3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   WWJLD? - a new game.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/47397-wwjld-new-game.html)

Jane 10-01-2004 09:18 AM

WWJLD? - a new game....

What Would a Jaded Lady Do?

Here's a new twist on the "Would You Rather" game.... give a situation but no choices for an answer. The one who responds should answer the question, and then give a new challenge.

The first one is: If you knew a friend's husband was cheating on her, would you tell her?

FrouFrou 10-01-2004 03:08 PM

This is a toughy but I would have to say NO! Because I think she would get mad at me for telling her and not believe it. What I would do is confront the husband and tell him I saw him with this other woman and if it didn't stop I would tell. But I still don't think I could tell, I wouldn't want to lose the friendship.

Okay, if your friend was adopted and she was looking for her parent(s) and you know who they are but they don't want her to know would you tell her anyway?

RosieKate 10-01-2004 04:18 PM

Probably not right off the bat. I would first approach the bio-parent and find out about their feelings in the matter, and tell them the bio-kid was looking for them. Then I would stay out of it unless there was medical information needed to save someone's life.

Ok - found out today that my dad and his wife were in town yesterday and didn't tell me. I had no idea they were even here until my grandmother called me this morning. My dad lives 5 hours away and, regardless of how he may feel about me, you would think he would want to see his grandchildren. So, WWJLD? Do I call him up and confront him? Confrontations don't tend to work very well with him because he just denies everything and keeps doing it until the confronter gives up and goes away. I'm ticked...but more sad than anything else...lay your wisdom on me ladies :)

Jane 10-01-2004 09:25 PM

Wow, Katy, this one isn't hypothetical! I think since you said "confrontations don't work well with him" that you'd be wasting your time to try and reason with him. But you could mention that you knew he was in town, just to let him know he's busted! Btw, so sorry this happened to you! (((HUGS))) You have been a good daughter and deserve better than this!

Now, for a hypothetical one - if your friend or co-worker brings a dish to a carry-in that is totally gross then asks you if you liked it, would you fib to spare her feelings?

suetalks 10-01-2004 10:34 PM

I think I would try to say something like "I'm sorry, but I don't care for olives." or whatever was in there that you could pick on. Otherwise if it is a common dish and just nasty you could fib a little bit or say you hadn't gotten to it since there was so much food. I can never say that I just thought it was gross.

If you had a friend that NEVER was the first to call or initiate a lunch, get together or just a chat, but always was so glad to see you and so much fun, would you keep trying to be friends?

da fat n da furious 10-01-2004 11:25 PM

Depends on how we have been friends...if she has always been that way, then I would still remain friends with her. If shes a new friend then I would kick her butt to the curb! kidding

You have been friends for a long time with someone and well you like them but can barely tolerate their kid,,,would you tell them that infact its not acceptable the way they act? Or bite your tongue? Or not socialize as much? Or Socialize but without kids?

Jane 10-02-2004 08:03 AM

Since we've been friends for a long time and like her company, I'd still get together sans brat by choosing occasions that children shouldn't be a part of, and enjoy ourselves without the child, lol. :cheers:

What would you do if your boss, with whom you work very closely, had terrible breath everyday?

RosieKate 10-02-2004 09:31 AM

Grin and bear it, for the most part. Maybe leave a bowl of mints on my desk, then when the boss is in the vicinity, take one for myself,then offer him/her one.

Scenario: you are in the grocery store with your toddler, who is behaving like a toddler, basically ( gimme gimme), but not really being a bother to anyone but you. Then a stranger walks up and makes a snide comment about your parenting skills, ie " if it were mine I'd be spanking him".....Do you ignore? Justify yourself to a stranger? Agree? - this is a hypothetical this time....;)

Dolphin 10-02-2004 11:21 AM

Being a single person without kids, no desire to have kids, no tolerance for kids, I totally understand the strangers point of view. Kids are loud, annoying, and disruptive. I can't stand it when someone takes there kid out, and they just scream, throw tantrums, etc. Especially in restaurants. My theory is, if they want to scream and cry, I'll give them something to scream and cry about. Don't worry, I don't plan on having any kids! With that said, you should probably just save your breath when speaking to someone who makes comments like that. There is no way you are going to change their mind. Just ignore them.

Ok, here's my scenario, and it happened to a co-worker with the NUTBALL!

She was in a situation where she voiced what she really thought and was told by NUTBALL, the President, and the Corporate Compliance dept that she wasn't acting like a manager and should be behind the organization NO MATTER WHAT. Now she feels like they are out for her head. Later that week, when dealing with funding on a particular case, realizing that Medicaid would not pay for a nurse to take a patient to the doctor (duplication of services) the NUTBALL told her to submit it anyway and see if they notice! This is really an issue to be reported to Corporate Compliance, it is fraud, but she feels like it doesn't really matter, no one would believe her, etc. What do you do?

Jane 10-02-2004 11:29 AM

Yikes, Jen! Not all kids are little monsters, lol!

About the situation you mentioned... if I were you, I'd do nothing. If I were the nurse in question, I'd point out to my supervisor that it was an illegal thing to do, and document when/where/what was said. If she told me to send it anyway, I would, but I'd make sure I made a couple copies of the documentation!

If your neighbor kept borrowing things from you and you wanted it to stop, what would you do?

FrouFrou 10-02-2004 12:06 PM

Funny, I am reading all of these posts and have had a lot of these happen, the one about the toddler, the friend's husband cheating, the friend with the horrible kids-LOL and this one, and yes not all kids are monsters. Okay, I did have a neighbor who always borrowed stuff, a tomato, onion, cup of sugar, rice and so on and I must say it didn't really bother me. Of course she asked me one day why I never borrow anything. Never needed to since I bought groceries once a week and made a list of all I needed. So...I would have to say it depends on what exactly the neighbor is borrowing, if it is like tools from DH then I would let him decide when he has had enough but food like the neighbor above I never got tired of it, we were friends and it was never a nuisance.

If your driving down the road and you see a fight between a couple, not arguing but an actually fight what would you do? Would you just pass on by? Would you stop and help? Or would you pull over not get out but call the police on your cell phone if you have one?

RosieKate 10-02-2004 12:39 PM

I would call the police from my cell and take a picture if it was a picture phone. And get a license plate, note the time and make of the car, the location, then make a follow up phone call when I reached my destination. I think getting out of the car to intervene would be a very dangerous thing to do.

What do you do with a girlfriend who continually fills you in on the explicit details of her love life.....you want her to know you support her as a friend, but then again, her morals may not be the same as yours? At what point do you say ENOUGH with a friend like this?

da fat n da furious 10-02-2004 12:42 PM

I would pull over and yes call the police on my cell phone and from the safety of my vehicle yell over that I had just called the police. I
Like you Christina, Ive had many of these things happen in my life. We were on holidays once and saw this man grab his wife/gf and hit her open hand across the head. Within seconds there was a group of people literally holding this man down. I had to stick myself in the midst and asked the woman if she wanted me to show her how to hit back...using the *dummy as the dummy.....lol

What would you do if you frequently visit a web site support group and enjoy the place yet there is one person who has such a low oppinion of themselves all the time. When you try to say something nice to them they have a way of returning it with the comment of you're crazy to think there is anything good about them?

FrouFrou 10-02-2004 01:08 PM

Oooopsie! You both (Angie & Katy) answered the same question. I will go with Katy's and then post Angie's question as the next one.

To Katy's: I say the first time she starts telling me. I would stop her and say, ummm too much info! I wouldn't want anyone to know about my sex life and I sure don't want to know about others. I would tell her I enjoy her friendship, that is if I did, and tell her her sex life is between her and her significant other and to please refrain from telling me.

Here is Angie's question:

What would you do if you frequently visit a web site support group and enjoy the place yet there is one person who has such a low oppinion of themselves all the time. When you try to say something nice to them they have a way of returning it with the comment of you're crazy to think there is anything good about them?

Jane 10-02-2004 08:11 PM

Angie - OMG, that is such a good one, but I have no clue how to answer! Anybody else??????