Old 10-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #31  

Happy, I'm thinking of you during this time. Just try to relax, even if you don't work out - do stretching! Packing and moving are enough exercise, believe me! But, if you end up surviving on take out food and things like that, it's going to be hard. But, always remember to order healthy and don't give up!
I am really pleased with my weigh in! I lost 1.6 pounds, a really good loss considering that I went away over the weekend! I think switching back from core to flexpoints helped me considerably!
So glad that I had a loss and that I can see my goal just a tiny bit closer!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:54 AM   #32  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Everyone!

Well, the new jobs close tomorrow, so I am hoping to hear something by mid-week next week to see if I get an interview. If it's meant to be.....

Linda: Great job on the loss. See, now you are getting back in the right direction. I'm getting there also.

Happy: Have fun packing! Maybe next year when we go back East we can meet up with you, Jolly and Raven--and whoever is close. That would be fun. I'm so happy and excited for you and your new adventure!

HELLO SASSY!!

Well, time to work!

Happy Wednesday!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:59 PM   #33  
Student of the Hoof

Heelllooooo chicklets.

I'm so out of it.

You ever feel like you're just kind of wandering around bumping off the walls?

Mm. Saddle got shipped to the wrong person. They're trying to get ahold of her to have her overnight it to me. It won't get here before I leave for SC.

Tonight I set up Ian's new bed, assuming I can find the floor in his room. My little pigpen. Tomorrow night rasping hooves, then Friday morning clean out the car and get ready for the drive. I want to hit SC by around noon... and it looks like I'll be getting together with Tracy and Donna while I'm there. How fun is that!? Too bad I can't take the horses with me.

Chachee - I so hope that something works out for you. I know what it's like to be stuck in a crappy situation. I usually end up getting myself fired since I can't keep my mouth shut.

Happy - Ok, I have Memphis on Mapquest. *lol* Let me know when it's a good time to visit your grill! Er .. you. Right. Yeah. I know moving is stressful, try to take some time here and there to just empty the brain and relax.

Linda - Congrats on the loss!!!

Jolly - Nashville. Tennessee. In November. *eyeballs mapquest again* How long will you be there?

Red! I miss your posts!! I need to win the lottery so I can buy you a brand new computer!

Ok, I think I'll go be cranky now.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:30 PM   #34  

Raven, take a deep breath and calm down! Sounds like things are hectic, but you'll get past this!
Chach, I'll keep my fingers crossed on the job thing for you!
Went out to lunch with a friend today and blew it.... but I did go for a walk and work out as well. Will be extra good tomorrow!
Linda
Old 10-14-2004, 09:02 AM   #35  

Hey all. Sorry to be AWOL. Everything right now seems too much effort. I feel like I am trying to swim through mud. And there is no reason to feel like this. I need to figure out why, and shake it off. Arggh.

Good luck with job interviews and new jobs. Raven, I am only going to be in Nashville for two days - just to hang out with my friend before she ships out. Maybe another time. Besides, there is always Midwest Horse Fair. Good luck in SC.

Everyone else, I hope you are doing well on your personal journeys. Keep the faith.

Jolly.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:05 AM   #36  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good_morning_to_everyone

Just-popping-in-to-say-hi.

We-found-a-different-acreage,-put-in-an-offer-haggled-over-price.
Now-we-are-waiting-for-an-appraisal,_well-flow-test_and_other-little-things._We-should-be-able-to-move-into-our-new-place-by-Nov-fourteenth._(Number_keys_don't_work-either)
I-(we)-are-so-excited.

Chachee-my-fingers-are-crossed-for-you.

Raven-(((hugs)))to-you.-I-hope-your-saddle-gets-to-you.

Happy,-I-am-glad-you-had-a-good-time-on-your-trip.-Now-to-get-already-for-your-move.

Jolly-are-you-still-kicking-butt-on-the-raquetball-court?

Red-(((hugs)))

Linda-What-is-the-difference-between-core-and-flex-points?

TRACY-come-on-back-and-say-hello!

ok-have-a-great-day.
Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:39 AM   #37  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All.

Thanks for all the well wishes with the working situation. I just gotta believe it's in someone else's hands and whatever is going to happen will be for the best. I just don't want to be someone who complains about things and never makes an effort to change them. That's why I put in the application. I may not even get an interview, but I gotta try.

Linda: What did you have for lunch that made you "blow it"? Was it bad, or just bad compared to how well you eat now? I'm sure it wasn't that bad. I'm going out to lunch today also for a birthday celebration. It's a chinese/mongolian bbq place. I can load up on veggies and maybe one or two little spring rolls. Don't care much for rice, so I won't have that.

Lucky: Good luck on the land. Wait, let me type it so you can understand...good-luck-on-the-land.--Hope-it-all-works-out-for-you. Heehee!

Raven: You not keeping your mouth shut?? I would never have thunk it!! heehee. I've never been fired or layed off. Usually am fortunate enough to have something else lined up before a job ends. Have a great time on your vacation. Sure wish I was living in NC so we could visit more often!

Jolly: Hang in, hang on, and work it out. You will get through this funk, I have no doubt.

Alrighty, I did my first ever pilates workout this morning. I LOVED IT! I think I need to bump it up a step, but it sure felt good stretching out all those muscles!

Happy Thursday!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:29 PM   #38  

I hate to even admit, Chach, what I ordered (willingly and knowingly!). I had cheese fries.... yes, I know.... no lectures please - they were awesome. My friend and I split them and each had a bowl of butternut squash soup, which wasn't a bad choice. Should have had salad with the soup, I know. But, they sounded sooo good and I was "week". They were an enourmous appetizer plate of cheese fries (so very good as well) with two kinds of blended cheeses and a salsa dipping sauce. I had bread on the side that came with the soup as well, but only ate half the slice.
So, I did some serious damage.
Today, looking back, I know how I should have ordered and know I got carried away in the "heat of the moment". Today, I "move on" and am trying to do much better.
I am feeling stressed, though. Seems like bad news keeps coming my way recently. My father in law was diagnosed last week with malinoma and today my brother in law (who has been treated and was in remission with lymphoma) had bad test results and it looks like it's coming back on him.
I hate cancer, it seems to attack all the people I love, so today is an emotional day. So far, I've kept busy and did something positive, like going out and buying new boots and shoes (whoops, we're broke, but I didn't care - it was either that or chocolate in large quantities, I guess). I got a pair of really cool boots, by the way, they are very retro 1960s looking and I was thrilled as they zipped up on me! They are a bit above the ankle in height. I have chunky legs and boots usually don't zip on me. They are black leather and gorgeous! Only $29.00! What is my secret to get them that cheap??? They are children's sized boots, which are always cheaper, as I have tiny feet! I also bought a pair of Merrill Jungle Mocs, do you guys know what those are? I love them, these are my third pair - they were "on sale". I'll have to butter up my husband a bit before I tell him I spent the money! Hmm.... will have to make his favorite dinner or something? ; )
Lucky, the difference between core and flex.... hard to explain if you aren't into weight watchers, but I shall try.
With Flexpoints one has a certain amount of points per day that one should have to eat. This number of points is dependant on weight, height and age. The smallest amount of points is 20, which is now all I get! A few examples: An apple is 1 point, veggies are 0 points, lite bread is 2 slices for one point, regular bread can be as much as 2 points a slice. A chicken breast without skin is 3 points, but 5 points with skin, etc. Some things are VERY high in points, obviously fat and fiber come into play. Junk food is VERY high in points. You get 35 flexpoints a week in addition to your 20 (or more) per day. You can use up all the extra flexpoints at one huge meal or one huge dessert or divide them and use a few per day, it's up to you - hence the word "flex" is used. Weight watchers provides you with a listing of foods and what their points are as well as a calculator that you can use to figure out how many points something is from the calories, fat and fiber content on it's packaging. I love this plan as it really gives you flexibility but can keep you in control so you continue to lose weight.
The CORE plan has a select group of healthy foods listed. You may eat until you are "satisfied" of these foods. If you have foods that re not on the core list, you have 35 flex points a week to use for those.
The CORE food list is very healthy, all fruits and veggies are core foods, lean meats and protien, fat free dairy is core, but even if you use low fat you must count them as Core. Certain grains are core, but things with white flour are not. Anything pretty much "processed" is not core, if you can think of that. Carbs are ok, but only healthy carbs, not junk. Makes perfect sense if you think about it.
It's a very healthy eating plan, I think, and much like a diabetic eats. But, the "eat until you are satisfied" thing, for me, was not a good thing. I had no control.
Hope that makes sense!
Linda
Old 10-15-2004, 07:05 AM   #39  
Student of the Hoof

Hey chickies...

Linda - If I deep breathe any more, I'll pass out. My boyfriend's father passed away from a very aggressive cancer the first year I moved down here. He was young, it was very unexpected, and very difficult for my BF to cope with. Cancer is one of those things that scares me silly. I really hope that your BIL and FIL come through this well.

Chachee - Hey! Are you saying I have a big mouth!?! Yeah, ok, I do, so?

Lucky - Keep us posted on the land! And of course as soon as you find the right one and close on it, we must have pictures so I can drool and be jealous!

Jolly - Been there. Recently. I seem to finally be coming up from the depths. It's a slow climb, though. Be patient with yourself. I'm still planning on the midwest horse fair!!

Today Valeska and I leave for SC to attend a three day horse training Symposium by John Lyons. I'm so excited!! I won't be back till late Sunday night, so till then, I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 10-16-2004, 03:21 AM   #40  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hey there people! Just at work and was able to glance through the posts. Miss you all. No time to read much, less to answer. Just wanted to say heh and thanks for thinking of me!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 06:30 AM   #41  

Raven, have a great trip! Lucky, this land thing sounds awfully exciting, I love the adventure of looking for land/houses. Moving sucks, though.
Red, wish you were back here more frequently. How are you doing with your weight loss journey? I find myself wondering if I would do better if I wasn't on my computer as much, truthfully, as I'd be doing other things (hopefully NOT eating) and moving around more????
Linda
Old 10-16-2004, 11:00 AM   #42  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello all,
Raven hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Chachee, glad you discovered Pilates. It's really cool and so good for the abs and the posture. Linda, I think you're right about getting away from the computer and doing other things. I find that myself - too much time idled away in the chair here! Hope you are doing better Jolly tho the brrr cold weather is setting in around here and I find the mood slugs down too as hibernation sets in.

Hellos to Red and Lucky too.

Good news, I don't have to be in Memphis until January. That gives me more time to get the house ready - can use all the time I can. At least I can be home for the holidays which is important to me too. We will probably make a trip mid December to find a temporary apartment and then do the big move down the week between Christmas and New Years so we can ring in the new year in a new state.

There is sooooo much to do I am almost overwhelmed and can't be thinking that I have lots more time now because I really don't.

Hope you all fight the good diet fight for me now because heaven knows it's the last thing on my mind right now. Take care all...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:58 PM   #43  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Merry Christmas Ladies...

Yes it is beginning to look alot like Christmas here. We woke up to 2 feet of snow.

Well our offer, their counter offer was accepted so now we are waiting for a few tests, (well flow test, and a compliance letter for the septic system) to be done and hopefully all will work out and we will be able to move in a month. We were hoping the snow would hold off, but no such luck.

Happy (((hugs))) I will be thinking of you lots as I am packing. If you have any good tips, I could probably use them. I am so pleased that you will be able to have the holidays with your family.

Chachee I am glad that you liked pilates. That is what Kristi has been doing in gym for the last month. She really likes it also. So I guess I really have no more excuses.

Jolly when in NOvember is your trip? When is the midwest horse fair?

Red hi and glad you were able to pop in for a few minutes.

Tracy hi to you also.

Raven I hope that you and V are having a wonderful weekend.

Linda thankyou for the explanation. I don't think that I would be able to do the core plan, because I really am never satisfied. That would just give me permission to myself to keep eating. Sorry about your family I hope all turns out well.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:38 AM   #44  
Student of the Hoof

Hey chickies...

I'm back and I feel like my head is so stuffed with information it's going to blow up. I took a half day off this morning so I could return the car, get the laundry done, do the dishes, get some SLEEP! I didn't drive in till about midnight. Took lots of notes, now the trick is to get out there and start working the horses and pray I remember it all.

Lucky - Wow! Is this a house on land? Barn? Pastures? How much land? Wow!!

Happy - Glad you're going to have time to make the move more smooth. I ran into a woman at the Symposium who lives in Memphis. She has a stud that I'd dearly love to have a foal by out of Shadow. Of course, he's only 3 right now, she won't be breeding him for several years. And also of course, I'll need my own place before I can even think of raising a foal. But she invited us up to Memphis to see her facility, so I figure what a great trip that would be, seeing you and Mingo! We haven't even made up our minds if we truly want to breed her anyway, and if we do, it might be surrogate mare stuff. ANYway.. make lists, cross things off. One thing at a time, girl!

Red - I miss you!!! Still. V got the flash cards. We love them!! I can't tell you thank you enough! *hug*

Pilates .. I stand by what I said - I haven't found any other workout that will build up the abs, butt, back (core) muscles better or faster than pilates. I haven't been doing it lately, and it shows. It helps with center of balance, sore backs, posture, waistline, the whole schebang.

This week (at the latest this weekend) I WILL get the treadmill belt on. And I WILL start working out again. I ate so much these last three days I feel like a stuffed thanksgiving turkey. *oof* Time to get on the ball.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:42 AM   #45  

Hello everyone. I had a pretty good weekend. Spent the day with my dad yesterday. It is so nice that he is back among the living, and actually aware of others. We talked quite a bit about my funk, and goals and plans etc. It was so nice.

My eating is still off, but I did make it to the gym this morning and did cardio and weights. I have been so bad about doing my weights.

Happy, I am glad you got a little more time to get things settled before moving and starting your new job. Lucky, I hope all goes well with the test for you land. IF you want to move to a place that doesn't have snow yet, the farm I board at is for sale. Stalls and indoor arena already in place I am going to Nashville the 10th-13th. And Midwest Horse fair is in April.

Have a great day all. Raven, I had better hear about your trip soon.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote