Old 10-08-2004, 02:55 PM   #61  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, I'm baaack. We made it home from CA at about 10 pm last night. This trip was so much fun. Yes, Cal and I did meet up. As expected, she is a wonderful person--so real and fun to be with. We had a great day at Disneyland. Ashley was a little shy at first but toward the end of the day she and Michael were sword fighting with each other as we waited for the electric light parade. Cal also introduced us to her sister Roberta--the daredevil. I say this because she took us on the "Sun Wheel" at California adventure and made us ride the purple gondola--the one that swings/slides the most. Cal, Ashley and my mom rode the red gonodola, which is the most stationary, but goes up the highest. Thinking about that ride still gives me the willies! *shudder* It was scary but fun. Here's some pics and info. http://www.mouseinfo.com/california-...heel/index.php

Cal waved goodbye to us as we took off on the 0-55 in 4.7 seconds California Screamin' roller coaster. I was screaming my head off and freaking out, but I loved every minute of it. Cal, I have to say thank you for making our first day at Disney a very memorable and enjoyable one. I don't think we would've covered that much ground had you not been showing us around. It was wonderful to meet you and I think it would be SUPER if we could all get together again in the spring.

We also visited the San Diego Zoo (after a long-@ssed drive) and Universal Studios. FUN FUN FUN!

I left my camera at home since I didn't unpack yet. I am in the office today but am having a hard time getting myself back into work mode. I will go back and read the posts later today and catch up with you all. I missed you guys while I was away and I am glad to be home. Be back later

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 10-08-2004 at 02:57 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:58 PM   #62  
so close, yet so far...

Angie, I mean this as a compliment--your daughter reminds me of the singer Jewel, but with nice teeth . She is very pretty and brave.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:03 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Guys.. I am heading out for a few days.. so don't think I am MIA.... I'll be back come Monday.

Noelle, welcome back glad you had a great time!

Kempy... I will drink your wine tonight... gonna have a nice big bottle of red!

Julie (((((HUGS))))) I wish we were closer too.... let me know if I can do anything for you.. I've had my share of relationship problems.... and I've realized, as a mom and as I woman, we are much stronger than what we think!

Cal.. good luck with your daughter's hearing test.. I hope it goes well.

Angie... Hope you are doing good too!

Everyone else... HI!!! I'll see you all on Monday!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:32 PM   #64  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, Well, if you arent working when we come down than plan on me to arrive on March 18 and to fly home on March 22 as it stands now. I cant wait to hang out with you all!!!!!

Noelle, WE MISSED YA!!!! I cant wait to see pics of you two together. I am glad you had fun together.

Cherie, Have a good weekend. See ya Monday.

Julie, How is your day going so far? Good I hope.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #65  

Hi Girls

Sorry to make a late post again, but I was busy with appts. and hubby was off today. We had a nice talk and I feel everything will work out, life goes on. Thanks for all your kind words. I love you all so much. You are great friends and I feel like I have known you all forever.

Noelle glad your back, sounds like you had just a spectacular time!! I am so happy for you, you needed a vacation. I bet Michael loved every minute of it. And slept like a baby at night.

Angie I could go for one of your donuts or honeybuns. I bet that would kick these blues away! So you got the dates down, huh? I will see what I can do! I just can see us meeting and we all just hug and cry for 10 minutes .

Cherie you are strong, YOU are the role model of a strong woman. I hope you enjoy your weekend. Talk to Monday.

Kempy is Joe doing alot of hunting? It is turkey season here. Poor little things. I love Thanksgiving. But I don't think I could ever shoot an animal. My fil is going to do some hunting. I tried some of his goose jerky once and I almost you know what, it was terrible! Hus will probally skip hunting this year. Thanks for your kind words of support. It means alot, I would like to get alot out. But I don't want a gazillion people reading it ! I am a very private person. I trust you girls. I feel everything is on the up and up though. Maybe I will pm you sometime. Enjoy your time off. You deserve it, you worked your butt off at office.

Love ya girls, Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:14 PM   #66  

Forgot to say hi to Cal, Summer, and Jessica and Holly! Enjoy your weekend.
Julie
Old 10-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #67  

Btw my eating has been pretty good, had salmon, coleslaw, squash and potatoes, and a small salad. Talk about stuffed! I could really go for some Halloween candy bars though . I have not weighed myself in a long time. But my clothes feel pretty good on. Well I just want to gain some muscle and tone up. Okay gonna go now. GoodNight!
Old 10-09-2004, 10:05 AM   #68  

Noelle: Welcome back. I really enjoyed meeting you; it was such fun to spend the day at Disney. It was also wonderful to get to meet your family. As soon as I can I'll send you copies of the pictures I took, especially the one of you, Roberta, and your neice on the roller coaster.

Kempy: We usually take 2 days to drive to Texas. My sis lives in Paris, TX. I believe it's about an 8 hour drive from there to NO.

Angie: Are your kiddos out fr 1 or 2 weeks? We had 2 weeks, so one more to go. Yes, I am thoroughly enjoying the time off.

Hello to Summer, Jessica, Holly.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 10:30 AM   #69  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HI EVERYONE!!!

Well, I have been eating so badly this weekend. Lets just say if it wasnt healthy I ate it. Now I need to refocus and start fresh again. Jay aksed if I wanted to go for a walk this morning so we did a walk around the block with the dogs. 1 1/2 miles. Of course I ate left over chinese and cake for breakfast but......

So what did everyone do this weekend?

Julie, Do you and hubby do date nights or let the kids stay at their grammies for the night? I think something like that is a very necessary break that all couples need. It would give you 2 some grown up time to talk and cuddle,etc. Just a thought, I know me and Jay need it and it helps us alot.

Cal, Noelle, where are the pics? C'mon girls we are all jealous that you got to meet now we wanna see the fun that you had.

It is actually nice out today. Sunny and smells like dead leaves. I love that smell.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:36 PM   #70  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HELLO.........ANYBODY HOME!!!!!!.........
Old 10-10-2004, 07:26 PM   #71  

It's very quiet this weekend.

Hubbie took Ashley to the state fair today. I've had the entire day to myself. It's been sooooo nice. I don't get very many of these kinds of days.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I'm trying to talk my sister into coming to LA in the spring. She said she has to see when her spring break is.

I'm looking into applying for a job in Boston. I'd like to get some info from anyone who has spent time there as I have never been. I won't be looking to relocate until at least next summer. My sis here has a friend who's brother-in-law is a Boston cop. I'm sure he can give me some info!!

Cal
Old 10-10-2004, 07:41 PM   #72  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cal, All I know of Boston is that we drove through the city to get Mickey on the Cape. Sorry, I am not much help. If you want a very safe place to have Ashley grow up you should come to Maine though. We need more people to move here. My town only has 1500 people in it. It is very quiet and laid back here. During the winter it is too quiet. Not much happens then.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:04 PM   #73  

Angie: My husband and I actually considered Maine at one time. I'm very hesitant to move anywhere where I have not at first visited. I guess this means I should plan a trip to visit you in Maine! I do work with a teacher who just moved here from Maine. She left there because of a messy divorce and she likes it here so far, except that the summer was too hot too long.
Thanks for the info.

Cal
Old 10-11-2004, 12:14 AM   #74  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies. I'm back from a long, hot day at the Marine Corps air base. We watched the Blue Angels air show (which was awesome) and I forgot the sunscreen for myself. I slathered it all over Michael of course and forced him to wear a hat, but as for me... I feel and look like a freshly boiled lobster! *ouch* My sister's company was one of the major sponsors of the air show and we got VIP passes and got to sit in a shady tent with catered food and drinks. It was great! Of course I had to sit in the sun for a while to get the front row seating. I will bring my camera to work tomorrow and try to download the vacation pics for you to see. Michael is currently outside eating a giant lollipop from Disneyland. I so do not look forward to going to work tomorrow .

Well, hope everyone has a good evening. Talk with you all tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:10 AM   #75  

Hey guys, sorry I didn't pop on over the weekend. We went to look for costumes Saturday and it was really nasty weather out so it took us awhile. Yesterday we went to the Saints football game which they lost. It was a fun game though. I think it would have been even better if they would have won. I ended up sleeping until 8:30 this morning and I am still groggy.

Noelle I look forward to seeing those pics. I feel like Angie that it isn't fair we have to wait so long. I told Joe that you guys were thinking about coming down here in March and he said that would be ok with him.

Cal I have never been up very far. I think I have stopped at TN and that was cold enough for me. I am a true southern girl. I know it is hot but I don't complain. It could be worse on both ends of the temp scale. Why do you want to move?

Angie I am going to start my Tae Bo as soon as I get off the puter. I put my costume on and it is kind of scary. So, I need to try to do somehting about it. I know that I wont be able to get down really low for the 30th but I can at least help it out a little.

Julie where are you today?

Hey Cherie, Summer and Holly. I think we lost Jess.

I'll be back later today.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote