Old 12-31-2004, 08:08 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #332 ~FRIDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
Old 12-31-2004, 08:18 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile

Happy last day of 2004!!! I slept pretty well last night too. So I've been feeling pretty good, but I seem to think I have more energy than I really do and by the end of the day, I'm drained.
Yesterday's thread was really, really slow. I guess everyone is still busy with the holidays and all. What does everyone have planned for today?
Us...nothing. We've got to go out on Sunday to take care of house business, maybe we'll have enough time to have dinner or something, maybe a movie, I'd love to see Meet the Fockers.

I'm gonna get some things on Ebay today that dh has been on me to do so maybe I can make some side money.
Here are some pictures I took yesterday of the kids and my new van. I'll try to get some of the house today and see if I can get dh to take a side view of my belly, you all will love that one.

YEAH, I managed to get the pictures smaller this go around...I'm so glad. Okay, there you have it. I'll see what else I can do today. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 09:35 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Crystal,
The kids are just sooo cute! Little Angels Nice Van! Hope you are enjoying it!

I am still really busy right now with all the end of the year stuff I have to close all of hubby's books out and it's just a long and draining process, hence I HATE BOOKWORK! LOL

Anyhow, Hope you all have an awesome day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:05 AM   #4  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I am sooo mad. I left a post yesterday, and when I hit submit, it said the forum was down. So my post wasn't left. Darn it!

~Crystal-Niccceee! Love your van! The looks like it would be fun to drive. Your kids are such cuties too. Love those little angelic smiles. So tell me, how do you keep your house soo clean with 3 kids? I almost find it impossible around here.

Penny-Bookwork! I love to do that stuff. If I were there, I'd help you out. In high school and college, accounting was my favorite classes. I'm weird, aren't I?

I can't remember what I posted yesterday. I know I said hi to everyone. I do want to know though....Where in the world is Spryng?

and one QOTD:
What is your New's Years resolution for 2005, other than weight loss?

I'm going to quit gnawing on my fingernails. Get all the half-finished jobs done in this house and enjoy my life instead of waiting to enjoy it until I lose the weight. I've missed out on alot in the past because of my weight. This year, I'm going to do more despite my weight. Forget what everyone thinks. My mini-goal is to find an up-to-date hairstyle so I can actually look my age instead of looking "too" old. Bring me into the millenium instead of the 80s...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:00 PM   #5  
**Kristin**

HI Gals! I am just posting a wuick hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR! This year will be the best yet, I promise! We can all win this weight loss struggle! It will be tough, but I look forward to seeing how far we can all come! I think for the new year it would be nice to have everyone put what there plan is for getting healthy and how they want to get to it. Here is mine:

1. exercise becoming a part of my life, permenantly. At least 3 times a week.
2. only 1 can of pop a day...otherwise, water, water, water!
3. reducing portions and making healthier choices when I am out ot eat.

Those are my plans for this year, I KNOW I can stick to them!!!

My resolutions:
TO follow the above plan Stop biting my nails and spend more time playing with sydney. I am really good at it, but some times i find things to clean, etc when I should be enjoying the time with my daughter!...and one last thing....to make my hubby follow that same plan I am for weight loss! I gotta whip his butt into shape too! LOL!

Okay all of you have a wonderful new year, stay safe if you are going out! NOt us! Jill, I hope you feel better!
Crystal - nice pics! Kids are beautiful, van looks great!...what about the house!??!?! Im a whiner, I know! LOL
Chris - I bite my nails too, I hate how they look! We can be buddies for that, K?

Anyone else I forgot, sorry! We are going to paint our bedroom, bathroom and guest bath this weekend and next too. SO I will take some before and afters for ya;ll! I am so excited!

TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:33 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

Okay since Kristin brought it up...my plan for the year is:

~Exercise at least 30 min. 4-5 days a week.
~Drink more water (I feel like a desert anymore)
~Work on toning my arms to get rid of the flappy stuff
~learn to cook healthy low-fat food, instead cooking out of a box
~eat more fruit
~really eat more veggies

This should be a really obtainable goal. I'm fairly good with exercising anymore. I feel guilty when I don't. The rest is going to be my "new" rest of my life program.

~chris
Old 12-31-2004, 01:44 PM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all, I'm checking in while lunch is cooking.

Chris, what do you mean, clean house? You only have a teensy, weensy glimpse from those pictures, don't let that fool you. Thanks for the comments.

Kristin, I will get those pictures of the house today. I've been running virus scans on my computer all morning getting it to run faster and such so I should be able to get pictures done quickly this time. Plus I wanted to post a pic of my big, big, big belly.

Penny, you are busy. Slow down a bit to enjoy the new year.

Okay, QOTD: I want to stay more organized. Especially since I'll be getting into my bigger house and having my last child I want to train myself to stay more organized and keep a cleaner house. I keep a tidy house, but not clean and I want to train myself. Of course, after having the baby I want to start over training myself in the eating and exercise areas of life.

Okay, I'll check back later, maybe with some pictures of something. Love having my camera back.
BTW,............I have ONE month left. I'm due in one month from today and if I have it MY way, I'll have this baby in January but none the less, I have only ONE month. YEAH!!!
Kids are hungry and I am too. TTYL
Old 12-31-2004, 06:58 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

Slow afternoon on here. I thought I was going to miss a bunch of posts.

Nothing planned for this evening. Tiana went to a movie with her friend and then she is spending the night. So dh is going to come home from work early and eat dinner with us and then I guess we are going to Blockbuster to rent some movies.

We'll ring in the New Year...asleep in front of the tv while the rest of the world is singing and drinking. WOO HOO! How's that for exciting. At least there should be some decent movies to rent.

Jill-I read that you weren't feel good. I hope you and Bayley are well enough to go to your friend's house to celebrate. Getting sick always happens around the holidays.

Crystal-Compared to what I cope with everyday keeping up with the cleaning after these 3 girls of mine--You're house is spotless. I want to stay more organized this year too. I'm going to have to pull out my Sidetracked Home Executive book and redo my index cards. I did that when I was married to my ex and it really did help me stay on track and keep things neater and cleaner. Flylady mentions it on her website.

Kristin-How goes the battle? When you were little did your mom buy that nail polish stuff to keep you from sticking your fingers in your mouth? My mom did for me, but after awhile it just didn't phase me. I have grown them out quite a few times, but then they'd break and then I'd start all over nibbling again. Bad habit....

Well I better get dinner ready. Dh will be home in an hour or so. TTFN and
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 07:46 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Weather update....

The temperature took a major nosedive. My sil called and told me that we are below Zero. We are supposed to get some snow too. Around 4 inches for now. So dh has decided that I (and only I) get to head to Blockbuster to get movies. He looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if we were all going. He just replied "I AIN'T GOING OUT THERE. I'M TAKING A HOT SHOWER AND STAYING HOME!" (what a chicken)

Michelle sent it to us.... I like the snow idea just not the below zero temp.

~chris
Old 12-31-2004, 08:44 PM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Evening

Okay, I'm having trouble getting my pictures downloaded on photobucket. I'm having to do one at a time so I'll send you all me with my big belly. Here it is....

Keep in mind, I'm pregnant and I just noticed my ankles are getting swollen. I have no make up on, the wind is blowing and I'm tired. Otherwise, you can see Allison's big enough and ready to come out.

I'll try to check back later or in the morning. I don't plan on watching the ball drop, I see it this way, when I wake up, it'll still be the new year. Maybe I can slowly get my pictures of the house on photobucket and I can add them on here tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a great night and Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 09:52 AM   #11  
Jeniqua

Crystal you look soo cute with your belly! You sure you want her to come out..LOL!! I can't wait to see pics of her. I am so glad you got your camera back! You have a beautiful family.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 10:10 AM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Starting a new thread for a NEW YEAR! ------------> WOOHOO!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote