for reaching deep into your royal heart to find that last push. DSG sounds like he'd cause w/drawal pangs in me too. He's still at such a cuddly age, isn't he? Though he sounds like a cuddly whirlwind. Being behind is my natural state, I think. At least the last few years. But remember you made the effort and had EOM under control. And it's only because you're "to the rescue"........

Ceara, you're sounding like a whirlwind yourself. And like you're enjoying it all.

Are you digging out from under the desk, Kaylets? Still refreshed from the vacation? Sorry the sale didn't go well. Ours was good basically because I sold my "granny stuff". Very early on a very preggers sweetie came bustling up the driveway and was so very happy to find a hichair and portacrib in practically unused condition and reasonably priced. We bargained slightly and she was a few bucks short on cash. But her excitement was so palpable I told her not to bother. She didn't look huge but her fourth son was due Monday at 11:00. I forgot to tell her that was my anniversary but I think it was just a little example of how things sometimes come together in this universe for a reason. She was practically floating (picture that at 9 months!) as she and dh loaded the stuff and it certainly made my day that it made hers. Moneywise it wasn't worth the work but it also made a bit of space. I had a lot of people but most were asking me where the other sales were. Apparently we didn't have a lot of neighborhood participation on Friday and it had been advertised as a 50-family sale. Never did get out to check on it myself.

Well, dh is up now as well and the tummy is calling for its oatmeal so off I go. Great day, all.

Speaking of preggers, Frogger...............
Old 10-06-2004, 06:50 AM   #20  

Hello all!
am officially back on Flex... Have no idea if water weight or Core or sitting around reading for a whole week on vacation pushed the scale up 1.5 lbs but I am back on Flex anyway... I realized last night that after a bowl of vegetable soup and 2 small pieces of pumpernickel bread, I felt satisfied... Guess I REALLY missed bread...
and REALLY didnt like spending flex pts on it.. go figure... evidently, I was "saving" the pts for another reason...
All I know for sure is, Core helped me get into the next 10 lb range when things were moving really slow and I want to stay there!!

Thought of the day:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
- Herm Albright

Question of the day :

"Would you rather be a guest on Oprah or on CNN News?"

Anagram--Maybe $$ wise you're not ahead but... you DID make someone's week and you do have some more room to fill ... !
As for competing w/ DSister... whatever motivation works I say....

Eydie--We need an update!

Arabella--Today you are now owed 2 "Kind to me " moments to make up for yesterday...

Ceara-- So, how did the heathens do??

Empress!! How goes it??

Must be gone...
KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-06-2004, 07:25 AM   #21  
deleted2

Anagam, wow---46 years!!!! That is so inspiring! Wishing you many more years!

Well friends, the pilates class last night was great! 11 people showed up [4 men among them, would you believe?] and they all seemed very into it. Time will tell --I've seen yoga and tai chi classes come and go at work and in the week between some folks decide it's not for them and you never see them again. You know, I actually enjoyed doing it, and may ask someone to videotape it next week. Maybe.... Garry was there and he said I did well and was very clear. His only criticism is reading my bio of Joseph Pilates went on maybe a minute too long, because he could tell that eveyone wanted to get into it right away. Bottom line is, I'm SOOO happy that I took this chance.

Old 10-07-2004, 06:39 AM   #22  

Hello all!

Congrats Anagram! In today's world, 46 yrs IS a major accomplishment!

Eydie! Congrats to you too! DH is a sweetie to go to class to offer support!
Don't try to worry about which students drop off.... every class everywhere has some turnover...
All will be fabulous! Really wish I could be there too!

Can you believe its the middle of the week already??

Tried an experiment at work yesterday and made myself a "pot" of tea thru the coffeemaker... I put a clean coffee filter in the filter basket and just let hot water run thru the basket into the pot. I had a couple tea bags in the pot... It was sooo nice to just fill my cup each time instead of having to wait for a tea bag to steep in my cup .... I'nm starting to think that maybe a teabag for each cup of tea is
wasteful... but I never realized b/4 .....
I realize ( now) that all teas are different strengths but really took me a long time to "get" that letting the tea steep gave you more flavor than just a minute dunk and then toss.....

ok....

I need to get more water in... I need your support! Water used to be so easy for me but since I've begun this new job I am not getting water in!

So... today my goal is to get 2 bottles in...I don't know what size the bottles are ... they're on my desk..

Thought of the day :

We do not remember days,
we remember moments.
--Cesare Pavese

Question of the day :

Which "moments" do you remember most clearly?

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-08-2004, 06:54 AM   #23  

Hello all!

Got crazy yesterday-- Dh 's been having shortness of breath for a couple of weeks and finally called the doctor... They said come in NOW....
They gave him an EKG and there was no eveidence of heart damage but he has many more tests to take and now has both an inhalator and Nitroglycerin to carry with him constantly.....

The inhalator helped him immediately and he was relieved that it just might be only his asthma but I evidently was stressing as last night I ate everything that wasnt nailed down....

ah well....

Thought of the day:

"If you look at zero you see nothing;
but look through it and you will see the world."
- Robert Kaplan

Question of the day:

"Would you rather eat breakfast for supper or supper for breakfast?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-08-2004, 07:19 AM   #24  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone and it sounds like your all doing well. Maybe I can get inspired from your spirit hope you don't mind if I join in?
I have started to get back into the grove of being healthy and having a healthier lifestyle. I've kept off for the most part my 10lbs. but then have been at a stand still. So I need to get motivated to move a bit more and to eat differently. Some change is diffently needed to get the scales moving. I do feel good and have maintained my wt. for awhile other than a couple up and down lbs. Sometimes water weight! I guess? But this week I did get back into going to the gym and walking the treadmill. I have a sore muscle in my back from my first 2 visits. But I am dealing with it. I am off to Seattle next week for 9 days but that will include some exercise with relation to walking and sightseeing. Well gotta go to work now any advice is always appreciated.
Skyfirefly =enjoy the Fall weather today its going to be 80 in Central NY
Old 10-08-2004, 04:33 PM   #25  

It's Friiiiiiidaaaay - No, it's not Punkin. Just a poor imitation.

Welcome, cacmsc = be stalwart in your weight loss quest and inspire me. I'm just barely trailing along under the wheels of the wagon.

Sorry to hear of dh's problem, Kaylets. Stressful, no doubt. Hope he continues to do better.

And you have stumbled on to one of my cheapie little tricks. I almost always reuse a teabag if dh hasn't cleaned up and thrown it out. I love to let it steep and can get two really good cups from most types. And if the second one turns to be mostly flavored hot water (as with some herbals) that's ok too.

Nice weather here. Busy, busy. Going to Penn State=Purdue football game. First time in years we've made the trip to State College but weather should be perfect (ok, I'm not a football nut but dh feels up to it and I'd like to see him enjoy it all). Friends who invited us are doing the driving and I'm looking forward to a long but relaxing day.

Nice weekend all.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:43 PM   #26  
Hot Stuff

AAAAAHHHHH! Tea made in a cup??? No,no, no! In a pot, let steep for five minutes. Tea in a coffee maker? You girls are giving me a heart attack. I think we've had this discussion before, haven't we? I even have my own two cup brown betty pot at work because I can't stand tea made in a cup. I can taste the difference if tea is made in a pot that ever had coffee in it.

So, here it is Thanksgiving weekend in the not-so-frozen north. 26 Celsius yesterday and today...beautiful! This weekend I am devising a plan of attack, part of which is trying to get through Dr. Phil's book again.

Have to drive DD to work. Will be back to update over the weekend.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:15 PM   #27  

Sorry, do not mean to attack hearts. Yes, we've had the discussion before. I agree that a teapot is better but I am just too lazy. Note I do heat my water in a kettle rather than in the microwave (except when at daughter's because if I want tea at all there that's my only option).

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 10-09-2004, 07:42 AM   #28  
deleted2

Happy Saturday! As the orange juice ad used to say, another day, another chance to feel healthy!

Welcome, cacmsc! Always nice to have a new queen among us. You mentioned treadmilling, do you favor any other sort of exercise? Do you follow any certain food plan?

Have a great time at the game, Anagram!

Kaylets, how's your husband today?

Wildfire, I agree with you about the tea--most of the time--I use the old tea bag in a mug method at work. I have a tiny little pot that I use at home. It just seems like more of a relaxing ritual to use a teapot, doesn't it?

Old 10-09-2004, 07:49 AM   #29  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Omilord -- I almost forgot!

Back in to edit, because I forgot to report --- I LOST TWO POUNDS THIS WEEK!!!

Hello Lovies! I'm off for a 3-day hiking trip, so won't be here again until Tuesday. We'll be hiking hours and hours a day. Also intend to eat healthily, although possibly a bit more than usual. Monday's our Thanksgiving, so count yourselves among my blessings. And thank you!

Welcome, cacmsc (does that stand for something? am i overly nosy? ) You know a good group when you see one!

Wildfire -- why is it that water heated in the microwave is no good? I agree it is not, but don't know why that should be. I maintain that the standard is: fresh water, just at the boiling point, loose leaves steeped in a brown betty for five minutes. Ah!!! However, I mostly use teabags and have been known to make it in a cup, although almost never heated in the microwave.

Anagram, WOW!!! 46 years happily married. Wow. That just blows me away -- what a wonderful blessing!

Kaylets, sending good healing energy to DH (and you!). You're not alone!

Eydie, a big congrats on your successful Pilates teaching debut! What an amazing woman you are!

K all, I must get ready to go. Love to all -- have a great weekend!

Last edited by Arabella; 10-09-2004 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:20 PM   #30  

Hello all!

Ok, so I agree, as tea is a fairly new drink for me, I do notice a difference in the microwave water and do heat water on the stove in a kettle... and then pour into a ceramic or glass pot... AND have no idea what a brown betty is...

Although I will do a google and maybe even an ebay search to see what happens... but... I have seen a cute little pot at the farmers market that has its own tea "ball" holder inside... ( Its more of mesh tube ) and that would look very cute on the desk.....

Anyway... I've no choice now...must get pics ready for Ebay and begin the auctions ... folks at work have begun their holiday shopping so I know others must be doing the same...
So, since last week was another reminder of how much more I get accomplished when I have a deadline I hope to get lots done tomorrow...

Really! and at the same time, hope to get some soup made too... In fact, think I will put some beans on to soak...

Thanks for the good vibes for DH... He has not used the inhalator sinc the first night although probably could have ... Has not felt any need to take the nitroglycerin.... BUT did order a side of fruit at breakfast to take the place of his beloved fried potatoes...

Welcome cacmsc!! Tell us some more about yourself!

And to all Royals, I wish a calm and peaceful night.....I for one, am off to soak beans ...

Oh, and by the way, KETTLE IS ON!
Closed Thread