Old 10-29-2004, 02:17 AM   #31  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Raff, I know exactly what you mean ... last week I had a fairly good week, but this week I've totally gone off the rails again!! Just can't seem to stick with a plan for longer than a week or two ... although, I must confess that I haven't even tried to this week!! No watching what I was eating and no counting cals or writing anything down ... so much for my little speech last week about how important it is for us to keep track of what we're eating!! I've eaten so much chocolate this week and it's not even TOM ... don't know what's the matter with me. I dread getting on the scales tomorrow! Only thing I can think is that it's because Nick has been working late all week and I've been bored!! Not a good reason I know ... I must find something else to keep me from being bored.

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:19 PM   #32  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Totally OOC here too. Have enlisted Mark (who is complaining of tight clothes) to help me clear out all the junk AND NOT BRING ANYMORE IN and start new diet campaign asap. Urgh.

Also, check out my totally cute new sig! Someone else had it and I copied

Just realized I have no idea how to update it. Hmm. Well this isn't good

B

Last edited by NicoleNYC; 10-29-2004 at 01:29 PM.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 06:31 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 286/232/170

I'm completely off plan again Still struggling with flu/cough...sick of coughing all night long, think I'll end up going back to the doc on Monday.

Why is it so difficult to stay focussed?????? Sometimes I wish I could just give up and accept me as I am...but then I think that's stupid cos healthwise I have no choice in the matter.

Oh for a fairy godmother or a genie!!!

Thanks Raff for your well wishes, it's much appreciated. I find it hard to believe I'm finally doing something well!!!!

It's my wedding anniversary today. Eleven years!!! Time flies when you're having fun! The kids wanted us all to go out for a meal but because I feel so ill we ended up having spaghetti, followed by pecan pie (don't tell me the calories for that one!!!!!), and then me and Alan watched The Day After Tomorrow. Have to say I actually enjoyed it, even if parts of it were a little far-fetched in an action adventure kind of way!!!

Right, time for bed.

Have a great weekend everyone
britjo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 06:31 PM   #34  

Ooooh almost forgot....love the new sig Brandy!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 10:42 PM   #35  

Happy anniversary Jo! Shame you weren't feeling well enough to go out, but hope you enjoyed your night in with hubby all the same

Looks like we're all having a bit of a struggle right now with staying on plan I've just had an email from some diet website reminding me that it's only 8 weeks until Chirstmas and telling me that there's still time to lose those unwanted pounds Which reminds me, a few months ago I had planned to be almost down to target by this week as it's half-term hols in the UK and our (skinny) friends were planning to visit us ... as it turned out, they decided that they wouldn't be able to make it this year, but I wonder if I would have been more motivated if they hadn't changed their plans??

I'm now starting to panic with the festive season soon to be upon us ... which means Chirstmas parties at work, and Nick's company 'do' which is on 5 December ... not much time until then! Of couse, I'm in the same position now as I have been for the past X years ... with nothing to wear because nothing fits!! Every year I say the same ... that I'm not going through this again ... and every year I have the same problem. And it's not just 'party' clothes that are a problem ... The weather here in HK will start cooling off soon (I'm still wearing summer clothes at the moment) and I'll need to start sorting out my warmer clothes ... but I know none of them fit ... again!!! What to do????

There's only one thing for it ... I really have got to get my head together and start being sensible with my eating habits ... this week I've been awful ... so greedy it's disgusting! Monday is the start of a whole new week (and the day after Halloween ... I just need those candy goodies out of my cupboards ... they're calling to me all the time!!! ... One more day and they will be gone thank goodness!!

Can't wait until Monday so that I can start over ... again!

Happy Halloween everyone! Have a great weekend!

Nichola
Old 10-29-2004, 10:47 PM   #36  

Forgot to add that I've weighed-in and stayed the same this week ... PHEW!!!

Oh, and Brandy, I love your new sig too ... I've noticed it on a couple of other posts and wondered how it works??? .... If you suss it out let us know!LOL

Nichola
Old 10-30-2004, 11:33 AM   #37  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Hi All! Happy !

I'm going to try this again - I keep trying to post and my phone keeps ringing

Anyway, looks like we all need a little kick start. I weighed myself this morning and it was not one of these you would think there would be a little smily guy getting off and kicking scale across the room

Last night when searching for flights, I figured out that I have exactly seven weeks till we go home for Christmas (eight weeks till Christmas). I would LOVE to really do well between now and then so that Christmas doesn't throw me too far off M has been complaining of tight clothes and is in it with me. We have agreed not to bring junk in our house but to have a few treats occasionally (as ww is flexable enough to accomodate this) - but only of the single serving variety. No big bag of candy sitting on the counter while kidding ourselves we'll just eat a few - or any such nonsense as that. I'm going to actually cook (shock!) and try to get in all the WW requirements - the five fruits and veg and milk and blah blah blah. This is going to involve packing lunch for M which actually isn't a problem.

So anyway, I'll be weighing in on Saturdays and moving my ticker accordingly. Would love for you guys to join me on my Countdown to Christmas Crunch Time Panic Diet

And I think I've figured out how to move the ticker. It seems you just recreate it every time and change your current weight. You just tick boxes to creat so it's not involved at all. If you want your own, the link is http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticke...r_designer.php

Happy Anniv Jo Hope you're feeling better soon!

Nichola, sounds like we are dreading the same part of the holiday season - clothes shopping. Urgh. Congrats on your maintaining weigh in. Sounds like you got a pass this week - let's both go for a whopper of a loss next week!

Raff!!! Good to see you again!!!

Ok, off to start day one with massive panic diet attack!!! Wish us luck!

B
Old 11-01-2004, 10:39 AM   #38  
A woman of ACTION

Hey Everyone!

Looks like we are all renewing our weight loss vows. I started today on the right foot with a 6 AM workout at Curves. Can't afford to do Curves AND WW, so will do WW on my own at home. Curves has a scale, so I will weigh in there every Tuesday. Will keep you posted.

Have a great day all!

Lorraine
ecchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #39  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Hi Lorraine! WOW! 6 am and working out. IMPRESSIVE!

B
Old 11-02-2004, 06:00 PM   #40  
A woman of ACTION

Don't be too terribly impressed. I went back in today and did my one month weigh and measure. Nothing like a 7 pound gain and a few inches too. Obvisouly not working it like I should.

To make matters worse, my kid spit on another kid at school. I was soo disappointed. And I need some serious sleep. And I have a pile of dishes to do and I so do not want to do them.

Bah.
ecchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:43 PM   #41  

Sorry you're feeling down Lorraine. Know the feeling. I'm still feeling ill, still coughing all night long, lost my voice, and I've gained 2.5 lbs at WW tonight too.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:28 AM   #42  

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... sounds like we are all in need of a kick start! I intended to get back on track this week, but it just hasn't happened ... can't seem to find any motivation to do it, even though I'm feeling really p***** o** with myself lately!! Every day I tell myself that today is going to be the day, but by lunch time I'm already off plan!! I need someone to give me a good kick up the butt!! ... Anyone??

Come on girls, we've got to get our act together ... any suggestions??

Nichola
Old 11-03-2004, 01:41 AM   #43  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies! Like Lorraine said, we all seem to renewing our weightloss vows. I vow not to give up hope. No matter how many times I yo-yo I will still try to get back on track because if I give in I could easily reach 400lbs and then I'll have to be airlifted out of my house.
Heaven forbid!

Love the new sig Brandy. I'm not brave enough to have it. Its good to see that you're still doing WW. I hear they have a new plan, so you can choose which is best.

Jo – Happy Anniversary! And I hope you feel better. Remember to take Vitamin C because it will help you recover. I think Vit. C is a wonder drug.

Lorraine - It's great to hear that your exercising. My insurance pays for a gym membership but I wont get the info from them. How silly is that? I really should look into it because I am so out of shape. I went to a wedding last Saturday and shook my groove thing all night and was sore the following morning.

Nichola - I'm sure you'll do fine with the holidays. Treat them as you would every other day. All the food that is served on holidays is available year round. It's just a matter of going to the supermarket to get. From that point of view the day is no different than any other.

Well go to run off. I had myself a little reduced-fat crescent roll/garlic creamcheese feast and now I have a tummy ache. God, I am the poster-girl for overindulgance!

Talk to you soon!
Love,
Raff
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:16 AM   #44  

Raff, it's not the extra food at Christmas that I'm worried about ... it's the fact that I haven't lost any weight FOR Chirstmas ... still in the same position that I've been in for years.

I know I shouldn't focus on trying to lose weight just for a particular occasion, but it would be nice if one day I could actually look forward to the Christmas parties and actually feel good about myself for once instead of feeling depressed, fat and frumpy

I remember years gone by when I used to get so excited about going to all the Christmas/New Years Eve parties, and I always felt really good about myself and what I was wearing ... now, solely due to the fact that I'm overweight, I couldn't care less whether I go or not ... sad, but true

Nichola
Old 11-05-2004, 01:40 PM   #45  
Bad Mamma Jamma

This week was a total wash and I have no excuses.